Marry You

Tamed

Joy sauntered lethargically out of school; it has been 8 hours since she stepped into this hellhole and her day was almost done, almost, but not quite, because the last item on the to-do list today is to go on a date with her favorite cabbage unnie and frankly, it was the only thing she had been looking forward to all day. Stretching and yawning while making her way out of the school, she spotted one of the seniors making a move on a girl, cornering her against the school fence and leaning too close for comfort. She shook her head, about to mind her own business and walked off when the girl’s pleas of help reached her ears, and the familiar voice instantly froze her in her tracks. It can’t be…

 

Joy turned around, glancing at the girl the senior got pinned against him and the school fence and her anger meter immediately shot through the roof. That bastard was not harassing any random girl, but her girlfriend, Bae Joohyun. Joy was livid, and an angry Joy was very bad news (for that senior, at least). Stomping towards the two, Joy made sure she got right behind the senior, tapping the guy on the back with an ‘I-will-kill-you’ smile on her face. The senior recognized her, smug smile growing wider as he reached his hand out, seemingly in an attempt to touch Joy when the girl just sent a kick right to his manhood, causing him to fall onto the floor in pain.

 

“And that is what you get for messing around with my girlfriend.” Joy snarled, pulling Irene along with her.

 

--

 

Joy had long let go of Irene’s hand, fuming as she walked ahead, leaving the older girl to trail behind her. Irene had her head down as she followed Joy, not even noticing that the latter had stopped in her tracks, causing the older girl to walk into the younger girl. “Omfp, sorry!” Irene said, causing Joy to turn around and stare at her from head to toe, before sighing.

 

“Unnie… why were you standing outside my school in a uniform?”

 

Irene started to fiddle with her fingers. “I just… wanted to let you be able to experience going on a after school date, cos you never got the chance to when you are dating a girlfriend who is older than you by 5 years old.”

 

Joy’s gaze softened at Irene’s words and she placed a hand over the older girl’s, brushing her thumb across the latter’s knuckles as a form of reassurance. “I’m sorry for not understanding your intentions…”

 

Irene just shook her head, giving a small smile before stepping closer and snuggling herself into the crook of Joy’s neck. “Let’s go now?”

 

--

 

Irene groaned as she slumped dejectedly in the driver’s seat. How is it that she can lose all the games when she’s the one with the driver’s license? Joy gave a smug smile as she on her lollipop, clicking her tongue at Irene in a teasing way. Pouting, the older girl picked up her backpack, scampering to leave her seat. She hadn’t even taken more than 10 steps when she felt Joy pulling on the straps of her backpack, pulling her towards another corner of the arcade.

 

“Unnie, let’s take neoprints!” Joy said, tugging her into a booth.

 

“Don’t want to.” Irene folded her arms, not barging.

 

“Unnie, pleaseeeeeeee?” Joy begged as she put on her best puppy eyes. Irene could feel herself melting by the second, but willed herself to not give in. Ah, heck it. “Make me.”

 

Joy’s eyes brightened as she immediately stuffed her own lollipop back in Irene’s mouth, before pulling her into the booth. Irene’s eyes widened when she realized she was eating Joy’s mint flavored lollipop. “Ya-yah, I don’t like sweet stuff.”

 

“How can that be? You like the sweetest thing on earth.” Joy said with the smuggest expression, supporting her chin with her hands, obviously referring to herself. This girl is unreal, seriously.

 

--

 

Looking at the neoprints they took while walking out of the arcade, Irene was shocked when Joy pinned her against the wall, motioning for her to keep quiet with a finger over , looking cautiously outside the arcade, seemingly hiding from someone, or something.

 

“What are you doing?” Irene didn’t know why she was whispering, but the situation seemed to be fitting of it. Joy loosened her grip on Irene and let her peeked out to see the guy who had just hit on her roaming the streets with a bunch of guys looking around as if they were looking for someone. She hurriedly hid herself back behind the wall, eyes widening as she looked at the younger girl. “What do we do now?”

 

“We run.” And Joy dragged her out of the arcade, merging into the crowd, hoping to hide themselves among the crowd, but it didn’t take long for the goons to spot the two girls. “There they are!”

