Was it Fun?

Put Two and Two Together — A Oneshot Collection Featuring SeKai

    

WAS IT FUN?
PG-13 / 1394 words / crack it is essentially plotless, tbvh / Chanyeol and Jongdae are s for bringing Jongin to the amusement park.

Go on a date with me.

“Wow, you are-“

“Such a bore. We already know that, Jongdae.” Jongin throws a glare at the two males in front of him as he jams his hands inside his pockets, trying not to get his hands around their necks BECAUSE THEY ING DESERVED IT AND BECAUSE THEY’RE S FOR BRING ME IN THIS AMUSEMENT PARK-

“I don’t want to get on the rollercoaster ride.” Jongin states with finality and firmness, hoping he can get Chanyeol and Jongdae to reconsider their decision.

“And why is that?” Jongin gives them an incredulous expression and he narrows his eyes into slits, attempting to throw another menacing glare at the two idiotic males (read: Park Chanyeol and Kim Jongdae).

“That’s a ing scary ride – do you know I can get killed just by riding that? Oh my god, I’m not yet ready to die – I still have to perform on a stage with 12 members and our group will be named EXO and we will be famous and no, you both are not included because you are s.”

“Wow, Jongin – you have been repeating that and I still wonder why I get hurt by hearing that.” Jongdae releases a laugh that sounds like a whale dying and it just made Jongin’s ears ache.

“WE’LL BE MORE FAMOUS THAN YOU, KIM JONGIN. WE’LL BE THE MAIN VOCALISTS OF THE GROUP-“

“You doesn’t even sing, what the .”

“Shut up, Jongin. I made more girls faint just by singing one line of a song, Jongin. ONE LINE, I TELL YOU.” Chanyeol passionately declares the last sentence as he repeatedly pokes Jongin in the ribs, making the tanned male release a fit of laughter against his will.

“Yeah well, I’ll be a god by just ing my hips. I can make the ovaries of girls burst in a single smirk!”

“Oh my god, you three. Just shut the up or else, I’ll throw all of you in the ride without seatbelts. Without. Seat. Belts.” Jongin turns his head towards the intruder that’s disrupting their (useless) conversation.

(Jongin will never admit that this kind of conversation is useless because duh, they’re talking about his dream.)

“Baekhyun, my baby!” Chanyeol giggles as he wraps his arms around the shorter male, who has a scowl imprinted on his face as he tries to hit Chanyeol on the back, hoping he can get the giant away from him.

“You work here?”

“OH NO, JONGIN. I JUST HAPPEN TO STEAL ONE OF THE STAFF’S UNIFORMS AND FORCE PEOPLE TO RIDE THIS AND ENJOY THE SHEER LOOK OF TERROR ON THEIR FACES.”

“Uh, no offense but I think that’s actually a possibility.” Baekhyun manages to get the clingy Chanyeol off his back as he throws a glare at the taller tanned male, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Look, just shut up and pretend that you didn’t see me here. Or else, you won’t get your birthday present.”

“You’re working here so you can give me a present? Aw, that’s so sweet of you-“

“No , Sherlock. Now, just shut up and hand me your tickets.” Chanyeol hands him the three tickets, plus a matching kiss on the cheek, making Baekhyun’s scowl disappear and his whole face flusters as he pushes the three towards the ride.

Oh my god, this is it. Goodbye life, I’ll miss you, even though all you did is me up for the past 17 years.

“Relax, it’s not like you’re dying, Jongin.” Jongdae tries to reassure the younger but Jongin freezes just before the empty seat, which is beside Chanyeol, who has an impatient look painted on his derpy face.

"Wow, okay. FYI, Jongin - we're not holding your funeral so just ride this and get over it." Chanyeol tries to make a move by grabbing onto Jongin's arm but Jongin backs away.

"No."

"What?"

"N-No."

"BAEKHYUN!"

"I'M BUSY, YOU IDIOTS. WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Baekhyun shouts from inside the booth, a scowl on his face as he faces the trio.

"JONGIN IS BEING A BABY."

"HE WON'T RIDE THE ROLLERCOASTER. TELL HIM TO HURRY UP!" Baekhyun looks like he wants to cry and wail why is my life like this?! before he finally heaves a sigh of tiredness.

"Oh Sehun!" A brown-haired male jogs towards Baekhyun with a smile curled up on his thin lips as Baekhyun leans in to whisper something. Sehun hesitantly nods his head in response before walking towards the still froze up tanned male beside the rollercoaster ride.

"Jongin, isn't it?" Jongin almost jumps in his spot when he feels a warm hand on his shoulder, giving him a comfortable squeeze as he turns his head, only to sets his eyes on the most handsome person he has ever seen in his whole ed up life.

, why the hell is he so handsome?

"Y-Yeah." His voice cracks in response and Jongin's torn between wanting to jump inside the ride to hide himself from embarrassment or continue to stand, even if he's embarrassed because THERE IS NO ING WAY I'M GETTING ON THAT RIDE.

Sehun lets a chuckle slip past his lips as he sticks his hand inside his pocket before letting his fingers wrap around a certain object. He opens Jongin's palm and gently lays a piece of candy on top of it.

What.

What the  

"What-"

"It's something for you to calm down," Sehun starts as he coax Jongin to sit inside the ride and surprisingly, Jongin dazedly takes a seat beside Chanyeol, who looks quite amused and shocked, at the same time. Sehun flashes him another grin, leaning over to adjust Jongin's seatbelt.

Jongin seems to snap back to reality when he feels Sehun accidentally slender fingertips brush against his hipbone as he tries to grab onto the seatbelt.

'OH MY GOD, ARE YOU GOING TO ME? I KNEW IT - YOUR PRETTY FACE SHOULDN'T BE TRUSTED AT ALL AND HERE I AM, SITTING IN THE LAST RIDE OF MY LIFE BECAUSE I CAN SEE DEATH COMING TO ME RIGHT NOW-" Sehun blandly ignores what Jongin is randomly sputtering about as he turns to Chanyeol, who's trying to shrink in his seat because Jongin is forever hella embarrassing.

"Is he... normally like this?" Sehun drops his voice into a whisper whilst trying to ignore the way Jongin is squirming and thrashing around his seat as he adjusts his seatbelt, his eyes steady on Chanyeol. Jongdae releases a dying whale noise laugh as he slaps his knee repeatedly, almost hitting Chanyeol on the face while flailing his arms everywhere. 

"I guess I'll be taking that as a yes." Sehun chortles as he finally removes his fingers from the seatbelt; Jongin quickly jumping into action by making pitiful puppy noises, hoping he'll be able to get the brown-haired male's sympathy. All he gets is a shake of Sehun's head and another laugh managing to slip its way out of his lips. 

"I honestly thought you're an angel BUT YOU'RE JUST LIKE THOSE PRETTY FLOWER BOYS WHO ARE EVIL INSIDE."

"Tsk, just relax. It'll be a fun ride."

"YOU'RE SUCH A LIAR, OH MY GOD. GET ME OUT OF HERE." Sehun lets a sigh escape his lips as he leans forward, invading Jongin's personal space. Jongin's eyes widens slightly and his grip on his seat is so hard that his knuckles are turning white already. 

"I'll do anything if you stop thrashing around and stay still until the ride ends." Jongin goes still for a moment, contemplating the offer given to him when the ride slowly starts to move, Jongin quickly darts his eyes towards Sehun and he tries to loosen his grip on the seat.

"Go on a date with me- I mean, let's hang out?" Jongin says it as fast as he can when he feels the speed of the rollercoaster accelerating, trying to tune out Jongdae and Chanyeol's laughter echoing in his ears. Sehun flashes him an easy smile, lips turned upwards as he quietly nods his head.

"Okay. Just as long as you'll pay."

"Oka- OH MY GOD. I'M NOT YET READY. WHY DID I EVEN AGREE TO THIS-"

Sehun shakes his head as he leans against the railing, a smile evident on his face.

At least, Kim Jongin is cute.

x

"Was the rollercoaster ride fun, Jongin?"

"Shut the up, Sehun."


 author's notes
↳ awkward!kai is one of my fav orites because i totally can imagine him like this lol c: