Chapter 18

Kidnapped

 

Taemin's POV.

 

After a cold and sleepless night we where still trapped in the small room on the back of the warehouse. The camera was filming our every movement, and with so many big guys on the other side of the locked door, escaping was impossible. We where really hungry, they haven't feed us anything, just water and some old bubble gum, not that you could really eat it, but it was better than nothing.

Camille haven't say much since our "little moment" the day before, she haven't really look at me at all. I was starting to think that maybe I rushed things a little, or maybe I did it on the wrong time, I didn't even knew what to think anymore. But even in all my confusion I was really happy that it happened. I started remembering it again and I bet a light shade of pink appeared on my face, but it turned red when I heard Camille's voice saying my name:

"Taemin, do you think they will keep their word on letting us return home safely?"  She asked, looking at a wall and not at me.

" I don't know, I hope so."  I said, and I couldn't have been more honest.

" I don't trust them." She said.

" Don't worry Camille, I'll get us out of here safely."  I tried to assure her; but then she asked:

" How?"

" That's the hardest part of the plan."  I answered a little ashamed.

" Then lets resolve it together." She said finally looking at me with one of her pretty smiles on her face, and as always, I couldn't help but smile back at her.

 

Meanwhile in Korea... (A/N: I don't know how things in S.M.E. are arranged but this is how I imagine it, lets use our imagination ;D.)

 

Minho's POV.

After a serious talk in our dorm, we all followed Onew hyung to S.M.E. building. He was sure that if the company haven't let us look for Taemin, they must knew something about him, something that maybe could lead us to who ever kidnapped him. S.M.E. would never give up on one of their employees like that, so that meant they indeed knew something.

So our plan right then was: Storm into the building, hack a computer, and in case everything went well, go to Taemin's rescue.  

So just like ninjas we entered by the back door, thank God it was the guard's day off. We went up to the 10 floor and we sneaked into our manager's office. We decided to hack his computer to check if he was hiding something from us, and it was easier that trying with one of the upper bosses. As soon as everyone was inside, I closed the door quietly.

" Since when do we have forbidden the enter to our workplace?"  Asked Key hyung.

"We don't." Answered Onew hyung as he walked to the desk where the computer was.

" Then what was all the 'ninja show' for?" Key hyung asked more confused than before.

"Just in case." Said Jonghyun hyung following Onew hyung to the computer; I couldn't see it but I bet Key hyung rolled his eyes at the older members.

After that we started checking everything about our maknae. We checked all the information about Taemin that the company had or all we could find about him, but there was no clue about his current location.  We then checked his schedule, it was almost the same as ours, but instead of the CF premiere we all had, Taemin's schedule said: " Suspended Until Further Notice"

" Why does it ends like that?" I asked.

" Who knows, they even canceled his activities of the rest of the year." Jonghyun hyung said.

" They probably wrote that after he was kidnapped and we started our "rest".  " Said Key hyung.

" So we didn't find anything." Said Jonhyun hyung with a mad and disappointed tone.

He was right all our plan was for nothing, or that's what I thought until Onew hyung said:

" What's the date of that update?"

Jonghyun hyung quickly opened another page on the screen and he read the date:

" September 27."  

" That was 5 days before Taemin was kidnapped." Onew hyung said.

" But ... why did manager hyung canceled all his schedule 5 days before he was gone?" Key hyung asked.

" Did he already knew this was going to happen to Tae?" I asked confused.

" He planned this, it was manager hyung." Jonghyun hyung said very angry.  

 

But why?, why would manager hyung kidnap Taemin? I was so confused, I didn't knew what to think, manager hyung was like an older brother for us, and we knew him, he wouldn't do such a thing to us, and less to Taemin. And right then he entered  to the office.

" What are you guys doing here?" He asked, but we just looked at him.

" You should be on your dorm, go back now." He said, but this time, Jonghyun walked to him, and in a matter of second his fist landed on manager's hyung face very hard. Manager hyung fell to floor, touching his nose, and we all got closer to the main singer trying to stop him, but it was too late. He lifted manager hyung from the floor and gave him another blow. This time after manager hyung fell he yelled very angry:

" What are you doing Jonghyun!!!"

" It's for Taemin, how could you do that to him!!" Answered Jonghyun hyung with the same angry tone.

" Taemin?" Manager hyung asked confused.

" Stop hiding things from us hyung, tell us the truth, please." Onew hyung interrupted with his leader voice while putting a hand on Jonghyun's hyung shoulder to calm him down.

After that, I guess manager hyung saw that he would never be able to win at this, not with Onew hyung on "leader-mode" and Jonghyun hyung threatening another punch, so he finally surrendered.

Key hyung and me helped him up, and he sat down on a chair looking at the floor, to afraid to look at our older members, after a while he spoke:

" Neither, S.M.E. or me kidnapped Taemin, he was the target of someone else."

We all listened attentively to every thing he said. He explained us that there was this "gang" of bad persons that had been kidnapping people -valuable people-  to gain money, on the wrong way of course.

This gang always kidnapped someone, they asked for money and as soon as it was paid the hostage was returned safely to his family and friends. It was always that routine, and always in the time of 3 to 5 days.

But Taemin had been gone for almost 2 weeks, so that must meant that something went wrong. Manager hyung said that S.M.E. was waiting for the reward to be revealed so that they could pay it, but nothing came. It didn't have sense, the gang was known for always following the routine strictly, so the police,( that have keep everything in complete secret ) where starting to think that maybe Taemin was a lost case. They where still trying to track down the gang, but they have lost hope on finding Taemin alive.

" The last days I've been trying to convince the police to treat this as a kidnapping case and not just as the search for a criminal, but they just say that they're still investigating." Manager hyung said.

" How can they think Taemin is dead, he's not, he's alive I'm sure of that; they have to keep looking for him." Key hyung said with tears on his eyes.

" The gang ask for money only if they have the hostage, they haven't ask anything for Taemin." Manager hyung said.

" But he's not dead, he can't; you said it your self hyung, the gang never killed anyone, Taemin is still alive." I said with a sad tone on my voice.

" I also want to believe he's still alive Minho, but they haven't contact anyone, and no one knows how to contact them." Manager hyung said.

Hearing the truth had never felt so bad. He was right, maybe we where late, maybe Taemin was no longer in this world. I felt like I was about to cry, Key hyung was already ahead of me, Jonghyun hyung only looked at the floor, his bangs covering his eyes, and Onew hyung was just sitting there barely moving, when suddenly he lifted his head and looked at the computer, after watching it for a minute his eyes grew big and he said:

" We can contact them, they send us a mail."

" What ... when?!" Manager hyung asked, but no one answered him.

" The remitter mail has to be there, check it." I said.

 Key hyung ran to the computer and quickly he checked our private mail, but after a glance at the screen he looked at us, then he said:

" There's a new mail from them."  

We all went to see the mail, when Key hyung opened it it was a live video. We looked at each other then at manager hyung, he just nodded his head. Key hyung took a big breath at then click "play". It started with a black imagine, but then a light came on, and on the video Taemin and a girl appeared seated on the floor of a small, dark room, with their hands tied behind their backs, and a gag on their mouths; behind them where standing too big guys but their faces where fuzzy. Then an altered voice was heard saying in English and with a mocking tone:

 " Say hi to your friends idol, you're live."

At that Taemin's eyes went instantly to the camera. Even when the quality was bad, the tears in Taemin's eyes where visible,  the look on his eyes was full of happiness, and hope, but there was fear, lots of fear; it was like he was begging us with his eyes to go and rescue him.

The tears that I have been keeping in finally got out, just as my hyungs, even manager hyung looked like he was about to cry as well. But even when we where seeing him like that, I was happy to see him alive, he was still alive, we weren't late, we still had a chance, suddenly that mocking voice came again:

" Aww, how sweet are this moments right? Ok lets go to the point, if you want the pretty boy back home you have to pay for him 20 million dollars.    If you don't pay the said amount by Friday, say bye to your little singer."

When who ever was talking said the amount, my mouth fell open, 20 million dollars was too much money. The look on Taemin's face changed when the "voice" said the amount, suddenly his face only reflected anger, something I wasn't used to see in him. Then he started to fight with his gag and after a few second he got rid of it, and instantly he got up and said:

" Don't do it hyungs, don't pay them anything!!" As soon as they saw him, one of the guys at the back went to him and he tried to sit him down again, but Taemin was refusing with all his strength, as he keep repeating the same:

" Don't pay them, do not pay them, their just a bunch of fools, don't give anything to them!!" The man got tired of fighting with him and he suddenly hit him hard on his stomach, we all felt the pain with him while Jonghyun hyung started to say the bad words he keep repeating since all this started.

Taemin fell to the floor on his knees, but as stubborn as he always is he keep repeating to us not to pay them anything and trying to get up again, and at every try the man would give him another punch, or a kick. The girl that was beside him started crying and trying to get the man off Taemin but he just keep pushing her away. Then the voice came out again:

" You better pay everything, now that you know what we could do to him."

 Just before the video ended, Taemin screamed again: " Don't pay them anything!!!" And after that a punch was heard and then the voice of the girl screaming Taemin's name again and again.

 We didn't said anything, Key hyung was crying loudly, Onew hyung too but more quietly, Jonghyun hyung started passing on the office kicking things and letting out his anger, manager hyung was looking at the floor, and me spilling tears without a sound, just thinking on the awful video we just saw.

 Taemin was in danger, in so much danger, being beaten merciless; but even when the big guy was attacking him he was only worried for us. I had never seen that side of Taemin, the side that was ready to risk his life for the sake of others.

But right know who was important was him we have to save him, with money or without it.

 

 

 

 

Hey, I finally updated!!!   Sorry for not doing it sooner, it's just that I've been very busy with school, home, helping my cousin on her baby shower, and doing lots of things. So I got to say that this fic is about to be over, maybe just two other chapter and that's all. I hope that everyone liked this update and leave a comment if you want to :D!!!