CHAPTER 2- SEULGI AND HOSEOK

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 2- SEULGI AND HOSEOK

HOSEOK'S POV

 I crashed my body to my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I just stayed like that as I thought about my encounter with Seulgi a while ago. 

 'And, in the future I hope I won't go bumping into you anymore but if we do so, let's just act like we don't know each other.' Seulgi's voice kept repeating inside my head. Those words, her voice and her cold expression, it felt like I am being stabbed with a knife so many times.

 "Hoseok," Yoongi-hyung's voice suddenly startled me as he entered the room.
"Uhm, are you crying?"

 That was when I realized tears were falling.I wiped it with the back of my hands.

 "You know what, its weird seeing you cry. You of all people. The last time I saw you cry was because of your ex, Seulgi." He sat on the bed.I stared at him. He seemed to get it coz his eyes suddenly opened wide. "Don't tell me you... Oh no. So, fill me in."

 I told him what happened and he listened well. I was a bit surprised because this hyung usually has that 'I-don't-give- attitude' but this time he is listening and he is listening well.

 "Hyung, it hurt like . I thought I was already ok and I've moved on, but I haven't. It's still her. I still love her but I don't even know what to do." 

 Suga remained silent for a while, most probably contemplating on the right words to say. "Go get her again."

 "But she doesn't want to see me anymore. She doesn't even want to let anyone know that we know each other. She said.." 

 "Hey, if you just keep having doubts and not do anything about it, you'll never know what might happen. You know what they say, what someone says could actuallybe the opposite of what he feels or thinks. You might not know she said that because she still hurts because she did love you. Anyway, when you feel a little better, just go down dinner is ready." 

 I sat there. Three years, for three years I held it in my conscience, not making Seulgi understand why I did that. No explanations at all. Maybe I should face it now, man up to tell her I'm sorry and tell her that until now, I still love her. If I can't have her back, at least I still owe her an apology for hurting her, the woman I love.

JOY'S POV

 Two weeks passed by and Seulgi-eonnie continued acting weirdly. Good thing she was still able to study properly and get her exams.  My two other eonnies even kept prying on me because she started acting that way after that incident in the vending machine. 

 "Yah, maknae, you were the one with her that day. What happened? What's with her sulking." Wendy-eonnie pulled me down to sit with her and Irene-eonnie.

 "Ey, I think I'm not in the position to tell you that. How many times do I have to say it." I was frustrated. Blabbing it out won't help but...

 "If you are not telling us then who will? You know Seulgi never tells us her problems unless we keep prying on SOMEONE" Irene-eonnie said.

 "Okay, okay I give up. You two, you win." I raise both arms in utter frustration.

NO ONE'S POV

*FLASHBACK*

 Seulgi walked out of her classroom, and waited for Joy. She passed by a group of noisy boys by the corridor when suddenly one boy came dancing towards her and handed out an envelope.

 "My friend wants me to hand this you. Read it when you are alone."

 "Chogiyo, Nuguseyo?" Seulgi asked the guy.

 "He'll introduce himself to you when he is ready." He bowed and went back to his group of friends who also seemed ecstatic.

 Seulgi smiled to herself as she placed the letter inside her bag.

 That night in her room...
 "Eonnie, what is that you are holding? You have beem staring at that for like 15 minutes already. Joy joined her eonnie in bed. She was there to sleepover.

 "Wait, is that what I think it is? Oh, Eonnie it's a love letter! Open it!" Joy was jumping up and down on the bed.

 "Yah, it seems like you are more excited than me," Seulgi was smiling ear to ear. Surely there were a lot of guys who tried to woe her, but this was the first time she ever received a love letter. Well, it did seem a bit cheesy, especially that the guys seemed to come from a group of boys who do dance hip hop, but Seulgi still found it cute... And sweet. 

 Seulgi opened it.

Dear Seulgi,

 I'm sorry if I had to introduce myself thru a letter. I am your admirer. I've always liked you from afar. Since the first day I saw you, that day you transferred to this school, you already caught my attention. At first, I thought I was just curious about the new girl in school, but I found myself trying to get any information I can about you, thinking about you. No please don't think I am a stalker. My intentions for you are pure.

 As I am making this letter, I find myself kicking my poor blankets just thinking about you reading this. I don't know what I feel right now. Happy? Giddy? Nervous? Embarrassed? I guess it's all a mixture of all of them. I hope you allow me to continue liking you.

 In the right time, I'll introduce myself to you. Right now, I'm still gathering all the courage I could muster so I could face you and tell you personally, I like you, I really do, Kang Seulgi.

       With love,
       JHS

 Seulgi can't help smiling. It was cute, the letter. Somehow it made her heart flutter. Joy was squealing like crazy beside her. She herself wanted to squeal but was trying to stop herself. 

 "JHS? Hmm, JHS?" Joy murmured. 

 "Why, do you know someone with that initials." Seulgi faced Joy who was thinking deeply this time.

 "Eonnie, who did you say gave you the letter?"

 "Uhm, I think he was one of the guys from the hip hop club of our school. I saw him coming out from the group."

 "If it is JHS and from the hip hop club," Joy's eyes suddenly opened wide. "OMG! Eonnie!"

 "Wae? You know him?"

 "Eonnie, if I got it correctly, it is not just me who knows him but the whole school does. It might be Jung Hoseok, the leader of the club."

 Days passed and Seulgi's mind would sometimes drift away and replay the words in the letter. She always brought it around with her and would read it when no one is watching. Sometimes she would smile all to herself. One more thing, everyday she would find a red rose with a small note with different messages placed in one of the holes of her locker since the day she received the letter. Not one day was missed.

