Chapter 10

Endless Lies

 

 

Instead of waking up to her alarm, Jin woke up to the sound of bustling cars and hurried footsteps. She sat up in bed and scooted closer to the window.

People in business attire were walking briskly, most of them carrying cups of coffee and brief cases. Cars were driving up and down the streets, occasionally honking at each other. Why are people this busy so early in the morning? 

She closed the window and searched for her phone to check the time. It was about an hour before she was supposed to wake up, so she decided to take a shower. There wasn't anything else to do really. 

She grabbed some clothes from her wardrobe and a pair of shoes and left the room. She walked over to the bathroom and closed the door behind her, locking it. Only as a precaution but, she doubted anyone would be up right now. 

After taking a long shower,(Jaehee would've been really angry if she knew), she changed into the new items of clothing she had brought with her and made her way downstairs. 

She grabbed her bag, her keys, an apple, left a note on the table, and went out the door. She got into her car, sent a quick message to Taehyung, and drove off towards his place. 

                                        • • • • •

She arrived at his place rather quickly, considering all the other cars that were out. She walked up to the front door and knocked, while taking a bite of her apple. 

Namjoon opened the door and scowled at the sight of her. She swallowed the apple she had taken a bite of and sighed. 

"Why are you one of the first things I see in the morning?" She flicked his forehead and pushed past him. 

"Hey, Jin." Greeted Seokjin. 

"Hey." She greeted back, taking a seat next to him on the couch. He ruffled her hair and smiled. 

"Why are you here so early?" Grumbled Namjoon.

"I woke up early and had nothing to do, so I just decided to come here." She answered, taking another bite of her apple. 

"Where's Taehyung?" She asked, looking at Seokjin. 

"Probably in your bed." He smirked and she shoved him. 

"He's in his room." He laughed. She looked at her apple, not really wanting it anymore, and smirked as an idea popped into her head. 

"You look even uglier today. I don't know how you managed to pull that off." She said to Namjoon, and Seokjin started laughing hard besides her. 

She stood up as Namjoon walked towards her with an angry look on his face. She walked towards him and raised her hand. 

She shoved her apple into his mouth and laughed as he spluttered and spit it out, looking disgusted. 

She walked away in the direction of Taehyung's room, still laughing, and laughed even harder when she heard Seokjin yell at Namjoon to pick up the apple. 

She knocked on Taehyung's door and then walked in, closing the door carefully behind her. 

"Morning, Tae." She said, walking over to his bed and sitting down. 

"Morning." He yawned. He stretched his arms out, then propped himself up with one arm to look at her. 

"Why are you here so early?" He said. 

"I was up early and had nothing else to do." She replied, shrugging. He started at her quietly. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes searching hers. She frowned before realizing he was referring to yesterday. 

"I'm fine." She assured, reaching her hand out to move his locks of light brown hair out of his eyes. 

"You know I'm in here too, right?" She heard Jungkook say from the other side of the room. 

"Oh, hi kookie." She said turning around, and he nodded his head. 

"I'll just, leave you two alone." He mumbled, and walked out the room. 

She pulled her hand away from his hair, and he sat up and leaned his head on her shoulder. He was extra cuddly when he was sleepy. 

"I'll wait for you outside." She said and he hummed. She got up from the bed and walked towards the door. 

"Oh, and, Tae?" She said as he stood up. 

"Yeah?" He looked at me while raising his eyebrows. 

"Put a shirt on." She chuckled as he blushed and looked down at himself.  

She walked out of his room and into the living room, now joined by Jimin, Yoongi, and Jungkook. Jimin was seated at the couch next to Seokjin with Yoongi's head on his lap, Yoongi was probably asleep again. Jungkook was on the floor with the remote in his hand, flipping through channels. She sat down on one of the chairs in the dining room, Namjoon was seated on the chair across from her. 

"Ready for our mission?" She asked. 

"When aren't I?" He smirked. 

"You better not chicken out this time. Don't slow me down, or get in my way." He said. 

"Get over yourself." She scowled. 

