Birthday Present?

Tamed

Irene turned around only to spot a bear grinning stupidly while staring at her phone. She rolled her eyes and snorted, although the other girl was obviously oblivious to her actions. She asked Seulgi along to help her with her shopping, but the other girl had been playing more attention to her phone than to her for the whole duration of the shopping trip. Throwing a stalk of rose at the bear, she got a yelp and finally the bear’s undivided attention as she stared at her in disbelief.

 

“What was that for?!” Seulgi asked, rubbing the spot where the rose hit her.

 

“I asked you out to help me, not sit there looking like a love sick fool.”

 

“Well you handled it just fine by yourself!” Seulgi grumbled and took a closer look at her hand. “Look! The thorns cut me.”

 

“Serve you right. Should I get her sunflowers or roses?” Irene asked, holding up the two flowers in each hand.

 

“You should get her a rafflesia cos she smells like one.” Another flower flew towards Seulgi, which she managed to skillfully duck this time.

 

“Excuse me, your Wendy is the one that smells.” Irene retorted.

 

“Excuse you, please don’t insult my girlfriend!” Seulgi’s phone rang and her expression immediately softened after looking at the caller ID. Hastily picking up the call, Irene didn’t need to be a genius to figure out that the person on the line was Wendy.

 

“Hmm yep, see you later!” Seulgi replied, face instantly looking more radiant.

 

“Whipped.” Irene teased, which only earned her a glare from Seulgi.

 

“Says the one who is proposing to her girlfriend.”

 

Irene only shrugged.

 

“Why are you rushing things though? I mean it has not even been half a year and you already want to propose to her? Don’t you think it’s too fast?”

 

“Duration doesn’t mean anything. I just feel that Sooyoung is the one you know?” Irene struggled to put her feelings in words, but honestly, she didn’t have to because that’s exactly how Seulgi feels when she sees Wendy every single time.

 

Checking her phone, Seulgi got up with a groan from sitting for too long. “Well good luck to you then, I’m going off to pick Seungwan.”

 

“Go you annoying prick of no use.” Irene clicked her tongue, waving Seulgi off with the sunflower in her hand. Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Oh unnie, sunflowers are a better choice. It’s bright, just like Joy.”

 

--

 

Wendy didn’t believe Krystal when the latter told her a limousine pulled up in their school compound, so she obviously didn’t believe her when she told her the limousine was there to pick her, Wendy Son up. Standing at the foyer while staring at the limousine now, she finally believed that Krystal wasn’t pulling her leg. The girl was beside her now, nudging at her while staring flabbergasted at the limo.

 

“Aren’t you going to board? Cos I will totally board it.” Krystal sighed. “Perks of having a rich girlfriend.”

 

The driver had been holding the door for a good 5 minutes, waiting for Wendy to board the limo, but something was just nagging at the girl, and she just couldn’t pinpoint what was wrong. Sure, Seulgi had the tendency to spend money on stuff that she didn’t agree with, but this just didn’t feel like something Seulgi would do. After Krystal’s constant egging and not wanting to let the driver wait for her anymore, Wendy got on the limo reluctantly. She waved goodbye to Krystal, who returned the gesture with a chic wave, the initial excitement already gone and her usual cool expression back on her face.

 

Something was just really off about this whole situation, but Wendy just couldn’t put her finger around it, and it was bugging her to no end.

 

--

 

Seulgi silently cursed as she got out of the car and checked the time. The damn traffic jam had held her back and she was late by 15 minutes from the time she had arranged with Wendy. Granted, the latter would have waited for her but it wasn’t nice to let the birthday girl wait for her. Making her way hurriedly to the music room while squeezing past the other people making their way out, she peeked into a relatively empty music studio and she quickly noticed Wendy’s absence. Quirking her eyebrow, she made her way to Krystal, who was still packing up.

 

Tapping the other girl by the shoulder, Krystal reeled around, only to give her a surprised look upon recognizing her. “Why are you here?”

 

“I’m here to pick up Wendy. Where is she?” Seulgi asked.

 

“What are you talking about? Didn’t you send a limo to pick her up?”

 

Seulgi was really confused now. “No, I didn’t…”

 

Her phone rang and she breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing Wendy’s name light up on her screen. “Hey, where are you?”

