CHAPTER 30- COMPLICATED HEARTS

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 30- COMPLICATED HEARTS

KRIS'S POV

    I stared at my reflection in the mirror as I adjusted my bow tie. I was satisfied with how I look that I smiled. My sister appeared behind me fixing the shoulder of the suit and smiling. "My brother looks so handsome."

    "Of  course. You got your beauty from me." I pinched her nose which earned me a nasty growl from her.

    "Don't go messing on my make up. And for your information, you are not my parent, I got my great genes from them not you."

     I laughed at my childish sister. "When will you grow up?"

    She snorted. "Anyway, on a serious note, Kris, are you sure Jin is just Irene's friend?" 

    My forehead wrinkled with her sudden question. "What are talking about.?"

    She hesitated at first, seeing the confused expression of her face, like trying to find the right words to say. "It's just that,  yesterday, when I went out looking for her, I saw her walking away from Jin, and Jin was standing by the sea. His expression was like he was about... About to cry."

    That doesn't make sense. Why would he be about to cry? "No, Irene never mentioned me anything. All I know is that they are friends, and I respect whatever Irene tells me."

    Yifei just nodded, not adding anything anymore. "Hmm, okay. I guess I was just, uhm, nevermind. Let's go. They must be waiting for us."

    But even if I tried to not mind Yifei's question, I know she was trying to send me a secret message. I am not too slow not to realize that Jin has feelings for Irene. At first, I didn't want to believe it but his actions showed so much of his feelings it was pretty obvious how much he adores Irene.

    Back at the hospital, the first time I met him, he was hugging Irene. I felt jealous that he was hugging her, but I tried to act like I was okay. Right after Irene told him about our engagement, the change in his expression was enough to tell me he was in love with her. I tried acting cool about it. As long as Irene doesn't react to any of his advances, I plan not to make my move. But hearing Yifei's observations, I felt an alarm starting to tick inside me.

    I stared at my sister who was walking side by side with me and Irene after we met her with her cousins and friends. Yifei's expression changed after seeing Jin. She suddenly went to his side and hooked her arm around Jin's. "Jin, let's go together, okay? I shouldn't stick to my brother and Irene tonight. I want them to have an alone time together. You'll be my date tonight. Would that be okay?" Jin was a bit taken aback by the request of my sister. "Hmm, okay. Sure, no problem," he replied, but I can help but notice him glancing sideways towards Irene.

    Yifei looked at me and smiled. I smiled at her sending her a mental note of a thank you for giving me a private time with my Irene. Yifei dragged Jin with the others.

    I looked at Irene and said, "Let's go?" she smiled at me and held on to my arm. I lead her to the ballroom. "This is going to be a perfect night, Irene."

    We enjoyed the night and got to meet a lot of new people. Some even recognized the BTS members and took pictures with them. I noticed that J-hope and Seulgi were missing. 

    "Irene, where is Seulgi and J-hope?" I asked.

    "Uh, them? They just needed to fix something," she said.

    "What do you mean? Are they... An item?" I was a bit confused but somehow I already have the idea of what she was talking about.

    Irene nodded to me. "They were a couple back in highschool and college but Seulgi suddenly left for Paris leaving Hoseok behind. Well, they were each others first love and hopefully the last. I hope their plan will work out. They have been suffering for years but knowing Seulgi, I don't know. She is really stubborn, Kris. I'm not so sure about it." She drank for her glass of champagne while a thought ran through my head.

    "Speaking about first loves, Who is your first love, Irene? Is it me?" I was suddenly curious. I smiled trying to act as naturally as possible.

    I think the color from her face suddenly drained. The look in her eyes suggest that she was panicking. "W-wait, why are you asking?"

    "Why? Is it bad to ask? I just want to know but if you don't want to answer I'm fine with it. No pressure." I bent down to kiss her on the forehead, suddenly the music turned to a romantic one. "Anyway, may I have this dance?" I held out a hand to her which she took and I brought her in the middle of the dancefloor. I placed her hand on my shoulder and held the other one. My other hand gently took her by the hip and we swayed to the music.

