One Coffee, One Song

Put Two and Two Together — A Oneshot Collection Featuring SeKai

    

ONE COFFEE, ONE SONG
PG-13 / 1040 words / crack / Jongin is an awkward turtle who's trying to impress Sehun and Baekhyun is the unsupportive best friend and is an .

I'm so awkward, I'm sorry. #FML

“, , .”

“Jongin, isn’t it too early to curse-“

“, HE’S LOOKING AT US, BAEK. WHAT SHOULD WE DO?!”

Baekhyun sighs, the urge to punch Jongin is so strong but seeing how distressed Jongin is right now, he pities him.

Well, kind of.

Okay, not really.

“Oh my god, shut up.” Jongin whines, dropping to his knees as he hugs Baekhyun’s legs whilst shooting a pitiful look at the elder, hoping he can get his sympathy. But all he gets is a blank look and a scoff slipping past the shorter male.

Bastard.

“YOU’RE THE WORST BEST FRIEND-“

“That you ever had but you love me so much, I know that already. Stop it, you’re making me blush.” Baekhyun flashes a playful grin and Jongin rises to his full height, a pout forming on his lips. He darts his eyes over to the brown-haired male sitting by the window seat and resists the urge to just sigh dreamily because why the hell is he so perfect? Is he a Greek god or something near that-

“Jongin, as much as I want to see you in this horrible state, I don’t really have time for you to whine over your misery about why you’re stuck with me, which is such an offending thing to hear from my precious best friend-“

“You’re not my best friend.” Baekhyun throws him a glare and chucks an empty Starbucks cup at his direction.

“Anyway, I don’t want to see you acting like a middle school girl who’s desperate for her precious crush to ask her out. I would rather have you going out there and score a date with that Sehan dude-“

“It’s Sehun,”

“Yeah, I don’t really care. Just go out there and woo him.”

“But-“ Before Jongin can finish the sentence, he gets pushed out of the counter (literally) and he stumbles, falling on the floor, face first. He desperately flails his arms but he still ends up kissing the concrete floor. He can hear the horrible laughter emitted by Byun Baekass.

Stupid best friend.

Well, on the bright side, at least Oh Sehun Jongin’s crush didn’t see hi-

“OH .”

Well, there goes his luck. He can see how Sehun is raising an eyebrow at him with interest, a smile playing on his thin pair.

“Did you mean Oh Sehun?” Baekhyun snickers and Jongin throws him a dirty look, quickly picking himself up and acting as if nothing happened. That he didn’t just kissed the floor and stayed there for a few seconds, wailing why is my life like this?

He awkwardly moves his away towards Sehun’s table, the flames his cheeks as he glances once more at Sehun’s half-smile.

Oh my god, this is it. I’m finally going to say hi to him.

“Hey there,” Sehun gives him a small wave and Jongin badly wants to just cry out and thank the lucky stars because OH SEHUN IS FINALLY TALKING TO ME AND I’M BREATHING THE SAME AIR AS HIM-

“H-Hey,” Jongin’s voice cracks at the start of his greeting and he wants to run back to the counter and cry over his non-existent luck.

Sehun smiles brightly and Jongin weakly mirrors it as he slides into the seat in front of Sehun.

An awkward silence hangs over them before Jongin decides to break the silence.

“Uh, I’m Kim Jongin, one of the baristas here in the shop. So we have this activity that we’ll sing one song to the customers who bought our coffee. So, I was wondering if you want me to sing to you…” Jongin’s voice trails off and when it finally strikes him about what he just uttered to the boy (possibly his crush) in front of him, he wants to run back to the counter. He doesn’t really care if Baekhyun talks his ear off for the next four hours – it’s better to deal with that, rather than the embarrassment he’s experiencing now.

“Okay.”

“What?”

“I said, okay.”

“Okay what?”

“Uh,” Sehun rubs the nape of his neck and raises a confused eyebrow at the squirming male in front of him. “I agreed to your request.”

“O-Oh, okay then. What do you want me to sing?”

“Anything. Your choice.”

CODE RED, CODE RED. I’M NOT PREPEARED FOR THIS. WHAT SHOULD I SING, DAMN IT.

“M-My Anaconda don't want n-none unless you got b-buns h-hun.”

Sehun furrows his eyebrows and Jongin lets out an internal cry when he realizes what he’s singing.

Stupid Baekhyun and his obsession with listening to Nicki Minaj’s Anaconda.

He’s thinking where he should dig his spot on the ground because he wants to die of embarrassment when he hears Sehun chuckling slightly. His eyes curve into crescent moons and he’s flashing a wide grin at the embarrassed boy sitting in front of him.

“You’re cute.” He tilts his head and flashes another heart-stopping smile.

Jongin chokes on the air he’s breathing.

What did Sehun say? He thinks Jongin is cute?

“W-What?”

“You’re cute,” Sehun halts before leaning towards the table, a smile on his lips. “And pretty interesting too.”

Jongin flashes an awkward smile and tries his best not to sink in his seat because OH SEHUN JUST COMPLIMENTED ME, OH YES. WHO’S YOUR DADDY-

“Are you free this Saturday?” Jongin finds himself asking the male and Sehun curves one of the corners of his thin pair into a smile as he nods his head affirmatively.

“Do you-“

“Want to go out with you? Yeah sure, I would like that.”

Jongin gapes at him, his hands shaking with excitement and nervousness as he blinks at Sehun.

“How about a trip to the ice skating rink?”

“Okay.” Jongin finds himself saying as he watches Sehun emit another chuckle as he stands up, his chair squeaking against the floor.

“Okay, I’ll see you on Saturday then, Jongin.” Sehun bends down to press a fleeting kiss on Jongin sun-kissed cheek before he playfully grins as he moves out of the shop.

Jongin sits there, jaw hanging at Sehun’s action.

He kissed me.

HE KISSED ME.

“BAEKHYUN,”

“What?”

“GUESS WHO SCORED A DATE WITH OH SEHUN?!”

“Uh, me?”

Jongin thinks that’s a waste of good tissue but hey, Baekhyun deserves what’s thrown at him.


 author's notes
↳ wrote this plot on my phone before. idk what happened, i'm sorry. ;;