Winner

Tamed

Seulgi found herself in Seoul University’s theatre, holding a bouquet of flowers and feeling severely underdressed. Irene and Joy were beside her, in dresses and heels while she sat beside them, feeling small in her jeans, plaid shirt and sneakers. They had clicked her tongue at her fashion sense, and she had ignored them, but looking at the other audiences dressed in similar attire, she began to feel a little nervous and very out of place.

 

Resisting the urge to bolt out of the theatre, Seulgi convinced herself it will be worth it when Wendy came out later. They were all here to watch Wendy perform in her school’s musical production, ‘Romeo and Juliet’, which she had, to her credit, bagged the role of ‘Juliet’. A role very befitting of Wendy, if you were to ask Seulgi. Add to the fact that Seulgi hadn’t seen Wendy in a few weeks due to their own commitments, Seulgi found herself staying rooted to her chair, and it was only when the lights dimmed that she found herself heaving a sigh of relief that she didn’t realize she was holding.

 

The lights on the stage lit up, and Seulgi found herself gripping tightly onto her armrest as she looked intensely at ‘Romeo’ who was sitting on a bench in a garden background. Flabbergasted, Seulgi stared at Taehyun, who was supposedly playing Romeo and felt her blood pressure rise. Turning to look at her other two friends, the bear-like girl hissed, “Why didn’t anyone tell me HE is playing Romeo?”

 

Joy shrugged. “You didn’t ask.”

 

Seulgi groaned and rubbed her temples as she threw her head back, hitting the back of the seat. He’s the guy who is going to kiss her Seungwan?! Finally, the conversation between Benvolio and Romeo is over, signaling the start of the next act. The background was now one of a well furbished antique looking home, and Seulgi spotted Wendy making her way down the staircase prop. She was absolutely stunning, in a white medieval dress and hair up in a half braid. Propping her chin up with her hand, Seulgi just couldn’t take her eyes off the girl.

 

The show went on and they were at the ball now where Romeo and Juliet will meet for the first time. Taehyun and Wendy were looking at each other like they were love struck and Seulgi found herself stomping her feet on the ground while biting on her fist. This was so hard to watch. Ignoring the weird stares she had been getting from her neighbors, Seulgi was now pulling at her hair while making weird, distressed sounds.

 

“Would you stop what you are doing?!” Irene whispered harshly as she shot apologetic looks at people looking at them.

 

“Do you see the way they look at each other?! I can’t Unnie, I can’t…” Seulgi whined and Irene rolled her eyes, giving up on the girl. Trying to control herself, Seulgi continued watching with clenched teeth and watched as Romeo approached Juliet, taking her hands. The bear had made it a point to read the book to know the plot, and she found herself taking a deep breath while staring at the ceiling as she realized the kiss scene was getting near.

 

“Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take.” Romeo said, leaning in to kiss her. Seulgi found herself clutching the handles of her seat with her eyes closed, taking in ragged deep breaths while trying to keep her emotions in check. She was so tempted to fly up the stage and put her hands around Taehyun’s scrawny neck.

 

Seulgi had never felt happier when Romeo took his life at the side of Juliet’s tomb. She knew she shouldn’t be feeling happy that someone was dying, and the story was pretty tragic and heartbreaking, looking at how Irene and Joy were practically bawling their eyes out, but Seulgi just wanted the play to end already. Her Juliet woke up, and after more boring dialogue that Seulgi had tuned out, Wendy leans in to peck Taehyun again, before burying his dagger into her chest, red blood splattering all over her white dress, and the red curtains fell, signaling the end of the play.

 

Seulgi found herself sitting with her head supported by her hand. She may look very calm and bored on the surface, but inside, she's boiling anger and burning rage. No one seemed to be aware of her inner frustration as her two friends and the other people in the theatre gave thunderous applause as the curtains drew back again, revealing the whole cast standing on stage. The cast gave one last bow, thanking the audience for supporting. Seulgi felt Wendy locking eyes with her, as if asking if she was okay. Seulgi averted her gaze.

 

Making their way out of the theatre, they heard many of the audiences praising the cast, especially Wendy and Taehyun and their exceptional chemistry. Seulgi had immediately turned her head towards the person, wanting to snap his/her head off, but Irene and Joy had pushed her forward, saving the person from a possible death. The three were waiting for Wendy near the backstage, with Irene and Joy discussing about the play animatedly while Seulgi was sulking while kicking at the pebbles on the floor.

 

“Oh, unnie, unnie, will you be my last love?” Joy asked, stretching out her hand towards Irene and making an overly exaggerated pose. Irene giggled and took the younger girl’s hands, making a point to spin around once while holding the ends of her dress. “It will be my pleasure.”

 

Seulgi grimaced at the two as they kissed, shaking her head at their gross actions. The doors leading to backstage opened and the crew began to file out one by one, with Wendy finally making her way out with Taehyun following too closely behind for Seulgi’s comfort. Narrowing her eyes at the sight, she noticed Wendy’s eyes brightening before making her way towards them, immediately pulling her into a tight hug when she got nearer.