    "I love you Irene. I love you," I said, kissing her on her forehead.

JIN'S POV

    I watched Kris and Irene as they wounded their way to the dance floor. My chest burned in jealousy, wanting to be that one person she should be dancing with. I wish I was the one holding her. My hand clenched into a fist as I can still feel the tingling sensation I felt every time I touch her. I know I wanted to feel it again. I couldn't tear away my eyes from them, I almost forgot that Crystal was with me until she tugged my arm. "Huh?"

    "Are you not gonna invite me for a dance?" she asked. Sure she was charming, the way she smiles, her chinky eyes, but even with a beautiful date like her could not change the fact that it is still Joohyun I'm dreaming to be with in such a beautiful night but of course I know I can't.

    "Sure." I held out my hand for her to take and we went to the dance floor. We gently swayed to the music. We remained silent for a while choosing not to talk but after a few moments, she decided to speak first.

    "The way you look at Irene, she is the girl you meant when we talked back in the plane. Am I right?" Crystal looked at me seriously.

    I was surprised by her statement. "How?" I asked.

    "It doesn't matter anymore, Jin. Whatever you feel for Irene, please, keep it to yourself. I ask of you, Kim Seokjin. My brother, I don't want him to get hurt. She is the only girl my brother loved and I can't risk seeing him get hurt."
    
    I looked at her with sincerity, knowing she was only doing this because of her brother, but I waited for Joohyun far too long and was willing to fight for her until she chooses between the two of us. I am sure about it now.

    "I'm sorry Crystal. I love Joohyun and I am willing to take the chance. You are not going to be the one to dictate to me what I should do. She will choose not you. Not until she tells me she chooses Kris, I'll keep fighting. Not even when she tells me to stop, I will keep loving her. Only she can, Crystal, only she can tell me what to do. Not anyone else but her." I took my hands away from her and bowed before I took my leave.

SUGA'S POV

    I decided to leave the hotel and check up on the venue where we set up Hoseok and Seulgi's date. While walking there, I saw Hoseok walking away, looking crushed. I walked up to him and placed an arm around his shoulder.

    "What is up bro? What is with that expression?" I asked, trying to act innocent. 

    "You set that up didn't you?" he said, all energy gone from his voice. I scratched my head, knowing that we were caught. I know, it was obvious. As obvious as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 

    "Yeah, sorry dude. We just want you and Seulgi to make amends. Really, its obvious you still care for each other." I walked with him to the hotel."So, what happened?"

    "We ended it all. I let her go. That is what she wants, I just have to give it to her. I guess my love for her isn't enough. I guess I just wasn't part of her dream. Yoongi-hyung, it's the end." He turned to me, face down. I remained silent and just held his shoulder, trying to assure him that everything is gonna be okay, even when I know it isn't at the moment. We silently walked back to his room.

    "You sure you wanna be alone?" I asked him as we stood by his door.

    "Yeah, I'll be okay. Thanks, man." He closed the door and I walked away. Taking my phone from my pocket, I decided to call Wendy. "Wendy, the plan, we failed."

    "Mwo? W-waeyo? Yah, it should be a kiss and make up. What happened?" She said in the other line.

    "I don't know. Hoseok said he let Seulgi go for the last time, he set her free." Aigoo! I messed my neatly done hair and decided to go back to the ballroom. There I saw Wendy and Joy with worried faces.

    "I don't really know what to do with these two anymore. So much push and pull. Why can't they just be simple lovers? So much pride, especially your cousin." Sometimes, I can't control this mouth.

    "Yah!" Joy hurled.

    "You have to admit Joy. Seulgi has too much pride in her." Wendy was holding Joy's hand because she was about to pounce at me for my comment.

    We told the others about what happened and they were also disappointed.I sat down with a glass of wine in my hand. "Oppa, why is everything so complicated for them?" Wendy asked me. "Seulgi and Hoseok-sunbaenim. Also, Irene-eonnie and Jin-sunbaenim."