 

Wendy shouted, “SEULGI I’M FINE DON’T OMPF”

 

A familiar chuckle rang out from the other side, and Seulgi’s blood ran stale. “Well well, getting a little worried aren’t we?”

 

Seulgi clenched her fists and bit down on her teeth. “Kang Seungyoon. What are you playing at?”

 

“It’s just a very simple barter trade. Give me your company shares, and I will give you back your cute girlfriend. As simple as that.”

 

“Kang Seungyoon, I swear if you hurt her…”

 

“Don’t worry, she’s my trump card, I’m going to treat her really well. If you take your time, then I’m really going to treat her really well, maybe too well for your liking.”

 

Seulgi snapped her phone shut. “I gotta go.”

 

--

 

Wendy shifted uncomfortably on the couch as she looked around the living room. The more time passes, the more the strong sense of foreboding grew. The driver was now standing at attention blocking the hallway, acting more like a guard who was guarding her than a driver now. Come to think of it, he looked too muscular to be just a driver. Clearing , she dared herself to ask the man a question. “When is Seulgi coming?”

 

“Our boss will come soon.” He replied curtly.

 

Wendy noticed that he used ‘boss’, and Seulgi hates it when her employees call her that. The Canadian girl got up from the couch, pretending to take a look out of the window. This man definitely didn’t work for Seulgi, which meant that whoever brought her here couldn’t be trusted, and she had to get out of this place, and fast. Turning, she could see the main door down the stretch of the long hallway, and she knew that was her only way out.

 

Walking disinterestedly towards the guard, Wendy tried walking down the alley towards the door, only to be stopped gently by the guard, placing his arm out to prevent her from walking further. “Look, I don’t know why you brought me here, or on whose orders did you bring me here by, but I really need to go okay.”

 

The guard didn’t even barge. “Please go back into the lounge, Miss Son.”

 

Wendy sighed exasperatedly and the guard repeated, “I’m sorry, but please go back to the lounge, Miss Son, or else I will have to use force against you.”

 

The front door flew open and a man in casual wear strolled in. “No no no, no force against the lovely lady, Minsoo-yah.”

 

The guard bowed his head at the man and the usual smug expression is on his face again. “Glad to see you again, Wendy-ssi.”

 

--

 

Upon the assurance that she wouldn’t be hurt, Wendy settled back down on the couch, with the man sitting across her. It put her mind to ease, even if it’s just by a little bit, finally knowing the perpetrator who ordered her kidnapping. Still, her mind was churning out the different defensive moves she had learnt from her father, just in case she needed it when got down later.

 

“So, do you remember me?” The man asked, mono lidded eyes staring at her, lips curved to one side in a smirk.

 

Wendy nodded. “Seulgi’s brother.”

 

Seungyoon snorted. “Please do not refer to me as -gi’s brother, I do not want to be associated with her in any way.”

 

Wendy just ignored the snide comment as she stared straight at Seungyoon. His eyebrows quirked at Wendy’s unwavering stare and he nodded while chuckling. “I see we have a feisty one here. Oh well then, let’s skip the fun and cut to the chase. But, we can have some fun later after I deal with -gi, if you like.” He grinned slyly.

 

“Minsoo, her phone please.”  Seungyoon asked, hand stretching out towards the guard.

 

Wendy’s eyes widened when she saw her phone being passed from the guard to Seungyoon. Checking her pockets again, she groaned inwardly. How did they steal her phone without her realizing it at all? Seungyoon snickered at her reaction. “Don’t blame yourself, I only hire the best people.”

 

He scrolled through her phone and his face scrunched up in a disgusted expression. Turning the phone towards her, Seungyoon asked in disbelief, “Kkangsseul /heart heart heart/?!”

 

Wendy shot up, trying to snatch her phone back, only to be stopped by the guard. Seungyoon clicked his tongue and shook his head while sighing. “And I thought you were a feisty one. Oh well.”

 

He pressed dial, and Wendy could hear everything loud and clear through the loudspeaker. Seulgi picked up the phone on the 2nd ring, and her relieved voice blared out through the phone. “Hey where are you?”

 

“SEULGI I’M FINE DON’T OMPF” Wendy shouted, only to get stopped by Minsoo’s hands which were now clammed tightly over . Seungyoon continued with his trademark chuckle, like he planned for Wendy to shout over the phone before continuing with, “Well well, getting a little worried aren’t we?”

 

At that moment, Wendy knew Seungyoon had expected her to shout, and she knew it only played to his hands as she was sure Seulgi would be more anxious now upon hearing her panicked voice.

 

“Kang Seungyoon. What are you playing at?” Seulgi’s voice came through the phone, and Wendy knew she was trying to mask the worry in her voice to sound tough and intimidating.

 

“It’s just a very simple barter trade. Give me your company shares, and I will give you back your cute girlfriend. As simple as that.”

 

“Kang Seungyoon, I swear if you hurt her…”

 

“Don’t worry, she’s my trump card, I’m going to treat her really well. If you take your time, then I’m really going to treat her really well, maybe too well for your liking.”

 

Wendy could hear the phone beeping and the phone screen turning black. Seungyoon tossed the phone back to Minsoo and stretched his arms while stifling a yawn. “Well, that was easy.”

 

“You lil !” Wendy launched at the man, only to be held back by Minsoo again.

 

He chuckled and shook his head. “Don’t even bother trying, feisty pants. But I would really want to get into your pants though.”

 

Seungyoon laughed loudly at his own joke and stood up, turning his attention to Minsoo. “Look after our VIP properly. Call me when our most important VIP arrives.”

 

--

 

Seulgi pulled up at the most posh looking house amidst the other private residences. Picking up the brown envelope on the passenger seat, she locked the car and made her way towards the door, which flew open before she even had the chance to ring the bell. A burly man ushered her in, pushing her along the corridor that seemed to stretch forever. Rounding a bend, she saw Wendy sitting down at the lounge area, biting on her thumb anxiously.

 

“Seungwan.” Seulgi breathed out a sigh of relief as she made her way towards the said girl, while the latter shot up at her voice, running and flinging herself into the bear’s arms. The taller girl hugged her back tightly, relishing in the familiar vanilla scent that belongs to Wendy. Seulgi spotted Seungyoon making his way down the stairs with his trademark smirk, and immediately pushed the Canadian behind her in a protective stance. He chuckled, not making any snide comments, but just stretched his hand out. “The documents, please.”

 

Seulgi threw the envelope, which landed right in front of Seungyoon’s feet. Entwining her fingers with Wendy’s, she gave it a squeeze to assure the other girl. Seungyoon picked up the envelope and opened it, smirking while reading through the documents, only to have his smirk wiped off at the last page. Eyes flaring, he threw the papers back on the table that was separating them.

 

“You didn’t sign them?! Do you think I’m a joke?!” Seungyoon gritted.

 

“Let her go, and I will sign them for you.” Seulgi said, not backing down.

 

Seungyoon narrowed his eyes and with a slight nod of his head, his goons moved closer to them and before Seulgi knew it, their entwined hands were pulled apart harshly and Wendy was dragged towards Seungyoon. Pulling out a gun holstered at the waist of one of his guards, Seungyoon pointed it towards Wendy. “Sign it, or else I will put a bullet straight through this bij’s head.”

 

“Do that, and you lose your trump card, and I will never sign that document.”

 

“Are you testing me now? Do you think I’m just threatening you? I won’t even blink when I pull this trigger.”

 

“Do it then. Do it.” Seulgi taunted and Seungyoon’s fingers tightened around the trigger, his mouth clenched tightly in a determined line. His hands were shaking as he held the gun out, nozzle pointing straight at Wendy’s temple.

 

“Why? Too chicken? Tch, what a loser.”Seulgi continued to sneer.

 

“SHUT UP!” Letting out an anguish roar, Kang Seungyoon pulled the trigger. 

 

A/N: /runs off into the jungle while laughing evily

pls don't kill me omg T_T

yep yep foreshadowing in previous chapters (on how seungyoon will fight back) and even this chapter too (seul bleeding because of the rose)

honestly didn't wanted to add this kidnapping scene into this fic cos it feels really clique but then there wouldn't really be a in the story you know XD

okay bye just going to set up camp in the jungle to avoid all of your death threats (or anything of that sort lol T_T)