Snippets

Tamed

Well, Seulgi wasn’t expecting this for her wedding photoshoot. She arrives at a park, with no clue of where she is, what is going on and what she’s supposed to do. Obviously she should have been more involved with the planning process, but obviously that didn’t happen so she just blindly follows behind Irene into a van. Someone she doesn’t know shoves some clothes into her face, asking her to change into them and shuts the van in her face. She hasn’t even gotten the chance to ask about her fiancée! Seulgi just changes into what they gave her begrudgingly and after some light makeup, Irene shuffles her into another area of the park, where the cameras are already set and she finally sees Seungwan.

 

She’s busy discussing something with the cameraman to notice Seulgi’s presence and Seulgi just lets her, standing by the side and waits for the conversation to end. She looks around, checking the equipment one more time and finally spots Seulgi, the girl waiting at the side with her arms behind her back and smile on her face. Seungwan’s face lights up and she runs to Seulgi, engulfing her in a tight hug. Seulgi chuckles and returns the hug as tightly as she can. It’s been a few weeks since they last saw each other properly, Seulgi busy with her business and Wendy busy with the wedding preparations.

 

“I missed you.” Seulgi says.

 

“I missed you more!” Wendy replies while still in Seulgi’s embrace.

 

“I missed you even more!”

 

“I missed you even, even, even more!”

 

Seulgi pulls away from the hug and stares at Wendy with a playful frown. “I’m sorry but I can’t let you win this. I missed you.”

 

Wendy falls back into Seulgi’s embrace with a blissful smile. Seulgi sees Irene and Joy looking at them while trying not to barf and she just smiles sheepishly.

 

--

 

“Okay, I just need you guys to look at the camera and pose naturally.”

 

Wendy strikes a V, and Seulgi stares at the camera intently.

 

Click.

 

--

 

Seulgi hears the chimes of the ice cream truck, drops everything and runs after it. It’s honestly too cold for ice cream, but no one says no to ice cream no matter what. She pays for all the staff, and personally holds on to two cones, raspberry ripple for Seungwan and chocolate almond for herself. She puts the raspberry ripple for Seungwan in front of her face. “Ice cream for the pretty lady?”

 

Wendy hesitates and she doesn’t even have to say it out for Seulgi to know. “Don’t diet. You are already perfect the way you are now.”

 

“I have to diet for the dress.” Wendy says regretfully as she stares at the tempting ice cream.

 

“Why are you trying to fit into the dress? Make the dress fit you. We can always change the measurements.” Seulgi s the cone into Seungwan’s hands. “One wouldn’t hurt.”

 

Ugh, screw it. The diet can wait. They sit on the stairs, enjoying their ice cream while sharing a coat.

 

Click.

 

--

 

The shoot is finally over and they have changed out into their casual sweater and jeans when the rain starts to pour, all the people scrambling for shelter under trees. The trees provide little protection and they are almost entirely drenched when Seulgi just walks out from the tree Seungwan and she is under, just looking up at the sky and getting a free shower.

 

“Seulgi!” Seungwan calls out furiously, “get back in here! You are going to get sick!”

 

“We are soaked already, why not use this chance to play to our hearts’ content if we are going to get sick anyway?” Seulgi starts jumping in puddles. A few puddles later, she’s back pulling Seungwan along with her into the rain and she just chuckles at her silly bear’s antics.

 

Wendy starts jumping around the puddles too, guffawing along with Seulgi as they try to hit each other with the impact of the water even though they are already fully wet. Wendy turns back and grins at Seulgi, who’s looking back at her with her trademark eye smile.

 

Click.

 

--

 

Seulgi didn't know wedding receptions are so hard to organize. From the guest list to the program list and the food for the banquet. The only consolation is that at the end of all this she can finally call Wendy hers. Her official wife now, might she add as she looks at their wedding certificate fondly. She doesn't understand (she still doesn't) the big hoo-ha about getting married, but it does makes her insides squirm a little when she calls Wendy “yeobo” just now. The door opens, and her wife steps out, frown on her face. “What are you doing, go get changed!”

 

Seulgi frowns and pouts. “It's not even a few hours into our marriage but you have already turned into one of those wives that nag nonstop.”

 

Wendy reaches out a hand to hit Seulgi by the shoulders but is stopped in time by the latter. Seulgi pulls Wendy towards her, causing the shorter girl to collide beside her on the couch. She quickly gives a small peck on Wendy’s forehead before fleeing to the room. “But I will still love you, yeobo!”

 

Wendy just shakes her head and smiles as she picks up the wedding certificate. Seeing their names on the paper makes her realize that this is not a dream, and is really happening. Planning for their own wedding after Irene and Joy’s just made it feel like she's planning for someone else again, but finally seeing it on black and white like that, it has finally dawned on her that this is real, that this is her wedding, her wedding with Seulgi. The certificate is gently removed from her hands, and she looks up to see Seulgi smiling at her with the same tenderness. She places the certificate on the table, and holds out her arms for Wendy to take. "Let's go?"

 

Wendy grins and slots her arm through Seulgi's. Yes, this is real and they won’t want to have it any other way.

 

--

 

They greet the guests together; sometimes arm in arm, sometimes hand in hand, sometimes with one’s hand over the other’s waist, their contact never breaking throughout the night. They make small talk with the guests, accept their congratulations and take toasts. Seulgi gets a little excited, drinking a little too much and by the end of the reception, she has to lean on Wendy for support as they send the guests off. Seulgi gives a 90 degree bow to Wendy’s parents, the last guests and she nearly falls to the ground, if not for Wendy’s iron grip around her waist. Wendy drapes Seulgi’s arm around herself, smiling sheepishly at her parents who are looking at them fondly.

 

“Please go well, ahbeoji, ommoni.” Seulgi greets, attempting to bow again. They chuckle. “We’re leaving our daughter in your care from today onwards, Seulgi. Please take care of her well.”

 

“How can I not when she’s so lovable~” Seulgi grins and squeezes Wendy’s cheek together while the latter stares at her incredulously. Seulgi gives her a loud smooch on the cheek and falls limp on Wendy. Wendy’s cheeks flush red while her parents laugh loudly. “Go back in; we will see you soon, alright?” Her mother says as she attempts to give Wendy a side-hug. Wendy tries to return the hug to her best ability, and watches her parents leave in a car before dragging Seulgi back to the hotel room.

 

She dumps Seulgi on the bed, massaging her sore arm from having to half-carry, half-drag Seulgi back up to the room. She shakes her head at the figure on the bed. It’s only the first night of their marriage life and this is really not the type of wife behavior you will expect from your wife of a few hours. Wendy looks at the comatose Seulgi on the bed and gives her a light knock on the head as her way of reprimanding the latter, although she will not know.

 

“That’s for drinking so much you idiot.” Wendy chides while starting to shrug Seulgi out of her dress, afraid that she will get a cold from sleeping in such a skimpy dress. Halfway through, she sees the gunshot scar on Seulgi’s torso and she freezes. It’s a blemish on otherwise perfect looking skin (and abs might she add) and Wendy can’t help but bring her fingers to the scar, running past it. It brings a whine from Seulgi and she stirs a little in her sleep, opening her eyes languidly to look at Wendy before scooting to the side and patting at the space beside her on the bed. Wendy takes the hint and lies down beside Seulgi, immediately snuggling next to the bear while Seulgi drapes her arms over Wendy in a hug.

 

“The scar is gross, isn’t it?” Seulgi drawls lazily, fighting sleep to talk to Wendy.

 

“No it isn’t. It’s cool. Not many people can get shot and survive to tell the tale. At least not many that I know of.” The latter replies.

 

“Well, I hope you still find me cool when we are 80 and wrinkly.”

 

“I probably won’t. We will probably turn into grandmas with aching backs and knees and nag at each other for every single thing. I will probably hate you for not doing the chores and only sleeping all day long and nag at you. But I will probably still love you.” Wendy says and pulls out a little from Seulgi’s embrace to see the latter trying to keep her eyes open. She realizes that her words are too articulate for Seulgi in her drunken and tired stupor and Wendy just chuckles as she cups Seulgi’s flushed cheeks. “Come on, I will just change you out of this dress and you can go to bed.”

 

At this, Seulgi groans and tightens her hug around Wendy. “Too tired… let’s just wash up tomorrow.”

 

Stifling her yawn, Wendy finds herself succumbing to sleep too and is unable to reject Seulgi’s offer. She snuggles back to the crook of Seulgi’s neck and stays there, allowing sleep to take over her. “Okay then.”

 

But before she falls asleep, she hears Seulgi’s reply and it brings a smile to her face as she succumbs to the Z monster.

 

“And for the record, I will still love you too.”

 

--

finally epilogue next!! sorry this took a year xD it's 2016 and i hope things have been going well for you guys so far!!

the new fic will probably be up with the epilogue, so pls show some love to it too!! :) 

new year means another round of birthday celebrations and i have a few ideas in mind that i can, hopefully churn it out before 2/10 and 2/21 (i wish, i hope, i pray)

see you guys around next update!