Chapter 14

Endless Lies

 

 
 
Once Jin was able to find her room (which she was sharing with JaeHee) she ran to her bed and jumped on, startling her. 
 
"I need help." She said, grinning. 
 
"With what?" She asked, sounding annoyed. 
 
"I have a date, and-" 
 
"You have a date?" She cut in, looking surprised but also delighted. 
 
"Yeah, and I... I don't know what to wear." She said. 
 
"Oh my gosh, let's find you and outfit, right now!" She exclaimed, getting up from her bed and opening up her suitcase.
 
 She started to grab a bunch of random clothing items and scattering them around the room, looking closely at each one before tossing them. Jin wasn't sure if she was getting rid of them, or if she was choosing them for possible outfit choices, but she watched silently and let her do her thing. After all, she was the fashion expert, not Jin. 
 
"Well, I know you wouldn't want to look over the top, so dresses are out." She said, while she nodded. 
 
"It's not that cold out... but you should stick to jeans. You have a really bad tan line." She said, to which Jin scowled. 
 
"What really matters here, is the top." She said, and Jin shrugged. 
 
"If you say so." She said. 
 
"Let's see..." She started to put together different combinations. 
 
After what felt like a whole hour, they had decided on an outfit. She picked up the clothes and stuffed them into her suitcase. They both got ready for bed quickly and got into bed. Neither of them were really tired, so they started talking instead. 
 
"So, you and Daehyun are like, pretty serious then?" She asked. 
 
"Well, I'm not sure. We haven't really made anything official yet, I mean, tomorrow is our first date." 
 
"I never though I'd see the day when you would go on a date." 
 
"Rude." 
 
"Well, it's true." 
 
"When was your first date?" She asked curiously.
 
"Can't remember. There's been so many." She replied cheekily. 
 
"Shut up." 
 
"I heard talking and I want to be a part of this conversation." Taewoon walked through the door. 
 
"Get out, we're having girl talk." 
 
"Did Jin just say 'girl talk'?" 
 
"Yes. Today, history has been made." 
 
"Guys, stop." 
 
"No, seriously, did I hear right?" 
 
"Yes, you heard right now get out." 
 
"Uh, rude." He said, walking out and closing the door behind him. 
 
"Well, if you want to look good for your date tomorrow, you should probably get some sleep." She said, bending over and turning off the lamp on the bed table. 
 
"Goodnight." They said simultaneously, and Jin closed her eyes to fall asleep. 
 
•••••••
 
 
 
Since they had the next day free and she was a bit tired, she was able to sleep in, something that rarely happens. She woke up around 10:00 and realized that she had a date today, so she ran out of bed, brushed her teeth and hair, changed into her clothes and ran out. 
 
When she opened the door Daehyun was already in the hallway, his hand raised ready to knock. 
 
"Oh good, you're awake. Wanna get going?" He said, smiling. 
 
"Let's go." She said, walking out and taking his hand in hers. 
 
He lead her down the hall and towards the door, and as he was opening the door someone called her name. 
 
"Jin?" Taehyung said. 
 
"What?" She responded. 
 
"Where are you going?" He said, glancing towards Daehyun. 
 
"Out." She said. 
 
"I thought maybe we could do something today..." he said, sounding disappointed. 
 
"Maybe later, okay?" She smiled, and walked out the door with Daehyun. 
 
"You guys are close, huh?" Daehyun said. 
 
"Yeah, we've been friends for a while now." She said. After a moment of silence he said; 
 
"You still like ice cream, right? I was planning on taking you to one of my favorite ice cream places around here.” She nodded excitedly and he laughed. 
 
He took her to a cosy little ice cream place and ordered two ice cream cones, vanilla for him and chocolate for her. They walked out and started eating ice cream, still holding hands. 
 
"Do I have any chocolate on my face?" She asked, halfway done with her ice cream.
 
"Yeah, a little..." He trailed off. He leaned down and pressed a quick peck on her lips. 
 
"Mmm, chocolate." He said, and she nudged his shoulder  while laughing. 
 
After finishing their ice cream he led her around town. Every now and then a girl would give her a jealous look and stare longingly at Daehyun, and every time she felt a sense of pride that she was the one holding his hand. It kind of reminded her of her situation with Baekhyun, but she shook her head to clear the thought away and focus on Daehyun. 
 
For the next couple of days, whenever they had time, they went on multiple dates,(all of which included ice cream, of course), and, each one was more boring and awkward than the last. 
 
Daehyun was also kissing her, a lot, which she was honestly getting tired of. Five years ago all she could think about was being with Daehyun like this, and now that she was, it felt like there was something missing. Nothing felt the same. After a couple of hours of sightseeing, they decided to head home. She knew there was something he wanted to tell her, but he seemed hesitant. 
 
When they were in front of the house he turned so that he was facing me. 
 
"Today was fun." He said, grinning. 
 
"Yeah, it was." She smiled back. Something about him seemed distant, more so than usual. 
 
He had his lips pressed together, and gave her a thoughtful look. He leaned down to kiss her again, and this time she stopped him. 
 
"Daehyun, we need to talk." She blurted out, taking a step back. 
 
"Yeah, we do," he breathed out,"is it just me, or has it been a bit weird between us?" 
 
"Yeah, something's different." They both looked at each other, frowning. 
 
"I think- I think I don’t...like you... Anymore." She said carefully. 
 
"Oh, thank god, I thought it was just me." He said. 
 
"Don't get me wrong, I still love you.... But in more of a... Brother/Sister way?" She said. 
 
"Yeah, I've been feeling that way too. But hey, you still look hot." He said, grinning. 
 
"You don't look to bad yourself." She smiled, finally feeling comfortable. 
 
He put his arm around her shoulders and they headed inside. 
 
"Glad we got that sorted out." She sighed. 
 
"Me too." He said, opening and closing the door behind us. 
 
"Later." He said, waving at her and walking towards his room. She waved back. As close as they were, she knew that a lot of the time, Daehyun liked to keep to himself, which is probably why it was so hard to find him when they first got there. He had probably put a lot of effort into spending time with her these past few days, and she smiled at the thought. He was still one of the kindest people she knew. She was glad they could continue to be friends. 
 
"So, how was the date?" Jae Hee asked excitedly. 
 
"Date? Since when do you go on dates?" Hoseok asked, looking shocked. 
 
"She's been going on dates for like the past week." JaeHee answered for her. 
 
"You hear that, Jin? She's going on dates now. Our baby is all grown up." He hugged Jin. Jin pushed him away,  laughing. 
 
"Quit calling me a baby." She muttered. 
 
"Jin, how was the date?" Jae Hee asked again. 
 
"Oh, right. The date." She said, trying to avoid Taehyung's eyes. Every time they made eye contact it felt like he was boring into the depths of my soul. 
 
"Well, it was fun. There was ice cream involved so that's a plus. But it turns out we don't like each other the way we used to."She shrugged, and JaeHee blinked. 
 
"What?" 
 
"Yeah, we decided to just be friends." She said. 
 
"Well that's disappointing." She said, walking away into another room. 
 
"But expected," said Namjoon,"I mean, who'd want to go out with her?" She glared at him and he smirked. 
 
"I can think of someone." Jungkook said, smiling. 
 
"Well, doesn't matter anyway. I don't want to date." She stuck my tongue out at Namjoon. She walked in the direction Jae Hee had went and ended up in another living room. There she was, sitting down with someone, engaged in conversation. She walked over and sat down in between her  and whoever she was sitting next to. 
 
"Hey guys, how's it going?" Shesaid, putting her arms around both of them. She looked at both of them now, Yongguk looking embarrassed and Jae Hee giving her a pointed look that said get out
 
"Oh. Ohhhh, I see what's going on here. Okay, I'll give you two some privacy." She said, grinning cheekily. She got up and walked away, giving Jae Hee a thumbs up before running out. 
 
••••• 
 
The next day she had to wake up early for their mission. Se didn't even really know what was going on, since she was busy going on dates with Daehyun when they were supposed to be helping out and planning their next attack,  only that they found the destination of where they would be selling the drugs, but Jae Hee told her to get ready for a fight, so she suited up in her gear. 
 
Taehyung walked in looking happy and sat down in front of her. 
 
"Hi." He grinned. 
 
"Hey." She said, lacing up my boots. 
 
"You're in a good mood." She said, switching to her other boot. 
 
"I am." He beamed. 
 
"And why is that?" She asked. 
 
"I don't know... The weather is nice." He said. She looked out the window to see gray clouds and looked back at him, raising an eyebrow. 
 
"It looks like it's gonna rain." She said, standing up, walking towards the door. 
 
"Uh yeah... Isn't it great?" He said, following her out. She was about to remind him that, just like her,  he hated cold weather, but instead she let it go and shrugged. 
 
"So....your date with Daehyun didn't work out?" He asked out of nowhere. 
 
"Well, it was still fun to hang out with him again," She sighed and watched as he stared at her intently,"but we were just confused about our feelings, I guess. Since when were you so interested in my love life anyways?" She asked. 
 
"I'm just curious." He shrugged, smiling brightly. 
 
They met up with Youngjae in the hallway and they both stopped and stared at each other. 
 
"Youngjae, have you been working out? Your arms look great!" She said, raising her hand to high-five him. 
 
"I have, thanks for noticing!" He exclaimed. 
 
"How do I look?" She said, spinning around and posing. 
 
"Nice." He said, nodding his head. 
 
He put his arm around her shoulders, and they walked out towards the van laughing. They rode in the van in silence(surprisingly) and then they jumped out, his arm around her shoulders again. 
 
"Okay," Yongguk started,"someone is going to have to try and trick them into thinking we’re buying whatever drugs they have to sell." He said, pulling out a briefcase. 
 
"We'll do it!" Youngjae said, grabbing the briefcase. 
 
"Don't say something stupid," Yongguk said quickly,"we want to avoid a fight, not start one." 
 
"We've got this." Youngjae said while opening the briefcase. 
 
"Holy sh*t, is this real?" She said, looking at all the money they had stuffed inside. 
 
"No, of course it's not real." He said. 
 
"Oh, Well, whatever, lets go." She said, feeling a bit stupid. 
 
"Be careful," said Daehyun,"I've dealt with guys like this before, they don't around." 
 
"Yeah, yeah." She waved him off, closing the briefcase and walking away with Youngjae. 
 
The others hid while they walked towards the group of men. She looked around and finally took in her surroundings; they seemed to be in an abandoned train station. Where they were walking, there was no roof, so they started to get drenched in the rain that had started to fall. 
 
"You've got the money?" The man in the front said, looking around. 
 
"Yeah, we've got the money, but do you have, the stuff?" She said, crossing her arms. It probably would have helped if she had shown up to their meetings. 
 
"Obviously, idiot." The man said. 
 
"Rude, you asked first." She scoffed. 
 
"Well?" He said, ignoring her, and turning towards Youngjae. 
 
"Here it is." Youngjae the briefcase forward. 
 
"Open it." The man said. Youngjae turned to her, looking a bit worried. She wasn’t sure why. She really should have shown up to those meetings. 
 
"What, don't you trust us?" She said. 
 
"No." He said. 
 
Youngjae opened the briefcase and showed the man. The man looked at it skeptically, and picked up one of the bills. 
 
"Boom, there it is. Now give us the...stuff." She said. Youngjae looked at her quickly and shook his head. 
 
"This is fake!" He said angrily. 
 
"No it isn't-" 
 
"What are you guys, cops?!" 
 
"Ew, no." She said. Youngjae put an arm in front her to stop her. 
 
"Not far off, though,"Youngjae said,"hand over your weapons and everything you were planning to sell and walk over quietly, and no one gets hurt. How does that sound?" 
 
The man pulled out a gun and pointed it at them. 
 
"Hey, hey-"Youngjae had started, but was cut off when a gunshot echoed off the station walls. She looked over at Youngjae who looked shocked, and slowly they both looked down where blood had started to stain his shirt. She looked over at who had shot him, his arm still outstretched. She pulled out her gun and pointed at his head, shooting him, and watching him fall to the ground.  Youngjae has started to stumble back, and then his knees buckled and he fell over, slamming down on to the ground. She could only stare in shock. 
 
In an instant a fight started, both groups were running towards each other. She ran over to Youngjae quickly, who was trying to prop himself up and was pressing his hand into his wound. 
 
"Youngjae," She chocked out,"I'm sorry, I-I'm sorry-"She started, but was cut off by his coughs. Blood dripped down his chin. 
 
"Oh my god." She dragged him back towards a wall. She felt numb all over. All around her she could hear bullets being shot and whizzing past her, but she couldn't feel a thing. 
 
"Does it hurt? Do I- I don't know what to do!" She said, breathing heavily. 
 
"Jin, I'm fine," he said smiling,"go." 
 
"I'll be back, I promise." She swallowed. 
 
She stood up and ran towards the fight, landing a punch on the first person she could reach. After shooting him multiple times, she moved on to the next guy, but was shoved back by Taehyung. 
 
"Tae, move-" 
 
"Jin, you're hurt." He said, pushing her against a wall. She looked down and saw a bullet wound in her leg. 
 
"I'm fine."
 
She moved towards the fight, the pain in her leg starting to kick in. She looked over and froze; zelo was on the floor bleeding profusely. Daehyun was over him trying to stop the bleeding 
 
Suddenly someone was yelling her name, but everything was starting to blur together. Someone shoved into her and she fell forwards, banging her head on the ground. The last thing she saw was someone running towards her and then everything went black. 
 
~~~~~~~~~
Here's another chapter!!! 
Enjoy ◕‿◕