Chapter 18

Endless Lies
 
 
 
When Jin woke up, there was no one in the room and sounds were coming from the kitchen. She sat up, confused: No one ever really cooked at home(especially not her). They usually ate out, unless JaeHee or JiHoo weren't too lazy to cook something up for them. 
 
She walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen, stifling a yawn. When she wasn't paying attention though, she walked straight into a wall. The impact caught her off guard and she stumbled backwards, her back crashing into the couch. She fell backwards onto the couch, and then slid off until her head hit the floor. 
 
"Holy sh*t, is she okay?" Someone said. She sat up quickly and rubbed her eyes. She groggily put up her fists. 
 
"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked. She looked up at Jongin, who was looking down at her in surprise. 
 
"Umm... I'm here with Baekhyun." He said. 
 
"He's here?" She asked warily. He nodded in response. She frowned and looked down at the floor, trying to remember what happened last night. She stood up and was careful of where she was walking this time. She walked into the kitchen and found Baekhyun and Kyungsoo bickering over something sizzling in a pan. Chanyeol was sitting down at the table. Baekhyun noticed her presence and smiled. 
 
"Good morning." He said, and she smiled in return. 
 
"Sorry if we were being too loud, didn't mean to wake you up." He said. 
 
"It's fine." She shook her head, sitting down across from Chanyeol. 
 
"Yeah, sorry for just inviting people over like this, too. It's just, well I was awake for a while and didn't want to wake you up, and I was bored. So I called Chanyeol. Then I thought I should make some breakfast, so I called Kyungsoo over since he's a much better cook then I am, and Jongin happened to be with him, so they both came along." He explained. Did he sleep over? How did they even get to her house last night? 
 
"Where's everyone else?" She asked. 
 
"Oh, they left early. They said they had errands to run." He shrugged. 
 
"Are you gonna help with this or not?" Kyungsoo said dryly. Baekhyun and Chanyeol both mimicked him and Kyungsoo raised the spatula in the air. Baekhyun shut his mouth and turned back to the pan, trying his best not to laugh. She watched over them fondly, and waited  patiently for them to finish. She placed her head in her hands and groaned, feeling a headache coming in. Then Baekhyun came around and placed a plate in front of her. 
 
"So,"Baekhyun spoke up,"what do you remember? From last night?" She blinked. When she thought back to last night, everything was hazy and everything came to her in bits and pieces. 
 
"Not much,"She sighed,"I remember drinking, and being angry. I remember Yeri and Taewoon. I thinking I remember dancing." She said. He nodded slowly. 
 
"That's it?" He asked. 
 
"Yeah. I must've been pretty burdensome, huh? I've been told I'm quite the reckless drunk." She said, laughing a little. 
 
"Well, it was a bit funny, actually. Until you started throwing up, that is." He said, smiling and looking down. He looked like he wanted to say something, but kept quiet. The rest of breakfast went on in silence. 
 
When everyone finished, they all decided they should leave. Baekhyun said he would stay. 
 
"I just want to make sure you're alright." He said. 
 
"I'll be fine, Baek." She said, but he frowned. 
 
"You know, I remember you saying the same thing as you retched into the gutter down the street last night." He said. She sighed in defeat. Once they were all out the door, he her. 
 
"I find it hard to believed you don’t remember everything that happened last night.” He said, looking serious. She looked up at him in surprise. 
 
"You do?” She said slowly, “judging by my hangover and how much I apparently puked last night, I must have had a lot to drink.” He kept staring at her.
 
 “You really don’t rmember anything?” He asked. She shook her head. He was starting to worry her.
 
 “Did I do something...bad?” She asked cautiously. He avoided her gaze.
 
 “Well,” He started, “You kissed me.” It was silent for a moment while she processed his words, then her mout fell open and her eyes widened. 
 
“What?!”
 
 “ I mean, you kinda missed and, landed on my chin, which, I’m not gonna lie, was kinda funny, but you still tried to kiss me, and well, that was kinda, I don’t know, significant?” He rambled, cheeks heating up and looking around nervously.  She didn’t even know what to say that.  She ran her hands through her hair frantically. Okay. She knew her feeling were starting to...change. But this was too much for her to handle. 
 
"I just want to know... Why." He said. She looked up at him, still at a loss for words. 
 
"Why? I was drunk." She said, crossing her arms, but internally freaking out. He took a couple steps towards her, and she felt herself freeze. 
 
"Is that really it?" He asked quietly. She frowned. 
 
"What do you mean?" 
 
"Are you saying that's the only reason why you kissed me?" 
 
"What other reason would there be?" She raised her eyebrows. 
 
"Jin, do you....like me?" He said, looking away. Taken aback by the question, she only stared back. Was she just imagining things, or did his tone sound hopeful? Just as she was about to answer, though, someone knocked on the door and she yelled for them to come in. When she saw who it was, she glared. 
 
"You." She said, advancing towards Taehyung. He gulped. Now that incident she remembered. 
 
"Me?" Once she was close enough, she swung her fist and punched him in the face. He stumbled back and Baekhyun grabbed her, pulling her back. 
 
"Jin, what the hell?" Baekhyun muttered, trying his best to hold on to her. 
 
"Why'd you do that?" Taehyung asked, one hand on his cheek. 
 
"You're a ing traitor, that's why." She said, trying to push Baekhyun away. 
 
"What did I do?" He asked. 
 
"Out of all the girls at that party, you chose to make out with Taeyeon? I told you to stay away from her." She felt Baekhyun tense up.
 
"What, you jealous?" He crossed his arms, smirking. She scoffed. 
 
"Go make out with JaeHee for all I care, just stay away from Taeyeon." 
 
"You can't tell me what to do." He raised a brow. 
 
"She's just using you, Tae. She's not actually interested in you, she just wants to get to me and Baekhyun." She said. 
 
"What's the point of this? If she likes him so much then why doesn't he go with her?" He asked, raising his voice. She blinked. He was right, why were they dragging this? Clearly, she was still interested, and he made it clear multiple times that he couldn’t get over his feelings for her, so why were thet still pretending? She honestly wasn't sure if this whole thing was to get him with Taeyeon, or for him to get over her. 
 
"I just....want to be sure. I don't trust her." She said. Baekhyun was no longer holding her back, he stood next to her awkwardly now. Then she looked at Taehyung's hands and noticed he was holding something. 
 
"What is that?" She asked. He still looked angry. 
 
"What is what?" He spat. 
 
"What are you holding." She said, exasperated. The anger on his face was now replaced by worry. 
 
"Oh, I um, grabbed the mail." He said, looking down. Now what? 
 
"Give it to me." She said angrily , snatching it out of his hands. She looked at each envelope carefully. When she got to the last letter, though, she froze. 
 
"Jin?" Baekhyun asked cautiously. She swallowed the lump in her throat and looked up at him. She opened her mouth to say something, but no sounds left. She suddenly felt very sick. 
 
"Jin, are you okay?" Taehyung asked. She  find the strength to answer. She  a step forward, and felt her head spin and no strength in her legs. She fell to the ground, clutching the card tightly. Both Taehyung and Baekhyun crouched down on either side of her in alarm. 
 
"Jin, what's wrong?" Baekhyun asked urgently. She only shook her head in response, biting her lip. He gingerly took the piece of paper from her hands and scanned its contents. When he finished the letter, he set it down on the floor and sighed, bringing her close.
 
Inside the envelope, was an invitation to Youngjae's and Zelo's funeral. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I'm baaaaaack !!!! Sorry for the wait btw. And you should probbs start over, if you want that is, I have made some changes in the chapters, especially the first chapter. I thought I owed you guys a chapter, enjoy !! (^∇^)
 
******edit: yuh.... made some more changes...***