Chapter 8

Endless Lies

 

Jin sat next to baekhyun, checking her phone almost every five seconds just to give herself something to do. He wouldn't talk at all, and she didn't know what to say either. He was probably still upset over taeyeon, which also bothered her. She really didn’t seem worth it to her. She was also kind of shocked at his quick change of mood. She’d only known him for a day and already so much has happened, it was a bit draining. But also more entertaining then her last school had been in a while, so truthfully, she didn’t mind all that much. 

She looked over at him; he was looking around at the small shop. He looked back at her and she smiled politely, he smiled back quickly and then gazed out the window. She sighed and placed her chin on the palm of her hand.  Why was Taehyung taking so long? 

Just then the door to the shop opened and in came Taehyung. She ran up and threw her arms around him. 

"Thank god, you're here!" She exclaimed and he laughed and hugged her back,"This guy was boring me to death." She added quietly. 

"You're not very good at whispering." Said baekhyun from behind them. Her face flushed as she turned to look at him. 

"Umm, I'm sorry-" She said looking down, feeling a bit guilty, but he interrupted her.  

"It's fine." He said looking amused and stood up. He walked up to the counter and they both followed. 

"Who is that guy?" Taehyung whispered into her ear.

"He's... Part of my mission." She whispered back while baekhyun oredered his ice cream.

"New partner? But we're partners!" He frowned. 

"No, we're not partners..... He's... I'm protecting him." She said, blinking rapidly. 

"Protecting him? How long?" 

"I'm not sure. I'll have to ask about that later." She said thoughtfully. How long was this going to be? It wasn't going to be forever right? Because she wasn’t looking forward to baekhyun rambling about his girl problems. Then again it was a bit amusing. But Jin had a feeling the worst was to come. 

"I'll pay for your ice cream, just tell her what you want." Taehyung said as they walked up to the counter. 

"Really? Thanks!" She said, hugging him quickly then telling the lady what she wanted. After he payed for both of their ice creams, they all walked out of the shop and started walking down the street. 

"Oh, hey I forgot. I'm Taehyung." He said holding out his hand for Baekhyun to shake. 

"I'm baekhyun." He said, taking his hand and shaking it briefly. 

"So, how do you two know each other?" asked baekhyun, his ice cream. 

"We used to go to school together. " Jin answered. 

"But we're also like the best of friends. Like the best of friends. Like-" 

"He gets it, Tae." She interrupted him, while smiling a little to herself. 

Baekhyun looked at them skeptically, his eyes shifting between Taehyung and Jin. 

"Are you guys.... Dating?" He asked. 

"What? No." She said immediately, feeling her face flush. She looked over at Taehyung who looked just as embarrassed, his cheeks faintly tainted pink. 

"We're.... just friends." He said slowly, and she nodded. 

"Well, not just friends." He said smiling and she looked at him confused. 

"Best friends." He said, smiling brightly, and then shifting his focus towards his ice cream which was starting to melt. 

They walked around looking at the shops while eating their  ice cream, not talking once. It was, well, kind of awkward. It hadn’t occurred to her that it would be awkward between them since they didn’t know each other. She had just met him and they were already hanging out. And she couldn’t tell if it was because she was just that bad with people or because he was in a bad mood. Ah really should’ve thought this through. She was just trying to make him feel better, but she didn’t even know how to do that. Luckily Taehyung spoke after a few minutes. 

"Jin, how long are you gonna be here?" He said, finishing his ice cream. 

"What?" She asked, wiping at the corner of her lips. 

"Weren't you in school?" 

"Oh, yeah. Baekhyun when does lunch end?" She asked. He took his phone out to check the time and his eyes widened. 

"...five minutes." He said looking up at her. 

"sh*t," She muttered, "Thanks for the ice cream Tae, I've got to go. See you later!" She said, waving at him, and then taking baekhyun's hand and running towards her car. 

They both hurried into the car and she drove as fast as she could towards the school. They both got out of the car and ran inside the school. When they entered the school, the bell rang, and they both sighed in relief for making it on time. 

They walked towards their next class, after finding out that they had the next class together, and sat down at one of the tables at the end of the classroom. It just so happened that taeyeon was also in this class. Awkward. Big yikes. 

Every time the teacher wasn't looking in their direction, she would glare back at Jin, in which she would respond by sticking her tongue out. She looked over at baekhyun, who was looking at the both of them with a frown on his face. She took that as her queue to stop. 

The teacher had just assigned a project that included partners, which made taeyeon brighten up instantly and turn towards baekhyun. He caught the look on her face and scowled. 

When the teacher finished talking and everyone had begun picking their partners, taeyeon stood up and walked towards us. But she stopped when she saw baekhyun lace his fingers through Jin’s.  

"Want to be my partner?" He asked, smiling brightly at her. 

"Sure. My place?" She smiled back, and saw taeyeon eyes widen out of the corner of her eye. Baekhyun nodded and looked at taeyeon with a cold look. She frowned and turned away. 

The bell rang and they both walked out while still holding hands. She stuck her tongue out one last time at taeyeon. 

“So, does this mean you’ll help me?” He asked me quietly, all his energy from before not quite there anymore. It made her feel a little bad. She smiled reassuringly. 

“Sure. I like pissing her off.” He shook his head, an amused spread across his face. 

She led him out of the classroom and towards her car in the parking lot where they were already waiting. 

"What's going on?" Jihoo asked, looking at baekhyun and Jin. 

"Long story." She said, letting go of his hand and getting into the car. Baekhyun went around the car and sat next to her in the front.

She waited for the other three to get into the car and then drove out of the school and towards their  house, and for some reason she felt a little nervous. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally updated again!! I'll try to update again sometime this week. Short and kinda crappy chapter, so, sorry, but it's not that bad right??? 

Welp, I'll try my best to write a better and longer chapter next time.                                                

Byeee ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ 

****Oof, even my authors notes are cringe. Trying to edit as fast as I can!!*****