Chapter 1- I Didn't Mean to Bump Into You

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

IRENE'S POV

 Hi there, I'm Irene Bae or Bae Joo Hyun in Korean. A regular second year student in Seoul University. Well, not really regular. I'm the top student of my batch in those who Major in Biology. Well, what do you expect, I'm the daughter of Bae Jin Hyuk and Park Hye Soo, two well known doctors in the whole of South Korea. But, regardless of that, I'm a wallpaper, so I guess I'm still a regular student, quite the nerd type I must say.

 I grew up in London, where my parents first practiced their profession for twenty-five years. After getting a good offer here in Seoul, they decided to return, saying it is time to go back to their root, so here I am.

 My second class just ended so I got up from my seat and headed to my lockers. You see our classes aren't the regular type, so we don't have fixed classmates except for major subjects. I left my books and took out my things for the next class. My phone vibrated inside my pocket.

 We are here at the garden. Baby Joy is with us.- Seulgi

 That was Seulgi, Kang Seulgi, my cousin who takes up Fashion Design. I have two other cousins who also study here. Son Seunghwan or Wendy, she takes up Applied Music and Park Sooyoung or Joy, the highschooler. Our moms are sisters.

 I rushed to the garden with books and bag in tow when I bumped in to someone. A man's chest to be exact. I fell backwards, my books flying everywhere and my eyeglasses also flying off my face.

 "Ouch!" I shrieked.

 "Yah! Watch where you're going!" A female voice said.

 "Hyuna stop. It's not her fault." This time a male voice said. I rubbed my which hurt a bit as I got on my knees, my hands searching for my eyeglasses. I am literally blind without those.

 I felt the guys hand tuck me up, helping me stand. His hands are surprisingly warm.

 "Oh, my eyeglasses." 

 I tried searching for his hand but he took the liberty of putting on my eyeglasses for me. "Here you go," I heard him say. Now, I was able to see him properly. Wow, he is so..... Handsome. I felt my cheeks turn red.

 "Kamsahamnida," I quietly said and bowed my head. One of his friends handed me my books.

 "I'm sorry about that." He held out his hand to me but I was to shy to take it. Still, with my head bowed down, I said I'm okay and quickly ran out of their sight.

JIN'S POV

 Weird, I thought. I guess she is just so shy.

 "Crazy. She isn't watching where she is going.," Hyuna can be really like this at times, but I just get along with it. She is my first love, my childhood friend whom I grew to love as time passed by. My friends sometimes think I'm a crazy fool too fall for her. 

 "Oppa, let's get some ice  cream at Baskin Robbins." She pulled on my arm like a kid. My friends tagged along although I know they aren't happy about it. You see, we just came back to school after a few years as a group who debuted under the name Bangtan Boys. After two years of hectic schedules, we finally got the chance to go back to school. And here I am, reunited with Hyuna and she became my girlfriend.

 I remember the time when I was with the boys, when Hoseok suddenly spoke his mind.

 "hyung, are you sure about Hyuna?" He sat down in front of me while munching on his burger, the other boys were also around.

 "Yeah, why do you even ask that? She is my childhood friend. Why should I even doubt her?" Namjoon suddenly stopped typing on his computer, probably busying himself with our new song, and joined in.

 "No Hyung. Even I am a bit bothered with the way she acts. No offense meant, I know she is your dear friend."

 "Okay, if that 's what you think." I just shrugged it off  knowing Hyuna isn't the way they think she is.

 Days passed, I really am enjoying school but of course, it is also so busy cause the boys and I juggle it with work too. As I walked to class on my own some students of course whispering and giggling, also one student came to me asking for my autograph, I bumped into someone again. I caught her just in time she was about to fall.

 "Oh, careful!" I looked in to her face and saw Ms. Glasses, same girl I bumped into yesterday. I smiled. "Oh, it's you again Ms. Glasses."

 The girl adjusted her glasses and looked into me. "Pardon?"

 "Oh sorry for my manners. Its just that I don't know your name yet. We bumped into each other yesterday remember?" I smiled at her as she googled at me, trying to remember.

 "Ah, nae! Joeseonghaeyo, I really have a bad eyesight." She has a bit of an accent. Not Korean. "Yes, I remember from yesterday." She smiled. She might look a bit weird but she seemed ro emit that warm aura. It's nice.

 "By the way, I'm Kim Seokjin." I held out a hand to shake. She took it shyly, "Irene, Irene Bae."

 Suddenly, another fangirl came to ask for a sign. "It seems like your famous."

 "Not really. We just came back to school after stopping for some years to focus on our debut." She suddenly had a questioning look on her face. "We're artists. Singers, we call ourselves the Bangtan Boys."

 "Ah, sorry. I didn't know. I grew up in London so I'm not really aware. Sorry." She bowed her head.

 "Yah, gwaenchanayo, no need to be sorry. I guess we just need to work harder so more people will recognize us. Cheer up!" I held up her chin and I flashed her my brightest smile, which usually make fangirls swoon. "You'll check out our songs okay? When I meet you again, tell me what you think about them." She nodded. "It's a promise then." I made her do the pinky promise which she shyly did.

 Just then I heard a slight cough from behind me. I turned to see my girlfriend, Hyuna behind me. "What do we have here." She said.

 "Oh hi, baby!" She s her arms around mine while looking at Irene. "Just bumped into Irene again." I looked at her to Irene, smiling.

 "Aw, okay. You sure have a habit of bumping into people Ms..." She stopped mid-sentence. "Irene, right?" 

 "Nae. Sorry, I need to go to class now," She faced me again. "It was nice meeting you, Sir." She bowed to me and Hyuna and excused herself.

 "Its Kim Seokjin." I called out to her as I watched her back walking amongst tje crowd of students. "I already told her my name she didn't have to call me Sir. British habits." I smiled.

 "British?" Hyuna asked.

 I just smiled at her. "Come on let's go. We'll be late."

SEULGI'S POV

 I was busy watching a video in my phone when my three cousins arrived. Iy has been weeks since school started and preliminary exams are fast approaching. My mind is still not ready for it. Books kept in my locker, sitting there like I am going to be all right. Oh, fine days.

 "Kang Seulgi, you better get your up and start studying. Emas are fast appraoching. You wouldn't want to cram," Irene-eonnie said in English with her precious British accent.

 "Yes my favorite British eonnie. No need to be pushy about it.. I'll go get my books from my locker first." I stood up from the bench.

 "I'll go with you, Seulgi-eonnie." Our over-enthusiastic dongsaeng, Joy, jumped from her seat to my side.

 "Since you're going can you pass by the vendo and get me an orange juice? " Wendy asked, throwing at me coins.

 "'Kay Madame." I caught the coins from her. ""How about you Eonnie?"

 "No, I'm okay." With that we left.

 "Oh I'm so excited to reach college already eonnie. I'm sick of high school boys already." Joy pouted her lips and I let out a small chuckle.

 "Haha, you'll get to that, our dongsaeng. Don't rush too much."

 "So eonnie, there are lots of hot guys around," she said, as she scanned the campus. "Like that one, oh je's cute."

 "Google over boys when you don't have your highschool uniform on, kidoh."

 "I'm not a kid anymore." She said putting on her sad face. She even stuck out her tongue at me.

 "Wow, you now even have the guts to do that to your eonnie? Come here brat!" She tried escaping from me, running fast. I had difficulty catching her because even if she is the dongsaeng, she is the tallest among us four, but as soon as I caught her I got her in a headlock.

 "Nae, eonnie. Okay I give up. You win. I'm still a kid." We both laughed at hpw silly we were. "But seriously eonnie, nobody's is trying to catch your attention?"

 "None," was my short reply.

 "Or maybe you are NOT showing interest." Joy got me there. I kept silent. She got me there. "I'm right, RIGHT?"

 "Let's not talk about it." I quickly headed to my locker to get my books.

"Mianhae eonnie, but I think I should mention this. I heard their group is studying here. Like all seven of them. Are you aware about it?" Joy asked me as she leaned on the locker

 I kept silent again and closed my locker. I walked away and looked for the closest vendo. "Yah eonnie! Wait for me. I didn't mean to..."

 "I know, it's just it is still painful up till now to talk about it. Joy, you are the only one who knows it. Irene and Wendy were both abroad. Although they know about him, they don't know who he is. Let's just not talk about it. Jebal." I stood in front of the vendo trying to stop my tears from falling.

 "Nae eonnie. Joeseonghaeyo." Joy said, scraping the tip of her shoes on the floor.

 I silently inserted the coin to the vendo and clicked the button for the juicesbut not came out. "Aish, its not working." I kicked the vending machine but it still didn't budge.

 Suddenly a male student came to us and shook the machine. "Here let me help.." I heard a soft clank and there goes the juice.

 "Hoseok-oppa..." I heard Joy softly speak. I froze at the sound of the name, my hand midway from getting the can of juice. 

 No way, I thought.

 "Joy, what are you doing here?" Hoseok's voice indeed. No please, eyes don't fail me yet. Different emotions clouded me, it felt like my chest is going to burst.

 "I came with.." Joy's voice seemed to falter to, not knowing what to say.

 I tried to remain composed and stood up to face him. "She came with me." I did my best to show no emotions. I know I am good at this.

 "Seul, Seulgi." He was obviously shocked to see me. 

 "So it's true, you indeed are studying here. Hmph, look at you, you do look a lot better than before." I said it with all the strength I can muster. He did look a lot better now, more defined jawline, his face matured a little but did him good and a nicer body. The training did him really well. Quite a different Hoseok from three years ago but still seeing him woke up all the pain I tried to hide for years.

 "Ah yeah. Seulgi, how have..." He started.

 "Sorry to cut off this reunion, but we are in a hurry. Thanks for helping us with the vendo." I stopped for a while. "And, in the future I hope I won't go bumping into you anymore but if we do so, let's just act like we don't know each other."