CHAPTER 19- LONELINESS

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 19- LONELINESS

HOSEOK'S POV

    We got in the club and the music blared in my ears. The boys headed to the dance floor, while I went to the bar. I was not in the mood to dance. I just wanted to drink. I ordered two shots of rhum from the bartender. 

    "Seulgi-yah, what happened to us? Tables are turned now, huh? I was the one left behind. I can't even get over you after eight years." I turned the glass in my hand and drank it in one shot. I ordered another one from the bartender when Jimin sat beside me.

    "Yo, dude, not gonna dance?" He waved at the girls passing by. He ordered the same thing as I did and drank. 

    "Aniyo."

    "It's Seulgi again isn't it? I saw her in the newspaper too. She's pretty popular in the fashion scene nowadays." I nodded. "I guess you should get over it by now, Hyung. Accept the fact that you're not for each other. You're hurting yourself again just like you did when you first broke up. This time, you were not the one who left. It's her. And when she wants to go back to you, she should have done it a long time ago." He drank another shot. 

    "I can wait, Jimin. If it's not her, then no one else can. I've already given my heart to her." I said, asking the bartender for another shot.

    "Try dating other girls Hyung. I know your story since the start but it seems that fate won't allow you to be together. It's always the same thing that gets in the way, your ambition. Both of you left for the same reason, ambition."

    "Sometimes, I wonder if I did the right thing Jimin. After choosing all this, I'm still lonely without her. Even if I try dating other girls, I always end up comparing them to her." I laughed inwardly. I know I sound pathetic right now, waiting for a girl who didn't even say anything before leaving. She just left a freaking letter. I didn't even notice, but I don't blame her. I did it before. Karma, huh?

    The key to my heart. Yes, it is only Seulgi who holds it and no one else, but now it seems like I'll forever be locked up, locked up in my own little corner of loneliness.


JOY'S POV

    HAPPINESS CAFE AND PASTRIES. I looked up at the sign in my very own shop as I opened it. Another busy day for me. I got in and greeted my employees who were already inside preparing the shop.

    "Good morning, Ms. Joy." they greeted back. Jinah, my assistant came to me as I put on my apron and said, "Eonnie, seems like you got an early morning visitor." She pointed her finger to two male customers seated at the cornermost side of the shop. I immediately recognized them.

    "Jungkook-oppa, Taehyung-oppa!" They both waved at me and I walked towards them. Taehyung pulled a seat for me. "What brings you here? How was your concert?" I asked as soon as I sat down.

    "It was succesful. And we came to buy a cake." Taehyung was, as usual, hyper, with that weird, weird smile.

    "Oh that's good to hear. And what is the cake for?" I said.

    "Whoa! I can't believe you! How long have we been friends?" Jungkook exclaimed with that boyish gleam in his eyes.

    "Hmm, I think its eight years. Wae? Why are you acting like that?" I was confused.

    "Check the calendar, what day is it today?" Jungkook crossed his arms and acted angry. I looked at the calendar on my phone. 

    "Omoya! Mianhaeyo! It's your birthday!" I stood up and suddenly hugged him. "Happy birthday!" He smiled and hugged me back while Taehyung stood up and was waving a finger at us.

    "Yah! Why only him? Where is my hug too?" He stomped his feet on the ground and pouted. I heard my staff giggling and saying he was cute.

    I face him and pinched his cheeks. "Its not your birthday, Taehyung-oppa."

    He sat back down and was now the one who crossed his arm. "I wish it was my birthday." Jungkook and I laughed.

    "Aigoo, so childish. Anyway, what cake do you want? I'll give it to you for free." I said as I sat back.

    "The usual, my favorite," Jungkook smiled.

    I turned and called Seryung. "Seryung, could you please box up a Red Velvet cake for these two here?"

    "Yes, Ms. Joy." I saw her go behind the counter and pull out a cake from the fridge. I faced Jungkook and Taehyung again.

    "Joy, can we ask you, have you heard from Irene-noona or Seulgi?" Taehyung asked me out of the blue. Even Jungkook was paying attention.

    "Hmmm, aniyo. They're kind of discreet. But I do get news from Wendy-eonnie from time to time." I suddenly became nervous. Wendy-eonnie already told me about Irene-eonnie's engagement and I don't know how to tell the boys about it, especially when I got that gut feeling that Jin-sunbaenim loves Eonnie.

    "So, what did she tell you?" I know Jungkook was trying to delve in for more. 

    "Nothing much." Why do I even have to lie about it. "Irene-eonnie is still busy with doctor duties. The usual stuff."

    "Oh." They both said.

    "Waeyo?"

    "When we had the concert in London, something happened," Jungkook informed me.

    "Huh? Jinjja? What is it?" I was interested all of a sudden.

    Taehyung filled in the details. "Jin-hyung thinks he saw Irene-noona in the concert. He even called her name in the middle of the performance and ran down to reach her."

    What? She attended the concert? She should have just made herself known. I was confused. As confused as the day she left when we didn't know the reason behind her sudden flight to London. Even Wendy doesn't know.

    "I guess I have to tell you something important." I suddenly said. Here we go now.

SEULGI'S POV

    I walked around London and decided to rest in a coffee shop to get a warm cup of coffee. I got an americano and sat outside as I enjoyed the view. I took out my phone and decided to call Irene.

    "Yeobeoseyo." I said thru the line.

    "Seulgi? Yah, Seulgi-yah! Omo, it really is you!" Wendy's voice came through and she started losing it.

    "Haha yes its me. Are you with Irene-eonnie?"

    "Nae, she is still in the bathroom. Omg, how have you been? We haven't heard from you for such a long time. How dare you not keep in touch with us," Wendy said jokingly in the other line.

    "Haha, sorry, Wends. I have been really busy with my business. Anyway I already put up an office here in London, want to meet up?" I told them my location and they said they be here in a few minutes.

    I put down my phone and got a newspaper. Scanning through it, my eyes caught a news which made me stop and look. 'BTS SUCCESSFULLY ENDS THE LAST LEG OF THEIR WORLD TOUR IN LONDON'

    BTS, I thought. I kept staring at their picture. There he was my ex-boyfriend, Hoseok. He grew up well didn't he? I closed the newspaper and sipped my coffee. Why am I even thinking about it? I left his life a long time ago and chose this one. I shouldn't be thinking about it now right.?

 

*******

First Update For Valentines Day! =)