Bears, Dates and Cakes

Tamed

Wendy snuggled tighter into Seul-bear’s embrace until she realized the teddy bear was a little… different today. For one, the bear was actually hugging her back, two, the bear felt a little less furry and a little warmer and lastly, she could feel the teddy bear’s rhythmic breathing. But... teddy bears do not breathe. Shooting awake, she pulled herself away from the bear’s embrace. She was sleeping with a bear alright, not a teddy bear, but a human bear, Kang Seulgi.

 

Finally getting her bearings back, she laid back down on Seulgi’s arm (which had been her pillow for the whole night) and stared at the slightly older girl while tugging some loose strands of hair behind her ear. Wendy doesn’t know how Seulgi does it, but the latter just looks so gorgeous even when she’s sleeping. Heck, Seulgi can be bald and without eyebrows but Wendy would still think she’s gorgeous. Placing her hand on Seulgi’s face, she started to trace the taller girl’s jawline slowly. She could get used to this view every morning.

 

She was so engrossed in staring at Seulgi that it was only when the girl’s eyelids fluttered open that Wendy realized the girl was stirring awake. Hastily retracting her hands, she watched as Seulgi broke out in a yawn, then pulling her closer. She gave a small yelp at the sudden movement, but snuggled into the crook of the taller girl’s neck. At this proximity, Wendy could feel the other girl’s heart beating, feel the other girl’s breaths hitting against her scalp and her lips planting a small, chaste kiss on her forehead. “Good morning sunshine.”

 

Wendy was so sure her face was beet red now, and it’s a relief to know that her face was hidden from view because of the position they were in. “Good morning.” She replied, drawing circles on Seulgi’s back with her hands. She could feel Seulgi’s lips spreading into a smile on her forehead, placing her chin on her head before running her fingers through her hair. They stayed in that position for a long time (but still not long enough for Wendy), only to have Joy ruin their moment by barging into the room.

 

“HI UNNIES WE DIDN’T COME TO JEJU ISLAND TO SLEEP!” The youngest girl charged into the room, Irene peeking in from behind Joy. Looking at the two’s really intimate position, Irene immediately covered Joy’s eyes. “Woah, woah, what is this R21 stuff going on here?”

 

“Please unnie, they are both fully clothed how is that R21!” Joy swatted away Irene’s hands. “But I must say that this is a very intimate position to be in…”

 

“That’s why give them some space you idiot!” Irene said while pulling Joy out of the room by the ear. “See you guys down in the hall in 15 minutes!”

 

The door slammed shut and they could hear the bickering couple getting further and further away. Seulgi chuckled before pulling away from Wendy slightly. “Well as much as I want to stay in bed and cuddle all day, those two pests won’t be allowing that to happen so we should go and wash up now.”

 

Wendy nodded and Seulgi could only give a small smile before leaping up in glee towards the toilet. “I’m going to wash up first!”

 

“Yah, that’s not fair!” Wendy retorted, clambering after the taller girl.

 

--

 

Seulgi groaned in exasperation as she stood outside the teddy bear museum. She can’t believe she’s losing cuddling time with Wendy just for a stupid trip to the damn teddy bear museum. Not that she dislike them, but she just doesn’t have a particular liking for them and if she wanted to see one, she could just look into the mirror and not run to this place and pay to watch them. Sighing, she watched as the other couple walked ahead, totally absorbed with the different bears. Turning her attention to Wendy, she noticed that the girl was also enjoying herself, looking fascinatedly at all the bears on display, eyebrows lifted in excitement. She smiled at the sight, maybe it wasn’t that bad of an idea to come to the museum after all.

 

She just followed behind Wendy and watched as Irene and Joy walked ahead, hand in hand, then turning to look at Wendy’s hand at her side. Wiping her hands on her jeans as she walked nearer to Wendy, Seulgi didn’t know why she was so nervous. It wasn’t her first time holding hands with Wendy, heck they have even shared the same bed and cuddled this morning, so Seulgi doesn’t understand where this sudden nervousness is coming from. Taking a deep breath, she nimbly slipped her hand and entwined them with Wendy’s. She heard a gasp from Wendy, but the girl didn’t let go nor pushed her away, and instead she felt the girl tightening her grip. Seulgi was sure she had a stupid grin on her face now.

 

Their hands were still connected when the four ended up at the last stop in the museum, the shop where you can customize a bear of your choice. Irene and Joy had gone off, determining to make a bear as similar to the other person as possible, leaving Seulgi and Wendy to walk around the store. Seulgi watched as Wendy looked at the bears on display fondly, sometimes stretching out to a few of the bears.

 

“Do you want anything?” Seulgi asked and Wendy responded with a shake of her head, to the former’s surprise. “Why not?”

 

“You have already given me a lot of bears.” Wendy’s free hand shot up to play with the bear necklace hanging around her neck.

 

“I’m glad you know.” Seulgi joked and Wendy sulked, hitting the former by the arm, and then naturally linking her arm with Seulgi’s. Seulgi could feel her stomach somersaulting, and her body totally stiffening up at the sudden skin ship. She wasn’t really a fan of skin ship, and even then during the previous times where they held hands, she was the one initiating it so she was ready for it, but this one came so suddenly that it surprised her and threw her off a little. She didn’t know what to do with her arm; does she just leave it at the side limply or hold it up so that their arms are hooked? (She decided to keep her hands in her jacket pocket in the end.)

 

--

 

After a long battle between Joy and Irene of ‘whose-bear-looked-more-alike-to-my-girlfriend’ (which ended with no conclusive results), they were at the beach near the hotel, just enjoying the scenery and breeze. Taking off their shoes, they walked in knee-high water, pants pulled up, making sure their clothing don’t get wet. That was until Irene decided to kick the water, splashing water all over the other three. Quickly running away, Seulgi and Wendy now stood at a safe distance from the other two as they watched Joy and Irene continue to splash water at each other.

 

“Aish those crazy s, aren’t they cold?!” Seulgi grumbled, trying to dry herself off by dusting her shirt. Wendy chuckled, before tugging a stray strand of hair behind the bear’s ear. “Shouldn’t you have gotten used to it by now?”

 

Seulgi sighed, but a small smile was playing on her lips. “Remind me to re-evaluate my friend choices.”

 

The two just stood there and watched the other couple for a few minutes before Seulgi shrugged off her jacket, placing it on the sand. Sitting on half of the jacket, she patted the space beside her, urging Wendy to join her. Wendy sat down, cross legged and a little too close to Seulgi, and the latter thinks that this should be the first time she actually liked it when her personal space gets invaded. She felt Wendy leaning her head against her shoulder, and Seulgi decided that she actually liked all the sudden skin skip initiated by Wendy. Leaning her own head against Wendy’s, she reached down to interlink her hand with the other girl and they just sat in comfortable silence, watching the sun set, coloring the sky a pretty shade of orange.

 

--

 

Seulgi’s eye twitched as she looked at the food right in front of her. She knew it was a bad idea to leave the ordering of room service to Joy as she watched the service staff filled up their dining table with food enough to hold a party for at least 20 people. She plopped down on the couch beside the nonchalant looking Irene, rubbing her temples to stop an incoming headache. “Unnie… I thought I told you to control her.”

 

“How can she, right my favorite unnie in the world?” Joy said, her tone higher than normal, settling herself on the other side of Irene, giving the older girl a peck on the cheek. Irene tilted her head towards Joy, as if saying, “See, how could I reject that” and giving an apologetic look to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi sighed and threw her head back in defeat, only to see Wendy making her way down the stairs towards them. Wendy’s eyebrows were lifted in horror, before her eyes narrowed and she directed her attention at the youngest girl. “Sooyoung…” She warned.

 

“I know, I know, I won’t do it again, I promise!” Joy said as she immediately went to Wendy, putting on her best puppy dog eye look while frowning.

 

“Says the one who ordered enough pizza to last us for one week.” Wendy said, shaking her head. Seulgi looked at Joy, flabbergasted, while Irene had a look of disbelief on her face.

 

“Well good luck to you mate,” Seulgi said while pulling Irene’s hand for a handshake, “you are going to have a hell of a time trying to feed her.” And ran before Irene could retaliate.

 

--

 

Seulgi really thought her stomach was going to burst from all the food. She stuffed herself silly in a vain attempt to try to finish the food, but it obviously didn’t work. Leaning back in her chair, she burped and was met with three disgusted looks.

 

“Gross.” Irene commented.

 

“What. It’s a natural process of life. Have you never burped in your life?” Seulgi retorted.

 

“I have, but just not so loudly and rudely.”

 

“Well then you are missing out of life.”

 

The doorbell rang, effectively stopping the argument between the two. “I will get it!” Wendy said, too excited, as if a parcel she had been waiting for months had finally arrived through the mail. They could hear the door opening, and hushed greeting exchanged between the person outside and Wendy before the light switch was flipped and the whole suite was engulfed in darkness. Seulgi heard Joy’s and Irene’s surprised yelp, before turning towards the door to see Wendy walking in with a cake, lighted up with candles.

 

“Happy birthday to you,” Wendy started singing.

 

“Happy birthday to you,” she could hear Joy and Irene joining in, clapping their hands.

 

“Happy birthday to Seulgi~”

 

“Happy birthday to you!” The song ended and Wendy was right in front of her, holding the cake up to her. Seulgi could only stare at Wendy, still in shock. How is it that the girl still looked so perfect even when Seulgi could barely see her over the weak illumination of the candles? Her thoughts were broken by Wendy’s gentle whisper of ‘Make a wish.’ Clasping her hands together, Seulgi closed her eyes, and then blew out the candles to Irene and Joy’s applause.

 

“Great, can we turn the lights back on now?” Joy asked, voice timid.

 

“You go then.” Irene’s voice rang out.

 

“No! Let’s go together, I’m scared!” Seulgi could hear Irene’s grumble about how she was scared too, but she heard two chairs dragging across the floor and could vaguely make out the two figures making their way towards the doorway.

 

Her eyes had gotten used to the dark, and she could see Wendy placing the cake down on the table and she didn’t know how or where she got the sudden courage from, maybe it was the gratefulness from the sudden celebration, or maybe it was because it was dark, but Seulgi found herself closing the gap between her and Wendy, one hand slipping to cup Wendy’s face and another to her waist and finally, the distance was no more as their lips met.

 

Seulgi pulled away first, forehead still on Wendy’s. “Thank you.”

 

She could feel Wendy’s uneven breaths hitting her as she spoke. “What did you wish for?”

 

“It wouldn’t come true if I told you though.” Seulgi replied cheekily, refusing to divulge her wish. She could see Wendy pouting, and she leaned in to kiss the pout away, pulling away just when the lights came on again.

 

“I wish that you will always be around for me.”

 

A/N: KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHA.

cute. very cute. absolutely adorable. (haha sorry for self-praise)

dk whether you guys are interested but the awkward arm hooking thing was inspired by yongseo lol and the burping part is actually me irl and i always get judged by my friends for doing that sigh haha

probably 4/5 more chapters to the end so pls do stay till the end!! :)

p.s: next chapter hohohohoohohoho