eighteen

Stronger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person

 

They walked on the pedestrian path, side by side. Kyungsoo’s mind was being occupied by Yoojin who was next to her. Her sweet yet fresh scent made him smiled. But the question kept on playing inside him.

Am I in love?

Yet, he was all screwed up. His hand kept on trembling and Yoojin felt it. She gave it a bit squeezed. He weakly smiled. Kyungsoo didn’t know what he was feeling but deep down he felt it was right; great, good, awesome and everything that’s the same. He took a glanced at her who was staring at the ground while walking. He sighed as he still confused with all of this. The word love scared him as all the past vividly played in his head like a film. He was afraid of losing again. He didn’t want to lose her once she was his. He didn’t want the old thing to repeat again. But he wanted her so badly. Her present was enough to make him smiling like an idiot and of course sometime, made his brain stopped working for a while which he felt it was great.

“Where we’re going?” His mind suddenly went back to reality.

“Oh, m-my mom’s shop. You’ll love it.” He said. She nodded but hearing him sighing made Yoojin felt a slight worried about him. What was he thinking? She’s not a mind reader after all but seeing his eyes were a bit gloomy, she softly interlaced their hand. Kyungsoo stared at her for a second then gave her his smile. He felt calm all of sudden.

And being the brave Kyungsoo now, he pulled her closed as if he was hugging her on the shoulder. It was all awkward at first as he noticed her flinched but they began to grow comfortable as Yoojin chuckled. It was awkward yet pleasant. Kyungsoo then started to play with her hair on her ear, softly it. Yoojin was extremely nervous with his bold action but when she knew how comfortable they were, she wrapped her arms on his waist at the back, just like a couple. It felt good, so good and Kyungsoo didn’t want it to end.

And that was when he confirmed it, that he was in love. To her and he was glad she was her.

As Kyungsoo’s mom door shop was finally in sight, they immediately stepped in. The bell rang and revealed all sorts of flowers hanging here and there. Yoojin was running like a child, wondering around in this flower heaven place. It smelled so good and she stopped when she saw her favourite, the Jasmine. She never thought that his mom was a florist.

Well, Mrs Do had opened this for about two years ago and it was a complete success. Now, all the reservation were really packed that made Kyungsoo needed to always came by on every weekend just to help her with all of these. Since his mom didn’t hire any employees, Kyungsoo took it as his part time job. He didn’t receive any salary as his mom needed the money more than him so he let it passed.

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but to form a smile on his face when he saw her being like that.

“Kyungie-ah.” Mrs.Do’s hands were occupied with some boxes and Kyungsoo quickly went to help her. She rubbed her hands on the apron that she was wearing before planting a peck on his son’s left cheek.

“Don’t you want to hang out with the others? Where’s Chanyeol anyway? I didn’t see him for couples of days.” She asked while tied up her hair into a messy bun. Kyungsoo who was being immersed by Yoojin at the Jasmine section, didn’t hear what his mom said. Mrs Do was waiting for him to answer but seeing his eyes were on the girl at the flowers, smelling and smiling made her took it back. And speaking of Chanyeol, he didn’t even visit him and his mom for the last couple of days. She thought something happened but knowing that he was okay, from Kyungsoo, she shrugged it off.

“Kyungsoo-yah.” She touched his arm. Kyungsoo heard his mom and sheepishly grinning at her. Mrs Do laughed at his son’s odd behaviour as he was just too adorable with that owl-eyed of his.

Yoojin noticed that Kyungsoo was not there with her. She turned back and saw he was talking to an elderly woman which she was in her 40s. Maybe that’s his mom, she assumed. She politely came and stood close at him. Kyungsoo’s cheeks began to heat up when he smelled her hair scent – cherry blossom.

Mrs Do shifted her gaze at Yoojin.

“Kyungsoo-yah.. Would you mind tell me who this is?” She raised her left eyebrow while cleaning the flower stems with a napkin and wrapped it in a blue paper. Yoojin nervously breathed out and politely bowed at 90 degrees.

“A-annyeonghaseyo, Park Yoojin imnida.” She warmly smiled and Mrs Do nodded, rubbing her hands once again on her apron. She sat on the chair next to the cashier then patted the empty seat next to her. Yoojin hesitantly sat while Kyungsoo stood next to her. He could feel how nervous and anxious she was, so he grabbed her by shoulder then squeezed it, assuring her, it was fine.

“I’m not going to eat you, honey.” She said which made Kyungsoo smiled as he knew that his mom was kind of like her, maybe. He took a seat next to Yoojin and helped his mom with wrapping job. Yoojin was fidgeting her fingers since she didn’t know what to do. Mrs Do chuckled and handed her some wrapper to her and told her how to do it. Yoojin did what she was told, firstly set them securely on the wrapper, fixed it then wrapped it neatly, soon, tied it with the pink string in front of her. She was getting it after a few tries that made Mrs Do s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter