Let Me Give You a Ride to Eternity

Put Two and Two Together — A Oneshot Collection Featuring SeKai

    

LET ME GIVE YOU A RIDE TO ETERNITY
PG13 / 3217 words / romance, 90% fluff, 10% angst / “GET BACK HERE, YOU . I HAVE A WEDDING IN SEVEN HOURS!”
                  dedicating this to all my readers! also, dedicating this to luna (for spamming me with sekai pics lol) ehe c:

Jongin, stop being so cheesy. Thanks.

It's exactly 2:15 AM in the morning – eight hours and 45 minutes before his wedding starts and he should be getting his beauty rest but a stupid er named Kim Jongin is currently serenading random songs under his window, his deep velvety voice cracking ever so slightly as he attempts to belt out his own rendition of a Taylor Swift song that he can't remember the name of.

(Okay, he does know that Jongin is singing Bad Blood right now because he knows the lyrics of that song by heart but he won't admit to himself that he loves Taylor Swift.)

But he does know is that if Jongin doesn't stop singing (screaming?) right now, his dad will probably wake up soon and walk over to his window before screaming at Jongin to, "Shut the up before I throw a beer bottle at you." (Yes, he always says those exact words to Jongin whenever he attempts to serenade Sehun at night. And that happens almost every single night.)

He groggily gets out of his bed, his hair is in a fine mess and there may be dried drool at the side of his lips but he's not completely sure. He struts over to his window, opens the window with a slam before directing his attention to the 22 year old boy singing another song, which is probably Love Me Like You Do. His voice is cracking again but for some reason, he finds it absolutely adorable.

"What the hell are you doing?" Sehun tries to whisper-shout his question to the boy but Jongin is too busy belting out the song, emotionally singing every line of it. Sehun's next step to resort to throwing his shoe at the blond boy all the way from his second-floor bedroom and he succeeds because it hits Jongin straight at the head and he hears Jongin screaming lines of swear words at him. Well, screw him.

"I asked you, what the hell are you doing?"

"I'M HERE TO TAKE YOU OUT ON A DATE, M'LADY!" Jongin, being born with microphone probably lunged in his throat, screams excitedly as he kicks away the show thrown at him a while ago. Sehun visibly cringes at the volume of Jongin's voice and he prays to the stars that Jongin wouldn’t wake up his parents because if that means, he’s going to die and he doesn’t want to die before his wedding. No, not at all.

“First of all,” Sehun grits his teeth and leans out of the window but not far enough that he’ll fall straight to the front lawn. His face is too pretty to be ruined right on his wedding day, to be honest.

“I’m a guy, just in case you didn’t know. And second, I have a wedding to attend in eight hours so I don’t have time for your bull–"

“More reasons to take you out on a date!”

“KIM JONGIN, I ING SWEAR–"

Jongin has that -eating grin on his face before his expression turns 180 degrees as he lowers his head and made his eyes larger as a pout makes its way on his lips.

"Please, Oh Sehun! It's just for a few hours and I'll bring you back to your house in no time!"

"No."

"Please?"

"What part did you find it difficult to understand? Is it the N or the O?"

"Please." Jongin whimpers like a kicked puppy and Sehun could practically feel his heart in his throat and he finds it increasingly difficult to direct his eyes somewhere else because he always has a soft spot for Jongin's puppy look.

But he won't fail this time.

Not, not at all.


"YOU PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT, KIM ING JONGIN-"

"Too late," Jongin singsongs as he hurriedly carries Sehun to his car but he makes sure to greet Sehun's parents before stepping out.

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Oh! I'll have your son back in no time!"

Sehun's dad only rolls his eyes in response while Sehun's mom lets out a hearty chuckle as she tells them to stay careful.

"THIS IS KIDNAPPING AT 3 IN THE MORNING!"

"Not really because you know me and I have your parents' consent, anyway." Jongin lopsidedly grins at him and Sehun finds himself staring at him a bit longer than usual, still mesmerized by his best friend's smile after all this time.

"Whoa, I know I'm handsome and all but no need to openly gawk at me like that, Oh Sehun."

"I-I wasn't staring!"

"Oh sure." Jongin drops his smile as a smirk finds its way on his lips, replacing the innocent look he has a while ago.

Bastard.

"I hate you."

"Nah, you love me." Jongin smugly replies as he gently puts Sehun on the passenger seat before slamming the door shut, jogging over to the driver's seat. Sehun tries to escape but Jongin's reflexes are swifter because he is able to lock the doors in no time upon arriving at the driver's seat.

"Get me out of here! I have a wedding in seven hours!"

"Sorry but no can do, princess. Just relax." Sehun throws him a suspicious glare as he watches Jongin start up the car.

"Where are we going?"

The reply that fell from Jongin's lips sent him into a state of shock and anticipation.

"We're going on an adventure."


"Mcdonald's."

"What?"

"Mcdonald's." Sehun repeats as he leans his back against the leather seat, staring back at the gigantic sign of Mcdonald’s staring back at him.

“You said that we’re going on an ‘adventure’ but why the did you drag my out of my own house IN THREE IN THE MORNING JUST TO GET FOOD AT THE MCDONALD’S?!”

“Uh, I was hungry.” Jongin sheepishly grins at his direction as he steps out of the car and hurriedly steps inside the fast food chain, refusing to answer Sehun’s complaints of, “GET BACK HERE, YOU . I HAVE A WEDDING IN SEVEN HOURS!”


“I swear, you’ll love this.”

“BUT–”

“NICE TO MEET YOU, WHERE YOU BEEN–”

“JONGIN–”

“I COULD SHOW YOU INCREDIBLE THINGS.”

“STOP–”

 “MAGIC, MADNESS, HEAVEN, SIN – oh wait, we’re here!” Sehun almost breathes a sigh of relief as Jongin halts the car, the French fries he was eating before accidentally spilling onto the floor.

Keyword: Almost.

He squints his eyes in the darkness and his heart drops to his stomach when he realizes that Jongin had brought him to the forest. The ing forest where they first met, where Sehun was a bawling his eyes because being an idiotic kid, he decided that he’d challenge Chanyeol, one of his closest friends, to a tree climbing contest. Cue him falling straight to the ground at the first branch that he stepped on.

Chanyeol is no better (Though he did win but Sehun is a bitter loser and he won’t admit to that certain fact) because once he saw Sehun in pain, he ran out of the forest, calling out to Sehun that he’ll get an adult to help them (BUT THAT STUPID ER DIDN’T COME BACK AT ALL).

Anyway, in fortunate circumstances, Jongin happened to stumble inside the forest and found Sehun whining and crying because his ankle hurts like a . Jongin managed to bring Sehun out of the forest and that made the mark of the start of their beautiful (not really) friendship.

“Oh my god, why did you bring me here? WHAT IF THERE’S A KILLER IN THERE–”

 “You read too much crime books, Sehun. Shut up and be a man.”

“If I die, I’m going to drag you to hell.”

 “It’s fine since I’ll be with you, anyway.” Jongin sends a flirtatious wink at Sehun’s direction and the latter could feel his cheeks heat up in embarrassment as he watches Jongin stumble out of the car, immediately walking out of the car as well because the rule number one in those articles he read (6 TIPS ON HOW NOT TO BE KILLED LIKE THOSE IDIOTS IN A HORROR MOVIE! YOU WON’T BELIEVE WHAT’S ON NUMBER 3!) is that he should stick with someone as much as possible.

 “Come on, princess!”

 “Stop calling me that, damn it.” Sehun grits his teeth as he swiftly sticks to Jongin’s side as the older boy lets his arm wrap itself around the pale boy’s waist, pulling him closer as they travel inside the forest. Jongin shakes his head in response to Sehun’s retort as he guides Sehun in the forest. It may have been around 3:30 AM but Sehun is not completely sure because he got too distracted of the French fries that Jongin got for him.

 They walk for around 100 meters when Jongin halts abruptly, producing a handkerchief from his pocket and hands it to Sehun with that heart-stopping smile that can make anyone, including Sehun, weak to the knees.

 “OH, HELL NO.”

 “Please?”

 “ANYTHING BUT THAT. I WON’T WEAR THAT AROUND MY EYES, YOU IDIOT.” Jongin exasperatedly sighs before tucking the handkerchief back to his pocket where he retrieved it. Sehun almost lets out a sigh of relief when Jongin rapidly covers his eyes with his hands, blocking his line of sight.

