Chapter 15

Endless Lies
 
 
 
Slowly, Jin opened her eyes and looked around. She was in a large white room, not one splash of color. The skies outside the window were still gray, but it had stopped raining. She was still in her gear, she noticed, although one of her pants legs was ripped up to her thigh, where it was wrapped in a bandage. 
 
Everyone was seated around the bed she was laying in, all of them looking at her with relief washing over their faces. 
 
"Jin, how're you feeling?" Jae Hee asked, sitting on the edge of her bed. 
 
"Fine...my head hurts though." She said, wincing a bit at the headache that had just kicked in. 
 
"Do you need a pill?" 
 
"It's fine." She shook her head at the offer. 
 
She looked around the room and they all looked at her nervously. It looked like they all wanted to tell her something, but were holding back for some reason. She looked at them again, searching for a certain face, but he was no where to be seen. 
 
"Where's Youngjae?" She asked. They all looked at each other, as if trying to figure out something to say. Finally Daehyun stood up. 
 
"Jin." He sighed, looking tired. He walked over to her and grabbed hold of her hands. 
 
"...what? What's wrong? What aren't you guys telling me?" She asked nervously. Daehyun swallowed before saying;
 
"Jin, Youngjae's dead." 
 
She passed out for the second time that day. 
 
•••••
 
 
She woke up again, but this time in different clothes, a loose sweater and sweatpants. She turned to her left to see Jae Hee there, stuffing clothes into a bag. She zipped it up and pushed it aside, next to the rest of their bags. 
 
"You're awake," she straightened up,"how're you feeling?" 
 
She shrugged, sitting up and reaching down to feel her leg. Through the sweatpants she could feel the bandage. 
 
"...Jae Hee," She said,"what happened?"
 
"Well.... Good news is, mission was successful, so we can go home now. But, we lost two people." She said quietly. Jin closed her eyes and swallowed down the lump in her throat. 
 
"Two?" She asked. 
 
"Youngjae...and Zelo." 
 
"Zelo, too?" All my fault. 
 
"Yeah, him too." 
 
She nodded and bit her lip, laying back down. 
 
"When are we leaving?" 
 
"In an hour." 
 
"Wake me up then." She closed her eyes. 
 
"..okay." She whispered. 
 
•••••
 
Heading back home consisted of tense silences, JaeHee and Taehyung trying to start a conversation with her, Namjoon looking extremely awkward, and a bunch of clouds. JaeHee even offered to let her handle the plane, much to everyone’s horror, but Jin declined. She was either looking up or out a window. The weather was still gloomy, and it rained occasionally. 
 
They got back home late at night and she headed straight to her room, laying in bed and bringing the covers up and over her head.  
 
She stayed in bed for three days straight, under the covers. She was always either asleep or pretending to be. Everyone knew not to bother her. 
 
 Taehyung had come a couple of times to visit, once with Jungkook. He would talk to her and ask her questions, and she would give him short answers or wouldn't answer at all. 
 
She wouldn't eat. The one time she tried she threw it all up, and had given up trying since then. Getting out of bed felt exhausting, so she barely made any movement. 
 
On the third day, Jae Hee came in and sat down next to her. She her head and untangled the knots in her hair gently. 
 
"Jin, I know you're having a tough time right now, but remember you still have a mission." She said softly. Jin sighed and nodded, trying to sit up, but she pushed her back down. 
 
"You can rest for now, if you want. But tomorrow you have to go to school." She said. Jin nodded again, and JaeHee stood up, walking out. 
 
"You should probably take a shower too, you smell." She joked, but when she got no response she sighed and closed the door. Jin closed her eyes and fell asleep again. 
 
•••••
 
She woke up earlier then everyone else, and slowly trudged her way towards the bathroom, taking her uniform with her. 
 
She took  a hot shower and changed into her clothes. After brushing her hair and teeth she headed downstairs, looking for her bag. Once she found it, she walked out, deciding on walking to school instead of driving. 
 
When she arrived at the school, the gates had barely been opened, a few cars in the parking lot and not many students on campus. To her surprise, Baekhyun was already there, and so was Taeyeon. They were sitting at a bench together. 
 
When Baekhyun spotted Jin he smiled and waved, motioning her to come over. Sighing, she did, avoiding looking at Taeyeon. 
 
"How was the trip?" He asked, and she shrugged. 
 
"It was okay...why are you here so early?" She crossed her arms, looking away. 
 
"Hey...are you okay? You don't look so well." He said worriedly. 
 
"Just tired." She muttered. 
 
"She's just trying to get attention." Taeyeon said, running a hand through her hair. Jin glared at her. 
 
"You really want to start right now?" She advanced towards her. Teayeon looked a bit frightened, but kept her composure. 
 
"Okay, okay. That's enough. Don't you have somewhere to be, Taeyeon?" Baekhyun stood up and blocked her. He said her name coldly, and she looked at him angrily, standing up and walking away. 
 
"Trouble in paradise, I see." She said, shoving his arm away. 
 
"Jin, seriously what's the matter?" He said, looking at her. 
 
"With what?" She asked, indifferently. 
 
"With you. No offense, but you look like sh*t."
 
"I feel like sh*t." She said, stuffing her hands in her pockets. 
 
"You know you can tell me, right?" He said. 
 
"And why would I do that?" 
 
"Because we're friends?" 
 
"Really? I wasn't aware." She walked away. 
 
"Jin, wait up." He said, trying to catch up. 
 
She walked into the school, making her way towards her first class, even though it wouldn't be starting for a while. She bumped into Taeyeon on the way there. 
 
"Ugh, move." She said. 
 
"They may be short, but you do realize you have functioning legs don't you?" Jin said. 
 
"Listen-" 
 
"No, you listen," Jin interrupted her,"you better quit trying to bother me because I am not in the mood for your crap today. Also, could you leave Baekhyun alone already? Clearly, he's not interested, and you're way too late to change your mind now, so back off." Jin said. Taeyeon scoffed. 
 
"And what if I don't?" She challenged. 
 
"Don't try me." Jin said, looking down at her. 
 
"You don't scare me." She laughed. 
 
Jin grabbed her collar and shoved her against the wall. Taeyeon gasped and gave her a surprised look. She tried to push her hands away but Jin only tightened her grip. 
 
"Jin!" Baekhyun grabbed her arm and pulled her away. 
 
"What's your problem?" Baekhyun asked. Jin rolled her and tried to walk away, but he grabbed her arm again and dragged her away into an empty classroom. 
 
"Could you please explain what's going on right now?" He said, sounding angry. 
 
"Why should I?" She crossed her arms defiantly. 
 
"Jin," he sighed,"just tell me what's going on." 
 
"I don't need to tell you anything."
 
He grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eye. 
 
"Jin, please," he said,"I'm worried about you."
 Suddenly, she was reminded of Youngjae, and then she remembered the fight, and the blood, and the look on his face when he... 
 
"...I'm sorry." She said finally, looking down. 
 
"I just... He's gone. My-my friend, he's gone, and it's all my fault." She chocked out. 
 
"Gone as in-" 
 
"Dead." She said. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her close. 
 
"How did it happen?" He asked gently. She paused, obviously she couldn’t tell him. She thought of something believable to say. 
 
"Car accident." She lied. 
 
"I'm so sorry, Jin. But you don't have to push people away. Your friends are here to help you." He said. She shoved him away roughly. 
 
"How? What do you know about losing someone? You have no idea what this feels like-" 
 
"Yeah, actually, I do." He said. She stopped  and looked at him. 
 
"What?" 
 
"There's a reason why I live with my grandma and not my parents," he started,"my parents were killed when I was young, and my grandma took me and my brother in." 
 
"I'm sorry, I just- I'm sorry." She said, looking away, feeling extremely guilty, and hating herself for sounding so ignorant. 
 
"It's fine. But just one question," he hesitated,"is this the first time this has happened to you?"
 
"No." She mumbled. 
 
"Your parents too?" He asked and she nodded. She suddenly felt really, really small, and vulnerable. She bit her lips and tried her best to hold back her tears, but they fell anyways. She wiped them away roughly. 
 
"It's okay to cry." Baekhyun said softly, wiping her tears away gently. 
 
"It shows that I'm weak-"
 
"That's not true. You're still the strongest person I know." He said, embracing her again. 
 
Don't take this the wrong way. He doesn't care, he'll forget all about this, he- 
 
"You know you can come to me anytime right?" 
 
He doesn't care. I shouldn't get carried away. 
 
"I'm here for you." 
 
But maybe, for now... 
 
"Can we stay like this? Please?" 
 
"Sure." 
 
I'll just hold on a little longer. 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
And the new love triangle begins!!! Muahahaha(oops, spoiler alert??) 
Here's another chapter, I didn't take that long this time right ??? 
Anyways, enjoy ! (⊙ヮ⊙)
 
***edit... litearlly my younger self can choke omg*