Stuffed Toys (2/2)

Tamed

Closing the door to her apartment, Wendy flopped onto the sofa and screamed into the pillow while thrashing around on the couch. Maybe all the rollercoasters they had taken just now had awaken the courage in her to make her do such a thing. She still couldn’t believe her own actions, and she didn’t know whether to be amazed or terrified at what she has done. Pulling the bear into her embrace, she asked, “Seulbear-ah what have I done… What do I do when I see her again? Oh my gosh it’s going to be so awkward!”

 

--

 

After the kiss the other time, Wendy hasn’t seen Seulgi for a month now. The older girl wasn’t patronizing Wendy’s live band anymore and she hasn’t texted her nor replied to Wendy’s texts. It’s as if Seulgi had disappeared off the face of the earth or something. Sighing, Wendy couldn’t get the bear-like girl out of her head as she began to arrange the stuff on the table.

 

“Hey girl put a smile on that face, no one is going to come and patronize our store with your gloom stricken face.” Krystal said as she began to stick the balloons on a cardboard.

 

Ironically, Wendy’s school was having a bazaar today and the game their class was in charge of was the dart throwing game Seulgi had played with her at the amusement park the other time. Wendy forced a small smile on her face and rolled her eyes at Krystal after that. “Happy now?”

 

“I don’t know what you and like half of the school population like about Kang Seulgi. And how you, knowing about Kang’s reputation, still want to plunge head first into this relationship.” Krystal said, shaking her head.

 

Wendy shrugged. “Who knows?”

 

“I mean why don’t you just give a chance to Taehyun? He’s been chasing you for like forever, just stop playing hard to get and go out with him.”

 

“I just… don’t think of Taehyun in that way…” Wendy said exasperatedly.

 

“Then I will make you think of me that way.” Like speaking of the devil, the devil himself appeared, pushing a cup of beverage into Wendy’s hands. “Hot chocolate to warm up your hands, and hopefully your heart too.”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes as she shook her head while Wendy cringed as she accepted the drink, albeit reluctantly. “Look Taehyun-ah, I just…”

 

“Shhh,” Taehyun said as he placed a finger on Wendy’s lips and shook his head. “Don’t say it please. Don’t reject me yet when I haven’t even confessed.”

 

Krystal grimaced at the drama-like situation in front of her as she tried to focus on her work. “Why don’t you cut all the mushy talk and win the grand prize for her? She really likes the Olaf soft toy there.”

 

Taehyun looked at where Krystal was pointing and there was a really big Olaf snowman stuff toy dangling in the air, held up by strings. Turning back to look at Wendy, he smirked. “Consider it done.”

 

After what seemed like the 1000th try, Taehyun wasn’t even close to winning the stuffed toy. Exasperated, he stole a glance at Wendy, and noticed how her eyes twinkled as she waved into the distance. Following her gaze, he saw Wendy’s housemate, along with two other girls he hasn’t seen before.

 

“Sorry for being late, Wan-unnie! I invited Seulgi-unnie but we took quite a bit of time trying to find each other in the crowd.” Joy said sheepishly.

 

Seulgi and Irene bowed and introductions were made. Krystal nudged and whispered into Wendy’s ear, “Seeing the Kang-bear up close like that, I can understand why you are heads over heels for her. The girl is hot, man.”

 

Wendy rolled her eyes at Krystal as she lightly shoved her friend. “Just admire. Don’t even think about progressing past that.”

 

Krystal clicked her tongue. “Fine, fine Miss Jealous.”

 

The two looked at their topic of conversation and noticed she was staring at them interestingly with a small smile. Krystal leaned forward and winked at the girl. “Why don’t you try your hand out at our game? Maybe you can win something.”

 

Seulgi chuckled. “I will feel bad if I just take away the grand prize so easily.”

 

“That will be what Wendy wants though; she really likes the Olaf stuffed toy.”

 

Seulgi looked at Wendy, seemingly for confirmation. Wendy returned Seulgi’s gaze with a slight nod. Seulgi smiled. “What’s with you and stuffed toys?”

 

“I don’t know; I just happened to like it okay…” Wendy said, playing with her fingers.

 

“Well, if you like it then I will have no choice but to win it.” Seulgi shrugged and was about to pull out her wallet when Taehyun spoke out.

 

“There’s no need for that, I will win it for her.”

 

Seulgi stared at Taehyun with a bemused look. “As someone who is pursuing Wendy, I will be responsible for winning the Olaf toy for her.”

 

Seulgi’s reaction was unexpectedly calm, nodding with a ‘not-bad’ face and stepping back, hands gesturing towards the board, seemingly asking him to continue. The party watched as Taehyun threw dart after dart after dart with no reward. He was practically hitting nothing, only bursting a few balloons if he was lucky. Seulgi shook her head as she looked on at the guy in sympathy.

 

“You guys will probably earn a lot more because of him.” Seulgi winced in pain as she watched him fail another turn and slap another dollar down for another turn.

 

Krystal shrugged nonchalantly and Wendy was too busy fighting the cold to bother about the guy. Frowning at Wendy who seemed to be shivering, Seulgi grabbed the former’s hands, only to feel as if she touched a block of ice.

 

“What the…” Seulgi immediately took off her down jacket and held it out, egging Wendy to wear it. The latter slipped into the jacket gratefully and Seulgi zipped the jacket all the way up once Wendy was snug in it. Pulling and stuffing the younger girl’s hands into the jacket’s pockets, Seulgi smiled. “Use the heat packs inside.”

 

Wendy could only nod as a response. Seulgi the younger girl’s hair before turning her attention to Taehyun, then Krystal. “Aren’t you guys closing soon?”

 

“Yeah but this stubborn prick isn’t letting me do that cos he wants to win the damn toy.” Krystal lamented.

 

Seulgi took out a bill and placed it into the money box. “I’m buying the last game.”

 

Just then, Taehyun finished his unsuccessful turn and was about to slap another note on the table when Krystal stopped him. “Sorry, Kang over here has bought the last game.”

 

The interaction between Seulgi and Wendy at the back didn’t escape him. Crossing his arms and fuming with jealousy, he stood to the side. “Fine. Let’s see how good you are then.”

 

“Keep your eyes wide open. Magicians don’t perform the same trick twice.” Seulgi smirked. Like magic, she hit every single target with every one throw of her dart. Irene and Joy cheered and clapped loudly while Krystal and Taehyun were shocked silent. Cutting the string holding onto Olaf, Wendy held it out for Seulgi.

 

The older girl looked amusedly at the younger girl. “Keep it. I won it for you.”

 

Seulgi pushed the doll towards Wendy and placed an arm around the girl. “Now, let’s get indoors and warm up!”

 

--

 

Seulgi tried to tune out Joy’s rattling but to no avail. The maknae had been going on and on about god knows what with Irene and it didn’t take an idiot to notice the maknae’s adoration for the oldest unnie. She had a heart to just ask Joy to shut up, but that would be rude considering how this was only the second time they have met. Sighing, she heard Wendy, who was beside her, chuckled.

 

“Sorry about Sooyoung, she can get really excited at times.”

 

“Isn’t she tired at all?” Seulgi grimaced.

 

“That’s why I gave her the English name, Joy. She really brings a lot of laughter and happiness to me.” Wendy smiled as she looked at Joy fondly.

 

A comfortable silence enveloped the two who were in the back of the car as they watched the friendly banter between the oldest unnie and the maknae. As the car pulled up to a stop in front of Wendy and Joy’s apartment block, Wendy spoke out.

 

“Are you… really going to give me this?” Wendy asked, shaking the Olaf in her hands.

 

“Of course. Or if you don’t want it I can always give it to Krystal.” Seulgi teased.

 

Wendy’s eyes narrowed as she hit the older girl on her arm lightly. The older girl chuckled.

 

“Let’s go, Wan-unnie!” Joy said as she closed the car door while looking at Irene who got off the car too.

 

“Okay coming!” Wendy turned to Seulgi and hugged the soft toy tightly, before placing it on the older girl’s lap. “I want you to have this. I already have Seul-bear which is like you, so it’s only fair if you have something that’s like me too, I guess?”

 

Seulgi laughed. Holding up the Olaf toy, she said, “How is a hug enough. Kiss it.”

 

Wendy did as she was told. Immediately, Seulgi took it and kissed the exact same spot Wendy did. The younger girl blushed and looked down while Seulgi was squealing inside at how cute the girl was. “Just so you know; I’m going to kiss snowman Seungwan here every night.”

 

Wendy’s head snapped towards Seulgi at the mention of her Korean name. “How do you…”

 

“Joy may bring a lot of happiness and laughter to you, but she has a loose lip.”

 

Wendy fumed as she stared at Joy, who was laughing with Irene outside the car. Clambering out of the car, she shouted, “PARK SOOYOUNG I’M SO GOING TO GET YOU!” 

 

A/N: sorry for the late update when I promised to update soon T___T

hopefully the length will make up for the lateness keke

seems like Seulgi is always giving Seungwan her jackets in this fic lolol.. 

thanks for all the subscribers, comments, etc and please leave more of it, i really want more feedback on my story :)