Chapter 21

Endless Lies

 

Walking up to someone's door had never been so nerve wracking. Jin’s hands were sweating and her bottom lip was caught in between her teeth as she knocked on Baekhyuns door. He opened the door, face glowing as he smiled brightly and stepped aside to let them in. 

"Hi," Jin said, handing him the gift she brought and then proceeding to take her jacket off,(She was so nervous that she had started to sweat through her clothes). 

"Hey," he grinned, putting the gift down, and then hurrying over to her side to take her jacket. She thanked him and walked over to the sofa. 

While thet waited for everyone to arrive they played random games and watched movies. Well, more like they decided to move on to movies after she beat everyone at literally every game. 

Baekhyun and Jin were outvoted on the movie choice,(they chose Harry Potter, of course),and as they waited for the last of them to arrive, thet all huddled in front of the tv watching the scary movie that Sehun had picked out. 

By the end of the movie, Jongin and Baekhyun were both clutching her hands, Junmyeon and Tao were holding onto to each other, Chanyeol and Sunmi were holding hands,(She took a mental note to ask her about that later), and everyone else were covering their faces with their knees and blankets. Sehun was all the way on the other side of the room, peeking in through the doorway. She was probably the only one in the room who wasn't scared. 

Luhan and Minseok arrived about two hours from midnight, both with their gifts in hand. Ruffling the snow from their hair, they walked over and sat down with the rest of the group. Luhan smiled and gave Jin a one-armed hug, pulling away only when someone called his name. She looked over and saw Baekhyun frowning, and feeling her cheeks turn pink, she turned away and pretended like nothing happened. 

"Two hours till midnight, guys. What’s next?" Kris asked, reaching over to the table for a bag of chips. 

"We could watch another-" 

"No, not another scary movie. I almost pissed myself." Jongin interrupted Sehun, making everyone laugh, but nod their heads in agreement. 

"Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad." Baekhyun said. 

"Yeah, that's why you were holding on to my hand the whole time, right?" She teased, making everyone laugh at him, and his face turned a dark shade of red. Just as he was about to say something, her phone started and ringing and she excused herself to go answer it. 

"Hello?" She answered, walking around the kitchen distractedly. 

"Hey, Jin," Taehyung said,"Are you home right now?" 

"Uh, why?" She asked, turning around to look at the group. For some reason, Baekhyun was strangling Chanyeol. 

"Well, I'm on a mission right now, and it could go on for a few days, so I thought maybe we should exchange gifts before I leave town." He said, sounding out of breath and a bit frantic. 

"Oh, okay. I'll wait for you then." She said, biting her nail. 

"Okay, see you soon!" He said, ending the call. She walked back to the group.

"Hey, guys," She said, grabbing their attention,"I think I have to head home, my friend wants to meet up before he leaves." 

"Well, we can just go with you. We have nothing to do anyways." Luhan suggested, sitting up. 

"Are you sure? There isn't much to do back home." She said, biting her lip. 

"Yeah, why not? I'm sure we'll think of something." Minseok added, sitting up as well. 

"Well, if it's alright with you guys." She said, and they all nodded their heads in agreement. Baekhyun came up to her with her jacket and helped Jin put it on, just as everyone else was busy putting theirs on and grabbing as much gifts as they could,  and then Baekhyun spoke to her quietly. 

"Was Taehyung the one who called?" He asked, looking down at her. She hadn’t noticed the height difference bwteeen then until now. 

"Yeah." She said, looking down and buttoning up her coat, trying to busy herself with something. He hummed and walked away, looking for his own coat. 

They made it back to her place in three cars, parking in front of the house and then hurrying inside to get out of the heavy snow. As she walked in, Jaehee was hurriedly putting some heels on as she spoke to someone over the phone. 

"Going somewhere?" Jin asked, looking her up and down. 

"Yeah, going out with friends. I left some money on the counter if you get hungry. There's drinks in the fridge." She said, grabbing her purse from the table. 

"Cool, thanks." Jin walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge, but it was filled with beer. 

"Hey, there's only beer in here. I thought you meant like, soda or something." She said, pulling  one out and examining it. 

"Well, what's wrong with that? I always drank during high school. It's not like you're going anywhere." She said, grabbing her keys and shoving her phone in her purse. 

"We don't need to drink to have fun, Jaehee. And-" She started to put the beer back in the fridge, but she turned around and laughed, stopping her from saying anything else. 

"What, too scared?" She crossed  her arms. She narrowed her eyes at her. 

"Is that a challenge?" Jin said after a moment, and she smirked, turning back around. 

"Maybe it is." She said, walking out the door and closing it behind her. 

She stayed staring at the door for a few minutes, one hand on the fridge and the other still clutched around the bottle tightly. 

"Jin, don't-" Jihoo started, but she ignored him. 

"That ." She said, forcing the lid of the bottle off and chugging the drink in a matter of seconds. 

"You shouldn't drink, Jin." Baekhyun tried prying the bottle out of her hand, but she pushed him away. 

"You shouldn't tell me what to do." She said , grabbing as many bottles as she can and then letting them fall on the floor in the living room. 

"Drink up, friends." She said, walking back to he kitchen to get more drinks. 

"Remember what happened last time." Baekhyun said, leaning against the wall and raising an eyebrow at her.  

"That was a mistake and won't happen again." She said, looking away and walking past him. 

With only an hour left to midnight now, they all agreed on a game of truth or dare. Of course, the questions towards Baekhyun and Jin were always, "how do you feel about him/her?",  in which they’d both always answer, “we’re just friends”. (They seemed to think that the more drunk they’d get the more likely they’d be of admitting secret feelings for each other, which is what they clearly wanted to hear).

 However, on one occasion Luhan joined in on the fun and instead asked, "Do you think anything could happen between you two? I mean, you must think he's at least a little attractive?" Jin blanked, looking at him accusingly. He only shrugged and laughed. 

"That's more than one question!" She protested. 

"Don't avoid the question, Jin." Kris grinned cheekily, leaning again Luhan. She turned to look at Baekhyun, just as he turned to look at Jin, and tilted her head to the side in thought. Everyone was staring at the both of them excitedly. 

"I don't know, I mean... I guess... it could happen?" She said, not really sure herself, and everyone suddenly got really loud and started cheering. 

"Finally, finally, the truth!"  

"Luhan, you genius!" 

She rolled her eyes and sipped from her bottle, but out of the corner of her eye she could see Baekhyun turning red and taking a drink too, which would be his first drink of the night. 

The rest of the night for the most part was a blur, and when she finally focused on her surroundings more, the room was in complete chaos. 

Sunmi was on the floor clutching her stomach; Jihoo was gripping onto his arms and rubbing them soothingly; Taewoon was trying to balance on his stomach while his hands and feet were binded together behind him; Tao had strange writing and small drawings all over his face and arms; Luhan had two hello kitty band aides over his bare chest and his hair was tied up into two little ponytails; Chanyeol's face was caked in poorly applied makeup; Jongin was wearing one of her bras; Sehun was in a  small pink dress; Minseok's face was covered in duct tape except for his eyes, nose, and mouth; Kyungsoo was sitting in a chair that he was duct taped in; Kris's eyebrows were red and considerably less thinner than she remembered; Lay's hair was a lot shorter than she remembered it being; Junmyeon's hands were tied together behind his back and for some reason covered in socks; Jongdae had different types of balls taped to him; and Baekhyun was sprawled over her legs, shivering and soaking wet. When she looked down at herself, she noticed that her shirt was ripped and now looked like a crop top, and a piece of cloth that was the same material that her shirt was made of was tied around her and Baekhyun's hands, and her other hand was clutching a belt. How the did all this happen? And did she even want to know? 

By the time Taehyung arrived, everyone was pretty much passed out, and when she stood up to greet him, she almost fell over. 

He left shortly after they exchanged gifts and bid her goodnight, and soon after that she passed out. When she woke up, she was in bed and both her gifts were next to each other on the floor. The larger one was from Taehyung, and when she opened she almost dropped it in surprise because he got her a keyboard. She texted him multiple messages thanking because, damn, she had not expected him to spend this much, or to remember that she played when he'd never heard her play before. He only texted back saying that it was nothing and asked her to play for him, she thanked him again and said she would. 

The smaller one belonged to Baekhyun, with a small note on the front claiming he was her secret santa, and wishing her a Merry Christmas. She smiled at the excessive use of exclamation marks and happy faces. In the bag was a gift card to the ice cream shop she had taken him to around the time they first met, a stuffed animal in the shape of a puppy, and a small box. She reached for it and took the lid off, and inside were a pair of earrings. Underneath them was a folded piece of paper, and she slid it out gently. In it he explained how he didn't know what else to get her, and asked for his brothers girlfriends opinion, who also helped him pick them out. She held them up, and examined them closely. 

To be honest, they weren't really her style, but then again she never really wore jewelry. The thought that he actually went out to buy this, though, was endearing, and so she told herself that she would wear them. 

The whole house was empty, and now that they were gone, she had time to collect her thoughts. 

If she were completely honest with herself; She’d admit that her feelings for Baekhyun weren't so platonic anymore, but she didn't like that thought, especially since she was pretty sure that he still had feelings for Taeyeon. The way he's been acting has had her thinking otherwise, though. 

She also thought about what Taehyung had said before, and she had to admit that his words had some truth to them too. There really wasn't a reason to keep pretending this anymore, so why were they? It was probably time she confronted him about it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Haha ... sorry for taking so long lmao ... 

Well, for starters, Happy New Years !!! I've been quite busy and had a massive art/writing block, but I'm working my way through both, I'm actually working on the next chapter, but break is over so idk when I'll be able to update again. I'll try to update as soon as I can though  !!! 

Anyways ,,, see y'all soon!! (Hopefully!!)

**** you,,,,, finally edited all the chapters as best as I could ,,, will try to update as soon as I can***