CHAPTER 34 (Part 1)- LOVE DOES NOT FEAR

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 34 (Part 1)- LOVE DOES NOT FEAR

2 MONTHS LATER

IRENE'S POV

    I walked to a coffee shop before heading to the hospital for my duty. I just came from the final practice of my wedding and was a bit exhausted from walking back and forth the aisle and all the other things regarding the wedding rites.

    I went to the counter and ordered a cafe latte. A pregnant woman stood next to me and I moved aside so she could order. I took my phone to check if I received any messages when I heard a familiar voice say my name.

    "Irene? Is that you, Irene Bae?" I looked to the pregnant woman beside me only to find out it was Kim Hyuna.

    "Hyuna! Oh my. Sorry I didn't recognize you." We were interrupted when our orders came. We both took it and I invited her to sit with me.

    "My gosh, you're pregnant. I heard from Seokjin about you getting married. This is your first, right?" I asked her, truly happy for her.

    "Uhmm, nae," she said smiling, while holding her tummy. She looked at me and held my hand. "Irene, about what happened eight years ago, I'm very sorry."

    "Aniyo, gwaenchanayo. That was so long ago and besides I'm already getting married on December 4."

    "With Jin? Oh my, it's on his birthday and he never told me. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you." Her face was so bright, confusing the man that I will marry to be Seokjin.

    "Aniyo, Hyuna. It's not him. It's someone else." I looked at my coffee and stirred it. I guess she noticed how my expression changed. She took my hand and made me look at her.

    "I thought it's Jin whom you loved. Eight years ago, when you left, we had a fight because he found out about me and Chansung. I was so sorry to him. He was so devastated. Finding out I lied to him and you also left. If I could turn back time, I would go back to eight years ago and let him be with you. He loves you so much, Irene. Don't you love him anymore? Because from what I can see in you, saying that you are marrying someone else and not Jin, you don't seem to be sure about your decision." I stared at her and saw a changed Hyuna. She not the same Hyuna I met before. No wonder she is Seokjin's bestfriend. 

    "Kris is my bestfriend. I don't want to hurt him," I simply said.

    "Jin didn't want to hurt me eight years ago, that was why he kept denying his feelings for you so that he won't hurt me but I know. I can feel it. Irene, even when you try your best to hide them, you will end up hurting Kris too. I know you love Jin and you also love Kris but the love you can give to Kris is so different from the love you are willing to give to Jin. And when that time comes, you will still be hurting Kris and both of you will be imprisoned in your marriage. Irene, I'm giving this advice to you as Jin's bestfriend and someone who also wants to be your friend. Turn back while you can and choose the one that will make you happy. Truly happy." She suddenly stood up. "Oh, my husband is here. It was nice meeting you again Irene. I hope whatever I said will help you. I made the two of you suffer for eight years by separating you. I hope that you change your mind and be brave enough to choose him. Choose wisely and when we meet again, I hope you have already found your happy ending." She said goodbye and I waved at her. I remained seated there thinking about the words she said. My happy ever after, it is with him but that also means hurting Kris. It is so hard to choose, pain was just around the corner, no escape in any choice I make but then still, I was bound to choose anyway.

HOSEOK'S POV

    December 3, the day of our comeback. We were backstage fixing our microphones. One of the PD's voices came echoing signaling the start of our showcase. "Ok boys, show starts in three, two, one!" The platform we were standing on moved upwards and we jumped to the stage singing to War of Hormones. The crowd went wild, the fan's screams echoed in my ears but the one person I want to hear that time was Seulgi. My eyes scanned for her and saw her seated together with Wendy and Joy, clapping and singing along. Our eyes met for a moment and she sent a flying kiss to me which I gladly caught. 

    A few more songs and we came to a pause with an interview portion. We answered different question regarding the new album and Changmin-sunbaenim came to the part of our main single, Back to Me.

    "So, wow, Hoseok-ah, I was surprised that you were the one who wrote Back to Me! I didn't know you can be that sentimental. And wow! You even got Elizabeth Kang to design your clothes for this comeback!" Changmin sunbaenim said, gesturing his hand toward Seulgi who was seated at one of the VIP seats. The camera zoomed in on her and she gave one embarrassed smile while waving at the camera. "Is that one of her creations?" he asked pointing at the clothes the boys and I are wearing.

    "Yes, Seulgi made them," Namjoon said.

    "Wow! You must be close with her to be calling her by her real name," Sunbae mused. We all nodded and laughed, stating that we went to the same school before. "That is one interesting fact there! Right everyone?" He faced the audience for reaction. The hall was filled 'Yes' from fans. "I'd be glad, if you can design for us, 2AM, one day, Ms. Kang." Seulgi answered him a yes from downstage and Changmin was satisfied. "So now, going back to your new single, can you please tell us the story behind it?"

    "I believe the one who made the lyrics should give the background?" Jin said through the microphone, and then gave it to me. I cleared my throat and started speaking. "Good evening everyone! I'm so happy all of you took the time to come here and watch our showcase. Is everyone enjoying?!" He faced the microphone to the audience and they all screamed a Yes! He looked at me and winked.

    "I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying." I changed to a more serious tone now as I started explaining the concept the song. "Our comeback single, Back to Me was written by me eight years ago."

    "Oh, really? Why only reveal it now?" Changmin-sunbae sounded amused, finding out how long the song was already made but just released now.

    "I kep it so long until they found it out, " I said referring to the boys. "They decide to give it to President Bang and make it the title song of this album. "It was asong I wrote after my girlfriend left me to study abroad. I was hurt but I want her back, so I wrote this song, but never had the courage to release it." I heard murmurs from the crowd, surprised by the news. "I don't blame her though because I was the first one to leave her so I can debut. But I always longed for her, loved her. This song was a song I made for her and it really did serve its purpose because she did come back to me." I looked at her direction and said, "Kang Seulgi, thank you. Saranghae." The audience were surprised. Even Sunbae was surprised. The camera focused on Seulgi, who turned a shade of reddish pink, getting so shy from all the attention given to her.  The first beats of the song started and Changmin-sunbaenim announced. "And now everyone, Bangtan Boys' Back to Me."

    We sang the song and every each of our fans raised their light sticks and swayed them together with the melody of the song. I was so happy that even with the change of our concept, they seemed to have taken it well.

        Jimin and Suga went down the stage and ushered Seulgi to the stage. She declined at first but was persuaded in the end. I went to take her hand as she walked on stage.

Because you are my soul
The one who makes me whole
So won't you please
Come back, back to me.

The touch of your hand
The sound of your voice
So Won't you please
Come back, back to me.

    We were staring at each other eye to eye, with me holding her hand, as the song ended. The audience gasped at the sight.  "Hoseok-ah, your fans, they might," Seulgi said, probably worried of our fans' outrage.

    "Aniyo. Gwaenchana. Our fans are supportive of us of whoever we love, right?" I faced the fans, smiling. Everyone shouted a Yes. "You see?"

    Jaekyung-noona got out from backstage and delivered to me a small box. "You really look good in that necklace, Seulgi-ssi. I helped Hoseok pick that. He was really whiny asking for my help to buy you that. But you'll look way better if you," I cut her off.

    "Noona, don't be a spoilsport." I pouted cutely at her. 

    "Oh!" She covered with her hands. "Mianhaeyo! I'm going backstage. Good luck, Hobi!" She ran back. Seulgi smiled at the sight. I know I was starting toget red in the ears. My heart pounded hard against my chest.

    "Seulgi-yah, it has been more than eleven years since I met you and fell in love with you. It never changed, even when we had to break up twice. Thank you for coming back to me, for opening my heart once again. Like I said you hold the key to my heart." I held the necklace. "When I gave you this necklace, I promised you that, one day I'll get you a ring." I saw her eyes are starting to get teary. I continued, "Because I know,deep inside, you are my forever. I know you proposed to me first but right now, with the ring I promised eight years ago, Elizabeth Kang, Kang Seulgi, will you marry me?" I knelt down and opened the box I held. The diamond ring glinted beautifully inside. Tears fell from Seulgi's eyes but she was smiling. She bent down and kissed me.

    "Of course, Hoseok-ah. You know my answer. It will always be a yes." She smiled at me and offered her hand for me to place the ring. The crowd cheered at the sight of us. I stood up and hugged Seulgi. The members pat my back and said their congratulations to both of us.  We both looked in each others eyes happily. At last, after eleven years she will finally be mine.

 

 

*********

 

Okay everyone, here is Part 1 of Chapter 34. I am still in the finishing touches of the ending. I'm taking my time in writing it. I'm still not ready to end it though because I got so attached to this story, it hurts. But I have to. ****sighs****.

 

On a lighter note,  how can I be so stupid not to realize that the rap part before Joy in Ice Cream Cake was Irene's voice?! ***kneels down before Irene and says sorry 1 million times***. My ultimate bias in RV, how come did I not recognize you voice? But, she slayed it! She sounded so good, it's soooo addictive. She actually sounded a bit like Amber, on the more feminine side though. But she slayed it! Well done Baechu!

 

Don't forget to comment on this chapter. 

 

Love lots,

 

satisakro_chi