Chapter 6

Kidnapped

Camille's POV.

 

 

I felt shivers on my back when I hear that man's voice. He wasn't the same from before but he also had a gun pointing at us. I was really scared and I could see Taemin felt the same way, this was as new for me as for him. But even if I was scared to death, I knew we had to escape, and the only way that I found at the moment was this:

We were still behind the trash container, and as the man started to get closer I yelled at Taemin:

"Help me!!"

He didn't answer but as soon as he notice I was pushing the trash container towards the man he started helping. When the bad guy saw this he shot a couple of times, but it was too late, we push him to the wall that was behind him, the container blocking his arms and legs. He get a little shock because of the incredible force we had when pushing him, I guess our adrenaline help a lot. 

"Come on, we have to go." I said at Taemin, he just nodded at me.

We didn't get back on the street cause the rest of the enemies might be there, so we run by many alleys until I thought we were far enough away, then we went to street.

"Where do we go now?" Asked Taemin as he looked at both sides of him.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure."

"You now where we are, right?" He asked. Honestly I didn't know where I was, NY is a big city and I only had 5 living there, I didn't know it that well.

"Yeah, of-of course I know, it's just that, things seems different after running on the alleys." I said while looking around me. I think that make obvious how lost I was.

"We are lost?"

"Yeah."  I said simply, I was going to admit it sooner or later.

We stayed there looking from right to left, when we suddenly catch glimpse of a man on our left side. He was one of the men that were following us, the third one.

"Oh no." Said Taemin. I could feel he was getting tired of this, so was I, but they were dangerous people, and we couldn't let them see us.

"Lets go, or they will catch us." 

Since he was far away from us we started walking between the millions of people on the streets, hoping he would not notice us. But we were wrong; just as I turned my head back to check on him, he saw me and stated walking faster, avoiding to crash into someone.

"He saw us." I said to Taemin.

"I know, we have to hide."

We keep walking, trying to look normal, but then in front of us I saw the sing of " The Rose Hotel" [A/N: I'm not sure if somewhere exist an hotel with this same name, if that's the case I'm not trying to steal the name, I'm just doing this cause I couldn't figure out another name for an hotel.]

I didn't know what I was doing, but I had the feeling we could loose the bag guy in there. So, I grab Taemin's hand and start running to the hotel, I get to see over my shoulder that when we started running the guy did the same.

"Camille, where are we going?" He asked very confused.

"Just follow me."

And he did. We keep running, even when we entered the hotel, we passed the reception, and some small livings. We went straight to the elevators. Taemin push the 'up' bottom many times, but the elevator didn't come down.

 "Let's use the stairs." He said, as he drag me to the stairs.

We run upstairs until the seventh floor, until we were out of breath, we stop on an aisle to calm ourselves.

"You are ok?" I asked him.

"Yes, I feel like I've dance for hours." 

"And I feel like I need to do more exercise, I have never run so much." I said out of breath. He just smile at my comment.

"You think we loose him?" He asked.

"I hope so, lets just stay here for a while, just to be sure."

He nodded. We started walking in the aisles, when we pass by a  window that let see a little living room on the sixth floor, and there he was, the bad guy, he was still after us, and it seemed we had no luck cause he saw us, and instantly, he run to the stairs.

"Me and my bad luck." I said in annoyance.

"We have to get out of here." Said Taemin as he started looking for a way to escape, but suddenly he stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked him a little confuse. He just pointed at a small cart of service that was outside of a room. We looked at each other and smiled, we had the same crazy idea that will help us get rid of the bad guy.

So, when the man was already on the same floor as us, he started looking around. When he turn on a corner, we push the cart at him, making him loose balance and throwing his gun on the laundry duct that was behind him. He felt unconscious to the floor.

" It really worked!" I said surprised.

"Of course it worked, I planned it after all."

" Yeah ' Mr. Genius', lets go now."

We walk to the elevator again, but just as the doors open, we heard a yell, it was the man again. I was getting really tiered of him.

"Get back here, now!!!"  He said very angry, while walking to us, although he was limping a little. We only had one option left:

"Stairs!!" We said in unison. We run to the closers stairs, and started going down, but the man apparently forgot his hurt leg and started running after us.

"Stop now!!!" He yelled at us as he started running faster.

"He gonna catch us!!" I said very afraid.

"Keep running." Said Taemin.

We did that, and the fact that  the stair was in snail form didn't help much, it was starting to get me dizzy. But when we get to the second floor, a bunch of waiters and waitress with service carts meet us at the end of the stair, me and Taemin barely avoided them, but the bad guy didn't have the same luck. He crashed onto another cart of service, and hit many others. I could help but smile at the sight.

" Well, he didn't catch us." Said Taemin with a relaxed look on his face.

" He didn't, ... I wanna go home."

This time we took an elevator, even if it was just one floor left. When we were out of the hotel there wasn't sing of the rest of the bad guys, but I insisted to take a cab back home, I feel safer that way, and I was still lost, so I trusted the driver to take us back to the right direction. While we were in the cab the sun was already going down, it wasn't very late yet, but with so many buildings it seems like it goes down earlier; I notice that Taemin was looking at the window, like trying to accept that he has not in his own town anymore, he looked sad.

"Are you ok?" Was all I manage to ask.

" Yes, I'm fine."

"Don't worry, we'll get you back to Korea, or China, or wherever you come from." I said, trying to make him feel better.

"Thank you, sorry to bother you with this."

"It's ok, as soon as get to my house I'll get something to eat, and to calm my nerves." I said. I was still a little shocked by all the things that I have pass through. 

"I'm sorry for getting you involve, I'm not even sure what I have to do in all of this, but sorry." 

"It's not your fault, don't worry about it." I said, He just smiled at me.

"Well, what do you want to eat when we get home?"

"Me?" He asked very surprised.

"Yes, you, what do you want to eat Taemin?, I'm sure you must be hungry."

"You're gonna let me stay in your house?" He asked, more surprised this time.

" Of course, I'm not gonna let you in the streets with those bad guys after you, I'll felt too guilty if something happens to you." I said. I was saying the truth, I was starting to worry about him.

"Camille, thank you!!" He said and then he hug me really tight. I guess he thought I was going to let him outside, but no, I'm not that heartless, and somehow I wanted to know him more, after all I kinda owned him my life.

 

 

 

 

This is it. I know it's long and a little boring, but it's part of the story. 

I'm trying to post more often, but its hard to do it when I can't decide what should I write. I'll try harder.

Feel free to comment :)