 

Seulgi could feel all her anger and prepared retorts at the tip of her tongue dissipate at Wendy’s hug, just preferring to rest her chin on Wendy’s head and returned the hug with an awkward hand that ran up and down Wendy’s back. Pulling away, Seulgi pushed the bouquet of dandelions into Wendy’s arms, stuffing her hands back into her pocket, trying to be as aloof as possible. Wendy’s bright glance faltered and she pouted as she poked Seulgi at her sides, causing the latter to flinch.

 

“You promised not to be jealous.” Wendy said as Seulgi could only shrug. Receiving a knock on the head from Irene, the older girl shook her head at Seulgi who was now jumping in pain. “Just ignore her Wendy, you did a great job.”

 

Wendy returned the compliment with a smile as Joy proceeded to give her a crushing hug while praising her. “YOU WERE THE BEST UNNIE THE REST HAD NOTHING ON YOU.”

 

Wendy chuckled as she ruffled Joy’s head. “Thanks Satan’s child.”

 

--

 

When Seulgi unlocked her car, Irene had hijacked it, insisting that she wanted to drive as she didn’t want the bear to drive while she was angry. Listening to the older girl, she let her take the wheel while Joy got on the passenger seat. Before she and Wendy could get on, the car’s lock clicked shut and Joy rolled down the window, saying, “Bye! Seul-unnie you are not allowed to send Wan-unnie home until you guys trash everything out!” Joy said.

 

“Talk everything out! And Kang Seulgi stop being such a baby it was just a play! So just make up already!” Irene shouted as she started the car.

 

“Make up, not make out!” Joy laughed.

 

The car was gone, and Seulgi swears she is going to kill those two the next time she sees them. She looked back at Wendy who was holding a duffel bag and carrying a bag pack. Taking the duffel bag from Wendy, Seulgi gripped her hand; interlocking their fingers together before pulling her to begin their walk home, ignoring the stares from Taehyun and the other cast members. They hadn’t even taken more than 10 steps when they were stopped, a hand tugging on Wendy’s free one.

 

“Hey Wendy, are you free later? Do you want to eat dinner with the crew?” Taehyun asked and before Wendy could turn to look at Seulgi, she felt Seulgi loosening the grip between their entwined hands. Wendy grabbed on tightly, not giving Seulgi a chance to let go, giving a squeeze for extra measure. “I’m sorry Taehyun, I already have plans.”

 

The two of them stood flabbergasted as Taehyun leaned in to wipe something off the corner of Wendy’s mouth. “Oops sorry, seemed like you have gotten a bit of my lip balm on your lips. It’s okay then, next time.”

 

He smirked, finally acknowledging Seulgi with a glance, before stepping back to where the rest of the cast were at. Seulgi was so close to landing a punch on the cocky guy’s face, but Wendy had immediately tightened her grip on Seulgi, running her thumb down her knuckles. Clenching her free hand, Seulgi only heaved a deep sigh before pulling Wendy away.

 

--

 

Stopping at a traffic light, Seulgi stabbed the traffic button repeatedly, showing her frustration. She couldn’t even look at Wendy properly the whole night. Yes, it wasn’t Wendy’s fault and she promised she wouldn’t be jealous, but the way Taehyun acted just now… Seulgi let out a loud howl of frustration, not realizing the weird glances they get from the people nearby. Finally looking at Wendy, she noticed the girl looking down at her shoes as if she had done something wrong and wasn’t able to lift her head in guilt.

 

Sighing, Seulgi guided Wendy’s hands to rest on her nape, and rested her own on Wendy’s waist. The other girl looked at her with her eyes wide with shock, looking at the people passing by who are now staring at them if they weren’t after Seulgi’s outburst just now. She turned back to look at Seulgi who just leaned her forehead against hers, closing her eyes. “S-seul… What are you doing… People are watching…”

 

“Then let them.” The mono lid eyes opened, staring back at Wendy, anger replaced by the warmth and affection she is used to.

 

“I’m sorry,” Seulgi spoke, breaths hitting against her lips and Wendy shook her head vigorously, staring at Seulgi’s lips nervously. Noticing Wendy’s reaction, Seulgi stifled a laugh before turning to peck Wendy’s cheeks before pulling away. Pouting at the kiss that didn’t come, Wendy hit Seulgi on the arm. “Tease.”

 

“Don’t worry. After you go home and use a whole bottle of Listerine, I’m going to kiss you senseless.” Seulgi smiled and she noticed the rest of the cast coming out from the school. Making sure that Taehyun was looking at them, Seulgi leaned in, kissing Wendy on the forehead, and then pulling her in for a hug. The traffic light turned green for the pedestrians, and Wendy struggled out of the hug, blushing while pulling Seulgi across the road. Spinning around to lock eyes with Taehyun, Seulgi smirked.

 

“Who’s the winner now?”

 

A/N: pun intended lol (cos nam taehyun is from winner xD) pretty short chapter this time but hopefully the fluff makes up for it

tying up some loose ends here and there and honestly can't wait to finish this cos it gets harder and harder for me to write this haha

i think after this i'm going to write more one-shots though i do have 2 on-goings in mind. gosh too many ideas but too little time T_T

but in the mean time pls show some love to this: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/985702/for-your-own-good-seulgi-joy-redvelvet-joygi

okay bye see you in the next one!