nine

Stronger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo’s

School started as usually and now I’m in this loud class with everyone doing their own business. They were singing, laughing and even talking out loud. There’s no need for someone to talk out loud like that. I felt like I’m lost through the Amazon where animals kept on shouting here and there. I sighed, closing my eyes for a while. I tried to doze off for a while but hearing those shouting and loud whispering, I can’t. Okay, this is enough. I then shot my glared at them and surprisingly they went to silent. As I closed my again,

“Hey.” My desk mate greeted me. Jung Hoseok.

He set his backpack on his chair before plugging his ear with his earplug and does his routine in the class which is rapping and humming some songs. Well, he’s not that loud compare to the others maybe because I grew comfortable with him, I don’t know but the things is I don’t mind anything from him at all.

He then took a glance at me who was being in his ‘daydreaming’. He knocked on my table and I found him was waiting for me to come back to reality. Ha! He laughed when he saw me shaking my head a few times. I scowled and looked away.

“So, last Saturday I just got myself to clean the shop.” He laughed when he remembered how funny was yesterday. I frowned because I don’t even why he was laughing.

“What happened?” I asked sounded like I don’t even care. Well, we’re not that close though.

“There’s a girl and we kind of bickering but I think.. the word fighting is more suitable, though.” My eyes widen. How can a guy fought with a girl? Like seriously, he should be a man enough and fighting a girl is so not matured. I crossed my arm on chest, waiting for him to continue his story. He held up first and laughed again. Seriously, he was making me felt the tense of frustration already.  Gosh!

“Hoseok-ah.” He stopped as I called by his name.

“Okay, so we accidentally broke her window then we met her at the shop nearby and we started to fight all about it. All of us wet with the water we splashed to each other.”

“We?” I narrowed at his eyes and he nodded twice then his lip for moisturized it.

“Yeah, Jungkook, Taehyung and Jin hyung.” He tapped his hand on the table for making some sounds as he was listening to the music. He smiled at me then closed his eyes and the tapping became louder.

Remembering about that Jungkook boy who was really bad tempered person must have made the fought went really intense. One time I almost went into a fight just because I call him ‘bastard’ for some reason. Well, I can’t be patient enough when he purposely cut the line when all the kids need to line-up to buy food. I assumed he must have a mental problem running inside him. I looked outside while sighing. Being a high school student need a lot of patient. Sigh.

“Good morning, class.” Mr Lee came with papers on his hand. I already heard some of students, sighing heavily. They must be the Math mid-term exam papers.

I felt my face turned white and I began on sweating. I just wish I get good grades because my grades weren’t good enough before as I’m too packed with my soccer practice every Monday and Thursday. My heart began to race rapidly as Mr Lee started to call names one by one.

“Do Kyungsoo.” I hesitantly walked out, looking at the ground. I took the paper and quickly headed back to my seat where Hoseok was grinning at me. He nudged me by elbow asking about my grade. I still haven’t seen it but then it made me more nervous by just holding this paper. I carefully turned the paper and revealing my grade. My heart dropped.

Do Kyungsoo; 63/110

Hoseok saw all of it written on my face and he did a warm pat on my left shoulder, saying it is okay. I plastered my smile which I forced and looked back at my paper. Then, I saw my mom on mind, smiling widely as ever. I felt really burdened already. How am I going to tell her this? I ran my fingers through my hair feeling a bit depressed. Ahh!

*

I sat alone at the corner of the library, eating my sandwich.

I kept on sighing, remembered about grades and my mom in between is bad thing for me. I have this kind of habit when I felt the tension where I started to worry about the whole thing. Being the only son to her hit me hard because I felt bad for her like really, really bad and even to myself, of course. 

I wish I could be like Chanyeol who would take this calmly.

Just why can’t I get better grades? Firstly it must be due to my soccer training, secondly I must have slept during the lesson and third, I’m just a dumb kid with a miserable past who kept haunting and possibly pathetic hoping for someone to give him love instead of his mother. Idiot!

I ruffled my hair and out of nowhere, I heard people arguing behind me.

“Yah! I don’t want this. Wash it!” He was half shouting, half whis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter