Chapter 22: The Make Up

Call Me, Text Me
Oh gosh…I’m terribly sorry for not updating…
Well here it is…
Please enjoy…and sorry for the spelling mistakes…or bad grammar…
----- ----- -----

Chapter 22: The Make Up

“Ji Yong…” Yoobin called to him as he walks towards her and Vanness, “are you okay?”

Ji Yong didn’t look up but stared to the ground sitting by the nearest chair. He didn’t end up finding So Hee after her runoff. It only brought remorse around him when he thought about it. Yoobin stared at her husband for an answer to respond to Ji Yong. They both felt his sorrow but couldn’t do anything about it.

“If you need anything just let us know,” Vanness spoke insuring that he was on his side.

“No,” Seung Hyun interrupts in his low toned voice.

The three of them stared at Seung Hyun in surprise over his comment.

Ji Yong and Seung Hyun stared at each other making Yoobin and Vanness worry. Then it came to Yoobin, the two didn’t really keep in contact over the year, knowing that, Yoobin had to make them make up somehow.

“Okay you two…it’s about time you guys settle the score…you both are friends…best friends…you guys should help each other…not end your friendship over…” before Yoobin could finish her statement both Ji Yong and Seung Hyun sent an annoyed glare at her.

Yoobin covers with one hand while holding Vanness with her free arm. Vanness shook his head while giving off a faint smile. His wife really has a tongue.

“Do what you guys need to do, don’t do it here though,” Vanness eyed the two former buddies and took Yoobin in his hold as they walked away.

Ji Yong went back to staring down at the ground. Seung Hyun became frustrated over Ji Yong’s attitude. So he had to do something, he didn’t want his efforts gone to waste. He was the one who wanted to spend the rest of his life with So Hee but ended up letter her go after keeping hold of her for as long as he could. The thought only pained him.

“Come on…we’re going to the bar,” Seung Hyun says with that low tone voice of his.

-----

Seung Hyun took his fourth shot glass. Ji Yong just kept on drinking the shot glasses laid out on the counter. Seung Hyun had an urge building under his gut to stop Ji Yong from drinking, but he laid it low not trying to interrupt Ji Yong.

“It’s just like the old times,” Ji Yong broke the silence.

Seung Hyun didn’t look at Ji Yong but nodded his head in agreement. The aura was really settling down. Though it’s been ages they’ve spoken to each other, they’re so compatible it’s like they never had an argument since they’ve known one another.

“I’m sorry for being a jerk,” Ji Yong days with a smile, he was feeling the lightness in his head.

Now Seung Hyun stared towards Ji Yong not sure if what the guy was really telling the truth so he tested him.

“I…really love So Hee…I want to marry her…”

Seung Hyun looked decisively trying to see if he got a reaction out of Ji Yong. And Ji Yong actually fidgeted over the comment as he placed the last shot glass to his lips and chugged it down with one solid swallow then placed the empty shot glass down in with the rest of the empty shot glasses he drunk out of.

“Well then…I’m sure you’ll make a good groom,” Ji Yong spoke smoothly as he turned to face Seung Hyun with eyes full of remorse and regret; there was just so much sorrow being expressed.

Seung Hyun got his answer, Ji Yong was pretty buzzed and actually thought Ji Yong is telling the truth. Ji Yong suddenly takes out his cell phone from his pocket and now stared at the chain hanging from the cellular phone.

“You know…So Hee and I met in grade school…and a good luck chain was what brought us together,” Ji Yong ranted, “now I’m just prying that she’ll be happy now matter the situation knowing that I’ll never be able to be with her.”

Seung Hyun stared at Ji Yong not sure of what to say. He was the one feeling that way, just desiring So Hee to be happy even though he can’t be with her to make her happy. ji Yong looked to Seung Hyun and noticed his burrowed expression. Then Seung Hyun spoke to inform Ji Yong about his separation from So Hee. Ji Yong couldn’t believe it.

“I wasn’t a gret friend at all,” Seung Hyun admitted, “now it’s time I make it up to you buddy.”

Ji Yong wasn’t sure what Seung Hyun was leaning towards to but was a bit relieved over Seung Hyun’s apology.