"Oh, and you can't try to kill me or anything." 

"Don't worry," She said and smiled,"Taehyung made me promise." 

"He made you promise? You were actually considering it?" His eyes widened. 

She was about to tell him that she was joking, but the fact that he actually looked scared made her feel satisfied. So instead, she smiled and batted her eyelashes. The gesture made him frown, looking disgusted. 

"So when are we leaving?" She asked, changing the subject. 

"In 30 minutes," He sighed,"I'm not looking forward to working with you." 

"The feeling's mutual." She said smiling widely. 

"GOOD MORNING!" Someone yelled. She turned around to see Hoseok running into the living room with a bright smile on his face. 

"Hi, Hoseok." She said smiling, and he ran towards her and gave her a tight hug. It was hard not to be in a good mood when he was around. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. 

"I have a mission with Namjoon." She frowned. 

"What?"He let go of her and stared down at her with a frightened look on his face. 

"Don't worry, I won't kill him or anything." She said, waving her hand dismissively. 

"No," he said,"I'm scared for you." He said, hugging her tightly again. He turned them around and looked at Namjoon. 

"Don't hurt my baby." He said, glaring at him. 

"Baby?" She tried to look up at him, but his tight hold on her stopped her from doing so.  

“You know,” He said, letting go of her, “I’m actually kinda of curios to how you two would work together. You two are probably the smartest people I know. Maybe that’s why the company paired you two together.” She thought about it for a second before shrugging. 

Namjoon rolled his eyes and got up from the dining room. He walked into his door just as Taehyung walked out of his. 

"I'm hungry." Taehyung plopped down onto the couch next to Seokjin. 

"Then eat." said Seokjin, giving him a lazy look. 

"Make something for me." Taehyung whined. 

"Ask Jin to make you something." He snickered. 

"No!" Taehyung and Jin exclaimed in unison. 

"She can't even make ramen!" He said, pointing at her. 

"Hey, yes I can. I just... Forgot an ingredient." She defended herself. 

"An ingredient? It's ramen, anyone can make it! Except you apparently. She forgot to put water! She burned it!" He said. 

"Ok, I just wasn't having the best of days." She shrugged. 

"Once, she almost burned our house down when she put frozen potatoes on a pan of hot oil." He argued. 

"So I can be forgetful." She said, laughing a little at the memory. She remembered how the flames had gone up to the ceiling, and instead of trying to put the fire out, she just ran out screaming. 

“Forget what I said about you being one of the smartest people I know.” Said Hoseok, laughing and shaking his head disbelievingly. 

"Okay, okay. Hoseok, can you make something for them?" Seokjin interrupted Taehyung before he brought up another incident. 

"Of course!" He said. 

                                           • • • • •

After Taehyung and Jin finished breakfast, it was about time for her to go. She put her plate in the sink and then walked out of the kitchen and towards the living room. She grabbed her bag from on top of the couch and headed towards Namjoons room. 

She banged on his door multiples times, each getting louder, until he opened his door. 

"What?" He asked, frowning. 

"It's time to go." She said, crossing her arms.  

"Get out of my way, then." He said, grabbing his backpack from next to his door, and walked out. On his way out he pulled on a strand of her hair. 

"Ow." She turned around and punched him hard on the shoulder. 

He turned around and faced her, and grabbed both her wrists. She tried prying her hands away from his, but he wouldn't budge. She kneed him in the stomach and he groaned and doubled over. 

"Jin!" Taehyung called, walking towards her with a tired look on his face. She started to walk towards him, but Namjoon stuck his foot out and tripped her.  

She fell to the ground,(somewhere in the background I could her someone gasp), and rolled over to see Namjoon smiling. She kicked him hard in the leg, and he fell besides her. 

He punched her on the shoulder, and she rolled over and pinned him to the ground. He struggled to get out of her grasp, and she raised her fist and punched him in the face.

Since she wasn't holding on to his other hand anymore, he reached out and grabbed a fistful of her hair, tugging it harshly and rolling her over so now he was on top of her.  

Before the fight could go any further, Seokjin pulled Namjoon away and Taehyun grabbed her arms and pulled her up besides him. 

"C'mon, Jin. You promised." Taehyung frowned. 

"He started it." She grumbled, crossing her arms. 

"I did not." Namjoon protested. 

"Yes you did, you pulled my hair first." She said, pointing at him. 

"Namjoon, is that true?" Seokjin asked. 

"Yes mom, it's true." He rolled his eyes and walked out. She threw her keys at him and they hit him on the head. 

"You're driving." She said. He grabbed the keys from the floor and walked towards the car. 

"I'm leaving." She said, walking out behind him. 

"Jin," Taehyung called out softly,"just be careful." 

"I will." She said, walking up to him and patting his head. He reached his hand up, but before he could do anything else she smacked him on the head and walked out. Before she closed the door, she could hear Seokjin laughing at Taehyung. 

                                         • • • • • 

Car rides with Taehyung and the rest of his group were always loud and fun. Car rides with Namjoon alone; awkward. She sat with her arms wrapped around her knees next to Namjoon. She glanced at him every now and then. Her phone buzzed with a new message, probably from Taehyung. 

Taehyung: so how's it going? :-)

 Jin: he isn't talking

Taehyung: then you say something. 

Jin: but I don't want to 

Taehyung: just do it

Jin: no 

Taehyung: it won't be so awkward if you guys have a conversation. Time will go by faster too. 

Jin: fine :( 

She cleared her throat and raised her head a little higher. She looked over at him, hoping he would've noticed how she was trying to get his attention, but he didn't turn around. She cleared her throat again, this time louder, he still didn't turn. She cleared her throat a third time, louder and longer then the last two times. 

"Do you want to say something, Jin?" Namjoon asked, looking annoyed. 

"Ummm..." She thought of something to ask him, but she couldn't think of anything, so she shook her head. She sat there for another few seconds and then took out her sketchbook. 

She flipped to the page of her aged parents  and her sister that she had drawn. She added some more little details to it, even though it didn't need it. 

"Did you draw yourself? Ugh, conceited much?" He finally spoke up, but she ignored him. 

"No, really, is that you? You do know that you're not that pretty right? I doubt anyone would marry you, except for Taehyung. Like-" he laughed while he talked. 

"That's my sister." She interrupted him.  

"Oh." He stopped laughing. 

"She was married?" He asked, sounding curious. She noticed now that he was also trying to keep a conversation going. Maybe Seokjin had told him to. Maybe he was just bored. 

"No," She said,"she wanted to get married though." She smiled as she remembered all the times she would talk about her dream wedding. 

"She looks like you," he said,"only, she's prettier." He added. 

"I know." She said, smiling down at the drawing. 

"Isn't this the part where you punch me or something?" He asked but she kept silent. 

"Well, if she didn't get married, why'd you draw that?" He asked. 

"It's something she would've wanted. I wanted it to happen too." She answered. 

"Okay, you're being really vague here. Why didn't-" he started, sounding annoyed. 

"She's dead, Namjoon." She said, smiling bitterly. He looked away awkwardly. 

“Well, I mean, I know that, but...” He trailed off. 

"She never got the chance to get married." She said quietly. 

"I'm sorry." Namjoon said. She looked at him surprised, because it sounded like he actually meant it. 

"... How did she die?" He asked cautiously. 

“You don’t know? I thought, since you were there after... everything happened...” she also trailed off, not really knowing what to say. 

“I was basiaclly just in the van the whole time,” He said, “And the company never told us anything, so...” 

"Car accident," She said,"I was the only one that survived." He didn't say anything, so she kept talking. 

"My dad drove our car off a bridge. Intentionally. My sister couldn't swim, she wouldn't have made it. My mom hit her head on the window, she was probably the first one to die. My dad, didn't do anything. That's what I got from the company files, anyways. They must've forgotten that my friend had taught me how to swim, or maybe I never mentioned it, but I broke the window and swam out. I remember everything, it was supposed to be a trip for my birthday." She said and looked over at Namjoon, who was frowning. 

"So you're saying, your parents tried to kill them selves, you, and your sister?" He asked carefully. 

"That's what the reports say." She said. They sat in silence for the next few moments until he spoke up again. 

"What were they like? Your family." He said. She turned to him, surprised, again, that he would even ask. He kept looking at the road in front of him. 

"My dad was an artist," She said smiling,"he could make a couple of lines look like a masterpiece. I wanted to be like him." She said. 

"You are." Namjoon said softly. He kept surprising her, especially with how sincere he sounded. 

"He also played piano. He would teach some kids In the neighborhood sometimes. He taught me how to play." She kept talking, not wanting to stop. She hadn’t really told anyone this, never told anyone about her family. And she found it strange that Namjoon was the one she was telling this to. But right now, he didn't seem like his usual self. He probably felt bad.

"My mom was beautiful. My dad always told her she was. She was the most caring and forgiving person. She could cook, which I obviously didn't get from her. She was so calm and understanding. I don't know why she wanted to die. She seemed perfect in very way. But, I never asked her how she felt. Maybe I should have. Maybe I could've helped her. Wow, I was such a brat." She said, laughing a little. She felt like screaming, but also, a little more relieved. 

"My sister was just as beautiful as my mom, but she did look like my dad a bit. She also seemed perfect in every way. She learned how to cook from my mom, they were both great at it. But she couldn't draw at all," She laughed, wiping her eyes with her sleeves,"she was terrible. But she could sing.  I always thought she had the most beautiful voice. Oh, I at singing. Sometimes I would play piano and she would sing with me, for our parents. She loved performing for people. She was outgoing and funny. And loud. She was so loud, I swear, it hurt my ears sometimes." She looked over at Namjoon, who was still quiet. 

"I'm sorry, I'll stop." She said, looking away from him and wiping her eyes again. 

"No, it's fine." He said. 

"What was your family like?" She asked, finally looking up. His face hardened, and his grip on the steering wheel tightened. 

"I don't think I should talk about my family. It's not something I like to share." He said darkly.

"Hey, no fair. I told you about mine." She said, frowning. She looked at him, and looked away immediately. She had never seen him look so angry. 

"Sorry." She said quietly. 

"No, it's fine. But you can't tell anyone." He warned, and she nodded. 

"My biological father was a ing bastard." She flinched at his tone. 

"He disgusts me. He and abused my mother, she almost died alone in the streets, but someone found her and called for help. She found out later she was pregnant, with me." He said through gritted teeth. 

"My mother was a mess. I mean, she was going to give birth to the son of her . But she loved me of course, like any mother would lover her child. Until I started growing up. Apparently, I looked just like him. I guess she couldn't handle it, so she hung herself. I remember coming home from school, to find my mothers lifeless body in the living room. I cried for hours that night." He was breathing heavily now. 

"I was taken into the company later. My first mission was to kill my father." He sounded relieved now, and when she looked over he was smirking. 

"How do you know all this?" She asked, a bit frightened now. 

"I got it out of my father, before I killed him." She nodded and scooted closer towards the door. The rest of the car ride was silent.

                                      • • • • •

They were waiting out in an alleyway, loading their guns. Since the car ride, neither of them have talked to each other yet. She felt awkward, but he just looked preoccupied. She stared at him. 

She knew that they all came from pretty bad backgrounds, but she had never bothered to learn Namjoons, or anyone else's actually. Just her partners. 

Jaehee's mother had left her at an orphanage and ran off with some man. Taewoons family all got extremely sick and died. Sunmis parents were criminals, her and her sister saw deaths at a very young age. When her parents tried to kill her she ran away and was receuited by the company. Jin sympathized with Sunmi the most. Jihoos parents left for a mission one day and didn't come back. Later the company found plastic bags filled with their body parts. They never really liked talking about their families. 

Namjoon took a small box out, and took something out. A cigarette.

"You smoke?" She asked, shocked. He shrugged and lit the cigarette, raising it up to his lips. He let out a puff of smoke and turned to her, then took the box out again and offered her a cigarette. She shook her head. 

"Don't tell me you're too scared to do this too." He said and she frowned.

"Give me that." She grumbled and took the cigarette from his hand. She examined it closely and then placed it in between her lips like he had done. She breathed in the smoke and started choking. Namjoon laughed and took the cigarette from her. 

"I think they're coming." Whispered Namjoon and she nodded. He threw his burnt out cigarette towards one random corner and raised his gun. She pointed her gun  towards the end of the alleyway and hid behind some trash cans, Namjoon did the same. 

"I heard they sent people after us," they heard them say,"No matter what you do, keep those documents safe." Namjoon and Jin both walked slowly closer to the end of the alleyway. 

"Hey, did you see that? Something moved." One of the guys said, quietly. She and Namjoon both froze. The guy pulled his gun out and shot towards her. She dodged the bullet and ran to the side. 

"It's them!" They all took their guns out and started shooting, she took refuge behind another trash can. She looked over to see where Namjoon was. 

He looked at her and she nodded. She took a deep breath and walked out of her hiding place. 

She shot the man closest to her and watched him fall to the ground, Namjoon shot the guy who had tried to shoot her.  The man with the files had started running away, but she shot him three times in the back. 

They ran over to him and grabbed the packet from his hands. 

"Let's go." She said, but the man on the ground took out a knife out and started waving it in the air, cutting her leg. She yelped and fell to the ground, and Namjoon shot the man again in the back of his head. The man lay motionless now. 

"Are you okay?" He crouched down besides her. They heard more footsteps and yells coming from the other end of the alleyway. 

"I don't think I can walk, Namjoon." She said. 

"C'mon, you can make it. The car isn't far from here." He said, taking a hurried glance behind him. She shook her head. The footsteps were getting closer, and then they saw a group of men running towards them. 

"Dammit, Jin." He placed his arms under her legs and behind her back and stood up. He began running out of the alleyway and dodging bullets while he carried her. 

When they got to the car, he opened the door and tossed her inside. He the car and drove away as fast as possible.

                                         • • • • • 

"Didnt I tell you to be careful?" Taehyung said. He sat on the other edge of the bed, bandaging up my leg. 

"Shut up." She said, and frowned. 

"Did you get the documents?" He asked. 

"Namjoon has them." She said. 

"Have you thanked him yet?" 

"Yes." 

"How many times?" 

"Once." 

"And you think that's enough?" He put away the first aid kit. 

"Yes?"  

"Go out there and thank him again." He said, pointing at the door. 

"I can't really walk." She said, gesturing towards her leg. 

"I'll cary you." He said and she sighed, having already predicted this was going to happen. He picked her up and walked out the door. 

"Hey, Namjoon." she said and he turned to her. 

"Thanks. For earlier today." She caught his eye and gave him a look, making sure he remembered what she had said earlier. 

'"Later you have to smile at me." 

"Why?" He asked, looking disgusted.

"Then they'll think we don't hate each other anymore. And they won't bother us anymore." 

"But smiling at you? Isn't that too much to ask for?" 

"Just do it." She said. 

"Fine."'

He returned the look, looking a bit amused that she had really seen this coming, and they both smiled at each other. 

"No problem." He said and turned back around. Taehyung dropped her and she fell to the floor. 

"Ow. What the hell, Tae." She said, looking up at him. 

"What was that?" He asked, looking at the both of them. 

"What was what?" She asked, sitting up. 

"You smiled at him. Why? What happened over there?" Namjoon gave her one of those  I-told-you-so looks and she rolled her eyes. 

"Shut up, Tae. It was nothing." She was really hoping they would leave them alone. She guesses they never really would. 

"No, it wasn't nothing. You smiled at him. What happened over there? Why did you-?" 

"Shut up, Tae."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Soooooo here's another chapter!!! Kinda long this time but whateves. Hope you guys like it!!! Thanks for the subs!!!

k byeeeee (^∇^)