Trust Me

Tamed

Seulgi shifted uncomfortably from the stare Irene has been giving her ever since they took their seats in the car. The older girl had been staring at her with an inquisitive look, hands on her chin, seemingly in deep thoughts. The younger girl was determined not to let the older girl affect her driving and she immediately took the chance to stare back at the older girl when the car came to a stop at a traffic light.

 

“What.” Seulgi questioned.

 

Irene just continued staring, as if she was looking at an extinct animal species. “You got caught.”

 

“Whaaat?” Now Seulgi was confused.

 

Irene turned back to look at the younger girl with a serious look. “Tell me, how many months has it been since you met Wendy?”

 

Seulgi thought about it for a while. “About 3 months?”

 

“Exactly. And you aren’t even done with her, or should I say, you haven’t even started anything with her.” Irene’s inquisitive look was back, one of her eyebrows raised.

 

The traffic light turned green and Seulgi diverted her attention back on the road. “Unnie, can you speak in a language that I can understand?”

 

“What I’m trying to say is, are you in love with Wendy?”

 

“HAHHHH,” Seulgi snorted.

 

“There’s only the two of us here, so just be honest with me please Kang Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi knew from the tone of Irene’s voice that the older girl meant business and thought it would be best to collect her thoughts before choosing to answer the older girl with something that she will be satisfied with. Thinking back on the times spent with Wendy, Seulgi knew there was just something different with the Canadian girl. There was just this strange but comfortable atmosphere when she spent time with Wendy, and unlike the times spent with other girls, she just didn’t feel the urge to do anything to her. The very thing that shocked her was how taken aback she was when Wendy kissed her on the cheeks. She could feel her heart racing after that and that was why she couldn’t bring herself to see the girl, until today.

 

Easing the car to a stop, Seulgi slumped into the seat, as if preparing herself to confess her thoughts.

 

“So?” Irene said, looking at her nails.

 

“I… don’t know. There’s just this… weird feeling I have around Wendy. I don’t know whether it’s love, but I just feel different with her compared to other girls.”

 

Irene snorted. “Of course she’s different. Usually you will be done with a girl in a week, or if she’s good, in 2 weeks. I haven’t seen you actually wanting to see a girl for more than 2 weeks, much less when you are not doing the dirty with her.”

 

Seulgi sighed and rubbed her temples. “You make me sound like some maniac.”

 

“Uhm news flash, you are. Or should I say you were. But I do think things are going to change with Wendy around.” Irene smirked confidently.

 

“What should I do then?”

 

“What do you mean ‘what should you do’? Just go along with it.” The older girl placed an assuring hand on Seulgi’s shoulder. “Trust me, it will be worth it.”

 

--

 

Seulgi should have known that trusting the older girl was a bad choice. Irene had pulled her out of bed early in the morning, informed her that they are going to be having dinner with Wendy and Joy at her house (without her permission) and was bothered by the girl incessantly the whole afternoon till the time arrived for her to go and pick the other two up. Now, what used to be her dining room was now transformed into a grand ballroom with a chandelier hanging on top of the ceiling and a red carpet spread out.

 

Irene had said that she was going to invite Wendy and Joy over for dinner, but apparently the two had very different standards of ‘dinner’. If the other two were in awe at how big Seulgi’s house was, they were certainly beyond amazed at this point. Seulgi, on the other hand, just can’t wait to put her hands around a certain girl’s neck. Striding down the red carpet, Seulgi made a point to reach the older girl before the other two.

 

“What are you doing.” Seulgi muttered with clenched teeth, careful not to let the other two hear.

 

“Just trust me.” Irene mouthed.

 

Frankly, Seulgi had enough of the ‘trust me’s because Irene had done nothing but to show that she doesn’t deserve to be trusted, but she had no choice but to go along with the flow seeing how far this storm had progressed. Sighing she plopped herself onto one of the four chairs, wishing desperately for a drink right now. Irene sat herself opposite Seulgi and the youngest girl immediately levitated to where Irene was, leaving Wendy with the seat beside Seulgi. She watched as waiters walked in at the snap of Irene’s fingers, filling up their cups and plates with the appetizers.

 

“I hope you guys like it, I planned it all by myself.” Irene beamed proudly.

