Dinner Date

Tamed

Seulgi felt queasy looking at the plate of fried rice in front of her. Because of a certain singer, the girl had been patronizing her restaurant almost every day just to get a glimpse of Wendy. Swallowing her discomfort, Seulgi pushed the fried rice further away from her and instead focused on the girl singing below. Looking at the crowd from the VIP room on the second floor, Seulgi was displeased to note that the number of guys in the restaurant was almost tripled that of the number of women in the restaurant. What made her even more pissed was how most of the guys had a love struck look while looking at the singer.

 

Seulgi clicked her tongue and folded her arms. All those losers downstairs don’t stand a chance when the legendary Kang Seulgi strikes. Standing up straight, Seulgi smoothened out her shirt and went outside of the restaurant to wait for Wendy. The latter emerged a few minutes later, with bouquets of flowers in her arms threatening to overflow from her arms and a few guys following her, hitting on the girl.

 

“Wendy-ssi, do you want to go out with me? I can give you a ride home!” Many others echoed comments along that line, jostling and hustling to get closer to the said girl.

 

Seulgi shook her head and squeezed through the crowd surrounding Wendy, taking most of the bouquets in her arms and held the girl by the waist. The crowd pulled back a little after seeing Seulgi’s menacing smile. Giving a small nod as thanks to the crowd for dispersing while still having the menacing smile, Seulgi pulled Wendy towards her car. The former could feel the sense of disappointment of the crowd and smirked. She knew just the way to kill their hopes even more.

 

Helping Wendy to open the car door, Seulgi placed her hand on the car’s bonnet so that Wendy wouldn’t bang her head against it. After settling in the car, the older girl smirked and leaned over to Wendy’s side to help her buckle her seatbelt.

 

“It’s… okay, I… can do it by myself.” Wendy mumbled, face burning.

 

“Don’t worry; I’m doing it more for the people outside than for you. That should chase them away.” Doing her own seatbelt, Seulgi revved the engine and started the car. “So… mind telling me where you stay? I will give you a ride back.”

 

“I don’t want to trouble you any longer, so you can just drop me off at the bus stop in front.” Wendy said.

 

“That group of people is going to be there waiting for you. What’s the point of saving you just to throw you back into their clutches? Besides, you are already on my car and it’s going to be an even bigger trouble to unload all your flowers at the back.” Seulgi pointed at the backseat of the car.

 

After thinking for a while, Wendy relented. “I’ll just give you directions.”

 

--

 

Seulgi was too busy moving the bouquets out of the car to notice Wendy’s nervousness. Arranging the bouquets of flowers in a box, Seulgi passed the box to the younger girl and watched as she struggled with the weight of the box. Seulgi could barely see the shorter girl over the mountain of bouquets and she found herself smiling at how the girl was so small that even a few bouquets could engulf her. Seulgi was glad that the mountain prevented Wendy from seeing the stupid smile she had on her face.

 

“Sorry for the trouble. And really thank you for saving me again.” Wendy said, her voice trembling under the weight of all the flowers.

 

Seulgi laughed. “If you really want to thank me then,” she placed her hands on her chin, “treat me to a meal!”

 

“If you don’t mind, then I'm fine with it too.”

 

“Why would I mind when I get to have a meal with such a talented and pretty lady?”

 

At that moment, Wendy was just glad that the mountain of bouquets helped cover her blush from Seulgi.

 

“But I think,” Seulgi continued, “the most important thing now is for you to go home and put down this box of flowers.”

 

Placing a piece of paper on the box of flowers, Seulgi pushed Wendy towards the lobby of her apartment. “Call me.”

 

--

 

Seulgi looked at Wendy as she belted out song after song for the evening. Finally, the last song ended and Wendy bowed to the largely male audience screaming and howling her name, requesting for an encore. Making her way down the stage quickly, the new manager met her at the bottom of the stage, ushering her up the stairs to the second floor VIP room.

 

“Miss Kang is waiting for you upstairs, Wendy-ssi.” The manager said.

 

Wendy bowed and made her way up the stairs, seeing Seulgi peeking down at her even when she hasn’t reached the second floor. Clapping her hands, Seulgi gave her trademark teddy bear smile. “Good job as always.”

 

“You are too nice, but thank you.” Wendy smiled as she walked alongside Seulgi into the VIP room.

 

Wendy had worked in Seulgi’s restaurant for nearly a year now and the former had yet to try the food served in the restaurant. Thinking it would be good to have dinner with Seulgi at where they first met while trying out the food at the restaurant she had been working in for almost a year, Wendy set the dinner date in Seulgi’s restaurant. Looking at the menu and the prices, Wendy wasn’t sure that it was a good idea anymore.

 

“So… what do you want to get?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Ummmm…” Scanning through the menu for the cheapest dish, Wendy said, “I will have the omelet. You?”

 

Seulgi held up her menu higher to hide a knowing smile. Not answering Wendy’s question, Seulgi asked, “Is there anything you don’t eat?”

 

Wendy frowned. “Insects, dogs, monkeys etc. I don’t eat anything that’s not generic.”

 

Seulgi laughed. “Okay then.” Waving her hands to get the waiter’s attention, Seulgi ordered, “I want a bottle of champagne, two cream of mushroom soup and the sirloin steak, I want mine to be well done and Wendy?”

 

Wendy was confused. “But I want the ome…”

 

Seulgi interrupted. “I think she wants it to be well-done too. I think that will be… Oh and also a bottle of my favorite champagne. That will be all, thank you.”

 

The waiter nodded and made his way out. Seulgi stared at how Wendy was now sweating and trembling like crazy and she smiled.

 

“It’s okay, I will get the bill today, and you can get it the next time round.”

 

“No!” Wendy retorted, a little too loudly that Seulgi raised her eyebrows, amused. “I mean… I thought we have already concluded that it’s my treat today.”

 

“No we didn’t.” Seulgi smiled. “Just let me worry about the bill okay?”

 

--

 

After the meal, Seulgi pulled out Wendy’s chair and beckoned for the latter to follow her. “Let’s go, I will give you a ride home.”

 

Before Wendy could protest, Seulgi beat her to it. “Let me get the bill this time. You can do it the next time.”

 

Looking at how Wendy won’t be moving from her spot unless she does something, Seulgi held the other girl’s hand and pulled her towards the exit. “Come on now.”

 

Seulgi could feel the other girl flinch at the sudden contact, but she only felt on tighter, looking forward to hide the excited smile on her face from Wendy. Wendy flinched initially, but held Seulgi’s hand back as she followed the older girl to her car, all the way blushing like a tomato.

 

--

 

“I owe you one again.” Wendy said, standing at the gate to her apartment block.

 

Seulgi shrugged. “You can take your time to return it slowly. Besides, I want to see you more often.”

 

Wendy blushed and looked down at the floor in embarrassment. Just then, a loud shout broke the comfortable silence between the two. “Wan-unnie!”

 

A girl ran up and engulfed Wendy in a tight hug, oblivious to Seulgi who was looking at the two in amusement and slight jealousy.

 

“Ommfffpp. What’s up Sooyoung-ah and why are you home so late?” Wendy’s tone turned stern as she pulled away from the younger girl’s embrace.

 

“Hehe Sehun asked me out to eat at the new chicken restaurant. I couldn’t resist.” Finally noticing the presence of Seulgi, Sooyoung cocked her head towards Seulgi, staring at the older girl curiously.

 

“Ah, Sooyoung, this is Seulgi. Seulgi, this is Sooyoung, my housemate.” Wendy introduced.

 

“Ohh so you are that Kang Seulgi that ompfff…” Sooyoung’s voice was muffled as Wendy placed a hand over the younger girl’s mouth.

 

“Ahahaha you must be tired after being out for the whole day let’s go home now. Bye Seulgi!” Wendy said as she dragged Joy along.

 

Seulgi stared incredulously at the two and couldn’t help but stifle a laugh. Wendy is indeed intriguing.

 

--

 

Joy knew she is in some deep just because she couldn’t control her big mouth again. Staring at the fuming Wendy in front of her, the younger girl tried to put on her best puppy eyes, pouted and tugged at Wendy’s arms slightly.

 

“Unnie, please forgive me.” The younger girl whined.

 

“Park Sooyoung I trusted you! How could you just reveal my secret like that!” Wendy screamed while flinging Joy’s hands away.

 

“Well, I didn’t tell her that you kinda like her, in the end.” Joy pointed out.

 

“Well, that’s cos I stopped you before you could.”

 

Joy sighed. “Look unnie I’m sorry okay I really didn’t meant to. It must be all the alcohol that…” Realizing what she revealed, her eyes widened and stared Wendy, whose glare turned from anger to murderous.

 

“You little rascal who gave you the permission to drink?!”

 

Joy exaggerated a yawn. “BYE UNNIE I SUDDENLY FEEL SO TIRED.” The younger girl immediately bolted for her room and Wendy could hear the door locked from the inside. Running to the younger girl’s room, Wendy banged loudly on the door.

 

“This conversation is not over Park Sooyoung! You are so going to get it from me tomorrow!”

 

A/N: Haha I know, our evil maknae is actually legal already but being the same age as Joy, I still think that my parents wouldn't like it if I actually drink :P

So as always, please leave comments/criticism etc! :)