 

The two looked at each other, eyes locking, before breaking out in a sprint for their lives. “Damnit, it’s all your stupid yellow eye-catching uniform’s fault!” Irene voiced out, trying to keep up with Joy’s large strides.

 

“Well damn you for your beauty that landed us in this now!” Joy retorted as she cut between the crowd.

 

Certain that they had lost the guys; they stopped running, finding themselves in a deserted park. Holding their knees, the two struggled to catch their breath. “Aigoo those dudes can really run.” Irene whizzed out.

 

“Of course, those people are in their teens, not like you, grandma Bae.”

 

Irene shot Joy a death glare, running to headlock the girl. “What did you say, huh you rascal?!”

 

The two tumbled down into the sand pit, breaking out into fits of laughter at each other’s antics. Joy was lying on Irene’s stomach, and the older girl was resting with one hand behind her head, and another threading through the younger’s hair. They stayed in that position, neither wanting to get up. Irene spoke up first, breaking the comfortable silence. “Sooyoung-ah.”

 

Joy’s ears perked up. Irene only called her by her Korean name when she was serious. The younger girl just hummed as a response. “Do you really think I’m old?”

 

Joy turned to face Irene, not knowing where this was going.

 

“Do you think I’m too old for you?” Irene probed again. “I mean, your friends are probably dating people of the same age, or with a smaller , but here you are, dating a 5 year older-OUCH!”

 

Irene shifted herself to look at Joy, who had just flicked the former’s forehead. “What was that for?!”

 

“Because you are such an idiot. We are dating, not buying the most suitable product where we can pick and choose. What can I do if my heart chooses you, the oldie? Nothing, except go along with it.”

 

Irene’s heart swelled at Joy’s confession and she nudged the younger girl to sit up, following suit. Unstrapping her backpack, she finally opened the bulky bag for the first time that day, letting out a strangled groan as she peeked into the bag. Curious, Joy leaned in, wanting to look but was swiftly stopped by Irene, who had pulled the bag away in time. Pouting, Joy poked Irene. “What is it~ Show me!”

 

Irene eventually relented, opening the bag wider to reveal a squashed bouquet of sunflowers and lavenders, burying her face in her palms, while Joy looked at her in amusement. “Is it for me?”

 

Joy could make out Irene bobbing her head up and down, the older girl still refusing to look at her. “But it’s all squashed up now.”

 

“It’s okay, I still like it.” Joy replied, removing the bouquet from the bag, spotting a ring box in the bag. “Oh! What is this?”

 

Irene looked up, and her embarrass look was immediately replaced with one of alarm. “Give that back!”

 

Joy held it up as high as she could, and Irene tried to reach out for the box, and in the moment of struggle, the two tumbled back down on the floor again, Joy against the floor, and Irene pinning her down. The two blushed and Irene immediately took the chance to snatch the box back, removing herself from that compromising position. Joy sat up, coughing to clear the awkwardness in the air. “Are you not going to tell me what that is?”

 

Irene seemed to think about it for a second, before sighing and opening the box, revealing two rings to Joy. The younger girl just waited patiently for an explanation. “These are engagement rings. I know this may be too soon but I really like you Sooyoung-ah, I really do. So, I just, you know, think it will be good if we bring our relationship further. But if you are feeling scared or feel that this is too soon, it’s all okay with me…”

 

Joy leaned in to stop Irene from blabbering with a kiss. “You talk too much, Unnie. I do.”

 

Irene couldn’t believe her ears as a small smile creeped on her face. “Say it again.”

 

The younger girl rolled her eyes. “Yes, I want to marry you, Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Are you really okay with marrying a grandma who doesn’t know how to use simple technology?”

 

“That’s why the grandma needs genius girl Park Sooyoung to teach her.”

 

Irene smiled and closed the gap between the two again. “Guess we are a match made in heaven, huh?”

 

“Probably.”

 

A/N: I'M BACK. so this fic will probably end in a few more chapters, i got the rough idea in my head already so i just need to get my lazy moving to write it all out. oh and i'm writing a one-shot now, and have a short on-going idea in my head now so keep a look-out for those too! till the next update!