    "To tell you the truth, Wendy, I don't know how to answer your question."

SEULGI'S POV

    "Goodbye, Kang Seulgi." Hoseok's voice rang inside my head again and again. "Goodbye, Kang Seulgi." For the nth time, stop it. The sound of his voice stabbed me for a week already. I came directly back to London from our Maldivean trip to finalize the preparations for my London Winter fashion show. Here it is at last, my dream just within reach. My very own fashion show.

    I was inside my office, fixing one of my designs in a mannequin when Cornelia-seonsaengnim came inside. "Seulgi, nice to see you again," she said with arms spread ready to hug me. "Ah, my baby girl is all grown up now. Your fashion show is now coming near."

    I smiled at her and we went out to have lunch. "I heard you are having some difficulties with the designs for the music video. Is it true, Seulgi?" said Cornelia, sipping in her green tea.

    "Oh, yeah, a bit, seonsaengnim. President Bang thinks it lacks something, the feel." I took in a deep breath and continued."I'm still working out on it. I guess male clothes are really my weakness."

    "No Seulgi. I don't think there is anything wrong with your designs for males. You know, you really have a great mind and skill for fashion design, but do you reaaly know why I chose you? I could have chosen a different one, Kang Seulgi but you stood out. Tell me, what was your answer to my question when we first met?"

    I sat there, a perplexed expression crossing my face as I tried to recall our first conversation and realizing what she meant, I just wanted to cry on the spot."You realize it now? Kang Seulgi, you design from your heart. That wedding gown you designed, it was full of emotions, it transmits to whoever wears it and sees it how much you love the person you dedicated that gown for. The groom, the love of your life, your willingness to submit yourself to that person because you love him and trust him to love and respect you all the days of your life. Kang Seulgi, its not just about the technique, the skill. Fashion design, just like music, is passion and communication. Showing others your true soul,y our deepest desires and thoughts. You need to uuderstand that."

    Her words kept ringing in my head throughout the night. Together with Hoseok's voice who kept repeating his goodbye, seonsaengnim's voice pierced through me. I looked again at the lyrics of the song and read it again and again. Suddenly, I felt my eyes sting. I didn't notice I was already crying.

    'Saranghaeyo, Seulgi-yah.'

    'You hold the key to my heart.'

    'Come back, back to me.'

    'Goodbye, Kang Seulgi.'

    Tears fell like cold rain in a dark night. I sobbed at the thought of every word Hoseok said. A hand rested on my chest, feeling all the hurt I tried to hide for eight long years. The pain I put upon myself. The fear of finally losing him... losing him for good.

JIN'S POV

    Practice room, 12 midnight. I was still busying myself practicing the new song for the comeback we are preparing for when I heard my phone ring. I picked it from the floor and checked the name of the caller."Kris?" I wondered how he suddenly decided to call me. I swiped the green accept button and answered.

    "Yeoboseyo?" I said. I heard his voice in the other line answering me.

    "Hello, Jin. It's a good thing you are still awake," he said.

    "Yeah, I am still practicing for the group's comeback." I took a bottle of water and drank from it. Why did he call me at this hour, I wondered. "What's up? Why'd you call?"

    "Just wondering, are you free? I'd like to talk to you."

    "About what?" I asked althought I already have an idea of what... Or who we will be talking about.

    "Don't act as if you don't know, Jin. Meet me at the coffee shop right across your building. 12:30. I'll be expecting you." I put down my phone and took my bag. I opened the door of the practice room  and met Joy and Jungkook on the way out. She was here to deliver our dinner earlier when she decided to watch us practice.

    "Sunbaenim, where are you going?" Joy asked.

    "I need to meet someone," I simply said. I slipped by them and walked out.

    "Hyung!" I looked back as Jungkook called me. "If it's is Kris, please don't do anything rash. You don't want Irene-noona to be upset at you." He and Joy looked at me with concern and I just nodded.