[5]

He Has the Handcuffs [Original Sequel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
He has the handcuffs LAYOUT CREDIT Written  by KaihleeLo running the business SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW MORE

Dongjun entered the restaurant after locking up the shop. He saw Hoya sitting at a table. Dongju approached him and sat across from the lad and watched as the man greet him with a smile. The restaurant wasn't as crowded as usual, but there were more young couples eating compare to the regular family customers. 

"Perfect timing, our ramen was served just now. Eat up." Hoya said as he unwrapped his and Dongjun's chopsticks from within the napkins. Hoya focused on stirring his ramen while Dongjun looked at him, after the lad placed his chopsticks into his bowl. 

"Dad, when I become a detective and make some money, what do you want? I'll get it for you." Dongjun grabbed the chopsticks and held it in hand as he watched Hoya's reaction. 

Hoya picked up some noodles with the twin sticks, "Detective....How are you going to become a detective when I can barely feed you?" 

Dongjun smiled, "Don't worry dad, I have my ways around it-"

"Forget it Dongjun." Hoya said in a low tone as he looked up from the round bowl, "Give up on being a detective, you won't succeed without any money." Hoya started picking his food again. 

"Didn't you say you'd support me? If you're worried about money then Uncle said he can support me-"

"No. I don't want you to owe anyone anything. I'd rather you live as a bum then be a burden and freeloader off of your uncle and aunt." Hoya said before putting some noodles in his mouth. 

Dongjun thought for a moment before continuing, "Then I won't ask for uncle's support, I won't ask anyone else for help, I just want your support dad." 

"You won't give up will you?" Hoya asked with a frowned. 

"Dad, asking me to give up is like telling me I've joined that side that believed Song Minho's killer is Han Joseok."

Hoya sighed at that, "Dongjun, being a detective is harder than what you think. I've always told you that there are two sides to everything, if you bring justice to one side then you're also causing hate on the other side. If someone isn't happy with you he or she may come after you, if that happens you'd never find a happy ending."

"But dad, I won't do that. I'd bring justice to both sides, if I have to, I will chase down everyone that hates me and persuade them I meant no harm. I want to be fair to both sides." 

"Even if you're being unfair to yourself?" 

"Ha, if I'm fair to both sides, of course, it'd be fair for all parties dad," Dongjun said with a bright smile. "Don't worry dad, even if some people do hate me, I won't let them hurt you."

"Dongjun, can't you re-think this? Why not a doctor or lawyer? Why a detective son?"

Dongjun heaved a sigh and dropped the chopsticks back into the bowl, "I won't be able to catch those bad guys. Bad guys aren't afraid of doctors and lawyers, they're only scared of police and detectives." 

Hoya sighed, "I give up, do what you want to do. I'll keep my words this time and support you." 

Dongjun looked at his dad with a smugged smile, "Promise me this time dad!" 

Hoya flicked the lad's forehead when he got too loud, catching the attention of others. Dongjun chuckled and rubbed his temple while Hoya began eating again. "Eat your food before it gets cold you loud punk." 

"Oh dad," Dongjun reached into his pocket and pull out two matching necklaces, except one had a small black lock while the other had a golden key. "here." Dongjun unhooked the necklace with the key and shot up from his seat, as he rushed to stand behind his dad he placed it around Hoya's neck. 

"Why? What? What is this?" Hoya asked with curiosity. Dongjun chuckled. 

"Necklaces, I saw them at an accessory store so I bought them."

"What for?" 

Dongjun sat down again and held up the lock with one hand, "I'm going to lock all of my determination and dreams in here and strive to become one of Seoul's best detective in a time period of three years, if I succeed then dad you can unlock this lock with the key around your neck." 

"And if you fail?" 

"Then I'll wear this lock around my neck forever as a symbol of failure, and you can toss the key then. Dad, put this on me?" Dongjun flashed an eye-smile at Hoya.

The older coughed. 

"Eat now, our food's getting cold. I didn't waste money so I can eat cold ramen." Hoya growled, Dongjun pouted. 

"Tch, we can always ask them to re-heat it, what's the big deal?" Dongjun asked himself quietly. Hoya cleared his throat aloud, trying not to let Dongjun's comment bother him as he ate quickly. Dongjun slid the necklace back into his pocket and grabbed the pair of sticks. 

Though outside was still cold as winter was still around. Inside the small restaurant, Dongjun and Hoya were enjoying a warm meal and warmth from one another's company. 

Little did they know, a man had his eyes on them from outside since Dongjun first came into the building. He squinted his eyes a little. 

That child really resembles his mother. What a shame. 

Back at home, on the top floor, Dongjun was looking at the unlocked lock necklace in hand. He smiled to himself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter