Wedding

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Tao! Get up! Get up! Get up!" Luhan was jumping up and down on my bed, landing on my arm with a painful jolt. I groaned, turning away from him and covering my face with my arm. 
    "What are you doing here?" I grumbled sleepily. He tugged on my arm insistently, his knees colliding with my hipbone. 
    "You have four hours until your wedding!" Luhan sang, slamming his hands down on my stomach. 
    "You're going to break me!" I yelled, curling up in a ball and shoving the pillow over my head. 
    "Tao, get up!" Luhan shrieked. 
    "He's not going to stop, you know." Yixing drawled, and I poked my head up to look at him sitting in a chair by the bed. Yixing had his legs crossed easily and was paging through a magazine, doing his best to ignore us. 
    "Alright, I'm up, I'm up." I groaned, shoving Luhan off my back and stumbling out of bed. I groggily looked around the messy bedroom, barely having time to stretch before Luhan yanked me towards the bathroom. 
     "Hurry up and shower so we can do your hair and makeup!" Luhan burbled happily, turning on my shower faucet and jerking back with a small shriek when he got sprayed. 
    "Stop yelling..." I said, an amused smile on my face despite myself. Luhan ignored me, tugging off my tank top and almost moving on to the hem of my sweatpants before I smacked him away. 
    "What?" Luhan asked. I glared at him, pointing to the door and waiting until he closed it firmly to undress. 
    I showered quickly, butterflies beginning to bloom in my stomach. I assumed Kris would be at Suho's house getting ready with Suho and Xiumin, and I smiled when I pictured him in his tux. I took a few moments under the water to collect myself and prepare for an excited Luhan, then turned off the water and stepped out. 
    As soon as I had a towel around my waist, the door swung open again and Luhan sprang inside. I squeaked and almost dropped the towel, yanking it up higher and draping my forearm across my bare stomach. 
    "Here you go." Luhan smiled, handing me a pair of clean boxers and turning to unload the black bag in his arms. 
    "Luhan!" I scolded, feeling slightly scandalized and more than slightly exposed. He rolled his eyes, swiveling his torso further away from me and beginning to pull various makeup and hair supplies out of his bag. 
    "Nothing I haven't seen before." Luhan muttered, humming a little to himself and pawing through several kinds of brushes. "Yixing, can you bring me the bag on the bed?!"
    Yixing came stumbling in a few seconds later, one palm pressed firmly to his eyes and a bulky blue bag dangling from the other wrist. 
    "Here. Is Tao decent?" Yixing asked, almost hitting Luhan in the face when he swung the bag to the side. Luhan expertly ducked under the makeshift weapon and I took advantage of his distraction, yanking the white boxers on underneath my towel. 
    "I'm good, Yixing. Thanks for being so considerate." I said, stressing the last word with a pointed look at Luhan. He only clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes another time, pulling out combs and hair clips. 
    "Can you go grab the chair?" Luhan asked, fiddling with tubes of foundation and concealer. Yixing left and I hung my towel up on the rack, raking my fingers through my dripping wet hair. 
    "Do I really need all this makeup?" I asked skeptically, eyeing the army of tubes and bottles on the countertop. 
    "I'm trying to make you look perfect." Luhan murmured, busy dabbing experimental dots of liquid onto my wrist and trying to blend them into my skin.
    ", I'm already perfect." I mumbled, looking up when Yixing dragged one of the kitchen stools into the bathroom. 
    "Sit down." Luhan said, ignoring my flippancy with a disapproving frown and motioning to the stool. I sat down obediently, looking suspiciously at Luhan when he started pinning my wet hair back away from my face. 
    "Don't look at me like that." Luhan said with a roll of his eyes, picking up a tube and a brush. He set to work sweeping makeup onto my face and I struggled not to scrunch my nose, trying to stay still. 
    He moved on to my neck and I flinched, the bristles tickling the sensitive skin along my throat. 
    "What?" Luhan asked. 
    "What is that?" I asked in reply, opening my eyes slowly when he remained on my neck. 
    "Its foundation." Luhan said matter-of-factly, his wrist moving fluidly as he swept down to the hollow of my throat. 
    "Why is it on my neck?" I asked, blinking when he finally put his brush down and picked up eyeliner pencil. 
    "Stop whining." Luhan muttered, waiting for me to close my eyes before edging them in black. 
    "I'll go grab the tux." Yixing said cheerfully, hopping down from the countertop and swinging through the door. 
    Luhan set down the pencil and pulled out the pins, plugging in a hair dryer and beginning to carefully style my hair. The warm air made goosebumps prickle across the bare skin of my chest and I closed my eyes, rubbing my thumb absentmindedly on my ring. 
    Yixing came back into the bathroom and hung the covered tux on the hook on the door, climbing back onto the countertop.
    "Be careful not to wrinkle it!" Luhan said, combing through my hair once more and fixing it in place with some gel. 
    "I am." Yixing said, drawing his knees up and resting his chin on them, watching me. "Tao, you look really good." 
    "Thanks." I smiled. Luhan stepped back with a satisfied nod, slowly ping the covering and dropping it down to the tiled floor. 
    "Go sit downstairs and have Yixing make you some breakfast. Don't smudge your makeup." Luhan warned. 
    "How about some fruit and oatmeal?" Yixing asked as we walked down the stairs. He snagged a soft robe for me from the laundry pile and I put it on, snuggling into the warm fluffy fabric. It was Kris' robe and it smelled of him, making me smile as I sat at the kitchen counter. 
     After breakfast, I went back upstairs and brushed my teeth. Luhan helped me into my tux and I took a moment to look at myself in the mirror while he fastened the silver dragon earring in my ear.
    The Gucci tux was made up of fitted black pants and a tailored white button-down shirt that had black buttons. The white jacket had a black lining that folded over elegantly and created a black silk line that ran from my neckline to the middle button. The only thing to add to the tux was a black bow tie, and Luhan tied it expertly. 
    "Okay, we'll just get into our tuxes and then we'll get going." Luhan smiled, clapping his hands and urging Yixing to follow him into the bedroom. 
    They disappeared and I followed, unplugging my phone and feeling a small trickle of surprise when I saw I had a new message from Xiumin. 
    I clicked on it, smiling when a video message popped up on my screen. I pressed play, sitting down on the edge of the bed and grinning wider when Kris appeared. 
    "Hey, Peach!" Kris waved widely, walking with the phone camera recording his face. His hair was wet and he still looked sleepy, a bright smile splitting his face nonetheless. 
    "I know I'm not supposed to see you before the wedding, but this is technically allowed right? I mean, I could be totally wrong, but I'm going to plead ignorance to human ways." An adorable smile was curling his lips and crinkling his eyes and I couldn't help giggling a little. 
    "I just wanted to let you know, I'm so happy today is finally here, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have you. Please get here safe and get here soon, okay? Love you, baby." Kris waved cutely, then blew me a kiss. The camera cut off and I smiled, slipping my phone into my pocket. 
    "Ready?" Yixing asked, smiling at me. I nodded, standing up and pulling on shoes and socks. 
    We made it down to the car and climbed inside, Luhan carefully taking the wheel and keeping his eyes fixed on the road the entire time. Kris and I had booked a beautiful park for the wedding and there was a large white tent sitting on the fresh green grass, ready for us. 
    There was still half an hour until the actual wedding and guests were milling across the lawn, talking and balancing delicate glasses of water and wine. Luhan and Yixing whisked me into a side tent that had been split in two, the second side firmly concealed. I could hear Kris, Suho, and Xiumin ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter