The Flashback Week (Day 3)

Saving All My Love For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was his third birthday - He was just a little kid, but he could understand and feel the presence of his father.

His father was supposed to be there, enjoying the birthday party, 5 hours earlier. At the beginning of the party his dad had told him that he'd be there within an hour, but his father never appeared.

Then at around midnight, he heard his bedroom door creek open. Scared to death, the boy was relieved and surprised to receive a bear hug from his father.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here earlier.......But now that I'm here lets go amd check out your gift." His father said, carrying the boy on his shoulder.

If he were asked then, the boy would've said that his father's shoulders were the safest and the strongest.

The boy was thrilled on seeing the grand piano placed in the enormous living room - it was his birthday gift from his father.

The scene shifted to his tenth birthday - he was with his friends loitering around the boarding school campus when suddenly he was called to the principal's office.

The moment he stepped inside the office, his eyes immediately spotted his father. His father asked him to come along and they drove to the airport where they boarded his family's private jet and in an hour landed in Incheon Airport.

Once they stepped out of the airport, his father blindfolded him before getting into the white Audi. After a long ride the Audi finally stopped. He and his father got out of the car and his father led him until they finally stopped at a spot.

"Saengil Chukhaey! (Happy Birthday!) Do you like your birthday present?" His father enthusiastically asked, opening the blindfold.

The boy was stunned. His father had gifted him a FREAKING amusement park.

He hugged his father in response. He heard his father chuckle before saying, "Okay now, how about trying out the rides?"

And then finally, the scene shifted to one where all were wearing black. The boy, now thirteen stared at the casket where his father lay.

He was barely two months from his next birthday and the last conversation he had, had with his father was regarding what gift he wanted for his birthday. And the conversation had taken place just a day ago. At that time the boy couldn't think about his gift for he had everything that a boy who was his age could wish for. A loving family consisting of the coolest parents, great friends, the gadgets and everything.

For heaven's sake he owned 3 five-stars across the continent, an amusement park, a beachhouse in Florida, a ranch in Texas - and they were all gifts he had received from his father. He'd t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter