Chapter 7

Endless Lies

 

 

"So how did you guys meet?" 

"When did you guys meet?" 

"Where did you guys meet?" 

"What's your relationship with her?" 

Jin stared at Taeyeon blankly while balancing her head in her hands. Now that she was here, actually listening to her, she wasn’t liking her very much. Nosy. Dramatic. Annoying. What did he see in her? 

"Umm.. It's kinda... Complicated." Muttered Baekhyun, rubbing the back if his neck. He pushed his tray of lunch towards Jin. 

"Have some." He told Jin softly. He smiled and gestured towards the other half of his sandwich. 

"I think I can catch up." said Taeyeon gaining Baekhyun's attention again. 

".... Well, It would take a while to explain.." 

"We have time." She crossed her arms. 

"Why aren't you asking me?" Jin asked, picking up the sandwich. 

"Because you probably wouldn't tell me." She said, giving her a judging look. 

"You're right!" She said, laughing a little and pointing the edge of her sandwich at her.

"You know why? Because it's none of your business." She said, examining her sandwich and then taking a bite out of it. 

"Um, I wasn't talking to you anyways." She said, turning towards Baekhyun.

"Actually, you kinda just were." Jin said.

"Ugh, you're so annoying!" 

"I've been told." She said and grinned. 

"Baek, what's your relationship with her?" she said, getting him to turn to look at her. 

"It's none of your business." Jin answered quietly.

"Why are you in any type of relationship with her?" 

"Wow, you know, you're a ." Jin smiled, and Baekhyun sat up quickly and looked at her with wide eyes. 

"I could say the same thing about you." She challenged. Jin grinned.

"Look, I don't know much about boys and feelings and all that junk," Jin said sighing,"but something is telling me you like him." 

She stared at her with an angry look in her eyes, but her cheeks were pink. Jin smirked. 

"I thought so. So if you like him, why didn't you ever go for him? Why now, when he's with someone else? Now, if you ask me, I think that's pretty stupid. But then again, I don't have much experience with boys. So what do I know, right?" Jin said shrugging. 

"No, you're right," she said scowling,"I do like you, Baek. And I don't want you with her."  She said turning to him again. But he suddenly looked angry. 

"Oh really? So, what? You don't like her, so I leave her, and then you go back to ignoring my feelings and, and going out with other guys? You know what, no, I'm done waiting and chasing after you. There's no ing point. C'mon, Jin. Let's go." He said, taking Jin’s hand and pulling her out of the cafeteria. 

He kept pulling her until they were outside. He let go of her hand and then sat down at a nearby bench. 

"I'm sorry for asking you to help me with Taeyeon." He said quietly. 

"It's fine." She said, sitting down next to him. 

For the next couple of minutes, they sat there quietly. She kept stealing glances over at him. He didn't look very happy. Then, she thought of an idea and nudged his shoulder. 

"Hey," Jin said smiling,"let's go somewhere." 

"Where?" He asked. 

"Well, there's this ice cream shop down the block if-"

"Wait," he interrupted her,"you mean like... Ditch?" He whispered, looking horrified. 

"Well if that's what you wanna call it." She shrugged. 

"We can't do that!" He said looking around. 

"We'll be back before lunch ends," She said nodding her head excitedly,"c'mon.... Have some fun." 

"What if we get caught?" He asked.

"Then I'll take the blame. Besides, there's no one here to stop us." 

He looked around and then back at me,"fine." 

"Yay!" She jumped up excitedly. Baekhyun stared at her for a few seconds then looked away. 

"How're we gonna get there?" 

"I'm driving!" She pulled him all the way towards the parking lot where she had left her car. 

"This is yours?" He asked once they were inside the car.

"Yeah." She said and he nodded in response. Sensing that he wouldn't be very talkative today, she decided that someone else should come so it wouldn't be so quiet. She took her phone out and sent a quick message to someone. 

"I invited a friend." 

"Who is it?"

"Oh, his name is Taehyung. You'll like him, he's fun." She said and he nodded. 

She happily started up the engine and drove out of the school parking lot without looking back. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welp, here's another chapter. Kinda short but whatevs.  

Well I'll try to write another chapter as soon as I can, byeeee (・ω・)ノ