Chapter 19

Kidnapped

 

Rachel's POV. ( A/N: If you don't remember her, she's like the "personal assistant" of the Boss of the gang.)

 

 I came back into the office behind the boss after filming that video and watching how that boy received the beating of his life.  But now, the boss was more than just angry, he was furious. The bad thing in this was that every time he got like that, he took out his anger on the furniture, last time we had to change the couch and the desk.

The rest of the guys here would never go near him when he was in that state, so it was like part of my work. I waited for a couple of minutes until he was done with destroying the chairs; when he finally calmed down a little I sarcastically said:

" Could you please take it easy, we can't buy new chairs ever time we feel like it."  

" Don't start with your jokes Rachel, I'm not in the mood for that !"  He replied really angry.

" You're never in the mood for any thing."  I said, he just shoot at me a dead glare, so I had to shut up.

" It's because of that kid, I'm tired of that idol, he has just cause us problems, problems that we don't need !!"  He said.

" Why did you kidnapped him, then?"  I asked.

" To get money, but I'm no willing to stand this any more, if by tomorrow we don't have the money, we'll get rid of him !"  He said completely furious.

" You're gonna let him and his girlfriend go?" I asked still not understanding what he meant.

" No Rachel, we're gonna get rid of him, once and for all." He said, then he turned to one of the guys, which names I didn't bother to learn, and said to him:

" If by tomorrow there's no money, you kill him, and that girl too !!"

That cleared all my doubts, he was serious about it, and that couldn't be good...

" Are you kidding, you can't kill them."  I said a little worried.

" Of course I can, and I will, if they don't pay."  He said.

" But, we, we have never killed any one, we don't hurt them, we're not murderers." I said, afraid this time.

" Things change Rachel, if I don't get money for that boy, I don't want to see his face ever again; and you should know your place, I give the orders, you follow them without a question, ok? Now get out of here !!"

 He didn't need to tell me twice. I got out of the warehouse, and started walking near the shore of the docks.

I was thinking the whole time. He was only giving the singer one day; no one would get 20 million dollars on one day, it wasn't enough time.

 I didn't like it, it wasn't fair, but what was fair in this job?, if you could call it like that. I never though that I would end up in something like this, kidnapping people for money, committing a crime. I knew it was bad, I always knew it wasn't right, but when I started, I was desperate, desperate for money just to fulfill my selfish desires. When I realized where I was, it was too late to go back. Once you started to work for him, you were trapped for the rest of your life.

When this started, the "preys" were average people, as time went by, he started to wish for more, so he changed it to important people, more valuable people. At one time I thought it was ok since we didn't hurt them, yet he became more violet every day, he started beating the hostages, and being more cruel.

That traumatized some of the persons we took, even when they weren't trapped with us, we never heard of them any more. But every time I tried to make him be more kind, he only got worse, so I stopped, and let him do as he pleases, and know it was his turn with that poor boy and the unlucky girl.

They were doomed, he was going to kill them for sure, and no one could save them ... or maybe someone could.

 

I stayed there the whole day, unsure of what to do, but when it started to get dark, I finally put my thoughts in order. I didn't  want to go to prison for murder, at least I was going to be innocent on that.  I hurried back to the warehouse and quickly convinced him on letting me stay as a guard for that night...

" You want to stay on guard?!  Wow, this has never happened before, why now?" He asked suspecting something on my suddenly wish to work.  So I had to give him and excuse that he would believe...

" I have nothing else to do tonight, the drama that I was watching already ended."

" Ok, you're on charge, but call me if something happens." He said and got up from his chair, to get ready to leave. After a few minutes, aside from two guards on the front door, and one on the back, I was the only one in there. So I started to work.

I discretely went out by a window, one that was at 3 meters from the ground, and on one side of the building. With the help of a rope I got down, and then I quickly brought my car close to the window. I went back inside, climbing by the rope, and then I run to the office for the keys to the door of the little room where the singer and his girlfriend where.

A soon as I opened the door, they moved to a corner of the room, him standing in front of her, protecting her. For a moment I thought that it was sweet, why it is so hard to find a gentleman like that in here?? I was brought back into reality when he spoke:

" What do you want?" He said coldly.

" I'm here to help." I said, trying to sound convincing.

" Help?" The girl asked.

" I don't believe you." He said.

" Ok, you don't trust me, but please listen to me, we don't have time, I have to get you two out of here now." I said, a little worried.

" Why should we believe you?" He asked, eyeing me with mixed emotions of hate and distrust.

" Because, he's gonna kill you, and her too, if he doesn't get a payment by tomorrow  you two are dead!! Now, are you coming with me, or you want to wait for your dead here?!"

After hearing that the two of them looked at each other, obviously they still didn't believe me, but they were doubting now. I was loosing time, I had to take them out, so I said:

" Hey, I know that I'm with the dark side in all of this, but I won't be able to live with myself with blood on my hands, so please trust me on this one, and come with me!!"

After looking at me for a second, the girl walked pass him and said:

" Lets go with her."

"But..." She didn't let him finish.

" Taemin, this may be our only change to escape, I don't want to leave you here, come with me please." She begged, and instantly he accepted: he still seemed insecure about it, but it finally move him out of that room.

I lead them to the stairs, and then to the window, once there I showed them where my car was, just a few blocks away. They understand it. One by one we got down, we where now outside, feeling the cold air on our skin.

Part #1 of the plan : Completed.

 

 

Author's POV.

 

After getting out of the warehouse they ran to the car of Rachel, she quickly opened the doors, and Camille got in on the back seat, and Taemin on the front with her driving. Without wasting another second, they speed out of there to the highway.

" Where are we going now?" Taemin asked.

" Hmm, I, I don't know." Rachel answered, with a confused tone on her voice.

" You don't know?!" Camille asked.

" To be honest, I never though I would get this far, but don't worry, I'll think of something." Rachel said.

Taemin and Camille just rolled their eyes, but just when they felt that they were finally safe, a shot was heard, and the back windshield got broken. Camille screamed when some glass fell on her but luckily it didn't hurt her:

" Camille, are you alright ?!" Taemin asked worried and scared.

" Yes, I'm fine." She answered while trembling.

" What was that !?" Taemin asked.

" He found us, I knew it was too good to be truth !!"  Rachel said scared.

" Go faster, you have to loose him !!" Taemin said, hurrying Rachel. She only nodded, to afraid to form words.

The boss had found out about the escape when he returned to the warehouse for some paper he left behind, since it was empty, he knew it was Rachel's fault.  He was on an elegant minivan, following at full speed Rachel's car, he had a helper with him, Jerry,  the one that was shooting.

" I knew something was wrong, she would never offer herself to work, that traitor !!" The boss said really mad.

" Get a little closer boss." Jerry said.

" Don't you dare to give me orders, now shoot them !!!" He yelled.

An dangerous persecution started there, while avoiding the rest of the cars that where on the highway, Rachel tried to go faster, but her car was giving all he could already; on the other side, the boss and Jerry, where getting closer and closer each second. Jerry was still shooting at them, making Camille lay down on the car's floor. Taemin and Rachel would only try to get more into their seats each time a shoot was heard.

After a few more shoots Jerry run out of ammunitions. The boss was not willing to lose in these, so he forced more on his minivan, until he was almost touching Rachel's car. And it did, they started to bump on the car, giving the ones inside it a powerful push.  Everyone was already very scared, Camille was crying and screaming every now and then, and Rachel's hands where clinging so tight around the steering wheel, their where turning white. Taemin was so scared, holding to his seat with one hand and to the door with the other, letting his life in the "hands' of the seatbelt.

But even with the bumping being more constant and with more force every time, they didn't think of slowing down. The boss loose the rest of his patience and he stopped from bumping into them, but he started to go beside them, and then he tried to take them out of the way.

" Aaaah, he's gonna kill us !!" Rachel screamed.

" Go faster !!" Taemin yelled.

" I can't, and don't yell at me !!" Rachel yelled.

" You're the one that's yelling !!" Taemin yelled at her.

" It's because I'm afraid !!" She responded.

" Stop that and get away from them !!" Camille yelled, finally making the other two focus on the way before them.

Suddenly the very expected happened: The boss gave them a another push with his minivan, this one was much more hard, and Rachel loose control of the car. They started doing circles; since they were driving as such a high speed, the breaks didn't respond; but the boss was not satisfied with this.

Ignoring Jerry's pleas to slow down, he speed up and crash into Rachel's car, this cause both vehicles to overturn.  The rest of the cars that where circulating through the highway stopped when they saw this. The boss minivan stopped upright, with the windows all broken, and very damaged, but the two passengers survived. ( A/N: I know they're the bad guys, but I don't like killing people, so, no one dies in this story. ) 

But Rachel's car ended toppled over, Rachel was awake, but very hurt, just like Taemin, the seatbelt had done their job, but Camille wasn't as luckily, since she was lying on the floor to cover from the shooting, she didn't have anything to keep her in place, so when Taemin opened his eyes, he saw her, on the floor/roof of the car she was breathing but she didn't move, and blood was staring to stain one side of her blouse.

" Camille ... Camille ... wake up, Camille ." Taemin said, trying to wake her, but she didn't respond.

With an aching pain on his whole body, he managed to get rid of his seatbelt, falling to the ground with a groan, then he slowly got out of the car by the window. He looked around him, people from other cars where getting out of their cars, or speaking through their cell phones, probably calling the police or an ambulance, then he saw the minivan, Jerry had fainted and the boss looked the same, but they didn't matter now, Camille was the only thing on his mind.

With a stinging pain on his back, or more likely, on his whole body, Taemin took Camille out of the car, being careful of all the dangerous glass around them. He took her by her shoulders, and placer her on his lap, hugging her close to him.

" Camille, wake up, wake up please." He said, but she didn't even move.

Her breathing was slow and steady, but other than that she didn't seem alive. This was like a torture to Taemin, he wanted to see her sparkling eyes, her warm smile, he wanted to hear her voice telling him a sarcastic joke, or calling him " banana freak" in a playful way. But right then, she was asleep, cold, and quiet, it wasn't a good sing.

" Camille, please wake up, please wake up, for me Camille." He said, crying by now.

While Taemin was trying to get Camille back to this world, the boss woke up, he was also hurt, one of his knees was bleeding, even so it didn't matter to him, he wanted to see with his own eyes that the little idol that gave him a hard time was dead. So, he got out of the minivan, and limping he got closer to the car. But when he saw Taemin, crying with Camille in his arms and alive, his eyes got full of hate and anger.

" How ... why ... why are you still alive ?!!" He yelled.

As soon as Taemin heard the voice, his eyes landed directly on him.

" You should be dead, why are you still alive ?!!" He yelled again, clearly he had loose all his sanity.

" Please, leave us alone, please." Taemin begged, he was already to tired to keep with this, he couldn't stand it any more.

" No, I'll leave you alone, when you're five meters below the earth, you have to die !!" The boss said, and then he took out of his coat pocket a gun and pointed at Taemin.

" Please, don't, don't do it !!" Taemin said, fear covering his words.

" Good bye idol."

A shoot was heard, Taemin shut his eyes, but after a while, he didn't felt different, when he opened his eyes, he saw the boss, kneeled on the ground, grabbing his right shoulder with his left hand, blood coming out from there. Then Rachel came from behind the car, and took away the boss' gun, that had fallen to the ground, she was holding another gun, the one that had shoot.

" Are you ok?" She asked.

" Yes, thank you." Taemin responded relieved.

" Rachel, you traitor, why did you helped them escape ?!" The boss yelled. Suddenly, Rachel got near him, and gave him a hard punch on the face, making him black out.

" I've been dying to do that." She said happily. Taemin only half smiled, he was happy that everything was fine now, but worried for Camille.

After a couple of minutes, the police, and an ambulance where on the scene, they took the boss, Jerry, and Rachel to the prison's hospital, and Taemin and Camille to another hospital. Taemin had tried to defend Rachel, but she had accepted her faults, and she knew she had to pay for them.  In the hospital, Camille's family arrived 5 minutes later after the doctors called them. After whole night of check ups, and tests, they informed that Taemin had only suffered minor wounds, just some scratches here and there, Camille was alright beside a broken wrist, a wound on the side of her belly, and some minor bruises, but they said that she haven't waken up because of the shock she received, but they assured that she would be awake in a day or two. 

The rest of the day Taemin spend it resting, looking at Camille, or sleeping when he couldn't take it any more. He had asked the doctor to let him share a room with her, he wanted to be near her when she woke up. But even when Camille didn't woke up on that day, he received a wonderful surprise by the end of the day. He was sleeping, when he heard some familiar voices, though they where familiar, he haven't heard them in a while. Then, the sound of the door opening, and some sighs, and suppressed screams where heard, also some giggling, and his nicknames being repeated over and over again.

Who wouldn't wake up with so much noise? He opened his eyes to see his hyungs standing before him, he didn't believed it and he tried to get up, but Key stopped him.

" No, Taemin, don't force yourself up, you have to rest." But as he tried to get Taemin back to the bed, he was trapped in a bear hug.

" KEY HYUNG!!!" Taemin yelled, full of happiness and crying tears of joy. Key couldn't hold it in and he started crying to, soon it became a group hug, and after that Taemin hugged each of them again.

He hadn't been that happy in a long while, it was great to have his hyungs there with him again. After hugging, crying , and showing how happy they where, they calmed down. They manage to sit all of them on the bed with Taemin, Key and Minho on each side of him, and Jonghyun and Onew in front of him.

" I'm so happy to have you hyungs back." Taemin said while hugging Key closer.

" We're also very happy Taemin, we have miss you so much." Key said.

" And we're happy that you're fine." Onew said while stretching to ruffle the maknae's hair, making Taemin smile.

" We looked everywhere for you, but we never thought that you where on America." Minho said.

" I know, it was an huge surprise for me when I found it out too." Taemin said.

" Taemin, please forgive us, forgive me, we're supposed to look after you, but still, this happened." Jonghyun said sadly.

" No, hyung, it wasn't your fault, no one's to blame, that man was crazy, it wasn't anyone's fault." Taemin said. He knew his hyung will probably never forget this, not that he will, but he didn't want them to feel guilty.

" Lets just forget about all this, let pretend it never happened, we have to get over it, it's already in the past, there's no point in worrying about it anymore, it's easier this way." Taemin said.

The hyungs of SHINee where surprised by their maknae's answer, he sound so mature now, and he was, after and experience like this everyone changes, and Taemin did it for the better. Another hour passed, and they keep talking about all that had happened, Taemin told them about Camille, how she had helped him when he needed it the most, and about her current condition.

" The doctor said that she may wake up by tomorrow, she was very afraid so she entered in shock, I want her to wake up, and see for myself if she's alright." Taemin explained without looking away from Camille, and his hyungs notice that instantly.  

They excused themselves for a while, to let Taemin rest. They went to the hospital's cafeteria, and started talking about it:

" He likes her, it's obvious." Key said.

" She was his only friend here, of course he likes her." Minho said, not getting everything.

" The thing is that he likes her more than just a friend." Onew said.

" Do you think this would be a problem?" Jonghyun asked.

" It's not a problem, but Taemin could end up hurt." Key said.

" He had experience so much already, I don't think he could handle more." Jonghyun said, worried.

" So, what do we do now?" Minho asked finally understanding things.

" Well, his not a kid any more,  it's his decision, we have to be ready for whatever he decides." Onew said.

They ended the talk like that, and they all returned to Taemin's room, but it was full of people when they got back. Soon they understand everything, specially, when they saw Taemin taking out the air of Camille in a big bear hug. She was awake now, and by the look on Taemin's face, and his big smile, he was more than happy. Her family was in the room to, and soon everyone was introducing with each other. SHINee make their famous introduction, and after a while of talking and laughing, Camille's family had to go, and only SHINee stayed.

" Ok, so ... the tall one is Minho." Camille said, she was trying to tell them apart, since she had only seen them in photos, in real person they looked different, more handsome and more awesome. ( A/N: That's how I think they might look in real life xD !!!!! ) 

 

" Key is the blond one, Onew is the leader with small eyes, and Jonghyun is the smaller one, right?" She said.

" You had to say that I'm the little one ?!" Jonghyun said a little mad. The rest of the group just laughed while Camille didn't understand what  have been so funny.

" All of you know English very well, where did you learned it ?" Camille asked.

" Oh, our manager force us to learn it." Key said.

" Hey, where's manager hyung?" Taemin asked confused.

" When the police call us to say that they had find you, we kinda run to the airport and took the first flight to N.Y.C. we didn't wait for him." Minho said.

" He's probably in a plane right now." Onew said. They all laughed again, but suddenly Camille asked:

" Could I ask you a favor guys?"

" Sure, what is it ?" Taemin said.

" Sing a song, even if I don't get anything, I wanna hear you singing." She said.

" Really ?" Taemin asked.

" Yes, not every day I have foreign singers in front of me, I can't miss this chance." She said cutely, or at least that was the impression Taemin got. 

So the rest of the day passed full of songs, and laugher, enjoying the time with each other.  

Finally Safe.  

 

 

 

 

 

I updated, finally!!!!! So, I'm sad to say this, but the next chapter is the last one sad, I know that it's a short story, but don't worry soon I'll start writting another one, I hope you will read it.

Comment if you're happy :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!