Chapter 1

Endless Lies

 

 
 
Fully aware of her drenched clothes, she didn't stop rubbing her exposed skin, leaving it red and numb. She shuddered slightly as the wind started to get colder and a light drizzle was falling on her face.

With the palm of her hand she reached up rubbed her cheek, but as soon as her hand came in contact with the side of her face she froze. She looked down at both of her shaking hands and found deep, bloody gashes all over them. She tried to get up, but ended up falling back down on the sandy ground. 

It was raining hard now, which washed the blood off her face. It had also gotten colder, which only made her shivering grow stronger. Somewhere behind her, she could hear cars and people walking around, but she ignored it. She could sense panic among them, and decided she was going through too much right now to pay them any mind. Eventually, someone came walking down to her and put their hand on her shoulder. 

"Miss, are you okay?" The person asked; a boy, she noticed. She turned her head slightly to see him. He seemed her age, but his voice made him sound a lot older. She only stared back, not finding any strength to respond. 

"Just do as you were told." Someone in a suit said. This man, she was sure, was much older. The boy lifted her hand gingerly and pulled her up. She pulled her hand away. 

"It's okay, I won't hurt you." He smiled assuringly. He grabbed hold of her hand again. She looked down at their hands, surprised. Either he didn't know that she was bleeding, or he didn't care. 

They kept walking uphill until they were in front of the van. He opened the door and sat down on the floor of a van, letting his feet dangle off the side of the van. He motioned for her to do the same. 

"Why are we even doing this?" Someone said from inside the van. She sat down next to the boy. 

"At least we're helping someone. All we ever do is kill." The boy next to her said. She looked at him alarmed. 

"Oh, I mean- I don't-" 

"Nice one." 

"Shut up," he said hastily,"we only... get rid, of bad people." She frowned. This boy was a murderer? 

"Pass me the first aid kit." He said. He picked it up and opened it, taking out some bandages and disinfecting wipes. He grabbed hold of her hands, but she pulled them away. 

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said, but she wasn't convinced. He did just admit to killing people. 

"It's okay, our parents worked together. I knew them, too." 

"They did?" Someone asked. 

"Don't you remember the Lees?" He said. 

"You mean they're the ones that's we're-" The boy nodded hastily, cutting him off, and grabbed her hands again. 

"I thought they only had one daughter?" Someone whispered. 

"That's what everyone thought." 

"There we go." The boy said, showing her his handiwork. He had cleaned and wrapped up her hands, also cleaning his own during the process. 

"Taehyung, hurry. He's coming." 

"Do we really have to-" he started but was interrupted. 

"Yes." The boy, Taehyung, looked at her apologetically. 

"This won't hurt, okay?" He pulled something out of his jacket pocket. 

"What?" She finally spoke. In one swift motion, he grabbed her arm and plunged something into the inside of her arm. She looked down to see him injecting something and frowned. 

"I'm sorry." He said. Seconds later she was laying down and losing consciousness. 

•••••

When she woke up there was sharp pain in the back of her head, and her arm had a bandage wrapped around it. She tried to sit up but someone pushed me back down. She suddenly registered voices around her. 

"Is she dead?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"She looks dead."

"She's not dead."

"But her head was bleeding a lot."

"I know. I was there, remember?" 

"Don't be so mean."

"Can't you see she's breathing?"

"I don't see her moving at all..."

"Are you an idiot?"

"Jae Hee, calm down"

"Stay out of this!

"You'll wake her up."

"JaeHee. She's. Dead."

"No she's not!"

"But look-"

"Hey, she moved!"

She sat up fully this time, taking in her surroundings. Her eyes finally landed on the the four people staring at her. She blinked. 

"How're you feeling, Jin?" The tallest girl asked. 

"...fine." For some reason, she seemed a little familiar. 

"Do I know you?" She asked timidly. 

"I was friends with your sister." She smiled sadly. She knows. 

"Oh," She said,"where am I?" 

"Your new home,"she answered,"we brought everything from your old home here, and anything else you might need." She said. 

"Wait, what?" 

"This is where you'll be staying from now on. And we're your partners. You'll be starting your training next week, by the way." 

"Training?" She asked. 

"Don't you know what your parents did?" She asked. She shook her head. 

"They were spies, Jin, the best in the company."

"Is this supposed to be some kind of joke?" She asked. 

"No, it's true. We all are, and you will be too. We're trained at a very young age." She waited for her to say she was kidding, but she didn't. 

"So, you're saying, that my parents are- were spies." She nodded.

"Bullsh*t. My parents were teachers." She said. 

"They lied, Jin." 

She looked at her incredibly. Her parents never lied to her. What does she know? 

"What, am I supposed to believe you?" She asked. 

"Don't believe me? Fine. You'll find out for yourself soon enough." She said. 

Sure enough, a week passed and her so called trainings started. She was also enrolled to a new school, where she met up with Taehyung and his partners. She got along with all of them, except Namjoon. That b*tch picked a fight with her as soon as they met. But it was nice to know there was someone she could trust. Taehyung. 

 

~~~~~~~

Aaaaaan, first chapter is up, enjoy :^)  

*****Edited this once again!! Editing all my chapters and then continuing this finally!!*****