CHAPTER 23- HOME

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 23- HOME

IRENE'S POV

    I sat in my car staring into space. I never really thought that Seokjin will find out about me being back in Korea this soon. I drove around the city enjoying the view of the city when I found myself in a very familiar road, somewhere I always take during my university days here in Korea.

    I stopped by a small rain forest and looked at the small path leading inside. Should I go? I asked myself. Am I even welcome here? I opened my bag and took out the key I have kept for such a long time. I guess I should just try right? I slowly walked into the rainforest and walked across the familiar path I have used before.

    Was he still using the tree house? I wondered. After leaving him behind, was I still welcome to come back? I was ashamed because how can I come back after leaving him so suddenly before? After a train of thoughts and doubts, I already found myself in front of the tree house. Should I come in? I asked myself. I stared up at the tree house and at the key in my hands. I can't decide whether I should go or not.

    "Go. No one's telling you you are not allowed to go there anymore." A familiar voice said behind me. I jumped in shock and turned around to find out who was the owner of the voice.

    "Seokjin-ah! You gave me a fright!" I held my chest holding the key inside my fist.

    "Its good to know you still remember this place." He looked up the tree house, his hands inside his pocket. I stared at his face, admiring the man he has become now. He was still same as before, amazingly handsome. "Hey, what are you still doing there? Don't you want to come inside?" He led me to the tree house and opened the door. I got in and was surprised to see that everything was still the same, just the way it was when I left it.

    "Nothing changed, Seokjin-ah," I said as I touched the sofa we use before. His toys were still there, the books I read before were also on the shelf. The table was still in the same place as before.

    "I didn't want to change anything. This is our secret hiding place, remember? Every memory of you in here, I didn't want to lose it. I just want them to stay here. This place was also waiting for you to come back," he said as he stared at me. He came closer to me and touched my face. " Bogoshipo, Joohyun-ah. You'll never know how much I missed you after all these years."

    "I, I'm sorry for leaving like that. I was just..." My voice got stuck in my throat. I really wanted to cry right there. I don't want to tell him what the real reason was that I left eight years ago.

    He took me in for a hug. "You don't need to say sorry. I'm not asking for an explanation. All I care right now is you are back. I'm satisfied now." He held my shoulder and made me face him. "Yah, don't tell me you are going to cry right now. You're going to get ugly." He held my face in between his hands and laughed, but his voice shook.

    "Stop acting tough. I know you are also in the verge of tears! Pink princess." I laughed. He pinched my face and hugged me again. I hugged him back. "Bogoshipo Seokjin-ah."

JIN'S POV

    I felt Joohyun's arms wrap around my waist. Its great to feel her this way again. Right where we spend most of our time together in the past. "Joohyun-ah."

    She raised her head to me. "Hmm." Wow, she didn't even change. Eight years already passed but she still looks so innocent. "Why did you leave Jinhyun here?"

    She continued staring at me and dropped her head. Her hands suddenly left my waist and she stepped a little inches away from me. "I just can't bring him with me. I thought that if I brought him with me, I won't be able to leave Korea to study in London."

    I just accepted her answer like that but deep inside, I knew there was something more she wasn't telling me. I didn't want to push it because this was the first time we got together in private and I didn't want to ruin the mood. "Okay. Anyway welcome back home, Joohyun-ah." I stepped closer to her again, cupped her face and planted a kiss on her forehead. 

    We sat together in the sofa, letting her rest her head on my lap. "So is it difficult being a doctor?" I asked her.

    "Nae, we still study a lot. Even up to now. Med school was really tough. I'd say it was a bloodbath. Licensure exam and internship also. A lot of time during internship, I was placed in the emergency room. It was so stressful." She kept talking.

    "So how did you and Kris meet?" She told me their story. I can't help but feel jealous. During those eight years, I thought I should have been the one beside her. I should have been the one supporting her during her difficult times studying and preparing to be a doctor. I should have been the one engaged to her now.

    "I can't believe that you are already engaged when you came back here," I suddenly muttered. Joohyun suddenly got up from my lap. She held my hands and spoke,"Are you worried about Kris?" I nodded. She smiled sweetly, my heart shattered. I always become weak with that smile. "Don't worry. Kris is a good man."

    "I trust your judgment but are you really happy with him.?" I looked at her eyes. The eyes I longed to stare at for eight years.

    "I couldn't ask for anyone better, Seokjin-ah." Yes, Seokjin, continue getting your heart broken. "He's my bestfriend. I'm safe with him, Seokjin-ah." You are also safe with me, Joohyun-ah. I could be the best for you, I thought inwardly. Yeah, I guess thst is all I can do now.

    "Seokjin-ah, you'll be there right? On my wedding day, I want you to be there, okay?" I looked at her and smiled. Being there on her wedding will be one of the most painful things I will be doing. How can I watch the woman I love getting married to a man other than me? It was like robbing something that was supposed to be mine. I wasn't even given the chance to hold her, to kiss her, to tell her I love her.

    "Seokjin?" Joohyun nudged me gently.

    "Huh? Of course, I'll be there. I'm not going to miss it." You are such a masochist, Kim Seokjin, I told myself again and again. But I know I cannot say No to her. She has always been my weakness. I never wanted to let her down so even when it means geting myself hurt, I will still do it for her. Bae Joohyun, the girl who was my comfort in the past is now the one causing me so much pain, hurting me badly but still cannot resist.

IRENE'S POV

    "On my wedding day, I want you to be there, okay?" I asked Seokjin, looking at him intently. It was my last request to him before I finally tie the knot with Kris. I wanted closure in my heart. I wanted to finally going to let go of an unrequited love. If there was something I want to remain, that would be to be his friend.

    "Of course, I will be there. I'm not going to miss it," Seokjin replied. I smiled at him. There you go, Irene. You will always remain Seokjin's Special Friend, not the girlfriend, neither his wife. Yes, I love Kris. He was someone I leaned on for the lonely years I spent in London, away from my family, my cousins, my friends, from him, Kim Seokjin.

    I checked my watch and saw that it was already past 9. "Seokjin, I need to go. I still have a scheduled surgery tomorrow." I held on to his arm as he helped me up the sofa. We got out of the treehouse and walked back on the trail leading out the forest. He brought me to where my car was parked.

    "Thanks, Seokjin-ah." I turned to open the car door when Seokjin called my name.

    "Joohyun-ah, don't forget. The treehouse. That's our home, you can come anytime." he said with his hands in his pocket. 

    "Nae Seokjin-ah." I smiled and turned, going up my car. I started the engine and before I left, I watched his figure from my rearview mirror. The view of the man I first loved and I'll forever bury from my past.

JIN'S POV

    She waved at me goodbye and left me there staring at her car slowly fading from my view, just like her, day by day, slipping off my fingers. My home in her slowly disappearing as little by little, she was being owned by another man.

*****

Hello there lovelies! ---Waves Both Hands--- A double update here. Sorry for being gone for quite sometime. I've been quite busy and I must admit I'm quite in a slump right now because the chapter I'm writing right now is nearing the end so quite busy looking for new inspiration on how to write it. I hope you could be a little more patient. 

Anyways, Hoseok and Seulgi meet again after a long, long time! Oh! But frustrating isn't it? How can she be so cold? Argh!

And Jin And Irene! Aigoo, these two! I'm just so speechless on how they keep their feelings for each other. And with Kris in the picture, complicated isn't it?

Anyways, I love hearing your comments. Keep them coming. ;-)

XOXO
satisakro_chi