 "Eonnie, I'm going to faint with the sweetness of your admirer." Joy was smiling weirdly.

 Seulgi became suspicious of Joy because she seemed to know something she doesn't. "Yah, you know something I don't know don't you?"

 "Huh? No, nothing. Uhm, eonnie I need to go. Kkk. Bye!" Joy quickly ran away from her eonnie.

 "Yah, Park Sooyoung! Come back here. You are not telling me something. You're so dead when I get you!" Seulgi sighed. "Aish, that kid."

 Joy on the other hand...

 Walking with her hands on the straps of her backpack, Joy decided to face the hip hop club. She walked straight to the studio where they practiced in the school.

 As soon as she arrived, she saw them practicing a dance. She cleared and all the boys turned to her when they heard her.

 "Uhm, annyeonghaseyo." Joy bowed to them. "I'm Joy, Park Sooyoung. I'm Seulgi's cousin." They also bowed to her.

 "Neh, how may we help you?" One of them said.

 "Kkk, Even Seulgi's cousin is cute." She heard one say.

 Joy flushed red at hearing the comment. "I know I'm cute." They laughed at her cute comment. She was just trying to hide her embarrassment by going with the flow.
She took another deep breath. "I'd like to ask, who gave my eonnie that love letter?"

 The boys fell quiet. "JHS? The initials there. Jung Hoseok-sunbaenim, is it you?" Joy tried to act courageously as she faced him.

 Hoseok stepped forward. Joy saw here swallowing really hard. "Yes it is me. Does she know already?"

 Joy dropped her head and rubbed the tip of her shoe on the floor."Nae Sunbaenim. I kind of blabbed out your name when I realized the initials."


    "Oh." Hoseok remained silent.

 "Sunbaenim, until when will you hide? Eonnie is just waiting for you to reveal yourself. You can't just hide behind roses and small notes forever. Man it up and reveal yourself to her like a real man should." At that, Joy bowed deeply and ran fast ounof their sight.

 That night, Hoseok thought about it hard and made his mind. He looked for Joy to ask for her help. Luckily, Joy was willing to help out.

 "Eonnie can we pass by the auditorium before we leave school? I think I left something backstage." Joy said to Seulgi. Actually that was just an excuse.

 "Kay." They walked to the auditorium. Joy asked Seulgi to stay in the stage as she went to the backstage.

 Seulgi stood there, tapping her shoes when suddenly, two spotlights opened one at her and another at an empty spot. That was when she noticed rose petals shaped into a heart in the middle of the stage. 

 Suddenly EXO's My Lady played in the background and a man came out on stage dancing. Seulgi was mesmerized, not just because he was handsome. He also danced so well, it felt like he was floating on air. Seulgi can't even keep her eyes of off him. Her heart was racing so fast it somehow hurt against her chest but she didn't care, same goes for Hoseok. 

 The song was nearing its finish and Hoseok was also moving closer and closer to Seulgi. He held out his hand to her, leading her inside the heart shaped rose petals just in time the song ended.

 They looked at each other, Hoseok breathing deeply, trying to catch some air.

 "Uhm, hi." He started.

 "Hi," Seulgi replied, so shy she felt her face is now the color of a tomato. 

 "I'm Jung Hoseok, I was the one who made the letter. Sorry it took me quite some time to formally introduce my self to you. But somehow your cousin racked my brain to man it up already." He looked up at Joy, was at the upper deck with other of Hoseok's crew who helped him prepare this event. "Thank you Joy!" He said with a smile.

 "No problem, Sunbaenim!" She said with a peace sign. Seulgi chuckled softly. 

 "Your dance, it was beautiful," Seulgi complimented him. Hoseok smiled like a fool. It was the first time Seulgi complimented him and he felt like flying.

 "Yah Sunbaenim! Are stand you just gonna stand there smiling like crazy? Palli! You're so slow." Joy said which gained her "Shh!'s" from Hoseok's friends.

 "Take your time, buddy. We'll keep shut," Jimin said.

 Hoseok and Seulgi looked into each other again. Hoseok cleared his throat and tok Seulgi's hands. "Seulgi-ssi, for one whole year, I just looked at you from afar, everyday my admiration growing. That admiration later on transformed to love. It felt weird, like I said in my letter, every ticking second, I thought about you. My poor blankets always get kicked in my bed because of different emotions I feel because of you.  I never even thought that I'd have the courage to confess to you because I was so shy, I even tried to talk to you before but I'd always get cold feet."

 "Seulgi-ssi" he paused and bit his lower lip. "Will.... You be my girlfriend?" His gaze at Seulgi was so sweet, romantic, deep, it sent chills down Seulgi's spine.
 Seulgi took a deep breath. She took her hands off Hoseok's. Hoseok's face suddenly turned from hopeful to confusion and worry because of her gesture.

 "Hoseok-ssi, I... I..." Seulgi stopped. But to Hoseok's surprise, Seulgi hugged her arms around his neck and whispered, "Yes, Hoseok. Yes."

 Hoseok's eyes grew big upon realizing her answer. He replied to Seulgi's hug by wrapping his arms arms around her too and carryong her off the ground and twirling her around. "Yes, she said yes! Seulgi said yes!" 

 They both laughed while the crowd watching them were cheering loudly.

 Hoseok put Seulgi down and looked at her again. "Thank you. I love you, Seulgi."

 Seulgi smiled at him. "Nae, jagiya." She wrapped her arms around Hoseok's neck, while Hoseok's arms were wrapped around her waist. They were happy while in each others arms, not caring about anything else but just them two.