Marked

Dragon Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


    I opened my eyes a tiny crack and groaned immediately at the sore pulse of pain spreading from my lower back up. There was a harsh stab of pain at the nape of my neck, in sharp contrast to the sore feeling at my waist. A weight settled next to me on the bed, and Kris' hand smoothed along my back gently. 
    "I brought you some coffee." Kris whispered, setting down a mug on the end table next to me. 
    "Thank you." I mumbled, smiling softly when he kissed the top of my head. Kris left and the sound of running water spread through the bedroom. He came back a few minutes later and shook my shoulder gently. 
    "Come on, a hot bath will feel good." Kris smiled. I nodded and made my way through the connecting door. 
    I smiled when I saw the bathtub, frothing with bubbles and red rose petals. Sighing and dipping one foot into the warm water, I slid all the way down. When the bubbles were mostly gone and the water had cooled, I stepped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around myself. 
    I took a moment to look in the mirror, tracing the new silver scar on my shoulder. The crescent shaped bite had healed by now, and I smiled remembering the feeling Kris had given me when he marked me. Like I was on fire and freezing cold at the same time, my skin tingling. Kris stepped into the bedroom, and his voice made me turn. 
    "Oh good, you're out. I booked us a couples massage." Kris smiled, walking in to give me a back hug. 
    "A what?" I said, still a little sleepy from my bath. Kris chuckled and guided me back to the bedroom, pulling out loose jeans and a t-shirt. 
    "A massage. You know, they even have hot stones and everything." Kris smiled, handing me the clothes. 
    "Hot stones?" I mumbled, grimacing slightly when I sat down on the bed. Kris nodded and then bent down, grabbing something on the floor and holding it up. 
    "Yeah. By the way, what do you want me to do with these?" Kris asked. I looked at the ripped navy blue shirts and turned bright red, clearing my throat awkwardly. 
    "Uh, you can just throw those away." I squeaked. Kris nodded, before picking up the equally shredded shirt.
    "And this?" Kris asked. I waved my hand dismissively and Kris nodded, scrunching the clothes into a ball and shooting them into the bathroom wastebasket like a basketball. 
    I slid into the clothes and wrapped a scarf around my neck, knowing it would be cold outside now. Kris turned to slide into his shirt, and I squeaked in surprise. There was a new tattoo on Kris' back, right at the nape of his neck. Kris paused at my squeak, and I walked forward to trace my fingers over it. Kris flinched and I trailed my hands down to curve over the wing ridges under his skin. 
    "When did you get a new tattoo?" I asked. Kris turned and gave me a gentle smile, shaking his head. 
    "It's not a tattoo. It's a mark. You have one too." Kris said. My eyes widened and I remembered the sharp pain from my neck. 
    "Really?" Kris nodded and I walked back to the bathroom, using the large mirror to look at my back. There was matching tattoo right at the nape of my neck, and I traced it softly. 
    "Are you mad?" Kris asked, leaning against the doorway. I shook my head, turning to him with a smile. 
    "Xiumin and Luhan are going to give me hell for getting a tattoo, but who cares?" I laughed. Kris smiled and walked forward to give me a hug, holding me firmly against his chest.        
    "I love you." Kris murmured. I snuggled into his chest, humming contentedly against him. 
    "I love you more." I smiled. Kris shook his head, a teasing gleam entering his eyes as he smirked down at me. 
    "Not possible." Kris said. I smiled right back, turning to finish getting dressed. 
    "I love you more than the universe." I called. Kris chuckled from the bathroom, busy brushing his teeth. 
    "I love you more than the galaxy." Kris said. I scrunched my nose at his cheesiness and walked downstairs, poking around in the kitchen. There was absolutely no food other than a tin of coffee, salt, and pepper and I pouted, pulling on a jacket and converse. 
    "Ready to go?" Kris called, thumping his way down the stairs and smiling at me. I nodded and he unlocked the door, twining our hands together and walking with me towards the large swimming pool I had seen last night. 
    There was a large building next to the pool, and Kris pulled me towards it. We got maybe 100 feet away from it when I tripped yet again on a pinecone littering the ground. Kris sighed and laughed at me, bending down so I could jump on his back. 
    "You're the most uncoordinated person I've ever seen." Kris laughed at me, walking towards the building. 
    "It's your fault." I pouted. "You could've been gentler last night."
    "And miss out on all that fun? You know you liked it." Kris smirked. I smacked the top of his head and he flinched, starting to jog until we reached the large wooden building. 
    Kris set me down outside and opened the door for me, waving me inside and leading me upstairs. There was an elaborate wooden spiral staircase leading to the top level, and the second floor was split into a gym and a spa. 
    "This way, Peach." Kris smiled, walking towards the desk to the spa. There was a small stone fountain with rose petals, and I admired that while Kris spoke to the pretty woman behind the counter. 
    "Alright, your appointments are all set. If you just go through that door, you'll find everything you need." She smiled, pointing to a door to the left. 
    "Thanks very much." Kris smiled, waving me along. I smiled at her and she nodded, turning to walk through a different door behind the desk. 
    Kris and I walked through the door to a large room. There were two fluffy white bathrobes waiting for us, along with two lockers for our clothes. I made a quick dash to the dish of candy next to the bathrobes, and Kris laughed at me. 
    "You want some?" I slurred through a mouthful of mints. Kris laughed and shook his head, pulling off his jeans and shirt and tying one robe over his boxers. 
    "Get changed, silly panda." Kris smiled, holding the dish out of reach until I changed and locked our clothes up.     
    "Can I have the candy back now?" I asked, pouting up at him. Kris nodded and handed me the dish, smiling when I kissed his cheek. 
    "Do you want some?" I asked, holding out the dish. Kris captured my waist in a hug and kissed me, breaking it off with a smile. 
    "I've got all the sweetness I need right here." Kris smirked. I made a face and smacked his bicep gently. 
    "So cheesy!" I exclaimed, making Kris laugh. There was a knock on the door and Kris hurried to open it, beckoning for me to follow.     
    "Hello, I'm Woohyun and this is Sunggyu. We're here to do your massages." A man with dark brown hair was waiting in the hallway for us. 
    "Okay, uh, I'm Kris. And this is Tao." Kris said, shaking Woohyun's hand. Woohyun nodded and Sunggyu next to him shook my hand. 
    "Pleased to meet you. Please follow us." Sunggyu smiled, his eyes completely disappearing, and beckoned us through a close door. 
    The spa room was steamy and warm, and I sighed when I inhaled the pure scent of jasmine. There were candles everywhere providing dim light, and a small fountain burbled in the corner. Woohyun guided me over to one of the white padded tables in the middle of the room, Kris and Sunggyu following obediently. 
    My bare feet scuffed over the tatami mats on the floor, and I paused by the first table. Woohyun directed me to remove my robe and leave my boxers on, and then lie down on my stomach. Kris did the same next to me, and I sighed when Woohyun spread a steamy towel over my . 
    "We'll be back in a few minutes." Sunggyu said quietly, padding outside with Woohyun. One of Kris' dangling hands found mine, and I laced our fingers together with a happy smile. Turning my head to look at Kris, I found him already staring at me. 
    "This is really nice." I hummed, squeezing his fingers. From the candles to the warmth of the towel on my back, I could feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter