Chapter 3

Endless Lies

 

 

Jin woke up to the sound of an alarm ringing and was completely confused. She didn’t use alarms; she woke up when she wanted to. She’s in no rush to go to school. It's not like it's that far away, and besides; she had her own car. 

She looked over at the bedside table and grabbed her phone that was buzzing and playing a siren that was starting to hurt her ears.

She stopped the alarm as soon as she unlocked her phone and realized it was 5:45 am. She was going to kill who ever set this alarm...unless it was Jae Hee. If that was the case all was forgiven.(No, she wasn’t scared of her, just slightly intimidated).

She looked over again and found two large packages sitting next to each other. She grabbed the closest one and opened it up. She reached inside and pulled out a uniform. She looked back inside and found three more uniforms.

Jin reached over to the other package, which was thinner, and pulled out what seemed to be schedules, school maps, and the forms from each of the boys that she had seen yesterday.

She imeadeatly got out of bed and made her way down the hall to Jae Hee's room and knocked furiously once she got there.

She heard a groan come from the other side of the door and then the door opened and she looked at her with one eye still closed.

"What do you want?" she asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Did you leave those packages in my room?" Jin asked her sternly. (She doubts she would ever take her seriously though.) 

"Yes" she nodded her head with both eyes closed now.

"Why?" 

"Because," she covered her face with the back of her hand and yawned, then continued,"Since you decided to take care of them, you're gonna have to go to the same school as them"

"Why?"

"You need to be with them at all times,"she said, rubbing her eyes,"So go wake everybody else up and give them their uniforms and schedules" 

Jin walked down the hall to the boys room and opened the door. She went over, pulled both their blankets off, and they both woke up and looked at her angrily; she knew why. None of them ever woke up this early. 

"What are you doing?" Ji Hoo said, scratching the back of his head and squinting up at her. 

"New mission. We need to be there quick so get ready." She said, walking over to the windows and opening them. 

"But it's so early" Tae Woon said laying back down. 

She ignored him and went back to her room. She retrieved the uniforms and walked to the boys room and handed them both their uniforms and they looked at her weirdly. 

"What are-" 

"Just put them on" She interrupted Ji Hoo. She walked out and entered her own room.

When she closed the door to her room, she looked over at Sunmi's bed and saw her sitting up and holding up her uniform. 

"What are these for?," she asked glancing over at Jin and then back at her uniform,"Are we gonna, like, kill a student?" 

"No," Jin sighed, starting to change into her uniform,"I'll tell you guys on the way there, just get ready quickly" 

Jin slipped her skirt on and walked out of the room and into the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and brushed her hair as usual, and then made her way downstairs.

Everybody was already there at the table eating breakfast. She sat down at one end of the table and waited for them to finish. 

"Jin, eat." Jae Hee commanded from the other side of the table.

"I'm not hungry." She responded.

"You have to eat something." 

"I'll eat at school" She concluded and got up to get her bag since everyone was almost finished eating. 

"No you're not. Eat something. The rest can wait." 

"I don't want to. I just brushed my teeth, it's gonna taste gross." She whined. JaeHee looked at me worriedly.

"Last week I heard that a student was sent to the hospital after eating at the school cafeteria. Food posining, they said. Do you want to go to the hospital? Do you want to die?!" She said looking me straight in the eye. 

"I'm not going to die." She said assuringly. Even though JaeHee wasn’t that much older then the rest of them, she kind of took over the role of their mom, and worried about them constantly. Jin found it endearing sometimes, but a lot of the time she found it really annoying. 

"You don't know that!" She said, pointing at her. 

"Jae Hee calm down. I'm not gonna die," She said, "And I'm not eating either," She said hurriedly and rushed towards her keys and out the door.

She ran into her car and put her bag down and hurried the others inside and quickly made sure they had everything. Then she started the car and drove  away. 

Jin briefly explained their long term mission to the others, and Ji Hoo also gave them all the instructions that Jae Hee had given him and soon, they made it to the said school. 

Jin parked the car and and then started walking towards the school entrance with the rest following closely behind. As soon as they were inside she spotted the extremely loud teenagers that couldn't seem to stay put. 

"Oh god" She muttered to herself and heard Ji Hoo groan in frustration beside her. This was going to be a long day.