Chapter 8

Kidnapped

Taemin's POV.

 

 

This day I woke up to a delicious smell. If my sense of smell wasn't failing me, and it never does, it was bacon with eggs and some coffee. I know it was just a normal American breakfast but I was starving, at the moment anything would have been delicious. I sat up on the couch and took a look on my surroundings, it wasn't my dorm, it wasn't my room. I got a little confuse, until I saw a little girl coming out from the aisle. Just as she saw me, a smile formed on her lips. Slowly everything came back, all the memories from the day before, all me and Camille pass by. It came back clearly when I tried to stand up, my legs hurt very much, and my back was killing me, I felt like an old man, I was never going to run again in my life. I force me to stand up but I couldn't hold the grump that came out.

" Someone's tried?" Camille said smiling at me.

" You're not?" I asked her. She didn't look tried at all, her face looked very bright and fresh.

" Of course I am, I barely get up from bed."  

" It doesn't look like it."

" Did you know that makeup can make miracles?" She said. I agreed with her, makeup is very helpful sometimes.

" So, what are we going to do today?" I asked her.

Because of the ' little ' lie she told her parents yesterday, I was supposed to go to ' my own apartment ' today, the problem was that I didn't have an apartment of my own, and no other place to go to. 

" Don't worry about that, I have everything under control." She said giving me a thumbs up.

" Really?"

" Yes, just leave the worries to me, now, go make yourself more presentable." She said, and then she guide me to the bathroom.

I decided to trust her, and started washing my face and my teeth. I had to wash them with my fingers cause I didn't have a tooth brush. I also made my hair look as good as it can with my hands. When I thought I looked well enough I got out of the bathroom just to hear Camille's mom voice calling me:

" Taemin, come to the kitchen, breakfast is ready."

I did as I was told. When I entered the kitchen Camille's mom receive with a smile that looked just like the one Camille always have on her face, but Camille's dad just looked at me with cold eyes.

" Did you sleep well Taemin?" Camille's mom asked.

" Yes, thank you for letting me stay here."

" You're welcome, now eat your breakfast before it gets cold." She said as she pass me a plate.

I went to sit with Camille at the kitchen bar. I eat slowly, I couldn't help but feel out of place, it was weird to have breakfast with some other people than my hyungs. 

As soon as I took the last drink of my coffee, Camille put my plate and hers on the sink and then she took my hand and drag me to the front door, before she came out she yelled:

" We're going to hang out for a while, bye."

I could barely hear her mom saying something like ' have fun ' cause we were already near the elevator. We went down to the lobby, and before going out she suddenly put a  blue cap on my head and a pair of big, black sunglasses. She put a black beret on her head, and another pair of sunglasses.

" When did you get this?" I asked her because she just suddenly bring them out from nowhere.

" I pick them before we got out from the apartment."

" You're a ninja?"

" No, but we're gonna act like one, this will serve as a disguise, I don't want those guys from yesterday following us again." She said as she arrange her beret while looking at her reflection on the entrance door. 

" So, where are we going to?"

" To the police station, I know you didn't found anything about your disappearance last night, but maybe the police will found something, they always have more information."

" Ok, we will take a cab, right?" I asked. I wasn't going to walk, we would get discovered, and my leg still hurt.

" Of course." 

We get out from the building and Camille quickly pick a cab. The ride to the police station was quite, I couldn't stop thinking about what will I say to prove the police that I was lost, and I really hope they could give some information about whatever had happened to me. Camille was obviously scared, she keep looking out the window, staring at every man that looked suspicious. I felt so sorry for her, I didn't want to involved her in something like this, but it was too late to change things. After 15 minutes we arrived at the police station. We went inside and Camille used her amazing acting skills to convince a secretary to let us see the person on charge of 'Missing People' or something like that.       [A/N: I don't really know how all of the police-thing works, aside from the things I'd learned on movies, but this is just a story, use your imagination, :) ]

The secretary led us to an office, where a man was talking, or more like yelling to whoever he was speaking to. His face looked really mad, and the wrinkles on his forehead tell he lived under too much stress. As soon as he saw us standing on the door, he calmed himself and hang up the phone. He looked at us from head to toe, and then he asked the secretary:

" So, what's the problem?"

" These young persons insisted that they have to talk with you sir, about the disappearance of someone." Answer the secretary.

" Ok, I'll talk with them, take a sit." He said while pointing two chairs in front of his desk. The secretary leave as soon as he accepted to talk to us. We took the seats and instantly the man asked us:

" Well, you are looking for someone, who can this person be?"

I eyed Camille, trying to tell her that she should speak, but she was doing the same to me. We were both very nervous, and we didn't know how to start talking. 

" So, I don't have time to loose kids, you're gonna tell me what's wrong or not?" Say the detective. I looked again at Camille and she sighted, I won the sight fight!

" Sir, we, ... hmm, well, my friend here is lost." Camille say. 

" You don't know your way home?" He said while looking at me like if I was a five year old.

" I know it, but it's more complicated than that." I said a little mad.

" Let me explain everything to you." Camille say.

She told him the whole story, trying not to make it sound crazy, but the look on the man's face when Camille ended the explanation was of disbelief.

" Ok, so, you're telling me, he is a famous Korean singer,and suddenly, somehow he wake up here, on a bench.?" He asked.

" Yes, just like that." Camille say

" And you don't remember how did you get here, or why this other people are following you, right?" He asked me.

" Yes, I don't know."

" Ok guys, I think you've been parting so much you're starting to imagine things."

" What?!, no it's true." I said.

" It's ridiculous."

" Could you at least try to check if there's something about a Korean singer being lost?" Camille asked, or more likely beg.

" Hmm, ... ok, but I still think this doesn't make sense." He said. He started looking through some documents on his computer. After a while of checking he sighted very loudly.

" Ok kids, I found nothing about a lost singer, sorry, but there ain't a thing." He said as he got up from his big chair.

" But, there has to be something."  I said, unwilling to belied what he just said.

" Sorry kid, there's nothing." 

He was about to get out from the office when we returned.

" Oh, and the thing with the guys that assault you, you can fill a report on the first office, have a good day." He said and left the room.

I was completely shocked by this. Not even the police knew I was lost. No one had bother to report me. Weren't they worried about me? How could they just ignore something like this?

" I can't belief this." I said coldly.

" I'm sure there must be a reason for this Taemin, we'll have to wait." Said Camille.

" They think I went away by myself? Why aren't they trying to find me?"

" I'm sure their trying, maybe the are facing problems too."

" Lets just go." I said. 

We went back to the street, but Camille didn't have enough money for a cab, so we took the subway. We were on the station waiting for it, with many other people around us. My fell on a group of friends that were going upstairs, it remind me of my hungs and I. I couldn't stop wondering why have they reported me? But I was also fearing for them, maybe they were in the same situation I was in, or maybe they were on a worse situation. I had never been so worried on my life, and it didn't feel good.

" Taemin, it's ok, even if the police can't help us, we will find a way to get you back." Camille suddenly say, I guess she saw 'worry' all written on my face.

" I know, sorry."

" It's ok, now, think of another way to contact your friends on Korea." 

Just as she said that, the subway arrived. When It stopped, we got in and took a seat on one corner. The doors closed and the subway started its way. I was thinking of a way to make a call to Korea or something like that, when suddenly Camille grab my hand really tight.

"What's wrong?!" I asked surprised.

" Look to your left, on the last seat." She said, but in a very low whisper.

I looked to the seat she had mentioned and  there he was, one of the bad guys from yesterday.

" It's one of the guys that followed us." Camille say with fear on her voice.

" Not again." Was all I could say.

 

 

 

 

Well, I finally updated. Enjoy it!laugh

Feel free to comment x)

 

 

.