Recovery

Tamed

“Everything is looking good; there should be no problem from now on. Honestly we all got a little worried when you weren’t waking up.” Doctor Seo informed, looking up from her board as she grinned at Seulgi, who returned the grin.

 

“Eh why did you even worry in the first place… I’m the strong bear, it’s not going to be so easy to take me down.” Seulgi said as she lifted up her arm in a flexing position, only to place it on her wound again with a grunt as she felt a dull aching pain radiating through her body. Seohyun chuckled as she shook her head, using the board to lightly knock Seulgi on the head. “Now that you have an open wound in your body, you have to be more careful. No strenuous activity for a few months, and that includes bedroom activities.”

 

Seulgi blushed. “Unnie!! Can you and baechu-unnie stop making me sound like some maniac?!”

 

Seohyun only laughed. “Come on, Joohyun and I both know you so well, just don’t deny it already. But I’m warning you, I have grown a liking towards Seungwan, so you better treat her well.”

 

Seulgi wanted to tell Seohyun how Wendy wasn’t like the other girls, how Wendy was the only one she wanted to marry after this ordeal and how Wendy was her reason, but she didn’t, preferring to just go with a, “Don’t worry.”, looking out at the said girl who was pacing about outside the room anxiously.

 

--

 

Seohyun and the other nurses had left after the check-up, leaving only Wendy and Seulgi in the room. Wendy was standing at the foot of the bed, not daring to take any more steps to close the distance between them, but Seulgi didn’t know why the girl was acting so awkwardly around her. Patting the spot on the bed just beside her, Seulgi urged Wendy to come closer to her, and she could see the latter hesitating before eventually taking her seat beside Seulgi.

 

Combing her fingers through Wendy’s brown hair, Seulgi gave a slight smile as she tugged strands of hair behind the former’s ears. “Are you okay?”

 

Wendy’s eyes started to well up, and she hastily turned her back towards Seulgi, shocking the clueless bear. “Do I look like I’m not? I’m not the person who had been lying in the hospital for a few weeks!”

 

Seulgi gently turned Wendy back towards her, pulling the girl into her embrace, ignoring the aching pain in her abdomen from all her actions. Seulgi ran her hands up and down Wendy’s back, hoping it will help the latter as she sobbed in her arms. “It’s okay, I’m awake now right? I’m fine, so don’t worry.”

 

They just stayed in that position for a long time, until Wendy’s sobs had slowed down into sniffles. Snuggling into the crook of Seulgi’s neck, she took a deep breath, relishing the smell. “I’m sorry, it’s all my fault…”

 

She could feel Seulgi’s hands which were drawing patterns on her back stop, pulling her away to look at her with a frown. “Don’t you ever say that again, it’s not your fault okay? If anyone is to blame, it’s Kang Seungyoon.”

 

Wendy knew Seulgi was right, and could only dive back to the latter’s embrace. “Why did you taunt him?”

 

She could feel Seulgi’s hand resuming their patterns on her back again, and she could feel Seulgi’s chest vibrating as she spoke. “I thought he would throw the gun away in frustration. I didn’t know he would really open fire. Honestly, it was a gamble.”

 

 “You could have died!” Wendy pulled away, hitting Seulgi on the chest. The latter yelped as she instantly brought her hands up to her wound, rubbing it as Wendy brought her hand up too, apologetic look on her face. “Yeah honestly, thinking about it now, he could have opened fire on you too… Seriously what was I thinking…”

 

Wendy pouted. “Big dumb bear.”

 

“But you love me all the same.” Seulgi said cheekily as she smiled at Wendy. Wendy could only shake her head in defeat. “Don’t do that again.”

 

Seulgi pulled Wendy back into her embrace, nodding her head on the crown of Wendy’s head. They just stayed in that position, Wendy listening to Seulgi’s rhythmic heart beats, so thankful for them, and Seulgi still drawing patterns on the former’s back. It was only after a few times did Wendy realize that Seulgi was not just drawing random patterns, but actually writing out something. “I love you, Son Seungwan-ah.”

 

Lifting her hand, Wendy started to trace her reply on Seulgi's arm. “I love you too.” Wendy replied, burying her head deeper into the crook of Seulgi’s neck due to her own embarrassment. She heard Seulgi chuckle, before placing a chaste kiss on her forehead.

 

--

 

Irene and Joy barged in a few moments later, causing Wendy to jolt up and away from Seulgi at the sudden intrusion. Then, the oldest girl had just flung herself into Seulgi’s embrace, bawling her eyes out as she gave a tight hug to the latter. Seulgi had on a contorted expression on her face, before pushing Irene away with all her might, as she placed a protective hand over her wound. “That hurts Unnie!”

 

“Yeah See. If. You. Dare. To. Pull. Such. A. Stunt. Again.” Irene enunciated as she sent a knuckle hit to Seulgi’s head for each word. By the end of her sentence, Seulgi was in a crumpling heap, trying to escape from the clutches of the evil bunny. “Aish seriously, making us worried all the time.” Irene complained, wiping the tears away from her eyes.

 

“OH!” Seulgi exclaimed as she pointed the ring on Irene’s left ring finger, before turning her finger to Joy instantly, seeing the exact same ring on the same finger. Turning back to Irene with a bright glint in her eyes, Seulgi asked, more for a confirmation than an answer, “You succeeded?!”

 

Irene blushed and gave a small nod before her scary demeanor was back, hitting Seulgi on the head once again. “And we can’t get married because of you!”

 

Seulgi yelped, rubbing her head. “What has your marriage got to do with me?!”

 

“Cos you have to be my best woman!”

 

“But I didn’t agree?”

 

“So are you saying you don’t want to do it?” Irene threatened with a fist raised, and Joy looked positively murderous at the back. Seulgi gulped as she cleared before laughing sheepishly. “Of course not, I would love to!”

 

“Thank you Unnie!” Joy said, and Irene pulled her in for a side hug. Seulgi looked towards Wendy and pouted; the latter only giving a small smile before settling herself down beside Seulgi on the bed, entwining their fingers together.

 

“Seriously do you guys even care about me?!” Seulgi grumbled.

 

“That’s Wendy’s job, my job is just to make sure we have the best wedding of the century. Besides, you are still alive and kicking, so you will be fine.” Irene said as Joy nodded nonchalantly. Seulgi just shook her head and sighed. Honestly, where else can you find such great friends?

 

--

 

Seulgi had just been discharged from the hospital, but she found herself sitting in a big meeting room in Kang Establishments. Jungok had been telling her that once the shareholders heard the news that she had woken up from her coma, they were desperate to meet her and had requested for an immediate meeting. Jungok had tried his best to decline, but they were very persistent, so Seulgi found herself sitting near the front of the massive table, all eyes trained on her the moment she stepped into the room. Honestly, they weren’t desperate to meet her, just desperate to quickly elect a new chairman and have someone to blame if something goes wrong.

 

She watched as one of the samchons from her childhood, who she remembered as SooMan samchon, cleared his throat and greeted the other shareholders. “Thank you to everyone present for taking time off from your busy schedules to attend this impromptu shareholders meeting of Kang Establishments. Unfortunately due to certain circumstances, Kang Seungyoon, the presiding chairman, is unable to act as the chairman any longer; therefore we need to elect a new chairman. Any suggestions?”

 

Seulgi immediately heard her voice being mentioned from the people beside her and she sighed inwardly. She didn’t sign up for this. The other name that was called out was Jeon Miseon, Seungyoon’s mother. The woman raised an eyebrow, giving a slight smirk to Seulgi, as if saying, “I’m-going-to-get-you-for-landing-my-son-in-jail”.

 

Voting began, and it was clear that Miseon had been pulling votes, as majority of the shareholders took her side, but nevertheless, Seulgi was thankful for the few that actually took her side regardless of the carrot that the woman had probably dangled to get them to be on her side. SooMan was now holding the last piece of voting paper, and Miseon was ahead by one vote. “And the last vote is for, Kang Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi wanted to bang her head on the table and grunt. Can they just get this done and over with already? Honestly this was taking way too long and she just wanted to go home and get some sleep in her big, comfy and soft bed and not the hard and thin hospital bed that she had been sleeping for the past few weeks.

 

“Both candidates have the same amount of votes. We will need a re-vo-“

 

SooMan was stopped by the huge doors of the meeting room flying open, and Irene smoothed her hair before bowing to the other shareholders. “I’m Bae Joohyun, and I’m representing Bae Corporations to vote for Kang Seulgi.”

 

SooMan gave a small smile before nodding. “With Miss Bae’s vote, I hereby announce Kang Seulgi to be Kang Establishments’ new CEO.”

 

Claps resounded across the room, with some people genuinely congratulating her, but Seulgi looked across the room to see Miseon and her allies clapping while looking absolutely livid. Ignoring the piercing stare thrown her way, the bear like girl stood up and bowed towards the rest of the people in the room.

 

--

 

After brief conversations with the shareholders who had come up to congratulate her, the people were beginning to file out of the room and Seulgi was about to make her way to Irene when Miseon grabbed her by the arm, spun her around and gave her a tight slap. Cupping her cheeks, Seulgi looked up at Miseon incredulously. “You better watch yourself, the moment you make any mistakes; I’m going to make sure you fall.”

 

The woman stomped off and Seulgi gulped as she clutched her cheeks, still in shock. Irene had already made her way to Seulgi, holding her by the shoulders. “Are you okay? I swear, that woman’s crazy.”

 

Seulgi shook her head and sighed. “You can’t blame her Unnie, I had basically stolen the position from her son.”

 

“It’s not like he deserves it anyway.”

 

“Well, it’s not like I deserve it either.”

 

Irene glared at Seulgi, retort on her tongue, but the older girl kept it in, choosing to ruffle the younger’s hair instead. “Go home and rest, worry about this later.”

 

The potential argument between the two had blown over, and Seulgi gave a slight side hug to the shorter woman. She was thankful for the support, but how was she going to be in charge of a multinational company? This isn’t just some video game where you can restart over once you made a mistake, any mistakes in any decision making are going to cause them millions, and many people are depending on the company for a living. She buried these thoughts back into the depth of her minds, preferring to rest her fatigue mind and body in Irene’s embrace, even if it was only for a few minutes.

 

--

 

The door beeped, signaling it was unlocked as Wendy tapped the card against the card reader. Pushing the door open, she was greeted by Jungok who had pointed upstairs to Seulgi’s room even without her talking. She nodded her thanks and made her way to the bear’s room, and was surprised to see Seulgi sitting at her desk focusing on a document intensely instead of resting. In fact, she was so into it that she didn’t realize Wendy creeping up on her, finally standing beside her.

 

“What are you doing?” Wendy asked and she watched as Seulgi jumped in her seat, reeling around to see her. Clutching her chest, Seulgi let out a long breath. “You scared me!”

 

Wendy chuckled as she placed a paper bag on the table, looking at the documents on the table. “What are you doing, not resting?”

 

“Ah, I just started looking at these like five minutes ago, I swear.” Seulgi said sheepishly and she was never a good liar as Wendy saw right through her lies. Gently prying the pen off the taller girl’s hands, Wendy turned her chair around so they were facing each other. Her eyes widened as her hands flew up to touch a scratch on Seulgi’s face. “How did you get this?” She asked as Seulgi winced.

 

Seulgi felt it herself and shrugged. “Probably got it when I got slapped just now.”

 

“You what?!” Wendy asked, alarmed.

 

Seulgi narrated the whole story as Wendy began treating the scratch wound and by the end of it, Wendy was leaning against the table, Seulgi’s hand on her waist. Wendy ran her fingers across Seulgi’s face, first across her eyebrows, then down her jawline before ending up at the teddy bear plaster on Seulgi’s face.

 

“You will do fine.” Wendy reassured, already guessing all the worries Seulgi had in mind although she didn’t voice them out. Seulgi buried her face into Wendy’s shirt. “Will I really?”

 

Wendy cupped Seulgi’s face, making eye contact with the girl. Leaning in, she placed a kiss on Seulgi’s forehead. “You will.”

 

A loud grumble sounded and Seulgi pulled away, clutching her stomach while looking embarrassed. Wendy laughed as she brought the paper bag on the table nearer to the both of them. “Someone’s hungry, and I got just the solution!”

 

She took out three Frozen themed lunch boxes out from the paper bag, opening them to reveal fried rice, a vegetable and meat dish and soup. Seulgi’s eyes widened as she looked at the delicious food in front of her. “You made this all by yourself?”

 

Wendy nodded with an air of mock arrogance. “So you better finish everything.”

 

“Don’t worry,” Seulgi said while snapping her wooden chopsticks into two, “consider it done.”

 

Seulgi dug into the food with no hesitation and Wendy just looked on while shaking her head. Wiping a loose grand of rice off the side of Seulgi’s mouth, Wendy cleared . “I’ve got some bad news.”

 

Seulgi froze with half a stalk of vegetable hanging outside . “I got casted as Juliet in our school’s Romeo and Juliet play.”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened as she slurped up the vegetable. “That’s good news!”

 

“Oh Juliet, Juliet where art thou?” Seulgi asked, pointing her chopsticks at something Wendy couldn’t see. Wendy chuckled and cupped Seulgi’s cheeks, landing a kiss right on the latter’s lips. “It’s Romeo you dummy, but I’m going to forgive you cos you are so cute.”

 

The two still had their foreheads together, and Seulgi could feel herself heating up at their close proximity. “S-since when did you become so bold…”

 

“Cos I want to make sure you will really be fine when you see me doing this with Romeo.” Wendy said, and Seulgi couldn’t process anything other than Wendy’s breaths hitting her own while she talked. Finally registering Wendy’s words, Seulgi reassured the former, “Yes, I’m going to die of jealousy but that is fiction and ultimately at the end of the day,” Seulgi leaned forward, closing the gap between the two again, “you have to come back to this reality.”

 

Wendy smiled at Seulgi’s assurance as she nipped Seulgi’s nose. “Cheesy.” 

 

A/N: YAYYYYYY TO GROSS SEULDY. more coming up don't worry haha~

i have a few one-shots in my head, so idk whether to put them together in one thread or separately... suggestions anyone?