[1]

He Has the Handcuffs [Original Sequel]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  CHAPTER ONE Daddy hoHo It was that time of the year, where families and friends receive and give presents if they could afford it.

Inside a shop with long glass cases of displayed phones. At one counter was a tiny green Christmas tree with a few boring ornaments and some empty boxes wrapped in silver, red, and green wrappers with spiky ribbons. Nothing special. 

Dongjun was bored out of his mind. Dongjun was wearing a black sweater with long dark blue jeans, and no shoes on. 

It was Christmas eve yet his father showed no signs of surprising him with great presents and exciting gifts. He was too busy taking care of customers at the counter. 

People. People who come in to purchase a new phone before the shop was closed for Christmas. Dongjun sat quietly on the single couch for two by the door. He was well aware, if it's not past midnight, then his father will still serve customers. That meant no time to deal with him. 

Christmas eve every year also make for a long day of seeing customers, no attention from his dad, boring-est day of the year, and too cold to run around outside. And just ten minutes before closing, what does he like to do? Scare and annoy the customers so they will never come back to the shop.

He watched the clock on the wall most carefully, he can't be one second late. Once the second hand hit '12' he snickered, "Hey daddy." He called from across the room, when his father pays him no attention he continues, "Daddy HoHo, daddy Hoho I'm tired. Daddy~" 

"You know where your room is." His father replied. Dongjun yawned dramatically. 

"Daddy, you said tonight you'll sleep with me and read me a good bedtime story like when I was a kid. Have you forgotten?" 

His dad, a muscular man from across the counter glared over at him. "Jang Dongwoo, help me take care of these customers." 

Dongwoo nodded and hurried over, "Okay Hoya! I can help you all over here." 

"Lee Dongjun, come with me." The man scowled as he headed toward the stairs at one end and continued upstairs. Dongjun smiled and hurried off the couch, he ran up the stairs after his father. 

Upstairs was a basement with two beds, a small television, tiny kitchen and a bathroom at the end. "Yes, dad?" The shorter and older man turned to face him. 

"Why are you acting up again? How many times have I told you not to do this? You know I have to raise us and in order to do so properly, I need to do well with the merchandise. Do you understand me? You're already 17, all I'm asking for is your understanding. I won't ask you to help me with work, just that you can understand me and do well in school." 

"I don't want to go to school anymore dad...."

"What?"

"I....I dropped out of school last week...." 

"Who gave you permission to drop out?!" Hoya asked in a stormed tone. Dongjun flinched a little at that. 

"I feel bad for you...."

"You stupid fool, what is it about me that made you drop out without discussing it with me?!" 

Dongjun shot his gaze up, meeting the other, "It's because it's so expensive and I don't even want to learn, I didn't want you to waste money on my education again when I'm not even going to study!" 

"I will talk to your school sometime this week, you are to go back to school after winter break!" Hoya brushed past him. 

"No! I won't go back, even if you tie me up and dragged me to my seat at school. I won't sit and I won't pay attention in class!" 

"Fine, be a bum for the rest of your life! See if anyone will care to take care of you after I die!" Hoya stormed down the stairs. Dongjun breathed in and out heavily, his hands forming into tight fists.  Dongjun sat on the bed against the wall. The mattress creaked at his movements.

Teacher told us your mom died in a fire at her friend's hands. Your dad didn't tell you? 

I heard your dad and mom doesn't even love each other, she liked some other man. 

Is your dad Lee Hoya? You mean the man who lives with phones? Hahahaha

'Dad....At school, everyone keeps spreading rumors about you.... Why do you want me in that kind of environment? Why do we live in this environment? Why do you have to sell phones for a living...?' 

It was past midnight, he could hear the ringing of the bell as the front door was opened then closed. The last customer had just left. He heard 'Uncle Dongwoo's' laughter and good-byes as he left the shop. 

Then he heard his dad's steps on the first steps. It grew over time until Hoya stepped onto the floor of the second floor. Their eyes met but Hoya was the first to break it as he headed into the kitchen, he pulled out some sandwich's items. "Do you want a sandwich?" He asked Dongjun. 

"Yeah...." 

The room fell silent again as he watched Hoya from behind. Hoya had a wide back and broad shoulders, no matter children in the neighborhood wouldn't dare make fun of D
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter