twenty two

Stronger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person

 

“You look stupid.” Baekhyun eyes were locking at the beanie that was Kai wearing. Kai just rolled his eyes while sipping his Americano from the straw at Sehun’s workplace. Since Sehun worked there and he was the one who made this, they would always get it for free. And to add the fact that Sehun’s workplace isn’t that far from Chanyeol’s house they all agreed to spend time there before school started back.

It was only three weeks left until the winter’s break and Christmas will come over, soon. Most of the students will be packed with a lot of school projects for the next year admission and to pass it they needed a ton of work to do. But these kids who still fooling around never care about all that. Not now.

“Seriously Kai? Green and red stripes beanie? You look like a Christmas tree with that thing stuck on your head, its look incredible stupid.” He snickered at him and Kai harshly took off his beanie and shoved it back into his pocket. Looking angry at Baekhyun now, Kai rolled his eyes while huffing with an unsatisfied tone.

“You are. And for you further notice only a five-year old kid eats that donut messily.” He snorted. Baekhyun made a soft ‘tch’ looking really grumpy with that comment from him. Chanyeol who was really entertain by the two of them, was about to laugh and covered his mouth his palm, preventing him from letting out the laugh. Joonmyun smirked seeing they arguing about the beanie made him tickled but at the same time he felt for the younger who kept being scolded by the hyung each time.

“Guys, stop it already!” He said, chuckling at the end of the sentence. Kai pouted adorably which made Baekhyun felt like he was going to throw up.

“He started it first.” He muttered. Baekhyun was slowly growing a smile on his face as soon as he heard Kai being childish. He chuckled before ruining the younger’s hair and laughed.

“Hyung..” He whined and nudged Kyungsoo on the arm. He startled when he felt the sharp elbow nudged on his arm. He shook his head and blankly stared at Kai with his blank expression. He didn’t why he was spacing out just now but the image of Yoojin laughing just now kept playing in his head. His heart clenched, his head hurt. “What?” He mumbled. Baekhyun face turned to a frown. Sehun just kept his eyes on him, staring at him as if he was searching for an answer in him but he got nothing unless about the Yoojin thingy earlier.

“Are you even listening to us now? Gosh.” Baekhyun looked somewhat pissed off actually but then he saw how really blanked Kyungsoo was, his eyes soften. Kai just stared at him really curious just like Sehun but he immediately shrugged it off after Kyungsoo awkwardly chuckled when everyone eyes’ on him. Kyungsoo scratched at the back of his head slowly really awkward.

“So, have you guys prepared any gift?” Kai suddenly changed the topic as everyone went into a dead silent for a while. Baekhyun froze a moment while Chanyeol smiled sheepishly. Joonmyun just nodded and Sehun avoided his gaze. And then, this little guy, again, spacing out.

“Guys..” Kai was eyeing them, playing with his straw from the drink.

“Let just not ask, okay?” Chanyeol spoke. Baekhyun agreed with him and nodded along. But Joonmyun who smelled something fishy blow their cover off. “Don’t tell you didn’t prepare it yet?” Baekhyun laughed.

“No, we j-just-“

“I knew it.” Joonmyun rolled his eyes. Kai pouted as he was expecting them to tell him about it as he already got them a few days ago. “Hey, we still got time. Plus, there’ll be sales soon. So, why hurry?” Baekhyun glanced at his hyung, Joonmyun that was shrugging his shoulder somewhat agreed? “But still, you need to..” Kai said, with his child kind of voice.

But there’s still two person kept on being silent during the whole talking thing; Kyungsoo and Sehun. The blonde guy kept eyeing him. He blinked blankly with his eyes liked it was going to pop out.

Hyung?!

Kyungsoo felt his phone vibrated and checked it, thinking maybe his mom want to ask something but clearly not. He looked up to see Sehun with his eyes locking at him and he raised his eyebrows, asking him in silent. Kyungsoo’s gaze dropped as he replied to him who was sitting across him.

Nothing.

Sehun snorted while rolling his eyes which attracted Kai’s attention. He peeked at Sehun’s phone and saw Kyungsoo’s name on it. He then looked at Kyungsoo who also had been staring at his phone. Weird, he thought.

It’s Yoojin, huh? Kyungsoo stopped when he saw that. He never thought that this boy could read mind or whatsoever but seeing him being so expert in this kind of problem made him think twice, is he really the childish, playful Oh Sehun? He cleared his throat then sipped his drink before replying to him. Sehun had been eyeing him since then let out a soft yet sly chuckled when he saw Kyungsoo flustered. How this hyung can be any cuter by day? He wondered.

It’s none of your business, Oh Sehun !!!!!!!! He clicked the send button and smiled. Sehun made a light ‘tch’ sound which Kyungsoo caught it and huffed on the next.

Oh please.. Hyung, even I’m younger than you, doesn’t mean that I can’t help you. I saw what you earlier at Chanyeol hyung’s house.

Kyungsoo looked at him.

Just forget it, okay?

Forget it?! Really hyung? You just going to give up just like that? Tch, this is so unbelievable.

Then?! What am I going to do?! You know that I can’t confess very well, especially to girls..

This hyung gave him headache. Sehun sighed for the nth time and shook his head twice. Kyungsoo leaned in on his chair with his phone still in his hand waiting for Sehun to reply him. He looked up again and saw the frustration Sehun typing his text message. Probably, now, he was thinking of something to make this Kyungsoo felt less shy to girls especially to the girl he likes, Yoojin.

Man up, then! Hyung, I know you like her and don’t even get me started to tell you all over again about how you guys met and so on. I could feel that Yoojin is feeling the same way as you hyung. I know this sound really annoying to you, but you need to work harder just in case that Jungkook stole her away. But now, all you could do is tell her. There, the long speech by the amazing Prof. Oh Sehun.

Kyungsoo sighed heavily, still in his blank expression.

Then what do I need to do? I really can’t confess. Oh, I know, you could teach me :D Sehun coughed all of sudden.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Joonmyun asked, slightly worried. Sehun chuckled while nodding his head. He smiled then looked down at his phone back. Kyungsoo was holding his laughter finally burst out when he saw Sehun weird smile. 

“What on earth-“

“Nothing.” He immediately answered Joonmyun. They both looked really curious to him right now, as if they were having a secret affair or whatever it is.

You’re cruel hyung! You shouldn’t laugh.

You look funny.

Whatever.

So, can you teach me?

There goes the bomb again. Kyungsoo was half smiling right now and expecting Sehun to reply a yes but all he got was,

Yah!

Sehun made faces at him while Kyungsoo just kicked him on the leg under the table. Sehun accidentally kicked the table and made it move.

“Woah, what’s happening?” Baekhyun let out a cried. He then, fixed the table back to its place with Sehun shrugging, showing like he didn’t know a thing. Screw you, Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo who was clutching hard on his phone then folded his arm looking really pissed off with the kid infront of him. Sehun sniggered at him and replied back as Kyungsoo began to look really evil with his frown there.

You know, there’s another way to confess actually..

Sehun was actually smirking very wide that made Joonmyun felt weird all of sudden. While these two ramblings and joking through their phones

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter