First Meeting

Tamed

Irene was about to give the girl who bumped into her an earful when she looked at the girl’s face and noticed the tears and contorted look of the girl. Sighing, she watched as the girl bowed and straggled her way to the entrance. Shaking her head, she headed into the house and glared at the bear-like girl standing by the glass windows with her arms folded. Seulgi turned around and smiled at Irene, as if she didn’t just send a girl off crying. Irene shook her head and sat on the couch, there was no point reprimanding Seulgi.

 

“I don’t care what you do to those girls, but can you at least make it clear to them we are not in any type of intimate relationship? God they keep coming to wreak havoc at my office and my dad isn’t happy.”

 

Seulgi shrugged nonchalantly. “They will get over it. Let’s get dinner.”

 

--

 

Seulgi tapped her feet according to the rhythm and smiled as she swirled the wine glass in her hand before taking a sip. The bear like girl was watching the singer from the live band with a glint in her eyes that Irene didn’t quite like. The older girl looked at the younger before rolling her eyes and drinking from her own cup. Seulgi turned and narrowed her eyes at the older girl.

 

“I can sense your displeasure, unnie.”

 

“I see that you have found your next victim.”

 

“Not victim, just potential lover.”

 

Irene snorted. “Lover? Don’t make me laugh. What does a player like you know about love?”

 

“That’s exactly the point! Since I have dated and loved so many girls, I should know the most about it.”

 

Irene rolled her eyes.

 

“I hope your eyes get stuck up there.” Seulgi said as she continued to look at the singer with a determined smile.

 

--

 

Wendy bowed to the thundering applause of the people in the restaurant and gave a small smile before leaving the stage. It was always her dream to be able to perform in front of a crowd, and although this wasn’t what she had expected, it was enough to make her feel satisfied.

 

“Good job as always Wendy-ssi.” The manager patted Wendy on the back before trying to slide his hand down to her waist. The girl shifted away uncomfortably while giving a strained smile to the man.

 

“Thank you manager-nim. I’ll be going now.” Wendy greeted before trying to walk away.

 

The manager gripped Wendy’s hand and roughly pulled her closer to him. “Why are you so afraid of me? I mean no harm..” He smirked and brushed a finger across her cheeks.

 

“Manager-nim, please let me go.” Wendy said as she struggled against the man’s tight grip.

 

Suddenly, the man fell to the ground and Wendy felt hands pulling her into an embrace. Looking up, she saw that her savior was a girl with small eyes and really cute ears.

 

“Are you okay, miss?” The girl asked.

 

Wendy could only nod, and the other girl replied with a small smile. When she smiled, Wendy realized the girl resembled a teddy bear. Wendy blushed and looked at the floor as she felt herself heating up at the intense gaze of the bear-like girl. What is wrong with me, Wendy thought, it hasn’t even been a minute since she met this girl but she is already having the hots for this girl?! She could feel the girl stepping forward to stand between her and the manager and the girl addressing the manager rather harshly.

 

“What do you think you were doing Ahjussi?” Seulgi asked incredulously.

 

The manager’s initial anger paled into fear when he realized the attacker. “I am so sorry, Miss Kang, I.. I.. She was the one who seduced me!”

 

Wendy went speechless at the man’s audacity to push the blame back on her and luckily for her, the ‘Miss Kang’ didn’t believe the manager. Seulgi snorted and stared at the manager. “The nerve of you to lie when I just caught you red-handed.”

 

The manager immediately changed tactics, hugging one of Seulgi’s legs. “I’m so sorry Miss Kang please don’t fire me, I really need this job to feed my family. My wife just gave birth to my second child and my first child is…”

 

Seulgi put up her palm, stopping the man from blabbering any longer. “You have just spoilt our restaurant’s reputation and I’m not going to leave you here to taint my restaurant’s record. I don’t care what ty circumstances you and your family are facing. You are fired with immediate effect, so get out of my restaurant.”

 

Seeing no response from the manager, Seulgi continued. “Do I have to call the guards to drag you, this piece of trash out, or do you want to reserve the little bit of dignity you have to walk out of here with your own feet?”

 

The manager gritted his teeth and glared at Wendy before storming out of the restaurant.

 

Seulgi turned and bowed at Wendy. “I apologize on behalf of my staff, miss..?”

 

“My name is Wendy Son.” Wendy gave a small smile and stuck out her hand.

 

Seulgi took it gladly. “Wendy-ssi, so sorry again for my staff. My name is Kang Seulgi, the owner of this restaurant.”

 

--

 

Seulgi had insisted that Wendy took the taxi back home and thus the two are stuck in the cold waiting for a taxi. All this time, Seulgi had been nothing but courteous, polite and warm, trying to engage Wendy in small talk but all Wendy could muster was short and curt replies because of her nervousness around the older girl. Wendy cursed herself inwardly as she narrowed her gaze to the floor. Why was Seulgi so goddamn charming that it made her, Wendy Son, the outgoing socializer become a mute?

 

As she was fumbling with her fingers, she could someone slipping a cloth over her head. Once the cloth went down to her neck, Wendy saw that Seulgi had taken off her bear pull-over and slipped it on her. Finally looking at the slightly older girl, Wendy saw that Seulgi had a small smile while holding the door of the taxi open.

 

“Don’t catch a cold.” Seulgi half pushed, half ushered Wendy into the cab.

 

“But your pull-over…” Wendy trailed.

 

“It’s okay, return it to me the next time.” Seulgi said before turning her attention to the taxi driver. “Ahjussi, please take her home safely! Thank you.”

 

Closing the taxi door, Seulgi waved and watched as Wendy hesitated, but returned with a small wave in the end before the cab drove off. As she watched the car go off, Seulgi smiled to herself. “Totally my style of girl.”

 

--

 

“Moa-yah, you and the singer sure progressed quickly, judging by your clothes, or the lack of it.” Irene side eyed the younger girl.

 

“Get your mind out of the gutter gosh. It was just an act of chivalry of giving my pull-over to a girl.” Seulgi said as she sat down and took a sip of her drink.

 

“Tch, chivalry my …”

 

Seulgi couldn’t hear the older girl as all that was on her mind was the cute guitarist singer named Wendy. The way Wendy belts out those notes filled with emotions that resonated with Seulgi’s entire being, the way she curls loose strands of hair behind her ear made Seulgi’s heart flutter and the way she smiles is just… breathtaking. Seulgi smiled to herself again. She can already feel herself anticipating this 'romance'. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Wow I'm really surprised with the response?! Didn't know there were so many Seuldy shippers out there?  But anyway, thank you guys for supporting this story, hopefully you guys liked this first chapter! What do you guys think of it? Too draggy? Too much dialouge? More description? I will really appreciate it if you guys can leave some comments/criticism/suggestions/etc in the comment section! :)

Sorry if it's a little boring cos this is just the setting for the story, do stay tuned for the next chapters! This will be a really long fic though, so do bear with me if I take too long to update or anything~ :D