CHAPTER 20- COMING BACK

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 20- COMING BACK

NO ONE'S POV

    Irene and Wendy quickly fixed up and got in Irene's car. They quickly got to the coffee shop Seulgi was in since it was just around the area.

    "Kangseul!" Irene bellowed as soon as she jumped off the car. She hugged Seulgi. "Aigoo, our teddy bear is all grown up now."

    "Hahaha! Yeah, she even has her own business now. Wow, Elizabeth Kang. Just like the queen's name," Wendy said following Irene from behind.

    "Of course, because she is the Fashion Queen who made me into this." Irene meant the make over she did before.

    "Ok stop it. Go get your orders." Seulgi said in between titters. She really missed the two. If only Joy was with them it would have been a perfect reunion. The two went to the counter and got their orders.

    When they came back, the three talked to catch up with their lives.

    "What? You are engaged? With whom?" Seulgi asked, surprised with the news.

    "He's also a doctor. His name is Wu Yifan, Kris Wu. We studied Medicine together and also took internship together. He became my bestfriend too." Irene was stirring her coffee.

    "Oh, but how about.." Seulgi didn't finish her sentence because Wendy interrupted her.

    "How about you? No love life yet? Did you get in touch with him?" Wendy has been so curious about it for so long, knowing how Hoseok dealt with her sudden disappearance. Just like Jin when Irene, a friend whom he considered close to his heart, left, he was devastated. But it was a different case for him. Seulgi was his girlfriend and she left without a word. It was like, automatically, he knew they're done, but it was difficult because there was no real closure. She and Joy knew about Hoseok being broken, getting news from the other boys.

    "Aniyo, not anymore. I guess we just fell apart, both choosing our own paths." That was how she simply said it. Wendy suddenly felt a bit irritated but she kept it to herself. If she was to put it, Seulgi chose hers without even looking back. She wouldn't have problems with her leaving but she shouldn't have left the way she did.

    "I'm coming back to Korea with Kris. We will formally tell my parents about our engagement." Irene informed Seulgi.

    "I'm coming too. I have a project with some singers in Korea. How about you, do you plan on coming back? You can join us," Wendy said.

    "Aniyo, I think I'll be staying here in London for the time being. I need to focus on my branch here first." The three continued talking under the bright London sky.

IRENE'S POV

    Wendy, Kris and I were inside the plane. A few hours from now, we will be landing in Korea and I am excited. I spent eight years away from Korea and it was nice that I'll be back. Kris and I decided to stay there for a year and work as doctors in Seoul University Hospital, same hospital where my parents are working at.

    "Hey, calm down. We'll get there soon," Kris whispered to me. Wendy was busy sleeping beside me.

    "It's so obvious that I am excited, right?" I chuckled. "I miss Mom and Dad. And also Joy. Speaking of Joy, you should try her pastries. They are heavenly," I said.

    "I guess I should look forward to it then. Anyway, go to sleep now. When we get to Incheon, it will most probably be morning already." Kris made me lean on his arm to sleep on it. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. More than the fact that I was excited to see my parents, I was also nervous of the fact that by coming back to Korea, I might bump into him again. Kim Seokjin. I know its ridiculous because eight years already passed. But wouldn't it be such a coincidence to meet him out of the blue? I'll be busy with work and preparations for the wedding, while he is there, performing and filming his movies and dramas, it would be so impossible for us to bump into each other again. I guess I'm just thinking too much. I better get some sleep.

SEULGI'S POV

    "Seulgi, I have one last test before I completely let you go your own way. There is a company I contacted in Korea, they asked me if I can get you to work for them for their next concept and music video. They feel that your skill is what they need for the new music video they will be creating. They want to hire you as there designer for the stage costumes of their artist." It was Cornelia Jacques, explaining to me the last test I have to undergo before I officially end training under her.

    "But Seonsaengnim, how about my London branch?" I suddenly became worried. Why so suddenly? I didn't even have time to prepare.

    "Don't worry about that one. I will help you and you can go check it online from time to time just like how you do with Paris branch." She seemed so decided to make me do it

    "And my winter fashion show?" 

    "Come back for it. Don't worry, it will be all right. Anyway, I've already committed to them and working with them will also be a good chance for you to promote yourself in Korea," she said. Wow! She already committed. That leaves me no choice but to agree.