 “WHAT THE HELL–”

 “Oh, come on! Don’t be such a party pooper!” Jongin lets out a deep laugh, the kind of laugh that makes Sehun’s stomach flip in different directions. Damn, he hates himself to the max. He lets out a breath of defeat before he hears Jongin cheering silently behind him (what a dork) before they start to move again. Sehun is shaking with fright because oh my god, what if I trip and hit my head on a rock and die? Or what if a killer suddenly comes in and kill us? OR WHAT IF I SUDDENLY GET EATEN BY A DEER–

 “We’re here!” Thankfully, Sehun didn’t blurt out everything that he was thinking of (which is actually a habit of his and if Jongin ever hear his thoughts, he will never let Sehun live it down because he’s an ) and Jongin takes his hands off from Sehun’s eyes.

Sehun feels his breath catch in his throat because holy , standing before him is the old treehouse that Jongin and Sehun grew up in. It supposedly look old and decrepit but Jongin managed to renovate it, turning into a colorful place, looking extremely outstanding when compared to the dull trees surrounding it.

 “Jongin, you .”

 “Ouch, I thought I’ll get at least a ‘thank you’ but since you’re my best friend, I’ll accept that as a compliment.” Jongin snickers as he wraps an arm around Sehun’s waist, excitedly pulling him inside the treehouse. They both hastily climb up and Sehun tries not to fall back to the ground when he sees the candles littering the ground and the beanbags set in the middle with chips surrounding it.

 “Oh my god, Jongin, I hate you so much.”

 “Thanks. I hate you too!” Jongin cheekily replies and Sehun ignores the slight sarcasm in his voice as he settles on one of the beanbags with Jongin following suit.

“When did you even prepare all this?!”

“Oh, you know, when you were busy spending your time with Luhan.” There’s an obvious hint of jealousy in his tone of voice and Sehun finds his smile faltering a bit but he tries to keep the teasing tone in his voice.

“Hey, even though I spend a lot of time with him, you know that you’re still the one in here, right?” Sehun points at his chest and Jongin makes a gagging sound, rolling his eyes. Sehun makes sure to shove one of the chip bags to the older boy’s face.

“Ew, you’re so cheesy.” Jongin jokes as he throws back the chips to Sehun’s lap.

Sehun attempts to roll his eyes at the elder boy's failed attempt to throw the chips since it lands on the floor and some of the chips fell onto the ground, cracking into pieces.

"Loser."

"Shut up."

A comfortable silence settles between them and for the first time since he was engaged, he feels rather relaxed as the pressure of making the wedding - his wedding, in fact - as perfect as possible. There are times that Sehun really is thankful that Jongin got his back since they were kids, up to the present.

"I can't believe it."

"That what?" Jongin takes a look at the bewildered look plastered on the pale boy's face and he finds himself getting harder to breathe because of the beauty in front of him.

"That I'm getting married." Sehun sinks down his teeth onto his lower lip as he leans back on the beanbag.

"I'm getting married."

"Yeah, I know."

"What the ."

"Same."

"Jongin, you'll be there, right?" Sehun abruptly questions him, catching the blond male in surprise. Jongin blinks for a few times before his features soften.

"Of course I will." He didn't add anything though he had so many words hanging on the tip of his tongue. But it's alright since he knows Sehun can catch up with his simple responses like that.

"Okay." Sehun softly replies, finally relaxing.

"Okay." Jongin repeats and he wrinkles his nose adorably before copying Sehun's actions, relaxing his stiff body.

"Just in case you back out on the wedding because you're afraid that your soon-to-be husband wouldn't love you," Jongin speaks up swiftly, fumbling for the right words to say so he can give any reassurance to his best friend.

"Remember that anyone would be so lucky to own you. And I have to say, your husband is one lucky guy. Anyone would think that he's stupid for letting go of someone as lovely as you."

"Idiot."

"Wow, thanks." Sehun stifles a laugh before finally standing up from the beanbag, walking over to Jongin's spot and engulfing him in a tight hug. This definitely caught Jongin by surprise but he lets himself melt in Sehun's embrace.

"Thank you, Jongin." Little does Sehun know, Jongin has that soft smile on his lips as he wraps his arms around the lanky frame belonging to the pale boy.

"No problem, Sehun."


"ARE YOU READY, OH SEHUN?!" Baekhyun, together with his talkative mouth and his stupid boyfriend, Park Chanyeol, struts inside the dressing room, making Sehun let out an (un)manly yelp. Baekhyun rolls his eyes before walking over to the stressed pale male in front of him and fixes his tie hurriedly.

"Hey, don't you worry! He'll be there." Chanyeol tries to reassure his childhood friend but Sehun is still paranoid as ever.

"But what if he runs away? What if he decides that he doesn't love me? What if-"

"Damn it, Sehun. Stop watching too many dramas, I swear. I'm going to smack Luhan's head because he keeps on letting you watch those stupid dramas."

"Excuse me but those dramas are not stupid!" Sehun cries out loud and Baekhyun slaps the back of his head before rolling his eyes once more.

"Oh, shut up. The wedding is in an hour. The car is outside so let's go."

"BUT-"

"LET'S GO, OH SEHUN!"


"What do mean that he's not here yet?!" Sehun isn't supposed to hear Baekhyun shouting behind the closed door in the car but he can clearly hear it, plus he can see the exaggerated hand gestures made by the brunette. Sehun's heart is pounding rapidly in his chest as he gets out of the car, hurrying towards the frustrated Baekhyun and Chanyeol trying his best to calm him down.

It is five minutes until his wedding starts and seeing Baekhyun so distraught like that, he can feel his stomach sinking to the ground in doom. He's afraid but he doesn't question anyone because he knows that his husband is going to be here. He knows that but there's still the fear and doubt that he'll leave the pale boy and he wouldn't be able to accept that. Baekhyun steps inside the church with Chanyeol following behind as Sehun takes his place.

The wedding bells start to ring as the sweet wedding song echoes in the Church, giving Sehun a sense of happiness. But even though his dad is beside him, trying to reassure him that everything will go smoothly, he can feel his knees shaking in nervousness.

It's finally their turn to step inside the church and the first thing that Sehun does is to lock eyes with the altar, hoping that he'll see a fine mess of blond hair. He does see it and his heart jumps to his throat, anticipating the handsome look on his husband's face but no.

No.

Why is Luhan the only person there? Where is Jongin?

He almost halted, he almost dropped to his knees, he almost cried, if not for the fast pacing of the shoes following behind him.

"I'm sorry if I'm late!" That familiar deep and velvety voice belonging to the male that Sehun loves the most made Sehun turn around swiftly, almost hitting his dad beside him.

Jongin's chest is heaving as he tries to catch his breath. His blond hair is a bit messy but he still looks incredibly handsome (which is quite unfair, in all honesty).

"I'm sorry if I'm late." Jongin repeats, bowing 90 degrees at the guests before he spots Sehun gawking at him. He smiles slightly and even before he can lift his foot so he can step forward, the younger male beats him to it as he rushes forward, attacking the blond male with a bear hug.

"Oh my god, I thought you would leave me!"

"Why would I leave my beautiful husband on our wedding day? Besides, " Jongin smiles softly at the younger boy before pressing a kiss on top of his head, his hair comfortingly, "Didn't I tell you that anyone would be lucky to have you? Well, I'll be the biggest idiot in the whole world if I leave you."

"Idiot."

"I'm your idiot."

"Ew, you're so cheesy." Sehun repeats Jongin's words back at the treehouse and Jongin releases a low laugh in return.

"Who would have thought that Jongin would be late to his own wedding?" Luhan and Baekhyun snort as Baekhyun approaches the couple, slapping the back of Jongin's head for punishment.

"Ouch!"

"You deserve it, . I would kick you right now for hurting my precious childhood best friend but I'll do that later." Luhan nonchalantly shrugs before jabbing Jongin at the side, the latter wincing in pain because of the hit. Sehun watches them with teary eyes and he wraps his arms around Jongin's frame once more.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you." Sehun repeats over and over again and Jongin lets himself indulge in Sehun's sweet words.

"I love you too, princess. I'm sorry if I made you worry." He lovingly presses another kiss on top of the younger boy's head before pecking his lips once.

"Are you ready to spend a lifetime with me, Oh Sehun?"

"I'm ready, ."

Jongin laughs softly before pecking Sehun's lips once more.

"You won't regret it?" Sehun's lips turn upwards into a beautiful smile and his reply makes Jongin love him even more.

"Never."


 author's notes
↳ I'M BACK AFTER TWO MONTHS OF HIATUS (A.K.A BEING LAZY AND UNMOTIVATED) AND I THINK THIS IS THE MOST DECENT ONESHOT I'VE WRITTEN DURING THOSE TWO MONTHS ISTG. i was supposed to write angsty sekai BUT nvm. anyway, i hope you guys still support me and my lazy (i'm sorry omfg). if you follow me on twitter, you can see how much i was suffering during those two months AHAHAHA- /dies tbh. i hope you enjoyed this update tho!

p.s: if you guys follow me on twitter, tweet me so i can follow back! :'D {twitter | ask.fm}
p.p.s: ily all!