“I’m sorry…too…for putting you on the spot,” Ji Yong apologized

Seung Hyun looked down at the fine polished table that was toppled by the many shot glasses. He knew what Ji Yong meant. In the past before So Hee, Seung Hyun really was a ladies’ man, but that was when he didn’t know anything about love. He didn’t want to have a broken heart, which he’s feeling now. He didn’t want to be broken like Ji Yong as well, Seung Hyung knew there were some women who just wanted to play around as well, or just get all they can from the guys.

But this was in the past. Seung Hyun figured that maybe the both of them just couldn’t get over their single lives where they did what ever they please.

“I’m surprised that So Hee…didn’t change her number,” Ji Yong spoke after the last shot glass he gulped down, “I’ve wanted to call her many times but was hesitant every single time…but I finally called…it’s still the same…the way she responded back on the other line.”

So Ji Yong did call So Hee at their dinner, Seung Hyun thought within. He felt a knot forming in his gut. But it was different, this feeling wasn’t painful, it was more tingling on the inside of acceptance.

“I think…So Hee needs…I mean…she needs you…” Seung Hyun stutters.

Ji Yong’s face was beginning to turn pink; the liquor was getting to him. Seung Hyun glanced towards Ji Yong’s direction and noticed Ji Yong’s facial decoloration to a flush pink.

“Oh…Ji Yong…come one. I’ll take you home,” Seung Hyun assumes getting on his two feet and gently lifts Ji Yong from the stool.

“No…” Ji Yong mumbles drunkenly, “So Hee needs someone who truly loves her…you’re that person…I lost all…my chances…of being…her love…”

Ji Yong was drunk now, Seung Hyun figured. But those words were as true as a deep cut of a trench. Ji Yong falls back down to the bar table and sat on the stool laying one side of his face on the tabletop.

“All this time…I never…knew…what love was…and the past year…I’ve realized So Hee…was my friend…who always…expressed what love…was supposed to be…” Ji Yong spoke drunken from the drinks.

Seung Hyun was beginning to feel and understand Ji Yong. But what bothered him most was the fact that Ji Yong was giving up So Hee like this.

“You may think So Hee is not in love with you but deep down…inside your heart…you know that you…will always love So Hee because…you’re her best friend,” Seung Hyun stated to make Ji Yong compromise.

It was then Ji Yong softly scoffs from Seung Hyun’s words. Seung Hyun saw what he was afraid was going to happen. Ji Yong forming dreadful tears at the rim of his eyes. Then he watches the tiny clear bulge of water stream down from the corner of his tense tired eyes that could hardly keep open to the tabletop not blinking to clear his vision.

“That’s…what I thought of her…my best friend…suppressing her feelings of love…for me being with another girl…never ever realizing how bad i…treated her…of more less…than a best friend…not being able to do anything in return for her…because…she was the one always doing thing…for me…because she loved me…not as a friend…but a…lover in her eyes…” Ji Yong explained as his tears kept rolling down from his eyes.

Ji Yong slowly closes his eyes feeling a knot building up in his throat where he thought would be alright to rest a bit. It was getting painful where his chest could feel the harsh pressure of his emotions flooding the tabletop. Seung Hyun felt the knot in his chest coming upon him as well. But he held in his emotions as willingly as he could. Then spoke informatively to Ji Yong as he gently placed his hand over Ji Yong’s shoulder.

“Now it’s your turn to make it up for So Hee…show her…how much you really care about her…how you feel about her.”

After Seung Hyun’s response there was only silence. Could he be…Ji Yong was out unconscious? Seung Hyun shook Ji Yong enough to try to wake him up. But he just wouldn’t nudge. Seung Hyun shook his head as he lets out a sigh shutting his now tired lids.

Suddenly there was nothing Seung Hyun could do. A thought came to him. it was the only chance that will probably turn things around. Seung Hyun grabbed his phone and dialed the number whom was his only chance.

Seung Hyun patiently waited over the ringing line praying that someone would answer…and his prayers were answered right then and there.

“Hey…um…it’s me Seung Hyun…I…need your help…please come as soon as possible.”

----- ----- -----
okay…did you enjoy it much…
well I hope so…please leave your lovely comments and thoughts…
thank you for reading..
more still to come…