Chapter 20: Smooth Break Up

Call Me, Text Me
so i see that you readers are really urging for me to update...i'm sorry i haven't updated...but i've been very busy...but i'm still trying by best to update as well...
but anyways...thanks for keeping up with me...and dealing with my lack to this story...but it's coming to a finish

again thank you...
and do enjoy the chapter.!! ^_^
please excuse any spelling mistake and typos..
---------------

Chapter 20: Smooth Break Up

So Hee sat on the expensive ligneous seat. She felt nervous at the fact Seung Hyun would bring them to dinner at such an expensive restaurant. So Hee lifted her head slightly staring at Seung Hyun where he was looking at the menu.

Seung Hyun lifts his head and smiled to his cute little angel.

“Aren’t you going to order,” he asked contently with his low voice.

So Hee wasn’t sure if she wanted to eat at this restaurant. She didn’t feel much like eating. But instead of saying how she felt she nodded her head and ordered something from the menu.

Seung Hyun formed a slight crease at the corner of this mouth as he stared to So Hee. He noticed that she acted timid lately.

The couple ate with each other while the people around them whispered and stared. The people recognized So Hee. This might be an elegant restaurant but So Hee eating here might only make it more than elegant.

Then Seung Hyun started, “So how was your day?”

So Hee looked up to Seung Hyun with her fork still in place of . She slowly takes the fork out and grabs her drink to take a sip.

“Well…guess who I saw today,” So Hee asked as Seung Hyun waited for her to answer her own question.

She pressed her lips in and spoke timidly.

“I saw…Yoo Bin today…and I’m going to be her…well…maid of honor.”

After she finished her statement, Seung Hyun wore and are-you-serious expression. So Hee nodded her head then ate some more of her dinner.

Seung Hyun was in total shock. So Hee could see it without even looking at him. He just couldn’t believe it. Out of all days So Hee had to meet Yoo Bin and just had to be her maid of honor. Seung Hyun’s plan was going to be delayed. He sighs over his thoughts not noticing So Hee was now misunderstanding him. She thinks he doesn’t want her to be Yoo Bin’s maid of honor.

Seung Hyun looks over to So Hee and saw her sad eyes.

“What’s wrong,” he asked as he shot out towards So Hee.

So Hee replies with much question in her phrase, “You don’t want me to be Yoo Bin’s maid of honor.”

Seung Hyun was really showing too much emotion in front of So Hee. He smiled and shook his head.

“Why would you think that,” he replies with a chuckle then continued, “you’re going to be a magnificent maid of honor.”

So Hee felt relieved, she thought Seung Hyun wasn’t going to let her be maid of honor.

“So…who’s the lucky guy,” Seung Hyun asked.

So Hee slowly gave off a confused expression. What does he mean “lucky guy.”

Seung Hyun raised his brows and asked again with much detail.

“Well…it’s been so long since the two of you seen each other and…well..she must have spoken to you about…him?”

So Hee wasn’t sure what Seung Hyun was talking about.

“What do you mean lucky guy,” So Hee asked with eyes that was slightly expressing pain.

Seung Hyun fidgets in his seat and understood, his girlfriend didn’t know anything. He understood now, Yoo Bin never contacted his girl, So Hee, not once, till now.

So Hee was waiting for an answer but suddenly was interrupted by her cell phone. She looked at her phone and it was from an unknown person. It could be Yoo Bin’s new number she thought. Seung Hyun saw that this conversation was over; So Hee was going to answer the call.

“Hello,” So Hee answered.

She waited for a reply but nothing came back at her then she answered again, “Hello…Yoo Bin is it you?”

Again there was no reply, then an awkward and uneasy feeling crept up her spine. She couldn’t believe she had this feeling but in her heart, mind, and soul, she felt that the person over her phone was not Yoo Bin but her ex-best friend. Ji Yong.

Seung Hyun was watching So Hee and began noticing something was going on. Seung Hyun reached his hand over for So Hee to give him the phone. So Hee looked at Seung Hyun then answered one last time.

“Yo-Sohee-yo?” (coming from Yobosaeyo)

Then suddenly the phone hung up. So Hee slowly pulls her phone away from her ear and slid her phone shut. She would only use this greeting over the phone when it was Ji Yong calling her. Ji Yong on the other hand had a greeting that relates to her but it’s slightly different.

That was the end of Seung Hyun and So Hee’s dinner that night. Seung Hyun drove towards home supposedly and thought to himself, why on why is it like this. He should of told So Hee about Yoo Bin but how. And So Hee though within herself too, over the phone call issue. She wanted to deny everything but couldn’t anymore, that weird connection over the other line was too much of an answer already. Both So Hee and Seung Hyun stayed silent until they reached the apartment.

-----

as they both walked in the doorway Seung Hyun broke the silence.

“Okay then…so what was up with that phone call at dinner?”

So Hee felt a shot of rush up her spine. Why does he have to ask, So Hee thought within herself. She can’t do this to Seung Hyun. She looked at Seung Hyun but shrugs an I-don’t-know look. Seung Hyun sighs and had second thoughts. He had gut feelings that she knew who it was all along.

“Well then I’m going to take a shower then,” Seung Hyun replies with a yawn.

He takes his jacket off and places it on the couch and headed to the bedroom.

So Hee walks to the living room and takes her jacket off as well laying it on top of Seung Hyun’s. She lied back against the couch lazily with her eyes closed. Suddenly Seung Hyun’s cell phone rings within his jacket. So Hee lazily dug into his pockets still with her eyes closed. When she reached his she pulled it out and peered at the phones display screen.

Her eyes couldn’t believe it, she thought it must be her phone but it wasn’t. So Hee stared at the screen again and it really is true, Seung Hyun had this person’s phone number. It was Yoo Bin calling. So Hee didn’t know how to feel. She didn’t want to misunderstand.

Both Seung Hyun and So Hee have been going out for a year now, living together at the same apartment because they both took care of So Hee’s business. Seung Hyun’s phone stopped ringing and a voicemail was left displayed on the phone’s screen. So Hee had the urge to look through Seung Hyun’s phone but it seemed as if she would be invading through his things.

This time it would be for a good cause So Hee thought. She flipped the phone open and pressed the call button to display all calls. As she went through the contact list she saw that Yoo Bin had made many calls to Seung Hyun. So Hee couldn’t believe it. Why would Yoo Bin and Seung Hyun be talking to each other behind her back? Yoo Bin never even called So Hee or wrote her a letter since the day she left. So Hee stared at the display screen and she didn’t feel jealous but angry by the fact.

Then Seung Hyun walks into the living room and walked up behind So Hee to give her a small peck on her cheek. To her surprise she jolted up off the couch and saw Seung Hyun with a concerned look.

“What’s wrong, did I scare you,” he asked.

So Hee didn’t say a word and threw his phone on the couch. Seung Hyun had never seen her with such rage. He looked at the couch and saw his phone. He sighed harshly closing his eyes with his hands gripping the couch. So Hee took her jacket and slithered her arms into her jacket then started to the door.

“I can explain,” Seung Hyun stated.

“Then tell me,” So Hee blurted back at him as she turned to face him, “why you and Yoo Bin are secretly talking behind my back!”

Seung Hyun’s expression changed, his eyes sad and his lips slightly apart as if he was going to speak, but nothing came to his lips.

So Hee stared back at him still with anger in her eyes. She shook her head and turned back ahead towards the door and grabbed her bag.

“I assumed she would’ve told you we were talking,” Seung Hyun spoke urgently.

So Hee turned to face Seung Hyun and he still had those sad eyes. She was still angry but couldn’t bear to see him like this. It didn’t suit him and what lies was he making up to cover his sorry ?

“But she didn’t, and you knew she was getting married, but…you act as if you don’t know who the man she’s marrying,” So Hee says with eyes wanting answers.

Seung Hyun saw that So Hee didn’t know, he knew and understood So Hee still thinks Yoo Bin was marrying Ji Yong, the man that took So Hee’s heart unwillingly and wanted him to return those feelings she had for him.

“I love you So Hee…with all my heart…and I’ve been waiting for you for a year now. I know it’s not long but I just thought that without him interrupting our relationship…we would be living a happily-ever-after ending,” Seung Hyun says with much effort holding back his emotions.

So Hee didn’t understand what Seung Hyun was trying to pull but she saw so much truth in his words and expressions.

“Yoo Bin is not marrying Ji Yong…they left each other a year ago…and…” Seung Hyun says as he walks up to So Hee and softly places his hands on her arms, “please try to understand…I didn’t tell you because I was afraid that I’d lose you.”

So Hee looked up to sung Hyun and saw he was really telling the truth. Her heart felt empty and heavy from everything. So Hee’s eyes were filled with tears and Seung Hyun saw the reason behind it all, So Hee couldn’t let go of Ji Yong, that’s why he couldn’t get through to her. As her tears fell from her eyes Seung Hyun gently wiped them.

So Hee closed her eyes slowly letting all the tears seep out from the corner of her lids. How could she be doing this to Seung Hyun, telling herself that she loved Seung Hyun but couldn’t accept him in from all those months they’ve been with each other. Now she was starting to put him in her shoes when she never got to be accepted into Ji Yong’s heart.

“I don’t like seeing you like this,” Seung Hyun says almost whispering, “I know I’m being selfish…I know you’ll never let me in your heart…I’m sorry…to break it to you but Ji Yong is in America, he left that past year as well.”

So it’s really over then. So Hee thought within herself. Seung Hyun pulls So Hee close to him and gently embraces her, then pulls her back and sweetly plants a kiss on her forehead and pulls himself off from her.

Seung Hyun was now having running tears from his eyes. So Hee with much kindness gently wiped them away from his face.

“I love you…So Hee…very much…which is why I have to let you go...I want you to be happy…I wanted to be the replacement of Ji Yong but I never competed to him,” Seung Hyun says with a hoarse tone.

He lets So Hee go from the arms and walks to the couch and sat down. This was it, Seung Hyun called it offs, they were officially not together anymore. So Hee didn’t know what to do but stood in front of the doorway, sad with tears streaming down from her eyes. Her heart already so broken from the fact she never really loved Seung Hyun. As she looked at Seung Hyun one last time she managed to say some things.

“I’m very sorry Seung Hyun…but…I thank you for all your kindness and your love…I know you’ll find your special someone one day…”

and so that was it, So Hee went out the door and left Seung Hyun alone sitting on the couch. He dug into his pant pocket and pulled out a small suede box. He opened the top portion of the box and stared at the tiny jewelry. Seung Hyun shuts the small box closed and placed it on top the coffee table. He was now going to return that wedding ring he got for So Hee somehow, he sighed over the thought and laid back onto the couch letting it all go, everything he held from tonight.

---------------
okay
so how was it...i hope you like...i'm really trying here...
thanks for reading...

do leave comments...please...