CHAPTER 15 -THE CHOICES WE MAKE

My Heart (A BTS and Red Velvet Story)

CHAPTER 15 -THE CHOICES WE MAKE

IRENE'S POV

    The feeling of his lips still burned deeply in my memory. I stared at my reflection on the mirror. Even when they say I have one of the most beautiful faces, even this beautiful face could not gain me the man I love.

    "I guess, I'll never get to say how much I love you, Kim Seokjin." I stood up from my seat and carefully walked to my parents room. I knocked on their door. The door opened up for me. 

    "Oh, what is it, Irene?" My Mom opened up yhe door wide.

    "Can I talk to you and Dad?" I was trying my best to hold back my tears. 

    "Oh sure come in." I walked in and went to my Dad's side who was reading a book on the bed. I hugged him suddenly. "Oh, our angel is here. What is it, honey?"

    "Dad, Mom," I started to sob. "Can I please go back to London? It's getting harder everyday. I can't stop falling for him but I know it is wrong." I hugged Dad tighter, hiding my tear stained face.

    I felt my Mom's hand touch my hair. Dad tried to comfort me. "You know it's not wrong to love him, you can't just escape it like that, my daughter. Every memory of him will follow you. Do you think leaving is the answer to it? I don't really think so. Face it. Tell him."

    "It is not that easy Dad. He is in love with someone else, he has a girlfriend. I don't want to be the reason of a ruined relationship. If I keep doing this it will just get harder each day."

    They both remained silent. I know I can't easily persuade the two of them but I really need to go. I need this time to get myself together. I can't go on like this, everytime I see him, I'll keep holding on to him to the point that I won't want to let him go.

    "You said he was the one who always told you you are beautiful, right? Why let him go?" my Mom asked.

    "He will leave good memories to me, but if I stay, I can't be satisfied anymore. I'll ask for something more. There are times when I just want to be selfish because I want him for myself and I'm afraid of it." I wiped my face with the back of my hand.

    "Sometimes you have to give in to make yourself happy Irene. Have you even tried telling him how you feel?" My Mom asked. I shook my head. "Then try telling him." My Mom added.

    "I can't. I don't want to ruin what he has with Hyuna. I'll just have to be the one to let go, to sacrifice." I know I'm being selfish to myself but it's okay as long as I don't hurt him.

    "Are you sure about your decision? We know you already love it here. This is now your home. Your cousins are here," Dad asked, trying to make sure.

    It took me a while to answer, but I have already made up my mind. "Yes Dad, I'm sure about it. I'll continue studying there."

    Mom and Dad looked at each other. "Okay, your Dad and I will talk about it. In the meantime, why don't you go to sleep.?"


SEULGI'S POV

     "Paris. I'll let you study and train fashion design in Paris, Kang Seulgi, under my supervision, Cornelia Jacques." The words kept ringing again and again in my head. My mind wasn't processing it quite clearly. "I'll wait for your answer. In one week, I''l be leaving and by that time you need to come with me. I'll be expecting you, Kang Seulgi."

     Cornelia and I met at a restaurant yesterday. The envelope she gave me was a letter offer to study under her. I was ecstatic, and at the same time afraid. How am I to decided in a week? She also wants me to come with her immediately. How am I supposed to tell the people around me about it? The people I love and care for? It was sudden, It was hard to comprehend. But it was such a great oppurtunity, it was so difficult to avoid. It was tempting to the point I just have to grab it.

     "Seulgi? Seulgi-yah?" Hoseok held my hand.

     "Hmm? Ah, sorry I am spacing out. I just have a lot of things in mind."

    "Does that include me?" Hoseok asked, griining at me playfully.

    "Ey, you know I always have you in mind." I touched his face and smiled.

    "Yes, Kang Seulgi always thinks about me!" He jumped up and went to the center of the dance practice room of BTS to start practicing. We were at the Big Hit building because he needed to practice for a special solo stage for Inkigayo. He asked me to join him in his practice. I watched him as he started moving. I was just sitting on the floor, taking videos of him on my phone. As always, he looks his best when he is dancing.

    Thirty minutes passed and Hoseok came back to me panting. "How was it?" he asked.

    I gave him a bottle of water and showed him the video I took. "You are missing the beat on this part. I think you need to work out on that," I said, pointing out the part where he usually makes a mistake.

    "Wow, you really learned well from me! I'm impressed." He ruffled on my hair.

    "Yah, stop messing with my hair."

    "Aigoo, a fashion designer for a girlfriend can get a bit difficult. They're are so conscious on how they look. You are still beautiful even with your messy hair, Ms. Kang." He stole a kiss from me.