    "Okay, Seonsaengnim. I'll go as soon as I can. Let me just finish some things here in London and I'll leave after," I told her.

    "Great! Okay, Seulgi, always remember, enjoy what you are doing, Okay?" Cornelia sounded so pleased.  I guess this is some interesting job she picked then.

    "Yes, Seonsaengnim. You know I trust you." She said goodbye. I closed my phone and sighed. Seems like I have an unplanned homecoming then.

JOY'S POV

    I was panicking inside my kitchen, preparing food here and there, baking cake on the other side. I was just so excited that my two eonnies are finally coming back to Korea. Kyaaahh!

    "Aigoo! My daughter definitely missed her sisters." my Mom came in the kitchen and kissed my forehead. "When will I see you this excited preparing food for your husband and not your eonnies, huh?" she joked.

    "Not in the near future yet. Haha, eomma! I'll prepare food and desserts for you and abbeojji for now. I don't have plans on having a boyfriend yet because I enjoy being your baby still." I did aegyo in front of her and she laughed.

    "Sooyoung-ah, Irene's mom called. They'll be here in a short while," my Dad announced.

    "Nae abbeojji, I'll prepare the table now." I quickly cleaned the place. My Mom helped me fix the table together with our helpers. Soon after, they arrived. Irene's, Wendy's and Seulgi's parents, Irene, Wendy and Kris, Irene's fiance.

    It was a fine evening and we all enjoyed. I kept clinging to both Wendy and Irene eonnie like a kid. "Kris-oppa, may I borrow my Eonnie first? I miss her so much." I asked Kris.

    "Oh sure. She also misses you. She talks about you a lot." I must say, he is handsome and charming. No wonder Irene-eonnie chose him. But of course my vote still goes to Jin-sunbaenim. That's another problem I, Jungkook and Taehyung are encountering now. How do we tell him? I mentally sighed at the thought.

    Wendy pinched my cheeks. "Aigoo! You never change. You're still a kidoh. Your cooking skills just became better but you are still a kid."

    "Eonnie! Appayo!" I rubbed my burning cheeks. Irene was laughing. "Just let me be. The three of you left me here. I missed you. I am the maknae anyways." I acted like I was about to cry.

    "Come here big baby." Irene gestured me for a hug which I gladly accepted. "Nae, little eonnie."

    I suddenly changed the subject. "So, Kris is your classmate from medical school and also your bestfriend?" Irene eonnie nodded.

    "Is he trustworthy?" I was curious. I'm still in the state of shock that eonnie is getting married in three months.

    "I trust him, with all my heart. For eight years he never broke it," Irene said it like she was so sure about him. I looked at Wendy eonnie and she just shrugged.

    Now, with a very serious voice, I asked, "Do you love him, Eonnie?" I think I saw Irene eonnie wince, like she found my question uncomfortable. "Y-yes. Do you really have to ask that? I promised to marry him, that is because I love him." She cannot even look me in the eyes.

    Our parents suddenly called Eonnie. She excused herself from us and went to their direction. Wendy and I took our sandals off and dipped our legs in the pool. "Do you think she did the right decision?" I asked Wendy-eonnie.

    "How am I supposed to say that? Only she can answer that question, Joy. But to tell you the truth, somewhere, somehow, there is something extremely wrong with the things happening right now." She paused. "I don't have anything against Kris. I watched them all these years and I know that Kris is a good man. If I were to put it, he is close to perfect. I know that when she marries him, she is in good hands. Its just that, the way I look at it, Irene-eonnie's heart belongs to someone else and it never changed." Wendy-eonnie proved me right all this time.

    "Jin-sunbaenim, right?" Wendy nodded. The two of us sighed deeply. "I already told Jungkook and Taehyung," I said.

    "Jinjja?" I nodded. "Did they tell the other boys?"

    "Aniyo. I guess we have a case of star crossed lovers here," I said under my breath.

    "What do you mean?" Wendy loked at me with a confused expression.

    "Jungkook and Taehyung have this theory that Jin sunbaenim is in love with Irene eonnie. I also think he feels that way for Eonnie." I explsined to Wendy-eonnie.

    "If that's the case, it is such a pity then. In the past, there was Hyuna who ended up cheating on him and now, Irene is engaged. Maybe they were not really meant for each other. Fate can be cruel sometimes," Wendy said. I couldn't agree any better.