Chapter 12

Endless Lies

 

 
 

"If she stole baekhyun from me, I'll just steal Taehyung from her." 

She waited for them to leave before she started laughing. 

"Whats so funny?" Taehyung asked, frowning. 

"I don't know, she's just so desperate. Who knew this would be so fun?" 

"Um, okay. But since when were you and Baekhyun together?" 

"We're not. It's fake." 

"Then what was that all about?" 

"Baekhyun wants to get her jealous, and pissing her off has become a new hobby of mine. So I just go with it." She explained. 

"Oh, ok." He said, still looking confused. 

"Can we just go?" 

"Yeah." He nodded, placing an arm around her again and walking away. 

• • • • •

 Baekhyun had texted a couple days later that he was going out with his friends and wanted her to come, with her partners. She told him they’d be there. 

"Why'd you agree to this?" Sunmi asked. 

"Because I thought it would be fun." Jin said, putting on a light blue sweater and letting her hair down. 

"Why can't you just go alone?" 

"Because I said we'd all go." 

She walked out of the bathroom and made her way downstairs. Tae Woon and Ji Hoo were already sitting down on the couch. 

"Can we go now?" They asked. She hummed. She opened the front door, and found Baekhyun outside already. 

"Hey." He greeted and smiled. 

"Hi." She smiled back. She heard someone gag in the background. 

"We decided to go ice skating. Is that alright with you? " He said, looking down at his phone.  

"Yeah, Sounds cool. I've never been ice skating before." 

"Never?" He asks, surprised. 

"Never." She nodded her head. 

"Do you even know how?" 

"How hard can it be." She said, shrugging her shoulders. 

• • • • • 

 

Very hard. It turns out ice skating can be very hard. 

She sat on a bench infront of the wall separating the ice rink from the rest of the floor. She felt absolutely humiliated, she had fallen right when she stepped on the ice. Tao laughed for probably five minutes straight. 

"Jin, come on!" Baekhyun said from inside the rink. She shook her head. 

"Come on, please? I'll help you." He said, she shook her head again. He pouted, and she sighed. She stood up and carefully walked over to the rink. 

She reached out for his hands and he reached out for hers.  He grabbed hold of her hands and pulled Jin towards him slowly. 

"Ok, I think that's good, let's go back." She said quickly and he laughed. 

"You've been on the ice for like thirty seconds." 

"That should be enough." She said, he chuckled. 

He brought their hands up infront of them and laced their  fingers together, then he slowly started to skate backwards, while she skated forwards. The action reminded her of a cheesy rom com she had seen before and she blanked for a second. While in the movie it seemed really cheesy, Baekhyun happened to be... really smooth about it. She was taken aback. God d*mmit. If he was trying to make a move on her... well , she couldn’t even be mad. Sh*t. She really shouldn’t be feeling any type of way about this. 

"See? Not that bad right?" He smiled. She looked up at him and stared. After a while she realized she was staring too long and looked back down and nodded. 

"You okay?" He asked, seeing how she had suddenly turned quiet. She nodded again. 

"Hey, how are you and taeyeon?" She suddenly asked. 

"Oh you know, the ususal. She only really notices me when you're around" he sighed. 

"I'm sure she'll come around." She said  

"I hope so." They were both quiet after that. She looked up and saw Tao skating around the rink expertly and frowned. He was talking to some girls and showing off and she had the sudden urge to just go over and... push him. 

While baekhyun was saying something about the hot chocolate here, she had let go of his hands and started skating a little  on her own. 

"Think you're ready?" Barkhyun asked. 

"Yeah. I'll be right back." She said, skating in Tao's direction. 

When he had his back to me she shoved into his back and he fell over. 

"Oops, sorry." She said, smiling, and turning around. 

She turned around to see what his reaction was and saw that he was already up and coming after her. She laughed and sped up a little. 

When she turned back around she saw that she was headed in baekhyun's direction and realized he hadn't taught her how to stop. She began to panick. 

"Baekhyun." She called out. He didn't hear her.  

"Baekhyun." She tried again, a little louder this time. She was starting to get closer to him. 

"Baek, baek, baek, baek, baek!" He finally turned around,  but she was too close for either of them to do anything. She shoved into him and they both fell down, hard. 

"Sorry." She said, looking down at him. 

"It's okay." He groaned. 

"You okay?" She asked. 

"Yeah, you?" 

"I'm fine." 

"Now, how about that hot chocolate?" He suggested. She laughed a little and nodded her head in agreement. 

• • • • • 

Baekhyun came walking towards their table holding two cups of hot chocolate. He put his cup down first and handed her one. 

"God, you're hands are freezing." He said, placing the hot chocolate in her hands and keeping his hands on hers. 

"Baek." She said and he looked up. 

"Yeah?" 

"About you and Taeyeon..." She started. He sighed. 

"What now?" 

"I'm sorry, it's just I really do think you can do better." She said. 

"Look, Jin, my feelings for Taeyeon... They can't really be helped. I can't just stop liking her." 

"Well why not? Baekhyun, from just the short time that I've known you I can tell that you're a great guy, and if Taeyeon can't see that then forget about her." She said. He looked at her surprised, not knowing what to say. She sighed. 

"But, if you still want help with Taeyeon, then I'll help you." She smiled. 

"Thanks, Jin." He smiled, letting go of her hands. She took a sip of the hot chocolate. 

"Oh my god, this is amazing." She said, baekhyun laughed. 

• • • • • 

"Can you believe our mission is only one week away? I'm so excited!" Taehyung smiled and took a bite of his cake. She hummed. 

"Aren't you excited?" He asked, she shrugged. 

"You're so lame." He frowned. She shrugged again and took a bite out of my own cake. She kept thinking about earlier today, at the ice skating rink. Everything about her interactions were just... weird, that she couldn’t stop thinking about it.  She looked up at Taehyung, who was already staring at her.  

"What?" She asked, feeling a bit uncomfortable. 

"Just thinking." He said. 

"Quit staring." She said. 

"Oh, sorry." He muttered. They didn't say anything for a couple minutes. 

"You have pretty eyes." He blurted out. She stared at him. What, not he was gonna be weird too? 

"Are you okay?" She asked. He nodded. 

"...okay. I have to go, I have a lot of homework." She said, standing up. He immediately stood up too. 

"I'll walk you home." He said. She nodded and walked out the door. 

 They walked down streets and didn't talk about a thing. It has never been this quiet between them, and it was hella awkward. What was with him today?

At one point, he had grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together. She didn't do anything, she just let him hold her hand. She looked over at him and noticed he was deep in thought, and she couldn’t read him at all. 

When they reached her house, they both stood infront of the door. She let go first and opened the door. 

"Bye, Jin." He said softly. 

"Bye, Tae." She muttered awkwardly and quickly made her way inside. What the

• • • • • 

A week finally passed, and we were all packing for the mission. I grabbed my suitcase and walked downstairs. 

"Are you guys ready?" JaeHee asked, we all nodded. I grabbed the keys to my car and walked out first. We put our stuff in the trunk and got into the car. 

We drove to the company and waited for Taehyung and his partners to arrive. When they did we walked in and made our way to the rooftop. I avoided all eye contact with Taehyung. 

We climbed up the stairs into the plane the company had ready for us and took our seats. Taehyung looked up at me expectantly but I walked ahead and sat next to Jungkook instead. 

"Umm, Jimin is sitting there." He said, looking at me strangely. 

"Since when are there reserved seats?" I asked. 

"Jimin always sits there. Just like you and your boyfriend Taehyung always sit together." 

"He's not my boyfriend." I said stiffly. 

"Aww, what happened? He break up with you?" 

"Shut up, Jungkook. We're just friends." 

"Right because 'just friends' sleep in the same bed together." 

"We didn't do anything but sleep." 

"In each other's arms. You literally slept in each other's arms." 

"You're annoying. I'm leaving." I said, getting out of my seat. 

"Finally." He muttered under his breath, I smacked him on the head and walked away. I sat in the only empty seat left, next to Namjoon. 

"Ugh, can I help you?" He asked. 
 
"I have no where else to sit." I said, not looking at him. 
 
"Yeah you do, next to Taehyung." He said, pointing back at him. 
 
"I don't always sit there." 
 
"Actually, yeah, you do." I ignored him and spread my legs out, getting comfortable. Jae Hee walked in talking to Jihoo. 
 
"They should be here by now." She said to him, he nodded. 
 
"Who should?" Jin asked. 
 
"The person flying this plane." 
 
"I could fly it." She suggested.
 
"Umm, no. Last time you flew a plane we almost died." 
 
"But we didn't." She pointed out. 
 
"But we could have." 
 
"But we didn't." 
 
"But we probably would've." 
 
"But, again, we didn't." 
 
"Oh, would you look at that. Here he comes now. Now shut up, please." Namjoon said, irritated. 
 
"Rude." Jin said, he rolled his eyes. 
 
The plane took off and everyone was in their own conversations, except for Jin and Namjoon, who only sat there quietly. She took her sketchbook and looked over at him. 
 
"Can we trade spots?" She asked. 
 
"What?" 
 
"Can we trade spots?" She repeated herself. 
 
"No." He said. She sighed and looked around. She knew only one person who would be willing to trade seats with her. She got out of her seat and walked back to Taehyung. When he saw her coming he sat up straight and took his earbuds out. She hugged her sketchbook to her chest. 
 
"Can I sit here?" She asked. 
 
"Yeah." He said, getting out of his seat to let her sit  down, already knowing she would want to sit near the window. 
 
"I don't why you asked, you always sit here." He said, sitting down next to her. 
 
"It's just.... Last week-" 
 
"Forget about that. I just wanted to see your reaction, besides Jungkook dared me." He said, lowering his voice and looking away. 
 
"I should've known." She sighed, opening to a random empty page in her sketchbook and drawing the view from her window. Taehyung leaned his head on her shoulder and watched her draw, like he usually did. 
 
After a while, her eyes started to get droopy and she leaned her head onto Taehyung's head and closed her eyes for a bit. She didn’t know how long they stayed like this, but it was comforting and she didn’t  want to move. 
 
After a while, she felt someone shake her shoulder and telling her to wake up. 
 
"What?" She asked irritated, rubbing her eyes open. 
 
"We're here." Jungkook said, walking away. 
 
She got up and woke Taehyung up, put her things  away and then they both walked off the plane together. 
 
There was a small group of people waiting for tbem in front of a building, across from all of them. They were probably who they were working with. We walked up to them. 
 
"Took you long enough." Jungkook muttered. 
 
"Shut up." She mumbled back. 
 
Jae Hee, Namjoon, and a tall guy she assumed was their leader were all having a conversation. Something about him was incredibly familiar to her. 
 
She kept staring until he looked her way, and out of embarrassment Jjn looked away. She looked around at the rest of them, and suddenly she realized she knew these people. Her eyes widened and she slowly moved her way to the front. One of them seemed to have the same reaction as her. 
 
"Jin?" He asked, walking towards her. 
 
They both ran to each other and threw their  arms around each other. She was smiling so hard her cheeks were starting to hurt. 
 
"I missed you, Jin." 
 
"I missed you too, Youngjae." 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
welp, here ya go. Another chapter, I'll try to update again when finals week is over. So, enjoy this sorta long and sorta crappy chapter . 
K byee (^∇^)