    "Yah!" I hit his arm.

    "That's sweet." He laughed then ran away and went back to practicing.

    After an hour, I waited as he took a shower. One of their staffs was kind enough to give us a ride back to school. As we sat inside the car, he said,"Seulgi, you should watch my solo on Inkigayo next week. I'll perform well next week. You should be there, okay."

    Next week? That performance, its the same date Cornelia wants me to leave with her. I remained silent, not knowing how to tell him about the offer to study in Paris. I've been working out how to tell him about this since the day I talked with Cornelia, but I still can't.

    I stared at him. Hoseok, is this how difficult it was for you to tell me before? I thought to myself. Because right now, I really can't find the right words to tell you about my situation. I sighed deeply.

    "Gwaenchanayo?" He held me and looked at me straight in the eye.

    "Nae, just a bit tired." He took my head and let me lean on his shoulder. Tell me, Hoseok, because I don't really know what to do.

NO ONE'S POV

    Irene was dragging her feet. It felt so heavy that time. With one piece of paper in her hand, an application to leave school, and a heavy heart, she entered the staff room and handed her application.

    "Miss Bae, why is it so sudden?" asked her Professor Nam.

    "We, uhm, decided to go back to London the earliest time we can get, seonsaengnim. Joeseonghaeyo." Irene bowed low to him.

    "But the semester is near its end, can't it wait anymore?" he asked. Other teachers were standing up to listen, surprised by her sudden decision to leave.

    "Nae, its quite urgent. We really need to go back." Irene was choking on her words, trying her best not to cry.

    "It's a pity you have to leave, Irene. You are the best student I have in class and also the most outstanding student of this school. We really can't change your mind can't we?" said Professor Nam.

    "I'm really sorry, Professor, but we will be leaving in four hours already." Irene's lips shook.

    "Oh, okay. I guess we cannot do anything to stop you anymore. Good luck on your trip back then. We were so blessed to meet a student like you, Irene Bae." They all said their goodbyes.

    Irene left the staff room with a heavy heart. She walked through the halls of her school as tears fell from her face. Good thing classes were on going nobody saw her in that state. She left letters in Wendy and Seulgi's locker, leaving Joy's in Wendy's.

    She got back to her car and asked her driver to go somewhere. She held a pink teddy bear to her, "Jinhyun-ah, I think you better go back to your Dad."

    The car stopped to the usual rainforest Irene tread to when meeting Seokjin. She walked to the trail and stopped in front of the tree house. She climbed up and opened it. Getting inside, she touched the things inside, her fingers running across them. Each of them holds her memories with Jin. "Thank you, that even for the shortest moment, I made memories with Seokjin in this house. I'll.... Never forget them." I kissed Jinhyun and placed him on the sofa. "I love you, Kim Seokjin... And goodbye."

****
    Jin ran as fast as he could to the staff room. He needed to see if what Chansung said was true. He opened it so hard that the teachers inside were startled.

    "Yah, Kim Seokjin!" said Professor Nam.

    "Joohyun. Bae Joohyun, it's not true right? That she passed an application to leave?" He was panting, his chest ached but he didn't care. All he thought about now is the fear of Irene leaving.

    "I'm afraid that it is true, Jin. She passed it about an hour ago." confirmed Professor Nam. "She'll be leaving for London.

    Jin stumbled backwards. Why so sudden? He ran again, heading to her locker. He opened it. Her things were no longer there. He dialled her number. She can't be reached. He panicked and cried. Students were staring at him as he ran across the corridors searching for any signs of Irene.

    "Joohyun-ah. No. You can't just leave like that. I can't understand. Why?" He was in a mess right now. 

    "Hyung!" He turned to see Jungkook running towards him. The other boys were with him and Wendy and Joy.

    "Hyung, it's Irene noona. She left school." Jungkook looked confused. I faced Wendy and Joy asking for an explanation.

    "She left us a letter. She didn't tell us why. Sorry."Wendy's head hung low.

    "Sunbaenim, she's leaving for London in an hour," Joy told me.

    "What?" No way. Why can't she even tell me? I looked to Wendy."Please Wendy." She nodded. She gave me her car keys and I ran to her car.

    As I opened the door, I saw Namjoon following me. "I can't let you go on your own dude." I nodded an we headed for the airport.

****
    Jin and Namjoon arrived at the Incheon Airport. They ran inside and started looking for Irene.

JIN'S POV

    "Joohyun-ah, please" I said under my breath. "You can't just leave me like this" They both looked for the flight for London.

    "Hyung, I think we are too late. The passengers are now boarding the plane." Namjoon pointed to me at the screen were flight schedules were flashed. I ran to the gate for the London flight.

    "Joohyun-ah. Bae Joohyun," I called out. The security stopped me from coming.

    "Please I just need to..." The passengers looked at me like I was some crazy person. I know I do look crazy shouting and crying but I was desperate. Some people might even recognize me and I might land in the front page of the newspaper the next day.

    Namjoon held me by the shoulders. "Hyung, stop now. She already got in the plane. We were too late."

    I dropped it knowing I don't have the chance anymore. We sat on the chairs, facing the glass separating me and the plane that holds Joohyun.

    "It took you a long time, Hyung" Namjoon started. I looked at him.

    "What do you mean?" I asked.

    "To realize that you love Irene." He looked serious. "We already noticed it. That's why we were trying to drop hints to you, but I guess you were confused because of Hyuna too."

    My heart dropped, I stared outside. There it goes, the plane holding My Joohyun, leaving me and my heart empty without her. I thought I knew what love is, but I was a fool. I kept looking at someone who doesn't really see my worth but you, you waited eventhough it took me a long time to finally see you but now you are gone.

 

 


SEULGI'S POV

    Irene-eonnie's departure left everyone in a state of shock. No one knows yet the reason behind her leaving. Jin-sunbaenim broke up with Hyuna afer finding out the truth. I wasn't there when it happened though. I just found out later.

    On that same day, I met up with Cornelia Jacques. 

    "So what's your decision?" She asked me.

    "I'll go, I'll train under you." I didn't know whether I should be happy or not that day. I was running towards my dream but I don't know how I was supposed to tell Hoseok. Going to Paris meant staying away from him for years. I know we can have a long distance relationship but I was afraid, afreaid of so many things tha will change after that.

    Everything was set. My things were ready, tickets and passport are already in my bag. My parents were sad and happy at the same time.

    "How about Hoseok? Will he send you away too?" My Dad stared at me waiting for my answer.

    "Aniyo. I can't tell him. I don't have the courage to break him like that." 

    "This happened to you before Seulgi. You should have learned. More than anything, not telling him will break him more." My Mom was holding my hand.

    I took out an envelope from my bag and handed it to her. "Please give this to him."

    We headed to the car and went to the airport where Cornelia Jacques was waiting for me.

HOSEOK'S POV

    I was excited. It was my solo stage and Seulgi will be watching. After days of practicing and handling the grief Jin hyung had after Irene-noona left the country, at last here is something worth releasing all my energy into. Goodbye negative vibes! Hello J-hope!

    Jaekyung-noona, our stylist got in the dressing room and started doing my hair. "So, Seulgi is coming tonight right? I'm excited to see how beautiful she is with the necklace you gave her. I haven't met her when you invited her to Big Hit."

    "Don't worry, Noona. You'll see her tonight. You won't be disappointed with the necklace you helped me pick because she looks super gorgeous with it on." I was constantly moving in my seat.

    "Stop being so excited Hobi. I can't fix your hair properly." Jaekyung noona reprimanded.

    "Haha! Mianhaeyo, Noona." I let her fix me properly and waited for my stage to come.

    I looked outside, to check whether Seulgi already arrived. It was a few minutes before my que is to start, but still I can't find her.

    "Noona, I can't find Seulgi."

    "She must be there amongst the crowd. You know there are a lot of people waatching. Maybe she is somewhere a bit covered. Get ready you are up next," Jaekyung noona said.

    I just let it go thinking that maybe Seulgi is somewhere I can't properly see her. I danced just like the way she told me to. I perfected the parts she said I made mistakes and gave my best in it. I even got a standing ovation and praises for it. I kept looking for her in the crowd but I saw someone I wasn't expecting.

    "Abbeoji..." I walked towards him, Seulgi's dad. I bowed and spoke up, "Wow, its great to see you, Abbeoji."

    "You looked amazing on stage a while ago. Impressive." He complimented.

    "Kamsahamnida. I practiced it with Seulgi, actually. She was the one who critiqued on that dance. By the way, where is she, Abbeoji? I was expecting for her to sit in front of the stage, but I didn't see her." I said.

    "Actually, Hoseok. I came here for that." He started. He looked down and I was starting to feel that something bad was about to come. "She wanted me to give you this." And he handed me an envelope and as I opened it Seulgi's handwriting came into view.
*******

Hello Everyone. This ends the first part of my story. Please look forward to the next part. There will be additional casts. Thanks! and continue supporting My Heart!