Marriage

Tamed

“Hmm okay Jungok, 5 more minutes.” Seulgi grumbles, burying her head deeper into the pillow. Jungok’s nervous mumble rattles on and Seulgi couldn’t make sense of it, until she hears the word ‘marriage ceremony’. Shooting up, she stares at Jungok, who is already in a suit, then at the time on the clock. 9.30?! Irene’s going to have her head.

 

She reaches the wedding venue with 5 minutes to spare. Rushing into the waiting area at the back of the venue, she sees Wendy coming out from one room, shaking her head at Seulgi. “Way to go Kang Seulgi, you are not even the main character and you are late.”

 

“Well, I’m pretty important cos I have the r…” Seulgi’s eyes widens in shock. “, the rings!”

 

Wendy face palms as she plops the ring box onto Seulgi’s hands. Seulgi smiles sheepishly at her as she opens the box to inspect the rings, before closing it, satisfied. Wendy tugs a loose strand of hair back into Seulgi’s messy bun, trying to do her best to salvage the last minute hairdo. “What are you going to do without me seriously…”

 

“That’s why you have to stay with me and take care of me then!” Seulgi says, ruffling her head against Wendy’s shoulders, before pecking her on the cheeks and running into Irene’s room.

 

--

 

The first thing that greets Seulgi at the door is Irene’s flying high heel which would have hit her if not for her lightning fast reflexes that helped her to catch the shoe 1millimeter away from impact with her face.

 

“I love you too, Unnie!” Seulgi says in a mock aegyo voice as she makes her way closer to the fuming girl. She even makes it a point to put on the shoe for Irene, wondering how on earth the girl had taken it off so quickly, buckle and all to throw it at her. “Geez you need to stop being such an old grumpy badger, loosen up would you!!”

 

Irene lands a knuckle on Seulgi anyway, causing the latter to flinch away in pain. “Why can’t you be like reliable Seungwan who had accompanied Joy throughout the whole morning?”

 

“Wow thanks for stepping on me even on your wedding day but I’m going to forgive you because you praised my perfect girlfriend.” Seulgi says while rubbing her head. Irene rolls her eyes and waves Seulgi off. “Go and fulfil your best woman duty you whipped a-hole.”

 

Not listening to Irene, Seulgi steps closer, meddling with the veil on her head and then puffing out the dress on Irene. Engulfing Irene in a hug, Seulgi smiles, even though the older girl can’t see it. “I’m so happy for you Unnie. Don’t forget your best friend over here after you get married!”

 

Seulgi pulls away and Irene looks at her with a grateful smile. Sometimes, words aren’t needed in a communication between best friends. Seulgi grins, eye disappearing into a line, before waving and hopping out of the room to assume her ‘best woman duties’.

 

--

 

Seulgi places the rings on the ring pillow in front of the stage, giving a small nod to acknowledge the officiant waiting on the stage. Walking down the side corridor to get back to the waiting room, she spots familiar faces, all from the different companies just gathered here to celebrate this wedding. Or gloat because Bae Corporations’ only heir is marrying a useless link who will be of no help in expanding their empire. Seulgi feels herself sweating when she feels how the other heirs are looking at her like a hyena looking at its prey. With Seulgi taking charge of the company now, the other heirs are now paying attention to her, hoping to get a good ‘business partnership’ with her using marriage.

 

She shivers and quickly shuffles back to the waiting room with her head down, banging into Wendy in the corridor. Seulgi immediately catches the girl by the waist just in time to avoid her falling to the floor. “I’m so sorry!” Seulgi looks up as she brings Wendy back up to her upright standing position. “You okay?”

 

Wendy nods and Seulgi releases the protective arm around the former’s waist. “Are you?” Wendy asks, Seulgi’s pale face worrying her. The latter shakes her head. “Nothing to worry about.”

 

Wendy does not probe any further but kisses Seulgi on her cheeks, which immediately brings a smile to the bear’s face. “Can I have more?”

 

Wendy hits her on the shoulders teasingly, removing herself from Seulgi’s embrace before hurrying off for some more last minute checks. Seulgi finds herself smiling while looking at her girlfriend’s back view. Turning to look at the crowd, she sees that the other heirs sitting outside have disapproving frowns on their faces. Seulgi chuckles before heading back to Irene’s waiting room.

 

--

 

Irene walks out from the waiting room with her arms linked with her father’s, face immediately lifting in a smile when she sees Joy coming out from the waiting room opposite. A similar smile is mirrored on Joy’s face, the younger girl looking bashfully towards the ground. She has seen Joy in her wedding dress during the fitting sessions, but now that it’s the actual thing, she feels that the girl literally shines today. She wants to tell the younger girl that she’s pretty, but is too far away with their fathers in between them at the moment. That can wait.

 

Seulgi and Wendy steps forward, both opening one side of the double doors leading to the wedding venue. Seulgi has a small smile on her face, while Wendy’s cheekbones seem to be popping out with all the smiling she’s doing, eyes sparkling with happiness. The lights dim, only focusing on the two pair of fathers and daughters as they walk into the hall with mist blowing out from the sides.

 

They stop right in front of the platform, and Irene’s father removes her arm from his. Stepping away from her daughter, he smiles tenderly and places her hand out, the two girls then automatically entwining their hands. The two fathers step away, and Irene finally gets to be close to Joy after the whole morning. Joy looks even more stunning from up close.

 

“You look beautiful.”  Joy blushes, and Irene thinks she looks even more beautiful.

 

“You too.” Joy replies; and the two turn to face the officiant, who is smiling at them.

 

“Today, we are here to witness the union of the couple, Irene and Joy.” The officiant announces, and continues droning on of what is required of him. Irene just stares at him, not believing that this is really happening. It is like how she has imagined, big wedding hall while she walks down the aisle with her prince charming, Seulgi at her side as her bridesmaid. The only difference now, is that instead of a prince charming, she has gotten the princess instead. And she wouldn’t want to have it any other way.

 

The officiant calls out her name, and Irene shakes herself out from the daydream she was having, focusing on him. “Bae Joohyun, do you take Park Sooyoung to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?”

 

Bae Joohyun looks resolutely at Park Sooyoung while squeezing her hand. “I do.”

 

“Park Sooyoung, do you take Bae Joohyun to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?”

 

Park Sooyoung stutters in nervousness, “I-I do.”

 

The officiant chuckles. “You may now exchange rings.”

 

Seulgi steps forward with the ring pillow, and Irene takes Joy’s ring from it, chuckling as the younger girl held out a shaking hand. Holding her hand tightly, she slips the ring onto her finger. “Relax,” she coos, trying to make Joy calm down. Joy just smiles nervously before helping Irene with her ring.

 

“You may now kiss.”

 

Irene helps Joy with her veil first, before Joy removes Irene’s veil with her shaking hands. Irene swops in, kissing Joy deeply, which brings a round of raucous roars from the people in the hall. The officiant smiles and claps his hands together. “Ladies and gentleman, may I present to you, the newlyweds.”

 

They turn to bow to the crowd and Irene smiles contentedly as she looks at the crowd, then Joy. “I love you Park Sooyoung.”

 

“I love you too, Bae Joohyun.”

 

--

 

Wendy helps Joy back to the waiting room for a change of clothes and as the younger girl sits at the table with make-up artists hovering around her, Wendy takes the seat beside her and stares at her with renewed interest. “What?” Joy asks and Wendy smiles.

 

“How does your big day feel?”

 

“Surreal.”

 

Wendy chuckles. “I bet. You were a nervous wreck out there.”

 

Joy reaches out and pushes Wendy gently for her teasing. “Wait till it’s your turn.”

 

Wendy blushes at the thought and it is her turn to push Joy back. When she doesn’t reply, Joy prompts again. “Do you want to?”

 

“Well, I can’t get married by myself, right?”

 

“I’m sure Seulgi will be very willing.” Joy teases and laughs as Wendy blushes two shades darker, burying her face in her palms.

 

--

 

The crowd is already thinning, and Irene and Joy finds themselves taking photos with the few that has bothered to stay behind. Wendy stays near the couple, ready to jump in if she’s needed. She watches the couple as they laugh and receive congratulations from the guests, and she finds herself wondering how it would be like to be in their shoes. Maybe she should say something to Seulgi about it, after all.

 

She watches as Irene’s face stiffen when another guest approach them, smiling with a glint in her eyes that Wendy doesn’t like. Irene shakes the guest’s hand curtly and greets her briefly. “Thanks for coming, Yewon-ssi.”

 

“No problem, of course I have to come and see who is marrying the heir of the almighty Bae Corporations.” She looks at Joy in contempt. “Turns out it wasn’t someone worth my time.”

 

Joy has one of her eyebrows lifted and Irene tightens her grip on the younger girl’s hand. “If you have nothing nice to say, I suggest you leave right now.”

 

“Pfft, of course, I wouldn’t want to stay even if you asked me to. And you should have gotten a better bridesmaid if the other bridesmaid is Seulgi.” Yewon says while looking alternately at Joy and Wendy. “Someone like me would be better as a partner for Seulgi.”

 

“I don’t think so though.” Everyone reels around and Seulgi walks in, looking at Yewon with skepticism on her face. Seulgi walks closer to Wendy, holding the girl’s hand and making sure the other woman sees it. “My girlfriend here is definitely a much better partner than you, Yewon-ssi.”

 

“Fine by me if you want to marry a weak link like your best friend.” Yewon says smugly.

 

“From what I have heard, Kim Entertainment doesn’t seem to be doing too well either. Maybe you should focus on working hard instead of trying to fish for a partner here.” Seulgi says straightforwardly, which causes Yewon to turn red in embarrassment, immediately turning to leave. The four laughs at her and Seulgi throws the car keys back to Irene. “I drove the car up already. Enjoy your honeymoon!”

 

“Thanks buddy! I hope it’s your turn when we come back.” Irene says suggestively while moving her eyebrows as she walks out with Joy in toll. Seulgi turns to look at Wendy, who is looking everywhere but at her. She chuckles as she envelops Wendy in a hug, shouting, “Don’t worry!”

 

“Y-yah, everyone is watching.” Wendy says as she tries to struggle out of Seulgi’s embrace. She fails but Seulgi lets her go, holding onto her waist. “Well you have to get used to it then, people are going to do that too when it’s our turn.”

 

Wendy hits Seulgi on the shoulders. “Who says I’m marrying you?”

 

Seulgi frowns and pouts. “Aww man, then I will have to go and call Yewon back then.”

 

“Call her then.” But Seulgi has no intentions of moving away and she just leans in and pecks Wendy on her cheek. “But I don’t want to. Because you are the only one I want to marry.”

 

Wendy wrinkles her nose and pokes Seulgi's cheek playfully. “Me too.”

 

A/N: IT'S A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DUMB TO DO

HEY BABY I THINK I WANNA MARRY YOU 

hahahahaha fluff left right up down center asdfghjkl

probably 2/3 more!! till the next update!