Chapter 11

Endless Lies

 

 

 

 
"So, why weren't you here yesterday?" Baekhyun asked. 

"I was busy." Jin said, flipping the page of my book.

“What happened to your leg?” He asked, looking down at her banadaged leg. 

“Parkour.” She said, without looking up.

"I'm sorry about the other day." He said after a moments pause. 

"That's nice." She said, flipping to the next page again. She knew it was probably messed up that she didn’t thoroughyl explain the situation, but she didn’t care. It wasn’t times like this where she just wanted to be petty. 

"Really, I am."  

"Cool." She flipped another page. 

"...Aren't you going to forgive me?"

"hmm, don't really feel like it." 

"I'm sorry!" 

"Baekhyun, you don't just go looking through others people stuff. That was really private. No one has ever seen that but me." And Taehyung, and Namjoon... 

"I didn't know it was private." He mumbled. 

"Did you not see that it was hidden in a box, hidden under my bed?" She said, shutting her book. 

"Well, when I found it, it wasn't under your bed, kind of sticking out of the box, too." 

"Okay- It doesn't matter where it was, you still shouldn't look through people's stuff!" She said, frowing. 

"I'm sorry..." He lowered his head. 

"I heard you the first time." She said, returning to her book. 

After a small while she closed the finished book, and put it away, taking out another one. She opened the book and started reading. After reading a chapter of her book, the bell rang and she got up. She put her book away and took her schedule out. 

"Do you need me to show you where your classes are?" He asked, trailing behind her.  

"I'll manage." She said, walking faster. 

"But-" 

"I don't need your help." She said, walking away from him. 

  • • • • • 

All of the classes were incredibly boring, and Taeyeon was in one of them which made the day worse. She walked up to Jin with a bright smile,(which only shd could tell was fake), and sat next to her.  

"Let's be partners." She said. 

"No thanks." She said, looking back down at her assignment. 

"Okay." She said cheerfully, and sat down next to her. Jin rolled her eyes.  

Jin began jotting notes down when Taeyeon grabbed a strand of her hair tugged it harshly. In return, and without any hesitation, Jin pulled one of hers. 

"Ow! Why are you pulling my hair?" She screeched, getting everyone to turn to her desk. 

"Because you pulled mine, just returning the favor." She said calmly, going back to her work. 

"What are you talking about? I've been nothing but nice to you." She feigned innocence. Jin laughed. 

"Sure you have." She scoffed, flipping the page. Taeyeon looked frustrated. 

"Why are you being like this?" She said, frowning. 

"Me? Why are you being so fake?" Jin said. 

"Excuse me?" She said quietly. 

"Why do you want so much attention, too? Do you think this is going to make you better for Baekhyun?" She raised her hand and Jin raised and eyebrow, challenging her. 

"Just wait." She warned. 

"No thanks." She said, writing down more notes. 

When class was over, she put her stuff away and walked out. But the hall way was blocked by Taeyeon and eight other girls. Is this what she meant by 'just wait'? 

 She kept walking, ignoring their presence. Taeyeon and her posse blocked her way from both sides. 

"What do you want? I've got better things to do." Jin said, crossing her arms. If she was planning to beat her up,(which she probably can't), she might as well get it over with. 

"Oh really? Like what?" She said, laughing. The rest of the girls started laughing too. 

"Oh, I don't know. But I can assure you it has everything to do with Baekhyun." She said, smirking. What happened next took me completely her surprise. She slapped her. Her hand came up to her face as reflex while she smiled an and turned back at her. Her expression seemed to make Taeyeon nervous.  

"Wow, not bad," Jin said,"but I've seen better." 

Taeyeon raised her hand again but Jin grabbed it. Before she could do anything, one of the other girls grabbed her hand, so she elbowed her in the stomach. That was enough to send her to the ground. Another girl came over and tried to kick her, but she grabbed her leg and pulled it out from under her, making her fall to the ground. They kept throwing themselves at Jin one by one until eventually, they were all sitting on the ground, rubbing a sore body part she had previously hurt. Taeyeon looked angry, and a little embarrassed. Was this really gown fihts went down at this school? Yikes. 

"Do you really think he's going to want to be with you now?" Jin said, walking slowly towards her. She backed up a little. 

"He will when I tell him you hurt me." She said. 

"Wow, you're really desperate. Why? Because he doesn't worship you anymore like everyone else does?" She said, and she didn't say anything. She looked like she was waiting. Was she waiting for me to hit her? 

"You're a waste of my time." Jin  said, turning around. Then, Taeyeon threw herself on top of Jin and started to pull her hair. She pried her hands off and flipped her over, so that she was lying on her back now. It wasn't until Jin heard footsteps from down the hall that she realized, she had set this whole thing up.  

"You, come with me." Said the woman at the end of the hall. Damn. 

  • • • • • 

"You expect me to believe that was self defense?" She asked, raising her eyebrows. 

"Yes?" Jin said. 

"You were in the middle of a group of girls, who were all on the floor, in pain." 

"They threw themselves at me! What was I supposed to do, let them hit me? This is a a good school, don’t you guys have like cameras around or something?" She asked. 

"You were supposed to come to me first, not send them all to the infirmary." 

"Oh please, I barely even touched them. I only pushed them out of my way. Taeyeon was the only one who actually stood a chance. She obviously just wanted this to happen." She scoffed, leaning back into her chair. 

"You realize this could end in expulsion, right?" She said, an uninterested expression on her face. 

"Oh, fine. Expel me, I mean, I'm only keeping your students from getting killed. No big deal." Jin had read the rest of the mission this morning. If we were going to this school, we had to keep it safe. She paused. 

"You're the one keeping our students safe?" 

"Me and three others." She nodded. 

"I hasn't realized..." She muttered. 

"Well, are you going to expel me or not? Get it over with, I'd rather be somewhere else anyways." She said, sighing, and standing up. She wasn’t usually this rude, but today just wasn’t  good day. 

"No, don't go. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, you may stay here." She said, motioning for her to get out. She walked out, slamming the door, knowing there was nothing she could do about it. 

Taeyeon was already waiting outside, along with Baekhyun and his friends, and Jin’s partners. 

"So I guess I won't be seeing you anymore." Taeyeon smirked. 

"Why, are you leaving?" Jin asked, smirking back at her. 

"What? Aren't you getting expelled?" She asked. 

"Nope." She smiled. 

"What happened?" Sunmi asked. 

"I'll tell you later." She said, still staring at Taeyeon. 

"What happened is she started a fight with me. I don't know why-" 

"What happened is you set me up, two-faced b*tch." She said. Everyone looked at her surprised. 

"Excuse me?" She said quietly. 

"Don't try to act like the victim here." Jin said, walking up to her. She stepped back. 

"I don't-" 

"Shut up, Taeyeon. You know exactly what I'm talking about." She said.  

"Go ahead. Hit me, no ones stopping you. You didn't look scared before. Do it." Jin said. 

"Okay! Why don't we just-" Baekhyun had grabbed her arm and tried to pull her away, but she pushed him away and he fell. Despite the tension in the room, some of his friends laughed. 

"Jin, stop." Jihoo had stepped forward. Jin ignored him. 

"Um, Jin? Is it?" Someone else spoke up. It was one of Baekhyun’s friends. 

"What?" She turned to him. 

"Look, I know you want to get back at her, but she really isn't worth your time. Everyone knows who she really is. " He said, and she looked at him. He hadn’t a point. She took a deep breath. 

"You're right." She nodded. Jin smiled and walked past all of them. She heard someone else's footsteps. 

When she walked out someone finally spoke up. 

"Jin." 

She turned around and faced him, it was Baekhyun. 

"What really happened?" He asked. 

"It was nothing." She said, but he looked serious this time. 

"I guess, I provoked her in a way?" She said, shrugging. 

"In a way?" He raised his eyebrows. 

"I mean, she was annoying me, so I sort of implied we did....stuff." She said, feeling kinda embarrassed retelling the story. 

"What?! Why would you- why would you say that?" He said, shaking her shoulders. 

"Because she was annoying me! Why do you care anyways? Aren't you over her? Why do you still like her?" She demanded. 

"It's not that easy," he sighed,"I wish I could." 

"Then why don't you?" 

"Haven't you ever liked someone?" He asked, and her face turned red as one person came to mind. 

"No." She said, but his eyes widened. 

"You're blushing." He said. 

"No, I'm not. It's hot out here." She said, fanning herself. 

"You like someone!" He pointed at her. 

"No I don't." She said. 

"It's that guy isn't? From the other day, Taehyung?" He said, smiling in triumph. 

"No. Why would it be him?" She said, frowning. 

"Wow, you are making it really obvious." 

"No, really. You don't even know him." She said. 

"So you do like someone!" He said. 

"I-I did. I don't know if I still do." She said, and looked down. 

"You see? It's not that easy to get over someone." 

"This is different, though. He was a great guy, Taeyeon is a horrible person. Baekhyun, you can do so much better." She said. 

"I guess Taehyung is nice, yeah." He said thoughtfully.

"Dammit, I- it doesn't matter." She said, waving her hands around, her face heating up more. “Don’t say that sh*t out loud. I can’t have people knowing I have feelings.” He laughed at her expression, and nodded.  Just then the bell rang, it was time for her last class. 

“So, we’re good, right?” He asked quietly, looking at her hopefully. She sighed. 

“Yeah. I can’t  stay mad at you for long.” She admitted, then immediately regretted it. She played it cool, but the way his expression changed made her a bit nervous. He smiled and nodded again. 

"You have gym right now, right?" He asked while we were walking down the hall. She nodded. He waved someone over. 

"Hey, tao. Show her to gym." He said, and walked in the other direction. She looked up at the giant, apparently called tao, and blinked. Now him, she didn’t not want to mess with. 

"So, we have gym?" He asked and smiled, and she was taken aback. His voice was so small, and he looked like a completely different person. She nodded and followed him. They were an interesting group of friends, weren’t they? 

  • • • • • 

"I bet you can't beat me at volleyball." 

"You're on." 

Today, it was a 'fun day' at gym, so they were allowed to play any sport they wanted. Tao and Jin spent at least half the period competing in almost every sport there was to play. She found out he was really competitive, like her, but they kept going because neither of them could win. They always tied. She also noticed that after a while, they had started to get people’s attention. Maybe they should tone it down a notch? 

The ball was up in the air, and she jumped up and spiked it. 

"Ha! Point me!" She exclaimed, fist bumping the air. 

"This isn't over yet!" Tao picked up the ball and hit it over again. This game didn't last long either, they still couldn't beat each other.  

"How about basketball?" She asked, picking the ball up. This was a mistake. A couple minutes into the game, he was beating her. 

"Hey, no fair! You're like a foot taller then me!" She said, after he effortlessly dunked the ball, earning another point. 

"You were the one that wanted to play."  He said, dribbling the basketball. 

"I changed my mind." She grumbled. She looked around for another sport, and found two boys passing a soccer ball back and forth. 

"Let's go over there." She said, walking over. When they were a few feet away from them, they turned around. 

"Can we play?" She asked the boy holding the soccer ball. He looked at the other boy, and they both nodded. 

"Sure." He smiled. 

"Oh, Jin right?" The other boy asked, and she nodded. He was the one who had talked to her earlier. 

"I'm luhan." He said waving, and she smiled politely. 

"I'm minseok." The first guy introduced himself. She waited for tao to introduce himself, then realized that they were all friend she already. He walked up confidently and took the ball. 

"Two against two, right? I choose minseok." He smirked. She walked next to luhan. 

"Are you any good?" She asked, watching as minseok and tao passed the ball in between each other. 

"I'm alright." He smiled.

 Well, 'alright' was an understatement. 

He kicked the ball high in the air and they all waited for it to bounce three times. She ran towards the ball and kicked it towards luhan. 

After a while, she had finally managed to score a goal. Tao was still having some difficulties, he couldn't get the ball past luhan. Both luhan and minseok were amazing. 

The gym teacher blew his whistle, signaling us to leave. She turned around and high-fived luhan. 

"Hey, this isn't over." Tao pointed a finger at them. 

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Luhan waved him off. 

"You're 'alright'?" She said, facing him. He laughed. 

"You're great! Is this what you're going to be when you grow up?" She asked. 

"I'd like to be," he smiled,"Hey, if you’re free, you should come to our game after school." Sincerely this was a long term mission, she actually wasn’t free. They only assigned other small mission occasionally now, which was actually kinda nice. 

"Okay." She nodded and smiled. She waved and walked over to the locker rooms. Maybe they weren’t so bad once you got to know them. 

 • • • • •

"Why would I go?" Taehyung asked. 

"Because I don't want to be alone." She complained into the phone. 

"Just go with Baekhyun." He mumbled. She paused. 

"Jin?" 

"Why do you sound jealous?" She laughed. 

"W-what? Im not jealous." His voice was a lot more high pitched now. 

"Awwww, Taehyung. Don't worry no one can replace my best friend." She cooed. 

"Stop it, Jin. You're embarrassing me." He complained, he sounded a bit cheerier though. 

"Just get you a*s  over here." She said. 

"Okay." He said. She hung up the phone. 

"Wow." She jumped up at the voice. 

"You are such a flirt." Baekhyun said, an amused smile on his face. 

"What?" She said, feeling her face heat up again. 

"That was Taehyung wasn't it?" He asked. 

"So what if it was?" She challenged. 

"Seriously,  just date already." He laughed . 

"Shut up." She frowned. 

"Going to the game?" He changed the subject. She nodded.  

"Why'd you decide to go?" He asked. 

"I'm going mostly to see someone." She said. 

"Taehyung?" Baekhyun smirked and she rolled her eyes. 

"One of your friends. Luhan." She said and he blinked. 

"Really? How do you know him?" He asked. 

"Met him today during gym. He's cool." She said, looking down at her phone. Taehyung was here. 

She walked towards the school entrance to find Taehyung. He was leaning on the of the railing, a few feet away there was a group of girls giggling and pointing at him. He looked over at them and smiled flirtatiously,(like the little -boy he was), and they all shined away laughing. When he saw Jin he smiled. 

"Hey, loser." She grinned. He threw an arm around her shoulders and let her pull him away. 

She led him towards the seats and sat down. She saw Baekhyun sitting next to another friend. When he saw her and Taehyung he smirked. He shaped his hands into a heart and positioned his hands where we were both in the middle. She mouthed the word 'stop' and he laughed. 

"Why are you so red?" Taehyung asked, putting a hand on her cheek. She smacked it away. 

"It's just hot out here." She lied. He looked at her suspiciously, then shrugged and payed attention to the game. She sighed and looked back over to baekhyun, who was making kissing faces. She glared at him and he laughed even harder. 

Throughout the whole game she kept trying to avoid looking in Baekhyun's direction, while also pretending to know what Taehyung was talking about. She was barely paying attention to the game. 

She really didn't get why people thought they were a couple. Sure they were close, but romantically? No way. She was friends with so many other guys too, what made him so different?

Well.. If she really thought about it... Maybe it was because every girl he seemed to hang out with always ended up being his girlfriend. But this was different, she told herself, Taehyung and Jin have always hung out. And they hadn't always treated them this way, they started teasing them some time during sophomore year. After he and his last girlfriend  broke up... Now that she thought about it, she hadn't seen hin with another girl in a while. She turned to look at him. 

What did girls see in him anyway? How had he managed to make so many girls fall for him? He was ... cute, she supposed. Attractive, too. Really attractive, actually. He had nicely tanned skin and... And nice hair...and ... What the  was she  thinking? 

At that moment He turned around, catching her eye. She turned her head back around quickly, turning red.

"Jin, are you okay?" 

"Huh? Oh, Um yeah." She said, looking over at Taehyung. When she turned around, she flinched back at how close he was. She noticed the nervous look on his face too. Neither of them moved away. Then, he smiled and tilted his head slightly. 

"What are you thinking about?” He asked quietly, tilting his head to the side. 

"Nothing." She shook her head slightly. 

 She accidently made eye contact with Baekhyun again and he looked at her with his eyebrows raised. He had a teasing smile on his face and she quickly looked away. Maybe coming here wasn't such a good idea. 

When the game was over they both stood up and walked back towards the school entrance. He threw his arm over her shoulders again and she wrapped hers around his waist. She looked back towards the field and saw Luhan, looking over the heads of people. When he spotted her, he smiled and waved, she smiled back and gave  him a thumbs up, then let Taehyung drag  her away.  

They were right infront of the gates when someone walked infront of them. 

"Move." She said, staring blankly. 

"Who's this?" Taeyeon asked, looking at Taehyung. 

"Why do you care?" She asked, frowning. 

"I thought you were with Baekhyun." 

"I am." 

"Then why-" 

"There's this thing called a friend. Guess you've never had one before. Doesn't surprise me." She said, shrugging. 

"You guys are more then friends. I can tell." She said, crossing her arms. 

"I don't have time for this." Jin said, walking around her. 

"You know, I just don't get how you got ahold of someone so cute." She said, looking at Taehyung. 

"Umm, ew." She said, frowning. 

"If that was your attempt at flirting, you failed." Taehyung said. Taeyoen scoffed. 

"I'll tell Baekhyun about this." She said. 

"Go ahead, man. Me and Baek? We just got this special connection, you feel me? He can have friends, I can have friends, and it’s all good.” She spewed nonsense as she made her way to her car. When she heard Baekhyun's voice though, she stopped and pressed her back to the wall. 

"I'm pretty sure Jin is seeing someone." She told him and Jin rolled her eyes. 

"No she's not." He said. 

"I just saw her with another guy." 

"Oh, Taehyung? I know him, they're friends." He said calmly. 

"Did she tell you that?" She asked. 

"Um yeah, she did. And don't say she's lying because I won't believe you." Jin smiled. 

She could hear his footsteps getting fainter, and then someone else's footsteps getting louder. 

"What's wrong?" Someone asked, a girl. 

"She took Baekhyun from me." She muttered angrily. 

"Hey, calm down. I'm pretty sure every guy in this school wants you." 

"I don't care about every other guy." She said 

"If she stole Baekhyun from me, I'll just steal Taehyung from her." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Here's another chapter~ not that great but whatevsss.¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Hope you guys like it lol 

** lol just updated this ch for like the third time  

******brooo just edited this ch again smh*** 

k byeee (^∇^)