 

“Oh really!!” Joy exclaimed, then putting a mouth of the appetizer into . “Hmm it’s really good unnie! You are a really good planner!”

 

Seulgi snorted at the obvious Joy and drank a mouth of red wine.

 

--

 

Dinner went by without a hitch, with Joy and Irene acting like a pair of newly-weds and Seulgi and Wendy trying not to throw up at their grossly affectionate antics. All was going well until Irene pulled Joy away, giving some lame excuse of going for a walk, leaving Wendy and her behind in the house. Seulgi had never felt this uncomfortable in her own house. Sitting on the couch, she scratched her head, staring at the girl beside her. She could see the other girl fiddling with her fingers and Seulgi cleared , bringing Wendy to look at her immediately.

 

“Those two were really gross, weren’t they?” Seulgi complained and shook her head in disgust.

 

Wendy chuckled and nodded. “They are behaving like some hormone driven teenagers.”

 

Seulgi laughed and Wendy could only stare at the slightly older girl. Her eyes turned into small crescents and Wendy didn’t know why it reminded her of a cuddly teddy bear. Finally realizing that Seulgi wasn’t laughing but was looking at her, staring at her even, and she turned away immediately, embarrassed to be caught staring.

 

Standing up, Wendy was about to find some excuse to leave the place when she felt Seulgi tugging on her arm and she found herself falling onto the older girl’s lap. Before Wendy could react, Seulgi connected their lips together. Wendy froze, but managed to recover her senses to return the kiss. Unexpectedly when she did, Seulgi pushed her away roughly and stared at her with wild and unfocused eyes as she backed away, seemingly in fear.

 

“Seulgi?” Wendy called out.

 

“Don’t… come near me…” Scrambling to her feet, Seulgi ran up the stairs as if she was the prey being hunted by the hunter, Wendy, quickly disappearing from the Canadian girl’s sight.

 

Wendy didn’t know whether to feel happy that she just kissed her crush or upset that her crush recoiled after the kiss like she was venomous. The front door burst open and the two ‘hormone driven teenagers’ made their way in, hand in hand.

 

“Unnie we got more food!” Joy shouted, waving the plastic in her hands wildly. Looking at the stunned Wendy sitting on the couch with Seulgi nowhere to be seen, the youngest girl realized something had gone wrong and finally let go of Irene, rushing over to the Canadian girl.

 

“Unnie?” Joy squatted down in front of Wendy. “Are you… okay?”

 

Seeing no reply, Joy turned to look at Irene worriedly and she could see the worry mirrored in the older girl’s face. Irene was about to make her way up to find Seulgi when her butler, Jungok appeared before the three and bowed.

 

“Miss Seulgi has asked me to send Wendy and Joy home.” Jungok announced.

 

Joy looked to Wendy, as if for a cue on what to do. The latter had an unreadable expression on her face and after hesitating for a while, stood up and followed Jungok to the front door. The youngest girl followed, but was stopped by Irene.

 

“I don’t know what happened but you take care of her. I will go and see how Seulgi is. Call me if something crops up.” Irene said.

 

Joy nodded and Irene watched the three got up the car before making her way up to find Seulgi.

 

--

 

Sitting in Seulgi’s car with Butler Jungok driving, the memory of the incident 5 minutes ago replayed in her head. Seulgi kissing her. Her returning the kiss. Seulgi recoiling from the kiss. Seulgi running away from her like a wounded animal running away from a hunter. And one question plagued Wendy’s mind. Why? Why was Seulgi behaving like that? She knew Joy was waiting for an explanation on what happened, but the problem is that she doesn’t even have any. She wasn’t even sure what happened herself. Wendy leaned her head against the car window and closed her eyes, trying to shut out the one thousand and one thoughts in her mind. Tomorrow. She will deal with them tomorrow, when she has her own emotions in check and her rational mind back, clear and working. 

 

A/N: SOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY LATE UPDATE!!! 

i'm just so busy with work nowadays that it's sad cos i haven't got any time to watch shows sobs T_T 

sorry for any mistakes i've only proof read this once and it's like 1:09am right now x_x

i'm so sorry for doing this to you guys again after giving you all the fluff last chapter xD

stay till the end guys! oh and thanks for all the subs, you guys are jjang!