Chapter 13

Endless Lies
After introducing everyone and explaining how Youngjae and Jin already know each other, he took her out to see the town that they were currently working in. 
 
"Okay, so, I think there was an ice cream place around here." 
 
"You think." 
 
"Okay, so I have no idea where we are right now. But that's okay. Life’s all about the journey, you know?" He said with a shrug of his shoulders. 
 
"So you're saying we're lost?" She said. 
 
"Yeah I guess so." He said, looking around. 
 
"Are you kidding me?" 
 
"Chill out. Now we have more time to catch up." He grinned. 
 
"I just want my ice cream." She said and he laughed. 
 
"So, how'd you join the company?" He asked. 
 
"They kidnapped me." She said and he started laughing again. 
 
"I’m being deadass, bro. They found me, took me to their car and put me to sleep. And then took me to their home and said I couldn't leave." She said. Youngjae still seemed to find this funny. 
 
"You know, the same thing happened to zelo. We thought he was a criminal at first, but some man in sunglasses told us he was our new partner." 
 
"Wait, were you guys training before I had met you?" 
 
"Yeah, we weren't allowed to tell anybody though, that's why we never told you." 
 
"So you guys have been training for a long time then? Are you guys like officially part of your company?" Shr asked. 
 
"What do you mean 'officially part of the company'? Aren't you guys? I mean you are a part of this mission." He said. 
 
"This is like our first real mission. It's kind of exciting. Sometime I feel like the company only has us around to clean up their messes." She said, dragging her feet.   
 
"Now that I think about it, they probably only have us here to clean up your guys' mess up, too." She added. 
 
"Hey, that's not true." Youngjae said, but she didn't answer. Instead, he changed the subject. 
 
"So, you still into Daehyun?" He asked. Jin smiled bashfully and turned away so he wouldn't see her blushing face. 
 
"I'll take that as a yes," he chuckled, "that's good, he's missed you. A lot." 
 
"I missed him, too." She smiled. 
 
"Okay, enough about you two. How's Jinyoung?" He asked grinning. She remembered how he used to have the biggest crush on her oldest sister, and out if habit she was about to remind him how she was too old for him. Then she remembered something else. 
 
"So you still don't know then?" She asked him. She stopped walking, and when he saw the look on her face he stopped too. 
 
"Don't know what?" He asked worriedly. 
 
"She's dead," She said, "My whole family is." 
 
"What? How did this happen? When did it happen?" He asked. 
 
"Remember when we were supposed to go on that trip for my birthday?" She asked him, he nodded. 
 
"Well, there was an accident and, only I survived." She said, looking down. 
 
"Jin, I'm so sorry." He said, walking towards her and wrapping his arms around her.  
 
"It's been so long since the accident. But I'm still not over it, is that bad?" She asked, her voice cracking.
 
"No, it's not bad." He said, patting her back comfortingly. 
 
"Hey, I was just kidding about being lost. I know where we are, you think Ice cream will make you feel better?" He asked, looking down at her.  She nodded, not wanting to talk anymore, and let Youngjae lead the way. 
 
•••••
 
 
They walked back to the place they were staying in, and the only thing on her mind was that she needed to find Daehyun. She needed a distraction. She asked everyone if they've seen him, but no one knew where he was. She decided to look around for him herself, but then they had to get ready for their  first mission; retrieve the first set of documents. 
 
They took everything they needed and got into the van waiting for them outside. They all dressed appropriately for where they were headed, a party. JaeHee never told Jin much about their  missions, she always forgot everything except for who to kill, but she did tell her this; Only the richest men in the country were invited, to discuss business matters. But the whole party was just a distraction from what was really going on; they were the biggest drug dealers in the country, and a secret drug trade was being planned. They needed to get the documents to find out exactly who was involved and where they would strike next. The packets telling them their mission was vague, she never bothered to read them anyway. She just memorized all the faces she needed to kill, all the faces she needed to capture, and who was most likely to be holding the documents. 
 
"So... I heard about you and Daehyun." Taehyung said while loading his gun. 
 
"What about it?" She asked, pulling a dress over that Jae Hee picked out for her over her head. 
 
"Are you guys like, a thing?" He asked. 
 
"I don't know, I'll tell you when I do." She said putting on the heels Jae Hee had also picked out for her. “As good as I look in heels, these are going to be a b*tch to run in.” She muttered.  
 
"But you guys were a thing." He said, putting on his suit. 
 
"Yeah, sort of." She said, putting a strap on her leg where she could hold her weapons. 
 
"So-" 
 
"Taehyung, that's not really what's important right now." She said. 
 
"No, you're right, you're right." He said, putting on his shoes. The van stopped and they all got off. 
 
"Could you help me with my tie?" He asked quickly, she nodded. She leaned in close and started tying his tie, and when she finished and turned around, Jungkook was making kissing faces at them. She raised a fist at him and started advancing towards him, to which he started backing up, but then Jae Hee stopped her.  
 
"You need make up." She said, pulling out a small pouch. 
 
"No I don't." She said. 
 
"Yes, you do. You need to look older then sixteen." 
 
"How much older do I need to look?" Jin asked, trying to keep her face still. 
 
"At least 21." She said. 
 
"Hope you're not trying to make her look attractive, that could take hours." Namjoon said. 
 
"Namjoon, you little-" 
 
"Jin, hold still." Jae Hee said and she huffed. She made eye contact with him and slid her finger across her throat. He smirked. 
 
"Done." She said, throwing the pouch into the van and shutting the doors. 
 
"Okay, now I'll tell you what we're all doing. Line up." Yongguk said. They did as they were told. 
 
"Okay, Sunmi and Himchan, you guys will be positioned on the building across from this one. Highest floor." He told them. They nodded their heads at each other in acknowledgement, took their ear pieces, and walked towards their position. 
 
"Jin, Taehyung, Youngjae, and Daehyun, you guys will stay hidden in one of the corridors and keep watch." He told them. She smiled and walked over to them. She stood next to Daehyun. 
 
"Hi." She said. 
 
"Hey." He grinned back. 
 
"Nice dress." He commented, and she blushed. 
 
"Thanks." She said. 
 
After that, she wasn't paying any attention to what Yongguk was saying. She moved over a little so that their arms were brushing. 
 
"Okay, go." He finished, they all took their  ear pieces and walked towards the building. 
 
"I was looking for you yesterday." Daehyun said, holding his arm out for her.  
 
"I was looking for you yesterday." She told him, taking his arm. They both laughed and carried on, ignoring Youngjae's and Taehyung's stares. 
 
Once they stepped foot into the building she let go of his arm and walked away. 
 
It took a couple minutes for them to find a secluded corridor, but once they did they loaded their guns immediately and stood on guard. She made sure her position was closest to Daehyun's. 
 
"Everyone in position?" Jae Hee whispered through the ear pieces. 
 
"Yes." Everyone responded simultaneously. She turned around to face Daehyun, who was already staring at her, and they smiled. 
 
"So, how've you been?" He asked. 
 
"I've been okay. You?" 
 
"I've been pretty good. It was better when you were around, but I've managed." He said smiling. 
 
"Wow, you are still such a flirt." She laughed. 
 
"You like it." He said. 
 
"I don't hate it." 
 
"You've gotten a bit bolder yourself." He commented. 
 
"How so?" She asked, taking a moment to look around and make sure no one was coming this way. 
 
"Honestly, I can't really explain it. But I'm not complaining." 
 
"You're at a loss for words? Wow, I must have an effect on you." 
 
"You do." He said, a little hesitantly she noticed. 
 
"You always have." He added, smiling. She sighed in content. 
 
"Daehyun, you have no idea how much I've missed you." She said quietly. 
 
"I missed you too, Jin."Hesitantly, they both leaned in, slowly. They were only inches apart when someone shot a bullet though the small space in between them.  
 
"Sh*t, we've been found." Youngjae said. Around 5-6 men came running down the corridor in their direction. One of the men shot in their direction.
 
"Jin, look out!" She heard Taehyung cry out, but before she had any time to react, someone had thrown themselves at Jin and pushed her out of the way. She looked up at the person who was on top of me; Daehyun, grinning widely. 
 
He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers quickly, and then pulled away and started to get up. 
 
"Be careful." He managed to say before completely getting off her and aiming his gun at the men. She was in shock for about two seconds, then sat up, and started shooting at the men. 
 
They managed to shoot all of them down, but they could hear more coming from down the hall. She was still a little dazed, so she was moving a bit slower then usual, but she was able to grab all her things and go. Taehyung knew something was wrong though, because usually she was the first one to leave. 
 
"Hey, what happened over there?" He asked. 
 
"What do you mean?" She asked. 
 
"I mean what happened between you and Daehyun?" 
 
"Nothing happened. We just got a little distracted, is all." She said. 
 
"Bullsh*t. What'd he say to you?" He asked. 
 
"We were just catching up, Tae." She reassured. He looked over at Youngjae, who had already been told by Daehyun, and started making kissing faces. 
 
"Wait, he didn't-"Taehyung started. 
 
"Tae, now is not really the time for this." 
 
"What the hell? Could you quit avoiding my questions? What's going on between you two?" He asked angrily. 
 
"Aww, jealous Tae?" She joked, pinching his cheeks together, but he smacked her hand away. 
 
"Geez, why are you so moody today?" She asked. He sped up. 
 
"What's wrong with him?" Daehyun asked, suddenly popping up. 
 
"I don't know." She said. 
 
They all hurried to find their way out, but they were stopped at the end of the hall by a group of men, with one woman in the front. She smirked, taking notice of her toned arms, feeling a little eager to get to fight her. 
 
The woman looked back at them and nodded her head once, and in an instant they were running towards them.  
 
She dodged ever man running towards her and lunged at her, but she caught her fist and kicked her in the stomach, with her five-inch heels. She groaned and clutched at her stomach, then quickly recovered and punched her in the face. She swung at Jin and she dodged it, landing another punch in her stomach. 
 
She reached forward and grabbed Jin by her hair, harshly pulling at it and then throwing her against the wall. Jin grabbed a vase that happened to be there and threw it at her head. She covered her face with her arms,  which gave Jin another advantage. She kicked her hard in the stomach, and then punched her again in the same place. The fight got more and more intense as they started moving backwards towards a window, and Jin knew what she had to do. 
 
She kept the fight going for as long as she could, although she easily could have ended it right there and then, and backed her up against the window. Jin tried not to be obvious about what her plan was, but she seemed to catch on and pushed back. 
 
She pulled a packet out and then threw a vase at the window. Jin looked at her curiously. 
 
"Looking for this?" She smirked, about to throw it out the window, but Jin ran forward and jumped on her, trying to get hold of the package. She leaned forward and they both fell, rolling on the floor. When they were right in front of the window again, she grabbed the package tightly and kicked her hard in the stomach, sending her flying backwards into the window. She smiled triumphantly, and stood up. She looked over the edge, and felt this overwhelming sense of power, but it left as quickly as it came, and she suddenly felt sick. It was the feeling she always got after she killed someone; something she thought she’d eventually get used to, but never quite did. 
 
She ran away from the scene, package in hand, and took her gun out. She suddenly started hearing voices and thought she was going crazy, and then she remembered she had her ear piece in. 
 
"Jin, did you get the forms?" Someone asked. 
 
"Yeah, I’ve got them." She replied. 
 
"Great, let's go." 
 
She ran up to Youngjae, Daehyun, and Taehyung, who were still fighting. 
 
She shot one of them in the head, and when they turned around and aimed their guns at her,  someone shot both of them(most likely our snipers, Sunmi and Himchan). 
 
"I got the forms, lets go." She said. 
 
"You okay?" Youngjae asked, noticing her expression. Daehyun and Taehyung seemed to be wondering the same thing. 
 
"I'm Fine." She said, turning around and walking away. 
 
 
 
••••• 
 
The rest of the mission went by smoothly, although Taehyung was in a bad mood for the rest of it. Not that she really payed attention anyways, she was too busy getting caught up with Daehyun. 
 
They were back at their place, and she was walking around looking for Daehyun's room, since no one had had bothered telling her who was staying where. 
 
She opened a random door, and to her luck, it was Daehyun's room. She smiled and walked in, closing the door behind her. They had just come back from the mission so they were still dressed up, although he had taken his coat and tie off and she had taken off her heels. They both walked towards each other, slowly, barely making eye contact. 
 
"You were great today, you know. You looked bad a*s." He said, and she smiled. 
 
"Thanks." She said. It was quiet for a moment until he spoke up. 
 
"Are you free tomorrow?" He asked. 
 
"Pretty sure, why?" She said, although she was pretty sure she knew where this was going. 
 
"I just... Wanted to have more time to catch up with you. Want to?" He suggested. She nodded and walked up closer to him. 
 
"Sure." She said, waiting for him to say or do something, and when he only stared back she took matters into her own hands. 
 
She reached out and cupped his face in her hands and leaned forward to place her lips on his, and in an instant his hands were on her waist, pulling her closer. She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly. 
 
She worriedly thought that, with the way she was kissing him he would've been taken aback, but he was kissing her back just as desperately, as if they were both trying to prove something. Neither of them pulled away, and she started to wonder how far this would go,  until someone opened the door. She looked over to see Jungkook peering in, looking incredibly uncomfortable. 
 
"Umm... Jaehee's looking for you." He  mumbled. 
 
"Okay, I'm coming." She said, turning to Daehyun. 
 
"I'll see you tomorrow?" He said, and she nodded. 
 
"It's a date." She said, both of them smiling. She walked out of his room and followed Jungkook. 
 
"Well damn," he said,"Youngjae wasn't kidding when he said you and Daehyun were getting freaky." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I took forever to update, sorry ;-; 
But, here it is hope you like it !!!