Chapter 29

Justice

*Not Edited

*****

3rd POV

                  Rain splattered against the tinted window as the night grew more silent. The sudden thunderstorm caused many people on the streets to leave immediately for the closest shelter or to their homes. The glimpse of the main road that was seen by Hyun was quite with only few cars driving by. The shops were closed and the sidewalks only had random people walking around with either an umbrella or raincoat. The small street that the house was station at was like a ghost town compared to the happy screams of children playing tag and water fights just few minutes ago. It felt like everything was frozen in time.

It was too quite for Hyun as she tried hard to concentrate on the case files that was laid out on the dark wooden grand table. She leaned against the big leather chair looking out again at the window behind her. Her mood turning more depressing.

These past few weeks have been hard on Hyun. The case was turning more and more cold. Nothing was popping up that could help them prove the wrong doings of SM’s President. The small lawyer team that Hyun created was also getting more depressed and frustrated. Yuri went as far as crying in anger. Seeing her new teammates like that made Hyun even more edgy.

Just like them, she wanted to find a way to get at least a small clue that will help them, but it seems like the only way to help their case is checking sources inside the SM building. Probably digging up information about their taxes and incomes in their computer; however, there is no way for anyone to go inside the building without questioning. Hyun couldn’t go, of course, and if anyone that does go from her team, doesn’t mean they will have access to the computer. Not to forget so many passwords and security must be put up to stop any stranger from getting information that is not allowed for the public.

Even when things were getting more complicated, a call from Hyun’s mother and Hyo always cheered her up. Talking to them about many random things help lift her mood drastically, and reminded her how much faith they have in her. The surprise call from Sulli two weeks ago also made her relax. It was a small talk, but hearing that she was doing well helped Hyun much more than she could imagine.

A whimper followed by a wet nose poking her bare thigh made Hyun jump in fright. Looking down she saw Harang staring at her with his tongue sticking out.

“You scared me, Harangie.” A smile formed on her lips as she easily saw the resemblance between Harang and his owner. It’s crazy how they seem to look like each other. Harang laid his head on her thigh and growled deep within his throat in satisfaction as she continued to pat him. A whimper was followed again, and Hyun knew immediately why.

“I miss him too, Harang.” A sigh escaped her lips as memories from the past month flooded her head.

Living with Yoochun was actually very comfortable for her. After the dinner in the car looking over the Seoul’s skyline and Han River, the awkwardness went away naturally. Jokes and teasing where thrown around almost every day and pranks soon followed.

However, flirting was the not what Hyun imagined to happen. At first it was just light flirting, but as days progressed, it turned more heavy. “Accidental” touches and sitting closer than necessary became the norm. It went as far as cuddling during movie night. Hyun suspected that Yoochun purposely turned the air condition on high and made an excuse of having only one blanket which Hyun knew was a lie as she saw many spare ones in the guest room, but she didn’t say anything. Instead she got under the blanket with him and put her head on his shoulder, and letting him put his arm around the back of the sofa as he unconsciously played with her hair.

Yoochun left about two weeks ago for JYJ’s concert in Japan. Hyun was able to watch their concert in Seoul with a VIP pass and it was that moment that made her realize that she had to work harder than ever. Not only for her dad and JYJ, but also for the fans who stood by their sides through the thick and thin. Seeing the famous Red Ocean and her boys smiling while sweat rolling down their faces caused a warm feeling fill up her chest in pride. Being able to see them dance and sing with all of their might, and also have crazy stories to tell (especially about JaeJoong watching ) had her smiling through the whole concert.

Sitting back and noticing how silent the house was the moments that Hyun missed Yoochun the most.

Suddenly Harang shoot his head up looking at the door. Without messing a beat, he ran out the room leaving behind the confused Hyun behind.

“Harang?” Hyun got up quickly followed the big dog into the living room just in time to see a figure walking softly into the room.

A smile fully formed on Hyun’s face as she saw the tall figure patting the excited Harang before looking up at her. His black shirt was stuck to his skin as his sweatpants left behind a trail of water droplets on the wooden floor. Hyun’s heart skipped a beat when his eyes sparked and a breath-taking smile formed on his face.

Looking into each others eyes made them totally forgot about their surroundings. After not seeing each other for almost two weeks made them realize how much they missed each other’s company. Starting their days together with breakfast and ending it with watching dramas (mostly Hyun watched them forcing Yoochun to comply as well). The days off were spent together by either going to Han River or just staying home and fooling around, and laughter was always present.

Yoochun was also going through many emotions in a short amount of time: happiness to see Hyun smiling brightly at him, relief that she looked the same just as she did few weeks ago, and sadness to realize the dark circles that were present most likely due to stress and not enough sleep. Just the thought of going back to their usual routine made him so happy that he couldn’t even fall asleep on the plane ride back to Korea. While JaeJoong and Junsu were lightly snoring, he couldn’t stop imagining scenarios about his surprise return. He didn’t exactly told Hyun the exact date of his return because he, himself, didn’t know either. Even after the concerts are over, they usually stay back for few more days to relax and enjoy a little time off. However, seeing the girl that he likes looking just as happy as he feels could make his heart burst out of his chest.

A flash of lightening followed by a strong thunder didn’t even make the two flinch, but the sudden electricity outage forced them to land back into reality.

“I’ll get the candle.” Hyun’s soft voice whispered in the pitch blankness which was followed by Yoochun’s agreement.

Hyun walked into the kitchen confidently, not even bothering to stretch her hands because of her memory of the house layout, and took out a jar of candle from a cabinet. She quickly lite up the scented candle which caused the kitchen to engulf in a pastel pink light due to the colored jar.

With careful steps, Hyun walked back towards the living room making sure that the candle does not go out.

Yoochun laid a small towel around his neck just in time to see Hyun walking towards him. He could smell scent of lilies as the fire flickered causing shadows to move on Hyun’s face. The soft light that was caused by jar surrounding Hyun’s like a halo making her look like an angel. The way her eyes moved from the fire to his face made him freeze in movement. She looked so beautiful that it made his heart skip a beat.

Finally, in front of Yoochun, Hyun spoke again in a whisper, “Can you hold this?” Yoochun took the candle jar from her hand before noticing Hyun getting on her toes to reach for the towel that was present around his neck.

With gentle hands, Hyun started to dry his hair, “Why are you wet? Didn’t you come through the garage?”

“No, the manager had to leave soon as possible because his wife got into labor so I told him to drop me off few meters away.” Yoochun’s voice was deep like he just woke up. Hearing his voice caused the same feelings to attack Hyun’s stomach.

“We need to get him and his wife a congratulation present.” She smiled softly due to the good news, “Also why didn’t you tell me you were coming today? I would have made your favorite dinner.”

Yoochun stared down at Hyun as she continued to dry his hair even though they both know it was dried enough. The atmosphere wasn’t awkward. Instead, it felt right,

“I wanted to surprise you.” Hyun looked into his eyes with a faint smile.

“Well, it definitely worked.” Her chuckle rang threw the empty house, “Thank you for the surprise.”

It got silent again as Hyun continued to dry Yoochun’s hair. Making sure that his hair was just damp, Hyun stopped rubbing the towel against his head and laid it back around his neck. However, her hand didn’t move from the position. Yoochun continued to stare at Hyun with his dark brown eyes wanting to take in her presence that he missed. Hyun, also, looked at Yoochun memorizing his features.

Something shifted in the atmosphere between the two as they both realized what each of them were waiting for.

Making the first move, Yoochun slowly started to descend his head towards Hyun still looking straight at her making sure that she was allowing such advance.

Hyun looked up towards him and moved her eyes to his pump pink lips that were slowly moving closers to hers. Her eyes slowly closed as she felt his breath against her cheeks.

Soft lips touched each other in bliss. They moved together softly little afraid to go further. Hyun’s hand that was still holding the towel moved towards Yoochun’s hair on the base of his neck gently pulling on them to indicate that she was fine. Like understanding her message, Yoochun wrapped his arms around Hyun’s waist pulling her closer to his body.

Standing on her toes, their kiss got deeper and stronger. Throwing away the towel around Yoochun’s neck, Hyun got more confident as she fully wrapped her arms around him. Bending forward, Yoochun put one of his palm against Hyun’s back supporting her.

Smacking noise was all they heard before breathing became harder for the two. Yoochun smiled against Hyun’s lips before moving back allowing her to breath. Hyun opened her eyes just in time to see Yoochun staring deeply at her with a goofy smile on his face.

“I wanted to do that ever since I noticed you at the photo studio all those months ago.” His confession made Hyun’s face redder than it was already was and made her heart race more.

Gently putting her palm against this cheeks, she pecked his lips in satisfaction. A smiled formed on her lips as she noticed his surprised look,

“Took you long enough.” 

*****

I'M BACK! Sorry for the wait, I'm dealing with a horrible writer's block :(

The kissing scene is so bad, I'm sorry about that; I wanted to upload as soon 

possible. Hope you enjoy the chapter. Please do comment, upvote, and 

subscribe! Have a great day my lovely readers. Thank you for being patient with me :D

Present time: