[6]

He Has the Handcuffs [Original Sequel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
He has the handcuffs LAYOUT CREDIT Written  by KaihleeLo thoughtful SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW MORE

Dongjun threw the bags into the fridge without looking at its contents. He slammed the door shut, "Uncle? Another uncle? What kind of uncle insults his brother? Ha, just wait for it. If I see him alone out on the streets I'm going to break his leg," Dongjun huffed. 

Hoya locked the front door and moved over to the couches, "Please take a seat." Hoya gestured as he sat on one while Sungjong sat on the other, the one Dongjun usually sit on. "So what's up? Did something go wrong with the handphone you bought yesterday?" 

Sungjong shook his head, "Actually I planned to make it my last visit yesterday, but after seeing Dongjun for some reason I was drawn to that child. He really reminded me of Teacher Han so I came back, I thought I should introduce myself to him after almost two decades." Sungjong explained. Hoya formed a thin line between his lips and nodded. 

"I see, should I call him down then?" 

"Not yet, I have other issues to discuss with you." Sungjong quickly added. Hoya listened carefully, wondering what issues Lee Sungjong may have that would have anything to do with him. After all, Sungjong was Lizzy's friend and not Hoya's from the beginning. 

"What's on your mind?"

"I saw Kim Soo Hyun a few years ago, Dongjun, he's really their child right?"

"Yeah...." 

"There was a deal involved I was told?" 

Hoya nodded, "Yes we made a deal." 

"Would you mind sharing the details? I've been meaning to ask them but you know they've relocated once again. Those two....They've been running away for the past two decades." 

Hoya swallowed the lump in his throat before continuing, "Ga In and Soo Hyun said if Dongjun chose the path of a detective, by any means they will take him back. Because that would put him in danger....They didn't want to put Dongjun and me in danger alone...." 

"Then? You may keep the child if he doesn't become a detective?" 

Hoya nodded at that, Sungjong sighed and pitied him. "That child, he's still young, he wouldn't want to know what he wanted to be. I guess you and him still have many more years to be together." Sungjong said looking at the stairs with a half smile. 

Hoya sighed, "He'd sworn to become a detective in three years. I'm afraid our time together wouldn't be that much longer." 

Sungjong looked down at his knees, "I see. It must have been hard on you for the past years." Sungjong's tone was lower and held, even more, pity and sympathy. 

To avoid the gloomy atmosphere, Hoya suggested calling Dongjun down in which Sungjong agreed. "Dongjun come down!" Hoya called. 

Dongjun shut the door to the bathroom, "Seriously, right when I was going to go, tch this inconsiderate dad." Dongjun cursed but headed downstairs anyway. 

He saw Hoya and Sungjong standing near the front door, Dongjun stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked at Hoya after shooting Sungjong a death glare. "Greet your mom's friend, Uncle Lee," Hoya said. 

Dongjun bowed without any effort, "Hello." He said weakly.

Hoya clicked his tongue. "Do it properly you brat!" 

Sungjong held out a hand to stop Hoya. "Right. Earlier I've offended Dongjun by bringing up similar features. But after seeing him this close I'm not going to apologize." 

Dongjun looked at him with annoyed eyes. 

"I've only spoken the truth, so I won't apologize," Sungjong said, Dongjun scoffed. 

"The truth? Are you talking about my or your family sir?" Dongjun questioned, Hoya in his breath. 

"Brat! Why are you acting up?!" 

"No, you're right. My parents are shorter than me because growing up they gave me only the good and healthy food, so they didn't have the nutrition they needed." Sungjong commented. Dongjun smirked and looked directly into the lad's eyes. 

"I wonder, did all of that nutrition go into height and not your brains? You got height but lack brain cells, is that it?!" 

"Dongjun you rascal shut your mouth!" Hoya shouted with furious eyes. "Get lost!" 

"Get lost? Sorry dad, I live here with you but this man doesn't!" Dongjun pointed his finger at Sungjong's face, "He's the one who should get lost!" 

Hoya slapped Dongjun across the cheek, "And with this temper and attitude, you wanted to become a detective?! No one will want someone like you to protect them so change your attitude you brat!" Hoya shouted. 

Dongjun covered his cheek with one hand, he shot his head toward Hoya. 

Then a knock came to the door, it was a man holding a chair. "Lee Dongjun? Your table set is here." The man called from behind the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter